Robert Griffin III Does Not Want to be Defined by his Race

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #81
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 htown said:
a mexican will always support because a mexican will always display their pride...look at Sanchez...he wore mouthpieces with the mexican flag on them...Cain Velasquez has a Brown Pride tattoo...it would be a national uproar if RG3 displayed anything that was seen as pro-black...but this is why Mexicans will support each other...blacks would support other blacks too if they were not afraid to show pride like that
im going to have to call bullsh*t on that one, black people pull race with social impunity all the time
 5 years ago '07        #82
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,832 | Props total: 1998 1998
good for him you shouldn't be defined by your race but by the man/woman you are
 5 years ago '09        #83
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1395 1395
 nightmare said:
how does this make him not a positive black male role model?
I never said that he wasn't. I said aim to be, as in aim positive messages at young black males.
 12-13-2012, 10:15 PM         #84
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
no, in quite a few instances, intelligence is shunned the in the black (black american) communityor if you dont fit a stereotype, you become ostracized, and im not white, so stop being pretentious

you are not a black man so it still applies

intelligence is shunned in the black community?

damn i feel sorry for you

the only thing you know about the black community is what you are told and sold by the American media

you are not black and you hate black people so much yet you use the word n*gga and are on a site with hip hop and black dominated sports on the top of the page

i see that you are hurt that the black people who you have encountered in life have not accepted you and didnt like the person you are

but since you are "not white" i know the damn sure dont like you and accept you either

you shouldnt be so upset about it

Last edited by bigree61; 12-13-2012 at 10:23 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #85
space
space
 bigree61 said:
you are not a black man so it still applies

intelligence is shunned in the black community?

damn i feel sorry for you

the only thing you know about the black community is what you are told and sold by the American media
aside from the wild delusions of your own mind,

what makes you think im not black?

what makes you think im speaking on ALL or even the MAJORITY of American blacks when i say this?

and what what makes you think im not speaking from many years of 1st, 2nd and 3rd hand experience?

tell me

also dont feel bad for me, i couldnt put your pity with 2 quarters to amount to a dollar

Last edited by nightmare; 12-13-2012 at 10:30 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #86
space
space
also when you highlight only portion of a quote, as you did above, it completely changes the context of what i said. removing "in quite a few instances," makes it seem as if i made a sweeping generalization

just figured you needed a quick lesson written English
 5 years ago '05        #87
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,202 | Props total: 15740 15740
I know he wants to be only define by being a great QB and not just a great BLACK QB, but why not just embrace both? As a black man, he should be proud that he could potentially be the greatest QB in NFL history but he just so happens to be black.
 12-13-2012, 10:43 PM         #88
nivrigawin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a) race is not "real" - it is a construction of white Europeans
b) for most of history, we have had racists - people who think other people innately inferior on the basis of their skin color
c) it follows that race is only a stamp that white people put on blacks. props to RG3 for not accepting the stamp
4) he should still embrace the African-American--or if you want, "black"--culture he is a part of represent it to the max.

"race" isn't that complicated homes.
 5 years ago '04        #89
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
 Lighto said:
U can understand? Well you're a moron two
I think I have actual proof that you're a moron two
 5 years ago '10        #90
Big Louie Champ 117 heat pts117
space
space
$11,745 | Props total: 7622 7622
Didnt fu*kin Read Buddy lol
 12-14-2012, 01:07 AM         #91
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 htown said:
a mexican will always support because a mexican will always display their pride...look at Sanchez...he wore mouthpieces with the mexican flag on them...Cain Velasquez has a Brown Pride tattoo...it would be a national uproar if RG3 displayed anything that was seen as pro-black...but this is why Mexicans will support each other...blacks would support other blacks too if they were not afraid to show pride like that
Some of my friends have Haitian flags on their cars' rear view mirror, license plates, etc. Same with Jamaican pride stuff, I've seen Cape Verde stuff before, and just recently we seen that Trinidad Jones dude repping the T&T flag. They're not scared to show their pride for their ancestral ethnicity. But if you talking like a black power flag, the red/green/black, then yeah, I'd be scared to rep that too because the feds might be on you. Same goes for KKK/Neo-Nazi sh*t. That's not pride for your race, that's saying, "I want my race to dominate all others, we're the best." etc. Where as a flag of your heritage is just, "I embrace my roots."

I do understand your point though about some black folks not knowing their heritage because of complications with knowing about their ancestors due to slavery.

But let's be honest about one thing. There's a considerate amount of black folk (as we can see in microcosms of society as BX is), that when a black man doesn't fall in line with expected behavior, he'll be called an uncle tom, etc. Even other black people have said that basically it's holding your behavior at ransom. "Be like this, or we'll disown you" type of deal. That's what's going on with Parker and RGIII right now. Parker is trying to disown him. That's detrimental, that's holding people back.

Now in no way am I saying this is the majority mindstate of all black people. I have no idea, I just know what I've seen first hand with friends around me, and what has played out in public eye. It's even spread to white people in that a white person will meet a black person who talks really proper and bucks all the black stereotypes and even the white person will call that black person, "white on the inside" or basically disown him from being black even though they're not black themselves. This is real, let's be honest here.

I agree with you btw about not being one extreme or the other, that happens too much with us. If someone says they don't like Republicans we automatically think they're Democrats, etc. We think in black & white (no pun intended) too much.
 5 years ago '12        #92
Zoo Blocc Savage 91 heat pts91
space
space
$2,155 | Props total: 1163 1163
K, QB, TE = white majority WR, RB= Black Majority
 5 years ago '06        #93
space
space
 Lighto said:
I agree with him embracing it but to say he's a Uncle Tom is foolish. You can embrace your race without having it define you.
exactly my point, there shouldnt be a litany of specific attributes that determine is someone is "black". your race and personality shouldnt be interchangeable. whats would with being a proud black man, but at the same time being who YOU are
 5 years ago '06        #94
space
space
 Got Cheeve? said:
Some of my friends have Haitian flags on their cars' rear view mirror, license plates, etc. Same with Jamaican pride stuff, I've seen Cape Verde stuff before, and just recently we seen that Trinidad Jones dude repping the T&T flag. They're not scared to show their pride for their ancestral ethnicity. But if you talking like a black power flag, the red/green/black, then yeah, I'd be scared to rep that too because the feds might be on you. Same goes for KKK/Neo-Nazi sh*t. That's not pride for your race, that's saying, "I want my race to dominate all others, we're the best." etc. Where as a flag of your heritage is just, "I embrace my roots."

I do understand your point though about some black folks not knowing their heritage because of complications with knowing about their ancestors due to slavery.

But let's be honest about one thing. There's a considerate amount of black folk (as we can see in microcosms of society as BX is), that when a black man doesn't fall in line with expected behavior, he'll be called an uncle tom, etc. Even other black people have said that basically it's holding your behavior at ransom. "Be like this, or we'll disown you" type of deal. That's what's going on with Parker and RGIII right now. Parker is trying to disown him. That's detrimental, that's holding people back.

Now in no way am I saying this is the majority mindstate of all black people. I have no idea, I just know what I've seen first hand with friends around me, and what has played out in public eye. It's even spread to white people in that a white person will meet a black person who talks really proper and bucks all the black stereotypes and even the white person will call that black person, "white on the inside" or basically disown him from being black even though they're not black themselves. This is real, let's be honest here.

I agree with you btw about not being one extreme or the other, that happens too much with us. If someone says they don't like Republicans we automatically think they're Democrats, etc. We think in black & white (no pun intended) too much.
 5 years ago '11        #95
invaderchin 174 heat pts174
space
space
$4,660 | Props total: 2876 2876
RG3 is the truth.

give that n*gga 100 props
 5 years ago '04        #96
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1083 1083
My only problem with RG3 is the offense they got him running. That offense is so dumbed down and simple it is disrespectful to have a talent like him running that HS/College offense in the pros. I know Redskins fans are hyped over it and I know RG3 is k!lling it in that offense. But in the long run this will hurt him. There is a reason he only has 4 INT. It's not because he's so accurate or he' so careful with the ball. That offense either has a guy wide open or nothing is there and he has to take off. Look at the offense on 3rd and 7+. They are disgusting. That's when the D knows you have to pass and all them play fakes mean nothing. The Skins are like 6 for 53 in 3rd and 7+.

I'm sorry but RG3 is running a little more intricate version of the offense Cam is running in Carolina. The Skins one is by a much better O-coordinator and a much better run blocking scheme. But the offense is very similar none the less. It's a slap in the face to those guys to not let them run a pro style offense when they both are good or even great pocket passers.
 5 years ago '04        #97
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 511 511
 Hamburgers said:
fu*k that.. he a black n*gga and black n*ggas cant play QB
 5 years ago '07        #98
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
fu*k rob parker and anybody that agrees with that ignorant statement he made. We need to eliminate "uncle tom" and "not being black enough" from our thought process. Stop living the Willie Lynch doctrine. And yeah you can dispute the authenticity of that doctrine but the words are true. That's why we can't win in this country. We can't build because we have no unity. You gotta think fam. Rob Parker is doing what ESPN wants him to do. Thats where the outrage should be.
 5 years ago '11        #99
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 Barnone254 said:
fu*k rob parker and anybody that agrees with that ignorant statement he made. We need to eliminate "uncle tom" and "not being black enough" from our thought process. Stop living the Willie Lynch doctrine. And yeah you can dispute the authenticity of that doctrine but the words are true. That's why we can't win in this country. We can't build because we have no unity. You gotta think fam. Rob Parker is doing what ESPN wants him to do. Thats where the outrage should be.
i wouldnt quite take it that far. there is a such thing as an uncle tom to me. if you make it turn your back on everything that made you. but that doesn't apply to athletes for me and rob parker been spewing nonsense. he didnt even look comfortable saying it
 5 years ago '11        #100
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 514 514
 Gatorfan2611 said:
i wouldnt quite take it that far. there is a such thing as an uncle tom to me. if you make it turn your back on everything that made you. but that doesn't apply to athletes for me and rob parker been spewing nonsense. he didnt even look comfortable saying it
word. when rob asked the question , everyone had the look on their faces like they didn't know what he was eluding to. what i don't understand is why they didn't understand the question. they often talk about racial issues and have no problem. i think they left rob out to dry and tried to distance themselves from the question. its a sensitive topic but i think most rational black people understand the question.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now