Most Slept On Projects of 2012

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
I think I got one more in me this morning....

[pic - click to view]

I don't know how many threads I have gone in and used this album (along with Apollo Brown & O.C.) as some of the absolute BEST albums to hit the scene this year. I guess it only makes sense that I already spoke on albums from the East and Midwest. So the Westside has their own representation with this offering.

Black Belt Theatre has so many facets to embrace, it makes me rebuke the notion that "Hip-Hop is dead". I had to f!ght between listening to this album and Trophies. Hard pressed, however, music isnt coming from the genre of Rap like this in massive waves like it used to.

P.A. found some of the best underground beatmakers on the left-side of the country to rock with and they come up HUGE. The features are rather extensive-- but they work. I don't get mad at this album being oversaturated with too many rappers because a lot of the cats don't have a mass appeal to see the overused strategy that the artist is trying to make money over making quality music. Raekwon, Paul Wall, Talib Kweli, Willie The Kid, Fashawn, Camp Lo, Krondon, Mistah Fab, Ras Kass, Mitchy Slick, among other (lesser) known artists make this album JAM.

I must admit, beyond this cat "Dirty Diggs" helming nearly half of the albums beats-- producers like OhNo!, TwizTheBeatPro, Khrysis, SoulProfessa, and others make this album ride. The Blaxploitation and kung-fu references take you to the concept albums and efforts of many a WU-Tang project-- of which Planet Asia has been loosely a.ssociated with. However, don't get this twisted, its not a WU project by any means. It definitely has its own sound and stands on its own legs.

Its been a while since I have been one of those dudes that was a severe "head nodder"-- on the bus or in the car bumping something that was SO undeniable in its production you had to let cats around you know somehow that you were listening to something that they needed to hear and were missing out on...

If you cant tell, I like cats that can articulate and have multi-syllabic flow. Planet Asia does that sh*t with ease in his ability to rip the tracks. With 20 tracks, you could think there is some repetitive and boring sh*t, but quite honestly-- THERE ISNT. Front to back, this project rides. There is flavor from East to West and North to South. You hear the Westcoast diction and slang mixed with the 5% philosophy, blended with the martial arts backdrops set to the foreground of the boom-bap left coast production. There is so much to appreciate in Planet Asia's sound, as an artist and student of the rap genre. It still is in rotation after ALL of this time, because, quite frankly, its a dope album.

Stand out tracks include "fu*k Rappers", "No Apologies", "Grown Folks Talkin", "Coons", "External Motives"-- among so many others. I think most of what I listed I kept repeating this whole spring and early summer (until NaS & Childish Gambino came out). This album was pretty damn refreshing and definitely gets a Top 10 of 2012 from me. The way I see it, this album could've dropped in mid to late 90's and had no problem doing massive numbers and providing P.A. with a greater fanbase than what he may already have. I just hope he keeps it up and cats go buy the album. I definitely would like to hear more good sh*t like this!

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

DAMN...its 530 am where I am @...I need to take my a.ss to bed!

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 12-18-2012 at 05:44 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #42
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
We need a thread like this at the end of every year from now on.. Props to OP..
 12-18-2012, 06:13 AM         #43
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not sure if posted yet, definitely slept on. Could've been AOTY with better promotion from the label.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Honorable mention to Wiz, really doesn't get his credit after rolling papers and even after ONIFC. Even so ONIFC is a far superior album to Rolling Papers, though I will say that over the years Rolling Papers has actually grown on me, nothing wrong with pop music. Off topic but the good thing about Rolling Papers and the pop songs (besides one track off the album) that it didn't fu*king get over played on stations, only song that did was I roll up. BUT I DIGRESS, ONIFC has been slept on by the masses and "former wiz fans" who stopped fu*king with him because of ROlling Papers

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by lifeundthescope; 12-18-2012 at 06:19 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #44
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,349 | Props total: 2064 2064
Subbed

And no this cat didnt post Keef and Wiz
 5 years ago '07        #45
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
I forgot that Planet Asia came out this past year.. thanks for reminding me.

Keef & Wiz?

5 years ago '08        #46
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 1 1
 s7venwords said:

[pic - click to view]

00:00 01. Detroit Revolution(s) - (Produced by Ilajide)
00:54 02. Welcome To The Show - (Produced by Ilajide)
03:41 03. Half As Long - Twice As Bright - (Produced by Ilajide)
07:15 04. Keep It Movin - (Produced by Nameless)
11:10 05. 15 Minutes - (Produced by Ilajide)
15:35 06. Get No Better - (Produced by KanKick)
20:21 07. Stick Em - (Produced by Ilajide)
24:03 08. Stack Yo Paypuh!ˇ!ˇ! - (Produced by KanKick)
28:45 09. The World Is Yours - (Produced by Ilajide)
32:58 10. a.ss To The Flo - (Produced by Ilajide & King Midas)
37:01 11. Fan-Ta-Sa-Ro - (Produced by Ilajide)
39:43 12. Rap Attack - Jammin' - (Produced by Ilajide)
43:38 13. Catch Me If You Can - (Produced by Kankick)
48:25 14. Still Driving Down The Freeway - (Produced by Ilajide)
53:00 15. Runnin' - (Produced by Ilajide)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

This came out early this year. They remind me of a harder version of Actual Proof. The lyrics speak on all topics and is reminiscent of the 90's Duck Down era.
This is the sh*t I'm talking about I fu*ks with you,

My n*gga put me on and I went and actually BOUGHT their album that's how much I fu*ks with these cats from the D hungry 90's flow,

Tell ya friends
[pic - click to view]

No pun intended but everytime the homies bring up mixtape of the year I always throw this in the hat and everyone is like who???

Maybe I'm too blowed but I fu*ks with the production, Chip isn't even super lyrical, but he always has some slick sh*t to say. I rate a lot of projects on a whole, not primarily on singles.

That being said I can go through this tape without any skips,

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Master Kush....
 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM         #47
TrippyMayne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Diamond life tape by Styles P was pretty overlooked

Dope tape tbh
 5 years ago '07        #48
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,349 | Props total: 2064 2064
Dudes dont seem to like it them but def overlooked. These sh*ts GO.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

New and already slept on.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 240ka; 12-18-2012 at 11:52 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #49
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,271 | Props total: 19377 19377
This thread put me on Oddisee...I am about to check out SL Jones
 5 years ago '05        #51
Gremlin 1095 heat pts1095
space
space
$9,876 | Props total: 4853 4853

[pic - click to view]

Stunning Album.
One of the best of the year, great flows and lyrics and some slick hip hop production.
While these two artists come from different backgrounds, the sounds they put together can only capture the essence of pure hip-hop. The mixture of music takes you in different
directions from story-telling, real world situations and lyrical onslaught. Purpose's flow, delivery and lyrics will have you engaged from start to finish while Confidence delivers on the boards as usual. This time, he switches it up to help compliment Purpose's subject matter but still providing his soulful and hard hitting trademark boom-bap sound along with more gritty beats as well.

Peep:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #52
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 172 172

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #53
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,819 | Props total: 1221 1221
 lifeundthescope said:
Not sure if posted yet, definitely slept on. Could've been AOTY with better promotion from the label.

Honorable mention to Wiz, really doesn't get his credit after rolling papers and even after ONIFC. Even so ONIFC is a far superior album to Rolling Papers, though I will say that over the years Rolling Papers has actually grown on me, nothing wrong with pop music. Off topic but the good thing about Rolling Papers and the pop songs (besides one track off the album) that it didn't fu*king get over played on stations, only song that did was I roll up. BUT I DIGRESS, ONIFC has been slept on by the masses and "former wiz fans" who stopped fu*king with him because of ROlling Papers

This snitching a.ss dude
 5 years ago '05        #54
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Track listing
1. Trembling Fever 1:18
2. Eye 2:21
3. Reign Dance 3:03
4. Last Breath 1:37
5. Whole Wide World 3:11
6. Caipirinha 1:30
7. Adorn 3:06
8. Black Cloak Lifestyle 3:20
9. Prolapse 3:05
10. D.Flutie 2:41
11. 91% 3:04
12. What Am I 3:05
13. Befoul 3:20
14. Frequency Levels 2:53
15. Schemes 3:38
16. Sick Perv 2:46
17. Cover Blown 3:13
18. Cotard Delusion 3:12

The Doppelgangaz - Beats For Brothels, Vol. 2 (2012)
Beats For Brothels, Vol. 2 is an enigma of sorts. A unique structure comprised heavily of instrumentals and decorated with the Ghastly Duo's vocals interspersed throughout the project. Breaking the mold of the first in the series, Volume II is designed for an authentic listening experience as the structure dictates intended feelings and emotions crafted by The Groggy Pack.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

12-18-2012, 03:58 PM         #55
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

the other murs, fashawn projects have been posted....also check out murs collabo with terrace martin called melrose, came out last year
 5 years ago '05        #56
space
space

[pic - click to view]

01. Intro (feat. Doo Wop)
02. Y.W.E. (feat. Lord Tariq)
03. Under Construction
04. Put It On The Wire (feat. Simone Hines)
05. H.E.Y.
06. Cold Train (feat. Grap Luva & Rob-O)
07. Rulez To The Game (Remix) (feat. B-1 & Herb McGruff)
08. Concrete Soul (feat. Troo Kula of Brainwash 2000)
09. Straight Out The Gate (feat. Rashad)
10. Getting Stronger (feat. Finsta)
11. All Real (feat. A.G.)
12. Way We Rockin (feat. El Da Sensai)
13. Hood Cartel (feat. Roc Marciano)
14. Art of War (feat. Billy Danze of M.O.P.)
15. Masterful Method (feat. Chubb Rock)
16. Perfect Navigation (feat. Asu & Blacksun)
17. Metal Cuff Links (feat. Nature)
18. Reality Vs. Fiction (feat. Masta Ace)
19. Rebel Muzik (feat. Rampage)
20. Real Life We Livin (feat. D-Flow)
21. Something Ya'll Can Roll Wit

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

12-18-2012, 05:35 PM         #58
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

You can it get it or listen to it on livemixtapes. Sorry I can't post the link cause my phone's being a bi*ch.

[video - click to view]

This project went hard imo but it don't think enough people listened because it wasn't a sponsored tape. (You had to login to download) The beats are on point so are the lyrics. Definitely deserved more attention.
 5 years ago '06        #59
mikejg823 
space
space
space
$589 | Props total: 91 91
Lets see,

Xzibit- Napalm

[video - click to view]

GLC-Cathedral

Shyne-Gangland

[video - click to view]

Oh, El-p- The cure

[video - click to view]

Gunplay- 601& snort

[video - click to view]

Mentions: JJ Doom, Mikey rocks-Lap of Lux, k!ller Mike-R.A.P. Music, Pac Div-GMB,
Masta Ace-Son of Yvonne, Elzhi-out of focus,Big Trist-Trist World,
Chip the ripper-tell ya friends.
 5 years ago '12        #60
Whoo da Don 
space
space
$590 | Props total: 0 0
8ball's Premro Mixtape

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
17 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy