most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #81
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
 heretic shae said:
i live out in Cali and they started charging tax out here...
Damn man that's messed up I hope they don't start doing it with purchases in my state b/c if that's the case I will be buying less from amazon it's already bad enough they ship through UPS and you got to wait all day for the package.
 5 years ago '11        #82
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
technology is about to raise the unemployment rate
I hate to say it but it's possible that it might be true b/c in the longrun as I believe it was foretold (not to get religious) "that man will out do themselves". They are now putting computers in place of certain jobs that man use to do.
 12-12-2012, 11:50 PM         #83
Mariah Carey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NBA Brawler said:
Borders has already closed all of of their stores.
fixed. Borders dont exist no more.
 5 years ago '06        #84
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,932 | Props total: 2449 2449
 Andrefrbk said:
Niccas thought software, movie, music piracy was bad? Wait till home depot and hardware stores go out of business because people will be able to go online, download the tools they need and print them in less than an hr.

They even have printers now that can print out nylon based gear. You at the crib? Its snowing outside, need gloves. Hop online, download some glove models print 5 mins you got a pair of new gloves. Seen it done, crazy shiit.

Printing objects gonna take over the world. The government will probably find some way to ban it, because the technology would render parts of the economy useless. Small things you find in cars that cost dollars to make, and dealers charge you hundreds. Yeaah its a wrap. Imagine if fuking shops get big printers, and they have better materials to print stuff like bumpers, fenders, side skirts. Man its ovvvvveeer. Walk into the shop point out the bumper u need printed in an hour, pay like a couple bucks save hundreds.
Still don't see them being able to print certain materials. Like that wrench in the video wasn't metal like the original one. It was plastic looking. The materials of the printed objects would be limited to what the printer uses and for that reason I don't see this printer thing taking over completely like you are saying.
 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM         #85
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cheguevara said:
people are gonna be so fu*kin fat with all this online digital sh*t they are pushing..

folks wont have to ever leave their home...will just sit their fat a.ss on the sofa, with their laptop or tablet on their lap and just order groceries, clothes, electronics, books, games, s3x, everything...

fat fu*ks
I was just about to chime in on this sh*t but you beat me to it

people are so fu*king socially maladjusted that they cant fathom having to be amongst other people or to get what they want. Shopping isnt just about convenience. Its about the experience. The endorphins are coursing all through your brain when you see a variety of different items and all these fine women with skimpy a.ss clothing or the wierdos you get to laugh and secretly snap pictures of or the medley of smells. sh*t just getting out and going somewhere.

Its gonna get to the point that we evolve to store twice the amount of fat and we have only two fingers for mouse clicking and bigger brains that provide more storage for trivial bullsh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #86
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,932 | Props total: 2449 2449
Oh and to the people saying that jobs are going away. The fact that people are buying things online only means that there are going to have to be more people needed to get those actual items to the customers. Just because someone buys something on amazon, that doesn't mean that item is going to get itself from the warehouse to your front door on its own.
 5 years ago '10        #87
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
So Gamestop is allegedly doing well but is going to suffer from Best Buy, who is allegedly doing bad, accepting trade-ins?

I've done my trades at Best Buy recently but how is a business that's struggling going to put a strong business out of the game? Makes no sense. Gamestop has much lower operating costs and a better selection than Best Buy. Enough people would rather trade their games immediately in-store than ship them to Amazon that I don't think that will cut into their business too much.

I actually like Best Buy for the most part though. Got a really good deal on my most recent laptop there.

SEARS sucks. I actually find some decent stuff there occasionally but their store's look like sh*t.

Of course every book store will go out of business in this country. The average person doesn't read anything you can't find at Walmart or some other random store.

Haven't been in Radioshack in like a decade. Have no idea how they're still afloat. Don't really care either way.
Sin gave props

12-13-2012, 12:00 AM         #88
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andrefrbk said:
Niccas thought software, movie, music piracy was bad? Wait till home depot and hardware stores go out of business because people will be able to go online, download the tools they need and print them in less than an hr.

They even have printers now that can print out nylon based gear. You at the crib? Its snowing outside, need gloves. Hop online, download some glove models print 5 mins you got a pair of new gloves. Seen it done, crazy shiit.

Printing objects gonna take over the world. The government will probably find some way to ban it, because the technology would render parts of the economy useless. Small things you find in cars that cost dollars to make, and dealers charge you hundreds. Yeaah its a wrap. Imagine if fuking shops get big printers, and they have better materials to print stuff like bumpers, fenders, side skirts. Man its ovvvvveeer. Walk into the shop point out the bumper u need printed in an hour, pay like a couple bucks save hundreds.
Yeah our culture is starting to eat itself. Too much convenience without enough forethought. All this innovation but no checks and balances to ensure that it doesnt snow ball into a big disaster later on.
 5 years ago '04        #89
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Best Buy outlived circuit city because they didnt stop selling appliances and other consumer goods. However., their business model is being demolished by amazon and online retailers that offer a wider variety of products at a cheaper price. The death of the dvd and possibly blue ray within the next few years will only accelerate that. Consumers go to best buy nowadays because they just wanna check out and test try their stuff so that they know what to buy when they log on amazon.com

Sears and Kmart are dying companies because they failed to innovate theur stores and their models. Sears never moved on with the times during the online revolution while competitors such as macys did.

Not on this list is JCPenny but their survival is depending on the transformation of their store models but I think its too little too late. JCP stores looked outdated, dirty, disorganized. To add, their marketing team should be canned alongside with the CEO. Jcp's clientale base is made mostly of older folks who they are completely alienating by advertising gay and metros3xual fashion, skinny jeans and such. Not only that but their "everyday low prices" simply hasnt worked because people are attracted to rebates, coupons, and sales even if they are not real. I see jcp stock plummeting by the end of Q1 when they announce lackluster sales for the holidays.

Radioshack, wolf cameras, gamestop are all as good as dead. So is B&N regardless of how many starbucks they put in their stores.
 5 years ago '10        #90
space
space
 donmeca2020 said:
1 Best buy will follow in the foot steps of circuit city definetly

2 barnes and noble even though i occasionally go there to buy some magazines, they will fall as well considering who the fu*k buys books and even magazines anymore??? you can get all the info you need via the internet. i wont front i need some good reading material when i take a dump though.

3 gamestop rips people off with their trade in value bullsh*t. only reason i cop games from them every so often is because their down the street from my crib...

radioshack always sucks. unless you need watch size batteries or speaker wiring

As for sears HAAAA i highly doubt they'll be shut down, with their craftsman brand tools, as well as their other brands of lawn and home appliances. i seriously doubt. true everything else they sell sucks but everything else they sell is only a portion of their sales compared to sears auto, and their appliance and tool section.

Yeah, who needs books when you have Wikipedia?

Rhyme n Tekniq said:
I was just about to chime in on this sh*t but you beat me to it

people are so fu*king socially maladjusted that they cant fathom having to be amongst other people or to get what they want. Shopping isnt just about convenience. Its about the experience. The endorphins are coursing all through your brain when you see a variety of different items and all these fine women with skimpy a.ss clothing or the wierdos you get to laugh and secretly snap pictures of or the medley of smells. sh*t just getting out and going somewhere.

Its gonna get to the point that we evolve to store twice the amount of fat and we have only two fingers for mouse clicking and bigger brains that provide more storage for trivial bullsh*t.
Besides for the social aspect of retail stores, I enjoy actually seeing and touching something before I buy it. I also need to try on clothes before I buy them. That being said, brick and mortar stores simply can't compete with the internet when it comes to pricing and selection. Ideally, I'll go to the store and see the physical product, then head home and buy it on the internet
 5 years ago '10        #91
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Best Buy outlived circuit city because they didnt stop selling appliances and other consumer goods. However., their business model is being demolished by amazon and online retailers that offer a wider variety of products at a cheaper price. The death of the dvd and possibly blue ray within the next few years will only accelerate that. Consumers go to best buy nowadays because they just wanna check out and test try their stuff so that they know what to buy when they log on amazon.com

Sears and Kmart are dying companies because they failed to innovate theur stores and their models. Sears never moved on with the times during the online revolution while competitors such as macys did.

Not on this list is JCPenny but their survival is depending on the transformation of their store models but I think its too little too late. JCP stores looked outdated, dirty, disorganized. To add, their marketing team should be canned alongside with the CEO. Jcp's clientale base is made mostly of older folks who they are completely alienating by advertising gay and metros3xual fashion, skinny jeans and such. Not only that but their "everyday low prices" simply hasnt worked because people are attracted to rebates, coupons, and sales even if they are not real. I see jcp stock plummeting by the end of Q1 when they announce lackluster sales for the holidays.

Radioshack, wolf cameras, gamestop are all as good as dead. So is B&N regardless of how many starbucks they put in their stores.
That's interesting because at my local mall JCPenney is probably the nicest of the department stores (Belk, Dillard's, Sears). They also have the best customer service. Have an older cat there who can take your measurements and advise you on different fits and styles like a higher end clothing store. I guess that's metros3xual though
 5 years ago '11        #92
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:

You hit the nail right on the head. As far as Best Buy goes I can see their stores slowly fading away and the company itself altogether becomes an online business/retailer like Blockbuster did. DVD is slowly being phased out just like VHS was when DVD was becoming the new standard in home movie technology but, I think Blu-ray will be around for awhile but prices will on blu-ray movies will drop once DVD is gone. Actually, they have dropped from when they were first put on the market at $30+. Blu-ray players are not expensive as they once were.

I do agree with on JCP in-store model being unorganized & outdated (Idk about it being dirty) but the same can be said for Macy & Sears but converting everything to online ain't always a good thing. I mean there's nothing like going to a store and trying on clothes to see whether you want them or if it fits. It cuts the hassle of going online buying clothes then when you get them it don't fit right and you have to send it back and that sh*t can be a pain in the a.ss depending on who you have to ship it off through.

Last edited by whouthinkitis; 12-13-2012 at 12:30 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #93
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,805 | Props total: 23571 23571
fu*k all of them except barnes n noble
 5 years ago '05        #94
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1004 1004
 QB Eagles said:
If people are not going to Sears then where are they going instead? I usually go to Sears and Kmart for appliances. I like to see it in person and ask store workers questions (usually they dont know squat though, smh).

People just go to Amazon.com for a new Fridge and Washer?
small appliances? BedBathBeyond, Walmart.

big appliances? Home Depot, Best Buy.

Sears has been on the decline for a WHILE... its amazing that its been keeping itself alive this entire time. I remember back in the early 90s when Sears was the place to shop...

GameStop is good for the next 5 years. Even tho BB and amazon are doing trade-ins, they still are the leader. Downloading titles wont get popular until we get new consoles, and better access to high speed internet. Not the throttled mess we have right now.
 5 years ago '08        #95
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
only thing best buy is good for is serving as amazon's electronics showroom. i go there to play around with a laptop or tv, then pull out my phone and order off amazon tax free
 5 years ago '04        #96
purtayboi 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,568 | Props total: 3378 3378
 Dee Grande said:
only thing best buy is good for is serving as amazon's electronics showroom. i go there to play around with a laptop or tv, then pull out my phone and order off amazon tax free
this epic post here
 5 years ago '07        #97
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMindOf said:
The one business I ever wished death upon already went under

[pic - click to view]

Gon charge me $7 dollars to hold a movie for 2 days, and if I bring it back an hour late, you charge me another 4 dollars..

Them n*ggas could eat the whole d!ck..
one of these still exist in my state....
 5 years ago '08        #98
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 notic99 said:
one of these still exist in my state....
i got one about 10 minutes from me. and the one down the street only closed about 3 months ago. that other one will be gone soon tho. i never see cars in the lot. not even 1
 5 years ago '11        #99
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,766 | Props total: 4976 4976
Predictions :

Libraries will go private and be run by Barnes & Noble.

Best buy will Merge with Costco or BJ's

Sears will be a Credit card that you can use anywhere like the Discover Card & stores will close

Best buy Mobile & Radio Shack, Gamestop will merge all under the name - Best Buy Express

Some idiot will see this post and put this up ..
Sin gave props

5 years ago '04        #100
DatBoiCooley01 
space
space
space
$152 | Props total: 0 0
Fry's Electronics
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
49 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy