Dec 12 - 5 Big Retail Chains That Will Be Gone in 5 Years

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
matik23 
space
space
$1,842 | Props total: 126 126
Amazon won.
 5 years ago '11        #62
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 240 240
i just bought jesus piece at best buy today
 5 years ago '12        #63
Mavs In 4 51 heat pts51
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 1037 1037
 MentallyDisturb said:
Sears will never fall off. neither RadioShack
I work there and I can certainly guarantee you that they will.

I don't even know how they're still around NOW to be honest.
 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM         #64
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You all can hate on blockbuster all you want but their online service is better than netflix and gamefly. Being able to get 3 blurays or video games out at a time for what Netflix charges for 3 regular a.ss dvds or what gamefly charges for 1 fu*kin game is a great deal.

I can't believe best buy is in that kind of trouble. The one here is always packed. I hope it doesnt go under. They have the best prices on blurays. Just got season 6 of doctor who there for 19.99$, even Amazon wants $60 for it.

I don't know how radio shack is even still around. Every time I walk by the one in the mall the sh*t is a ghost town.
 5 years ago '11        #65
heretic shae 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,614 | Props total: 8005 8005
company i worked for got bought out by Best Buy...them muthafu*kas fired me yesterday...it would make me soooooo fu*kin happy if they went under soon...
 5 years ago '11        #66
Vegeta21 
space
space
$387 | Props total: 15 15
Not Barnes & Noble....love chillin there waiting for my movie to start
 5 years ago '08        #67
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Prostyle said:
Don't these big companies hire dudes from Harvard Business School to predict game changing trends like 'Online Shopping

Bestbuy deserves to bite the dust for not preparing for this. Props to Amazon, putting all these n*ggas to sleep.
alot of big businesses believe they are bigger than a trend and they can outlast or "slightly" adjust to it...

..then they find themselves losing and act like they have no idea what happened...

im not big on barnes and noble, but my ex was and i gotta admit, i enjoyed the atmosphere. id hate for them to go under but amazon really taking over the world....until they start charging me tax, then ill rather go to a store and get it that same day...
 5 years ago '08        #68
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 cheguevara said:
people are gonna be so fu*kin fat with all this online digital sh*t they are pushing..

folks wont have to ever leave their home...will just sit their fat a.ss on the sofa, with their laptop or tablet on their lap and just order groceries, clothes, electronics, books, games, s3x, everything...

fat fu*ks

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #69
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 J Rob said:
Gamestop is beyond absurd with their trade in prices. One time I bought in 5 or 6 games that all could've been sold for at least $12 a piece and they offered me like 6 or 7 bucks for all of them combined. I took the games and walked out looking like

so yeah, they could close tomorrow and not a 24K gold flying fu*k would be given
 12-12-2012, 11:11 PM         #70
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
The one business I ever wished death upon already went under

[pic - click to view]

Gon charge me $7 dollars to hold a movie for 2 days, and if I bring it back an hour late, you charge me another 4 dollars..

Them n*ggas could eat the whole d!ck..
nah peep this. I always had a near zero balance on my account but after years of not renting from blockbuster when i came back to rent the God of War 1, somehow my account magically had a balance of 300.00 that I owe when I still had my semi faded reciept from 3 years prior stating I had $0.00.... I knew it was fu*k them from that point, damn thieves
 5 years ago '06        #71
Big Money Boy 
space
space
space
$246 | Props total: 87 87
Yeah times are changing but damn it just seems like fewer jobs to me. Idk maybe im wrong, maybe it'll mean more jobs at those online companies tho. Even tho store sh*t cost' more there is no feeling like going into a store and being out in the world touchin sh*t and not bein in the house browsin online for hours.
 5 years ago '11        #72
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1454 1454
 iPunish901 said:
alot of big businesses believe they are bigger than a trend and they can outlast or "slightly" adjust to it...

..then they find themselves losing and act like they have no idea what happened...

im not big on barnes and noble, but my ex was and i gotta admit, i enjoyed the atmosphere. id hate for them to go under but amazon really taking over the world....until they start charging me tax, then ill rather go to a store and get it that same day...
And the day that amazon starts doing that they are going to lose out on a bunch of business b/c somethings going to have to give b/c it's no way they are going to be able to charge tax & shipping as well for purchases on there. And with the way amazon go about charging shipping cost it makes a purchase even more expensive if you don't want to wait an entire week for your package.
 5 years ago '07        #73
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6101 6101
technology is about to raise the unemployment rate
 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM         #74
Joyus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Since I switched to pc, it's become mad obvious why Gamestop is bound to fail.
Why buy a game for $50+ when I can cop the same game from Steam on sale at a 50% price reduction? I don't see Gamestop having sales where they practically give games away. And not only are the games cheap, they now offer Steam Workshop for designing/getting mods on almost every game at no added cost. Downloading games is definitely > Paying extra for a box

Gamestop taking the L
 5 years ago '11        #75
heretic shae 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,614 | Props total: 8005 8005
 whouthinkitis said:
And the day that amazon starts doing that they are going to lose out on a bunch of business b/c somethings going to have to give b/c it's no way they are going to be able to charge tax & shipping as well for purchases on there. And with the way amazon go about charging shipping cost it makes a purchase even more expensive if you don't want to wait an entire week for your package.
i live out in Cali and they started charging tax out here...
 5 years ago '11        #76
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,933 | Props total: 8779 8779
Sears owns K-Mart. I don't really follow how retail stores are doing, but if K-Mart is doing exceptionally well those Sears might just turn into K-Marts
 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM         #77
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QB Eagles said:
I think imma miss Barnes and Noble though. Nice place to kick back and chill for a minute, especially the one in Lower Manhattan. That kinda sucks.
B&N used to get me through my unemployment phases. I'd just go up there, read books, and occasionsly buy a a scone or some sh*t when i had some spare change. total mental esacpe when you feeling pressure and anxiety.
 5 years ago '10        #78
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
B-bbut I work at Barnes & Noble
 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM         #79
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1 Best buy will follow in the foot steps of circuit city definetly

2 barnes and noble even though i occasionally go there to buy some magazines, they will fall as well considering who the fu*k buys books and even magazines anymore??? you can get all the info you need via the internet. i wont front i need some good reading material when i take a dump though.

3 gamestop rips people off with their trade in value bullsh*t. only reason i cop games from them every so often is because their down the street from my crib...

radioshack always sucks. unless you need watch size batteries or speaker wiring

As for sears HAAAA i highly doubt they'll be shut down, with their craftsman brand tools, as well as their other brands of lawn and home appliances. i seriously doubt. true everything else they sell sucks but everything else they sell is only a portion of their sales compared to sears auto, and their appliance and tool section.
 5 years ago '05        #80
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5119 5119
Niccas thought software, movie, music piracy was bad? Wait till home depot and hardware stores go out of business because people will be able to go online, download the tools they need and print them in less than an hr.

They even have printers now that can print out nylon based gear. You at the crib? Its snowing outside, need gloves. Hop online, download some glove models print 5 mins you got a pair of new gloves. Seen it done, crazy shiit.

Printing objects gonna take over the world. The government will probably find some way to ban it, because the technology would render parts of the economy useless. Small things you find in cars that cost dollars to make, and dealers charge you hundreds. Yeaah its a wrap. Imagine if fuking shops get big printers, and they have better materials to print stuff like bumpers, fenders, side skirts. Man its ovvvvveeer. Walk into the shop point out the bumper u need printed in an hour, pay like a couple bucks save hundreds.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy