Manny Pacquiao cries (along with his wife) during post-defeat interview on Philippines TV

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,068 | Props total: 1048 1048
 Pistol Peter said:
waiting for the response to this
gladly...

how did Manny weight drain DLH? folks really think Manny was in a position to dictate to the cash cow?

fought them at a catchweight ok, ill give him a pass for Cotto, f!ght was at 145 Cotto weighed 146 in his previous f!ght... it was his first f!ght at the weight ok, Margarito catchweight was BS, yes.

avoided Mosley til he fell off... nonsense... Mosley looked awful against Mayorga, beat a sitting duck in Margarito who just lost his bricks, shut out against Floyd, aside from round 2... looked awful against Mora, so he fell off long before Manny got to him...

while Floyd...

Floyd made Hatton move up in weight... his previous f!ght at that weight he looked awful... made Marquez move up 2 weight classes, agreed to a catchweight then came to the press conference and admitted he didn't even try to make weight... I could easily go on but I ain't here to 'hate'
 5 years ago '06        #42
jj01 
space
space
$44,988 | Props total: 4711 4711
 Sizzler01 said:
umm who did he say that about?

Manny Pacquiao decides to simply f!ght on
BILL DWYRE
Boxer looks toward bout with Joshua Clottey but still wishes he was facing Floyd Mayweather Jr. instead.
February 02, 2010|Bill Dwyre

Email

Manny Pacquiao is back in town. Boxing is like phases of the moon, and Pacquiao is in the training phase.

There will be a f!ght, all right. But not the one the world wanted, nor Pacquiao and his trainer, Freddie Roach.

"I wanted Mayweather bad, real bad," Roach says.

"I'm not angry at Floyd," Pacquiao says. "I just feel disappointed in his allegations."

It is a Monday afternoon at Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood. The air is stale, the noise often deafening and the entire place decorum-challenged, unless you are into wrinkled 1972 boxing posters. That's as it should be. They train boxers here, not ballerinas.

Pacquiao prepares for a March 13 f!ght that was to be between him, recently acclaimed f!ghter of the decade in a vote by the U.S. Boxing Writers, and Floyd Mayweather Jr., who would tell you the boxing writers got it wrong. Now, the f!ght will be between Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey.

Once Pacquiao and Mayweather parted ways in the well-documented drug-testing dispute, Mayweather agreed to f!ght Shane Mosley on May 1 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mosley has signed the contract deal, but as of Monday night, Mayweather had not.

Richard Schaefer, chief executive of Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, says he expects the Mayweather signature any minute. He also says that Mosley agreed to all the Olympic-style random testing , including blood testing right up to f!ght time, that Pacquiao had rejected.

There are attempts from all camps to portray this fallback outcome as just fine for boxing, maybe even better.

Roach says Clottey might give f!ght fans a better show than the tactical, defense-minded Mayweather because "Clottey comes forward and it could become a war." Pacquiao refers to the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, where his f!ght will be held in front of an expected 40,000 people, as "a beautiful place" and the Top Rank camp of Bob Arum characterizes the new venue as an important step in bringing new fans to the sport. Schaefer says that, as great as the 40-0 Mayweather is, Mosley's stunning domination of Antonio Margarito 13 months ago at Staples Center proves how dangerous he is.

Still, the loss of the Pacquiao-Mayweather mega-f!ght, one that could have put as much as $40 million in each f!ghter's pocket, hangs in the Wild Card Gym like the smell of body odor.

"In the end," Roach says, "if we had given in on the blood testing, it would have been like giving Mayweather the first round. Why would we do that?

"Manny hates needles. He said that's what cost him the first [Erik] Morales f!ght [March 2005]. We made a mistake on that one. Nevada has every boxer give blood once a year, and Manny hadn't done that, so we had to do it the night before the f!ght, just like Mayweather wanted. Manny said it made him weak for three days. Even if they took blood from him 14 days before the f!ght, that would have meant I lose him on key sparring days 14, 13, and 12 days out."

The Mayweather camp will read that and chuckle. Those theorizing that Pacquiao must use steroids or he would have agreed to the extra drug testing will not be moved.

There is the issue of time running out on Pacquiao's boxing career. He will run for Congress in the Philippines in mid-May. Roach has said he doesn't think Pacquiao can be a marquee boxer and a politician at the same time. Asked about that Monday, Pacquiao says, "Why not?"

There is the issue of how much these next f!ghts could mess things up. Were Clottey to win, might not Pacquiao see that as a perfect time to retreat to politics full time? Were Mosley to win, might that not do the same thing?

"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him f!ght Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a f!ghter."

There is the issue of Pacquiao's current lawsuit against the Mayweathers for defamation. Pacquiao's attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, says that the case is in federal court in Nevada, is moving at full speed and can be in trial by year's end.

But the real issue remains lost money for the boxers and lost opportunity for the sport. For now, Pacquiao-Mayweather has gone away, but probably not forever.

Pacquiao is asked whether he is so angry at Mayweather that he will never be able to bring himself to step into the ring against him.

"No, I can f!ght him," Pacquiao says. "I'm just not sure he ever really wanted the f!ght."

Roach is asked whether the f!ght that didn't happen has now become like a burr in his saddle.

He nods.

5 years ago '05        #43
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
ahh Roach said... just what I thought, you said Manny said, thanks for clearing that up
 5 years ago '06        #44
jj01 
space
space
$44,988 | Props total: 4711 4711
manny not allowed to say anything.

dude's a fraud

his camp hand picks f!ghts and ducks real opposition.
 5 years ago '07        #45
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,982 | Props total: 5910 5910

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #46
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
Freddie the joke coach Roach is not a part of his 'camp' training camp yeah, but when it comes to shot calling, match making etc... no...
 5 years ago '06        #47
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 264 264
 Jimmy Breaux said:
Floyd is undefeated.

/thread.
Joe Calzaghe
 5 years ago '04        #48
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Sizzler01 said:
gladly...

how did Manny weight drain DLH? folks really think Manny was in a position to dictate to the cash cow?

fought them at a catchweight ok, ill give him a pass for Cotto, f!ght was at 145 Cotto weighed 146 in his previous f!ght... it was his first f!ght at the weight ok, Margarito catchweight was BS, yes.

avoided Mosley til he fell off... nonsense... Mosley looked awful against Mayorga, beat a sitting duck in Margarito who just lost his bricks, shut out against Floyd, aside from round 2... looked awful against Mora, so he fell off long before Manny got to him...

while Floyd...

Floyd made Hatton move up in weight... his previous f!ght at that weight he looked awful... made Marquez move up 2 weight classes, agreed to a catchweight then came to the press conference and admitted he didn't even try to make weight... I could easily go on but I ain't here to 'hate'
De La Hoya had been past his prime for a minute and Pacquiao was the rising star and even hailed at that point by many as the best P4P f!ghter in the world, let's not act like he didn't have any type of leverage in negotiations. De La Hoya knew the hype and money a Pacquiao f!ght would bring. Why do you think it was called " the Dream f!ght " ??

He whooped a severely weight drained De La Hoya, so no matter who had control in negotiations, he still gets no credit for that, Floyd beat De La Hoya in his own weight class. That's the main point.

Marquez and Hatton had to move up , Floyd had already been f!ghting at Welterweight for 3 years and just got done f!ghting De La Hoya at Light Middle weight a few months prior, he wouldn't be able to drop that much weight without depleting himself , he's not as stupid as Pacquiao's opponents. plus they were f!ghting for Floyd's welterweight titles. The Marquez f!ght was also a tune-up , it's not wise for f!ghter to try to go from Light Middle (154) to Lightweight (154). Once your body is accustomed to gaining that much muscle it's much more difficult to drop down then to go up.

and Cotto and Margarito were not only catchweights but both had just recently taken the most crucial L of their career, Cotto being beaten to a pulp by Margarito and Margarito catching his first TKO from Mosley.

and his handlers did have him duck Mosley, there's no way around that, Mosley was able to demolish a Margarito coming off a huge Cotto win , he TKO'ed someone who had a rep for one of the best chins in boxing and had never lost that way before. Roach blatantly said they ran from Mosley because he was too good , then when Floyd made him look slow and washed up they jumped at the opportunity.

So the main points are

- he gets no credit for De La Hoya (even though that's probably his most hyped victory)
- he did run from Mosley
- Cotto and Margarito were not only catchweights but also broken f!ghters BOTH coming off the most devastating losses of their career.
- he ran from blood tests for years

Last edited by psylence2k; 12-13-2012 at 11:52 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #49
dehdeh23 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 176 176
Alot of my boxer friends been saying for a while that you can't be a part-time f!ghter, thats why he lost and hasn't been as sharp. He needs to put all his attention to the f!ght game, quit politics and re-enter politics when his f!ghting career is over. I hate it had to be him hopefully he can bounce back man cuz boxing needs this man.
 5 years ago '04        #50
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,505 | Props total: 16337 16337
 UrbanEnterprise said:

how many boxers can "carefully select" their opponents and still be 43-0

don't worry i'll wait
 psylence2k said:
You guys can't be phucking serious

Mayweather has fought his opponents at a hell of alot closer to their natural weight than Pacquiao has.

He didn't weight drain De La Hoya and Cotto the way Pacquiao did. He fought them at Light Middleweight while Pacquiao made De La Hoya f!ght at Welterweight and Cotto at a catch weight.

Mayweather fought Mosley after he knocked out Margarito the same time Roach refused to let Manny f!ght Mosley because he was "too good", so he waited til Mosley fell off and fought him. If that isn't blatantly cherry picking then I dont know what is.

and he's always respected Cotto for his character, the whole period leading up to the f!ght you could tell that he admired the way he carried himself. You could tell there was a great mutual respect BEFORE the f!ght. WTF are you talking about ?

Manny weight drained De La Hoya
fought Cotto and Margarito at catchweights
avoided Mosley til he fell off
and ran from a blood test for over 2 years.

seeing manning get put to sleep really got these ppl desperate to say anything to make them feel better

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #51
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
- he gets no credit for De La Hoya (even though that's probably his most hyped victory)
- he did run from Mosley
- Cotto and Margarito were not only catchweights but also broken f!ghters BOTH coming off the most devastating losses of their career.
- he ran from blood tests for years
he should get credit for the DLH f!ght, dlh's previous f!ght against Stevie Forbes was at 150, he said he could make 147 easy, he said he was in the best shape of his life... yes DLH was past it but very few said Manny would win the f!ght

didn't run from Mosley, you can't f!ght everyone and at that time Cotto was the much bigger f!ght...

Cotto was coming off two wins, not the same f!ghter but certainly not a broken f!ghter...

didn't run from the blood test for two years, both men were acting like divas, anyone who doesn't see that is clearly biased
 5 years ago '04        #52
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Sizzler01 said:
he should get credit for the DLH f!ght, dlh's previous f!ght against Stevie Forbes was at 150, he said he could make 147 easy, he said he was in the best shape of his life... yes DLH was past it but very few said Manny would win the f!ght

didn't run from Mosley, you can't f!ght everyone and at that time Cotto was the much bigger f!ght...

Cotto was coming off two wins, not the same f!ghter but certainly not a broken f!ghter...

didn't run from the blood test for two years, both men were acting like divas, anyone who doesn't see that is clearly biased

So what if he fought Forbes at 150 ?? he looked like shyt in that f!ght too but less horrible than Forbes. You're really going to use that f!ght as an argument ??

Roach ran into him during training and saw how sick he looked trying to make weight, he said he could barely make it around the track where he ran at. They had to even try to rehydrate him with an IV before the f!ght.

How are you gonna say that they didn't run from Mosley when Freddie Roach said they did ?? He straight up said he told him " You're too good right now, you're not f!ghting Manny". TWICE he rejected him when Mosley came into Wild Card gym. Are you really trying to dispute that ??

and how is he NOT running from blood tests if he's refusing to do them ?

C'mon man, some of the stuff you're denying is ridiculous
 5 years ago '05        #53
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
So what if he fought Forbes at 150 ?? he looked like shyt in that f!ght too but less horrible than Forbes. You're really going to use that f!ght as an argument ??

Roach ran into him during training and saw how sick he looked trying to make weight, he said he could barely make it around the track where he ran at. They had to even try to rehydrate him with an IV before the f!ght.

How are you gonna say that they didn't run from Mosley when Freddie Roach said they did ?? He straight up said he told him " You're too good right now, you're not f!ghting Manny". TWICE he rejected him when Mosley came into Wild Card gym. Are you really trying to dispute that ??

and how is he NOT running from blood tests if he's refusing to do them ?

C'mon man, some of the stuff you're denying is ridiculous
I'm saying the man said he could make 147 easy, if he was struggling thats on him, at that stage no one was going to make DLH do anything he was the cash cow calling all the shots...

As I said no one gave him a chance in the f!ght before hand

But Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer concedes that weight is an issue. "You have two camps," he said on Aug. 5. "The camp which is against the f!ght seems to be bigger than the one for it."
"Oscar will stop Manny within three rounds," said Williams. "I don't want to take anything away from Pacquiao, but his punches won't hurt De La Hoya. Manny is just too small, and Oscar is just too big. That's why we have the different weight classes. The size and weight difference makes it a bad f!ght."
"Now Oscar is getting brave with a 135-pound f!ghter and is trying to convince everyone that it's a tough f!ght," Margarito said. "He's getting brave with a great f!ghter, but a f!ghter who f!ghts at 135 pounds. He wants to show the world that he can pull the trigger against a 135-pounder. What a man! What a hero!"
"What are they going to do?" Sulaiman has asked. "Stuff Manny with tamales and beans, and reduce Oscar in the steam bath to bring them together? It's ridiculous. It's absurd. It's a fraud to the public. The only reason why the f!ght was made was money."
Sure, Oscar De La Hoya's big-bucks showdown with Manny Pacquiao will be boxing's event of the year. It might even be fun while it lasts. One thing it won't be though is competitive, writes Thomas Hauser.

I never believe after the fact folks can try to discredit someone when they gave him no shot beforehand

again what Freddie said holds no weight, that man is the trainer and nothing more, Bob and Koncz aint consulting that man before they decide what their going to do with Manny and his career, Freddie just likes to make himself seem more important than he is...

Mosley was just whoring for the f!ght, I remember him saying he'd get down to 140 I just ain't going to hold it against him for f!ghting Cotto instead of Mosley

yes the first time around he did duck the blood test but after that he made concessions and then Floyd started talking about vacations, Roger going to jail, money split etc. etc.
 5 years ago '06        #54
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,724 | Props total: 1788 1788
 Stupid Fresh said:
i didn't cry when Pac lost, but I probably would if Floyd does.

too funny
 12-13-2012, 05:30 PM         #55
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd is a G

but i cant laugh at this, i respect the mans love for boxing, them tears just show what boxing means to him

i hope he continues to f!ght, still want to see him f!ght floyd
 12-13-2012, 05:31 PM         #56
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd and Manny are cool, but I hate these fly by night d!ckriders they've brought into the sport. Way too many n*ggas in here talkin out their a.ss right now.

miamishank said:
Manny are u crying?!? There's no crying in boxing!!

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #57
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Storchaveli said:
Against the most carefully selected opponents.

/yourinternetcareerfaggit
 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM         #58
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
floyd has nothing to do with manny die n and being brought back to life

shouldnt have sold his soul to that devil his mama tried to tell that n*gga

how can somebody say floyd hand picks his f!ghts when manny only f!ghts arums other f!ghters
 5 years ago '10        #59
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
$5,942 | Props total: 912 912
God damn i thought someone passed away with how they're reacting. sh*t..
 12-13-2012, 06:02 PM         #60
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Against the most carefully selected opponents.

/yourinternetcareerfaggit
goddamn you're such a uncle tom, hate to see your own people (Floyd) be successful, real quick to ride for then non-Black people aren't you? fu*king disgrace.

But goddamn Marquez really took Pacquiao's soul that night, got dude crying in a interview with his wife
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
184 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
62 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy