DLH has all the bargaining power. He was the biggest draw in the sport. You can't even argue that Pac could force him down in weight.
Yes, and he shouldn't have tried to cherrypick a smaller man.
He didn't gain any weight. He stopped sweating down.
Manny in 2006
[pic - click to view]
Manny in 2008
[pic - click to view]
He should get credit for taking up the challenge and performing marvelously. Pac was an enormous underdog in that f!ght. Many thought it was a joke f!ght and sh*tted on Oscar for it. Don't try to rewrite history.
Then why did DLH choose to f!ght a guy 3 weights lower? lmfao
He was in horrible shape, but it was his own damn fault for trying to cherrypick a smaller man.
Mosley was a shot f!ghter when Floyd fought him. Jittery, slow, inactive. Mayweather gets more credit because no one knew Mosley was shot before that f!ght. Manny cherrypicked Mosley as an easy payday. Still was an old and well worn Shane.
Mayweather is portrayed as a chicken, because he ducked the f!ght. He's thrown roadblock after roadblock to making the f!ght.
DLH was shot, but not Cotto and Hatton, who could both still pull the trigger. I don't think you understand what a shot f!ghter is, but ok.
He had never asked for blood tests before, but he asks for them when a special f!ghter is around his weight? Can you explain the change in philosophy?
You don't know for sure that Pac's team even demanded those. That's just what Floyd says, and he's been known to lie.
Past Mayweather opponents had no bargaining power. Manny is a legitimate TV and gate draw, and could make 20M+ not f!ghting him. He didn't have to give in to anything. Mosley and Ortiz are B sides, guys who will never do big numbers as the main attraction. Cotto was running out of big payday options and took the testing.
You're saying the same thing over and over again and trying to doge the main points.
1. De La Hoya making a dumbass decision to agree to f!ght way below a healthy weight is his own fault, no shyt , nobody is arguing against that. That doesn't make Manny's win impressive though. You can keep saying " Well De La Hoya agreed this , De La Hoya agreed to that " , Okay, an athlete making a stupid decision due to their competitive nature and money hunger, What's new ??
All of that is besides the point that Manny's win was far from impressive , De La Hoya being stupid doesn't make Manny a better boxer. Manny whooped a De La Hoya who was in horribe as shyt condition. That's the bottom line.
and that picture only hurts your argument, meaning Manny committed to a weight he usually already weighs in at, not much of an adjustment , to someone whose normal weight is around 15 pounds heavier.
2. Mosley was shot ?? but nobody knew but you right ?? So when did everyone else realize that he was shot ?? When Mayweather mopped the floor with him ?? Okay once again , you're going off on irrelevant tangents, the main point is, Manny ran, Floyd stepped up. So who was the chicken in that situation ??
3. Only demands that Mayweather wanted was a blood test and a bigger cut. He's always stood by those demands, the real problem is Manny flip flopping saying " no blood tests" in negotiations, then once negotiations are over he's on some " Oh yea I'll do a blood test" , He's the one that said " I'll take a lot less money because I f!ght for the people" in one interview, then when it's time to negotiate he's on some " I want 50/50 "
4. Pac's team did demand those terms and they said it themselves, Roach, Arum, Michael Koncz (his advisor) , and Michael Gaca (his lawyer) all talked about them dictating the glove size, weight class, ring size, and weight penalty fees.
5. Mayweather's opponents took the test because they were clean f!ghters, If Manny was a clean f!ghter and wanted this f!ght so badly, why did he have a problem with taking a blood test for so long ?? Honestly all boxers should be blood tested IMO, in a sport with a history of PED'd f!ghters that requires you to smash each others heads in , it should be the first sport on the list for required blood testing, and for people to defend a f!ghter who flip flops from no blood testing to 28 days to 14 days then walks away from negotiations and THEN says he'll do no cut off is ridiculous.