Dec 12 - 5 Big Retail Chains That Will Be Gone in 5 Years

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #101
darealvelle 96 heat pts96
space
space
$7,875 | Props total: 4463 4463
 DatBoiCooley01 said:
Fry's Electronics
i doubt that. They a private company. They making money. Trust me.
 5 years ago '11        #102
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,739 | Props total: 4936 4936
Al's Mr Wedge
 12-13-2012, 10:46 AM         #103
Obey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why are people complaining about Best Buy?

they will price match the same sku's Amazon has to offer, except at best buy you can actually talk to somebody and physically bring your product into the store to return it or switch it up for something else

i can't remember how many times they even let me swap a product without an actual receipt

fu*k wrapping a tv back up and shipping to amazon if its dead on arrival
 5 years ago '09        #104
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,072 | Props total: 1812 1812
I've been calling for Gamestop's head ever since they acquired EB games

I wish book stores were more profitable but the fact of the matter is, with all these tablet devices (Kindle, iPad, etc), you can get books at the click of a button for like $5 less if not more. I'm one of the few left who still like an old fashioned book in my hand though. Plus, I can just go to Amazon & get one used.

Best Buy is just there...I don't even care about their fate. Never were that into em. Went once to find a desktop, & they was overcharging like a motherfucca.

Same with Radioshack. Tryna make you buy a adapters for $30-$50 when I can go to an independent shop, a local shop, or (once again) used on Amazon and get it for cheaper.

Went in sears the other month, and they just LOOK dead. Way better options to get your appliances. Nobody worrying about them. Their damn online site sell more sh*t than their physical locations.
 5 years ago '12        #105
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,257 | Props total: 836 836
radioshack is useful for when u need to stop in really fast for an accessory or something, ill be kinda mad they r goin away. but @ the same time they are kinda scammers, the employees dont know sh*t and str8 up lie to u.. dont ever try to get a phone line over there..

best buy i could care less about, i really dnt like best buy and i never shop there, just like tons of folks have said, i might drop in to take a LOOK..
 5 years ago '04        #106
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 super vILLain said:
That's interesting because at my local mall JCPenney is probably the nicest of the department stores (Belk, Dillard's, Sears). They also have the best customer service. Have an older cat there who can take your measurements and advise you on different fits and styles like a higher end clothing store. I guess that's metros3xual though
If JCP is one of the nicest stores in your local mall then

I mentioned the fact that jcp's main customer base were the older folks. When such base makes up for most of your clientele, you don't hire an openly gay womam to be your spokesperson, and you definitely don't put a bunch of african american teens on the cover of their advertising wearing colorful clothes and guys in skinny jeans. I'm not being homophobic or racist but its simple marketing.

I also said "dirty" because the jcp at my local mall is. Its also disorganized like crazy (yes its an older store and hasnt been turned into what they're trying to do yet which is having dept stores within the store).
 5 years ago '12        #107
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,257 | Props total: 836 836
+ im sure every gamer has a gamestop horror story.. they low ball you so bad.. if i was an employee id be like .........man.... i aint even gon tell u how much we gon give u, jst fu*kin leave.
 5 years ago '04        #108
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
B&N might have a chance at survival if they take their business online and lower the costs on books dramatically and/or partnering with someone else. The overhead costs of their stores is simply taking too much of their revenue. The sad part is, that even our generation and the ones before us are still enamoured by print media, it still doesnt stop the fact that on its last legs. Schools nowadays promote the use of computers and even tablets and the new generation has become less and less dependent on them. Eventually it will die. I remember when encyclopedias were a big thing
 5 years ago '09        #109
59fifty 
space
space
$22,659 | Props total: 10131 10131
Surprised sears n Kmart still around sh*t since I moved to tx I even seen a blockbuster...sh*t I had to stop n go in to to look at em like they still make u?...seeing a blockbuster in 2012 is like meeting a bi*ch who don't suck d!ck in 2012
Sin gave props

12-13-2012, 11:47 AM         #110
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No K-Mart? Only surprising ones are Best Buy and Gamestop...considering Gamestop is a monopoly now once you k!ll that video game stores will cease to exist outside of mom & pop and flea market places. Also everytime I go into Best Buy it's buzzing however I do just go there to compare prices mainly even though my rewards card is somewhat handy. The thing is Best Buy rarely has the best buy when it comes to electronic, dudes better learn from Circuit City.

The thing is we kinda need physical stores like dude in thread mentioned earlier. If not for anything else to test a product out before actually deciding to buy it. You get something online and don't like it you have to pay shipping again to return it. Plus there is the waiting issue. One things stores have is if you see something you want you can get it that very day. With online you have to wait 2-3 days.

Also if my product fuks up I want to be able to drive right back and bi*ch about it to an actual person, not spend all day going through automated responses/e-mails to find a real manager. Gotta see the pros and cons guys...in a way it's kinda scary to see that computers will completely run everything in 10 years. Not like they don't now for the most part...iRobot may actually happen

People are just looking for ways to avoid leaving the house. Movie theaters are dying due to Netflix, stores are dying due to online retail. Once holograms go mainstream clubs will go out of business

Fras1788 said:
I wish that GameStop would go out of business first. I wish they would file for bankruptcy today actually. They are the biggest rip-off bar none, for consumers. Its ridiculous.
That's why you abuse the system. Gamestop trade-in sucks for cash back but is superior to BB and Amazon due to their 7 day return policy. If you return a used game within 7 days you can get a full refund. Yeah they'll ask why you're returning it but all you have to say is you didn't like it and they leave you alone. I only get a game when I know I'll have time to tackle it and you can beat most single player games within a week so come day 7 return it and get my money back. If you can't beat it in a week then return it and get it from another Gamestop for 7 days, I have one on every corner where I live so it's not a big deal. Me and all my friends do this with games, only ones we keep are multiplayer and sports titles since we just buy them together as we'll all use it. Gamestop is like a free Blockbuster to me...yeah I know I'm helping to k!ll it

Just make sure you pay with cash or debit otherwise that return will take 3-5 days to process

Last edited by Krazy K; 12-13-2012 at 12:10 PM..
 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM         #111
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
I think people who buy multiple games THEN trade them in for 1 newer game deserve to get ripped off.

I bought 3 games there for less than 20 bucks last week, I'm not complaining about them.
Yeah unless it's a sports or online game I generally wait for them to get old and the price to drop like crazy, just got Arkham City as I just got Arkham Asylum last year

TheMindOf said:
The one business I ever wished death upon already went under

[pic - click to view]

Gon charge me $7 dollars to hold a movie for 2 days, and if I bring it back an hour late, you charge me another 4 dollars..

Them n*ggas could eat the whole d!ck..
Stores still exist, they are rare but there are sill some around. I found one by accident last week. Went in just for nostalgia reasons cause I def wasn't renting anything. Fuk them for the reasons you stated lol

Blockbuster online though :thumbsup:

Last edited by Krazy K; 12-13-2012 at 11:57 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #112
The Consultant 367 heat pts367
space
space
$25,266 | Props total: 30266 30266
Sears is most def in trouble and its been that way for while. With all its spin offs etc. they may close shop on a lot of things but I doubt the Sears Holding Corp completely goes under.

Best Buy is hurting but I can say for a fact that they will be around in 5 years. They will probably be leaner and have totally different busines model.

Its nice to see how things in general change/evovle for the better.
 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM         #113
MentallyDisturb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Robert Roofus said:
I work there and I can certainly guarantee you that they will.

I don't even know how they're still around NOW to be honest.
Charles Goodyear not going let them fail and Radio Shack is at 4 billion in revenue...
 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM         #114
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have a corny mall that has a JCP, Sears and RadioShack...all those places are dead. Hell everytime I goto that wack mall i see a new store moved out however those three continue to stay around...even Macy's took their business else wear.

We say Sears is wack cause of our age bracket. Really how many of use are worried about applications? Most of use live at home (so your folks handle it), dorms or apartments where that ish isn't needed. Sears is always full of old folk and they have the auto and eyeglasses area too, not sure how long they will hold up though since Home Depot and Lowes can offer their same appliances

RadioShack on the other hand is useless. I went in there a lot a few months ago because I was trying to get at a milf that worked there, place was always dead and offered nothing to buy outside of watch batteries. But you can even get those for cheaper at CVS or Walgreens
 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM         #115
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have a corny mall that has a JCP, Sears and RadioShack...all those places are dead. Hell everytime I goto that wack mall i see a new store moved out however those three continue to stay around...even Macy's took their business else wear.

We say Sears is wack cause of our age bracket. Really how many of use are worried about appliances? Most of use live at home (so your folks handle it), dorms or apartments where that ish isn't needed. Sears is always full of old folk and they have the auto and eyeglasses area too, not sure how long they will hold up though since Home Depot and Lowes can offer their same appliances

RadioShack on the other hand is useless. I went in there a lot a few months ago because I was trying to get at a milf that worked there, place was always dead and offered nothing to buy outside of watch batteries. But you can even get those for cheaper at CVS or Walgreens
 5 years ago '11        #116
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,854 | Props total: 1453 1453
I can see BestBuy surviving the next 5 yrs but I don't see RadioShack or Sears lasting much longer. The mall I go to has both stores in them and they are normally dead as hell. I walk pass Radio Shack all the time when I'm at the mall and the place stays empty. I only go inside Sears from time to time to look at the TV's. When I do go in there it's barely anybody in the store. Sears as brick & motar store probably won't last much longer but if they just strickly convert it's store to online then it could survive.

Last edited by whouthinkitis; 12-13-2012 at 01:49 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #117
whitesand 46 heat pts46
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 1545 1545
 HeightsBound said:
Every store on the list could go out of business, but not Best Buy man, I will always enjoy going into a store, browsing, then buying, I'll gladly pay a couple more dollars more for that. Amazon can't offer that experience.

Best Buy does need to get rid of their DVD & CD section asap and do it exclusively online, keep the blu ray.
Even though I bought Training Day on dvd (again) 2 or 3 months ago
 5 years ago '11        #118
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 s34ny said:
is there not a book service similiar to netflix?

this is somewhat unrelated

but in my local town they fought for years to keep a walmart supercenter from coming in. It came maybe 2 years ago. There was 4 local grocery stores then

There's 1 one now(walmart)
Yeah, it's called a library brah brah
 5 years ago '04        #119
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
smh...so lets say all 5 of these places go under including my employer...

what are yall going to do when yall need to actually see something...what if its broke when you get it? what about when the online places start charging more since they have no brick and mortar competition.

not only that...people who dont have viable college degrees will be fu*ked....what are yall going to do then? work at fast food places?

Last edited by Kalon; 12-13-2012 at 03:51 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #120
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
Sears is the sh*t off of Craftsman tools alone
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy