most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 htown said:
huh? who says this...no one says that Stephen A Smith or Cornell West is not black...I chalk it up to him being young...but I do not dismiss the perspectives of older black folks...they have experienced things that strongly influence their perspectives.
im talking about this young cats out here, and alot of these BX n*ggas on here
 5 years ago '09        #62
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
RG3 should embrace it and aim to be a positive black male role model. I'm disappointed, but I still support him fully.
 5 years ago '06        #63
space
space
 xRapHeadx said:
RG3 should embrace it and aim to be a positive black male role model. I'm disappointed, but I still support him fully.
how does this make him not a positive black male role model?
 5 years ago '04        #64
htown 
space
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 768 768
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
What qualifies you on being a "Real" black person is there a test?

people can act black or white or any ethnicity...I don't see what's so hard about this concept to grasp...if there was some black dude walking around listening to Mariachi saying whats up ese and chale, you don't think he is behaving like a Mexican?
 5 years ago '06        #65
space
space
 htown said:
people can act black or white or any ethnicity...I don't see what's so hard about this concept to grasp...if there was some black dude walking around listening to Mariachi saying whats up ese and chale, you don't think he is behaving like a Mexican?
so youre gonna to compare a national identity to a racial one

i wonder if a white man in Russia has the same definition of acting white as a white man in america

if im from Ghana, am i not acting black, if not on some hood sh*t?

theres millions of these wrong with your post, those are just two
 5 years ago '04        #66
htown 
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
how does this make him not a positive black male role model?
He can be a role model and still proudly acknowledge his heritage...I understand though he's a young guy...young folks are usually more idealistic than realistic...I remember when Mcnabb said that black qbs were treated worse, and Vince Young disagreed...I wonder what Vince thinks now?
 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM         #67
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
basically if a black man is not an idiot, he can longer be accepted as black. no wonder the american black community is in shambles
why are white guys like this speaking on the black community?

who said you have to be dumb to be a black man? you feel all black men that are proud to be black are dumb? or maybe you think all black men who dont talk proper and come from the burbs are "dumb"

the black community is in the "shambles" you speak of because of over 400 hundred years of systematic oppression
 12-13-2012, 09:32 PM         #68
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 st21 said:
agreed. great post. one of the 1st I've seen from this particular poster.
I'm a pretty objective dude. I do play the contrarian a lot though, which tends to rub people the wrong way. But I only do that when there's two sides and the other needs to be heard, even if I don't agree with that opposite side. I like putting all the cards on the table, and don't like seeing everyone run with the same narrative. It helped me gain a better understanding of everything, and I feel like it can do that for other people when they're introduced to both sides too. Most of BX runs on a certain narrative, which is why I usually present the other perception. When I'm out and about and the other narrative is running, I present the one that dominates here in BX. I like balance.

5 years ago '04        #69
htown 
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
so youre gonna to compare a national identity to a racial one

i wonder if a white man in Russia has the same definition of acting white as a white man in america

if im from Ghana, am i not acting black, if not on some hood sh*t?

theres millions of these wrong with your post, those are just two
In America when it comes to blacks national pride is pretty similar to racial pride. Black Americans don't know what countries we come from, so we pretty much band together under being black...our culture is pretty distinct like cultures from different nationalities
 5 years ago '04        #70
htown 
space
space
space
 bigree61 said:

who said you have to be dumb to be a black man? you feel all black men that are proud to be black are dumb? or maybe you think all black men who dont talk proper and come from the burbs are "dumb"

the black community is in the "shambles" you speak of because of over 400 hundred years of systematic oppression
it's like when guys speak on pregnancy and giving birth...no matter how much we think we might know scientifically, we pretty much can't speak on it as well as the most uneducated woman can..but people can get frustrated by this and you can tell by the vitriol that is aimed at concepts they disagree with...or that they wish would go away
 5 years ago '06        #71
space
space
 bigree61 said:

no, in quite a few instances, intelligence is shunned the in the black (black american) community

or if you dont fit a stereotype, you become ostracized, and im not white, so stop being pretentious
 5 years ago '06        #72
space
space
 htown said:
In America when it comes to blacks national pride is pretty similar to racial pride. Black Americans don't know what countries we come from, so we pretty much band together under being black...our culture is pretty distinct like cultures from different nationalities
i agree and disagree, theres truth to this, but i think its generalized to the point of excess. if you dont fit a stereotype, people will sh*t on you. which is ironic, because alot of those same people complain about being stereotyped
 5 years ago '04        #73
htown 
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
no, in quite a few instances, intelligence is shunned the in the black (black american) community

or if you dont fit a stereotype, you become ostracized, and im not white, so stop being pretentious
And in quite a few instances racial bias against blacks is accepted in the white community, so I guess Rob Parker has a point
 5 years ago '06        #74
space
space
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
Whats rg3 doing thats so wrong?

Every African American complains about being stereotyped and put into a certain category and now rg3 comes along as a great role model was brought up properly and educated in a military family has his morals and values speaks proper but now he's not "black" and in the interview the first thing he said was he is african american but he's looking past race because everyones so quick to judge he wants his actions to define him as a person and how he works and acts not by the color of his skin

Thats how all human beings should some are like that but the majority are (closet) racist aka rob parker

It's pathetic
thats my point. hes not saying hes not black, hes just trying to do him.

im honestly just tired of people seeing a respectable black man, succeeding and hating on him and tearing him down, black people be tearing down other blacks more than whites these days

meanwhile, if a dude has 3 baby mamas and hustles, he's black and legit

like when my nephew got called an uncle tom for wanting to go college and get a degree, now the same people hating on him, cuz he paid, and even still he give back to the hood, but n*ggas dont care, he aint black apparently

Last edited by nightmare; 12-13-2012 at 09:54 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #75
htown 
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
i agree and disagree, theres truth to this, but i think its generalized to the point of excess. if you dont fit a stereotype, people will sh*t on you. which is ironic, because alot of those same people complain about being stereotyped
This goes for every group...Mexicans don't like whitewashed Mexicans that don't speak Spanish, but they don't like stereotypes that people have about them either...conservative whites don't like it when other whites pus*yfoot or are sensitive about other races feelings, but they also complain when they are labeled as insensitive neaderthal bigots.
 5 years ago '06        #76
space
space
 htown said:
And in quite a few instances racial bias against blacks is accepted in the white community, so I guess Rob Parker has a point
im not understanding what you are trying to say here. how does Rob Parker have a point? what has RG done to warrant such a response from this man?
 5 years ago '06        #77
space
space
 htown said:
This goes for every group...Mexicans don't like whitewashed Mexicans that don't speak Spanish, but they don't like stereotypes that people have about them either...conservative whites don't like it when other whites pus*yfoot or are sensitive about other races feelings, but they also complain when they are labeled as insensitive neaderthal bigots.
that doesnt make the mentality any less moronic, however, my point is that american blacks do it to the point where its self-destructive to the culture and the overall community. at the end of the day a mexican, will support another mexican over somebody else.

a n*gga will take another n*gga out on some petty sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #78
htown 
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
thats my point. hes not saying hes not black, hes just trying to do him.

im honestly just tired of people seeing a respectable black man, succeeding and hating on him and tearing him down, black people be tearing down other blacks more than whites these days

meanwhile, if a dude has 3 baby mamas and hustles, he's black and legit

like when my nephew got called an uncle tom for wanting to go college and get a degree, now the same people hating on him, cuz he paid
I don't get these types of comments...I'm a black guy that can understand where Rob Parker is coming from, but I also don't condone being irresponsible...I don't see how disagreeing with one extreme automatically means that agree with the other extreme.
 5 years ago '04        #79
htown 
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
that doesnt make the mentality any less moronic, however, my point is that american blacks do it to the point where its self-destructive to the culture and the overall community. at the end of the day a mexican, will support another mexican over somebody else.

a n*gga will take another n*gga out on some petty sh*t
a mexican will always support because a mexican will always display their pride...look at Sanchez...he wore mouthpieces with the mexican flag on them...Cain Velasquez has a Brown Pride tattoo...it would be a national uproar if RG3 displayed anything that was seen as pro-black...but this is why Mexicans will support each other...blacks would support other blacks too if they were not afraid to show pride like that
 5 years ago '06        #80
space
space
 htown said:
I don't get these types of comments...I'm a black guy that can understand where Rob Parker is coming from, but I also don't condone being irresponsible...I don't see how disagreeing with one extreme automatically means that agree with the other extreme.
im think you are taking what i am saying to personally, im speaking in general from my personal experiences, im not implying that YOU, think this way, however, quite of few African Americans do

that said, i personally think Rob Parker is a piece of sh*t, who the fu*k does he think he is to judge someone like that?
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy