Most Slept On Projects of 2012

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,841 | Props total: 8186 8186
 Phonk$ said:

[pic - click to view]

Bout to download this now! Hope the rest of the tape is on some sh*t like this right here!
 12-11-2012, 08:13 PM         #22
MentallyDisturb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

12-11-2012, 08:30 PM         #23
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shakezula714 said:

[pic - click to view]

Shawn Chrystopher - Love Story
Ay I been fu*king with shawn chrystopher

[video - click to view]

justinjones said:
[B][CENTER]

[pic - click to view]

You k!lled this track bro, one of my homies was talking to me the other day about LE$ mixtape, then he goes on saying his favorite track was 100 mph. I go on to listen to the mixtape and looked at your name at on the credits. Dope sh*t

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #25
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,394 | Props total: 6430 6430
 joblakthe1 said:
Bout to download this now! Hope the rest of the tape is on some sh*t like this right here!
my thing with Raz Fresco is that he hasn't found his own style yet. dude is like 17 by now so i'm not going to knock him too much for it

Phonk$ said:

You k!lled this track bro, one of my homies was talking to me the other day about LE$ mixtape, then he goes on saying his favorite track was 100 mph. I go on to listen to the mixtape and looked at your name at on the credits. Dope sh*t

appreciate it
 5 years ago '05        #26
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 1595 1595
my friend came out with this in late 2011.producer/mc. sh*t is ill from start to finish. projects about struggle as a musician and as a man. u have to take a listen to the whole project to understand it tho. he's currently doing alot of ghost producing/writing right now.

JD Riggz-Yves Saint Laurent

JD Riggz-Owner's Manual

Last edited by highcalibermusi; 12-11-2012 at 10:47 PM..
 12-12-2012, 05:35 AM         #27
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

00:00 01. Detroit Revolution(s) - (Produced by Ilajide)
00:54 02. Welcome To The Show - (Produced by Ilajide)
03:41 03. Half As Long - Twice As Bright - (Produced by Ilajide)
07:15 04. Keep It Movin - (Produced by Nameless)
11:10 05. 15 Minutes - (Produced by Ilajide)
15:35 06. Get No Better - (Produced by KanKick)
20:21 07. Stick Em - (Produced by Ilajide)
24:03 08. Stack Yo Paypuh!ˇ!ˇ! - (Produced by KanKick)
28:45 09. The World Is Yours - (Produced by Ilajide)
32:58 10. a.ss To The Flo - (Produced by Ilajide & King Midas)
37:01 11. Fan-Ta-Sa-Ro - (Produced by Ilajide)
39:43 12. Rap Attack - Jammin' - (Produced by Ilajide)
43:38 13. Catch Me If You Can - (Produced by Kankick)
48:25 14. Still Driving Down The Freeway - (Produced by Ilajide)
53:00 15. Runnin' - (Produced by Ilajide)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

This came out early this year. They remind me of a harder version of Actual Proof. The lyrics speak on all topics and is reminiscent of the 90's Duck Down era.
 5 years ago '06        #28
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,314 | Props total: 1083 1083
dope thread
 5 years ago '11        #29
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Up, I need more than this...
 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM         #30
JetsFool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:

[pic - click to view]

00:00 01. Detroit Revolution(s) - (Produced by Ilajide)
00:54 02. Welcome To The Show - (Produced by Ilajide)
03:41 03. Half As Long - Twice As Bright - (Produced by Ilajide)
07:15 04. Keep It Movin - (Produced by Nameless)
11:10 05. 15 Minutes - (Produced by Ilajide)
15:35 06. Get No Better - (Produced by KanKick)
20:21 07. Stick Em - (Produced by Ilajide)
24:03 08. Stack Yo Paypuh!ˇ!ˇ! - (Produced by KanKick)
28:45 09. The World Is Yours - (Produced by Ilajide)
32:58 10. a.ss To The Flo - (Produced by Ilajide & King Midas)
37:01 11. Fan-Ta-Sa-Ro - (Produced by Ilajide)
39:43 12. Rap Attack - Jammin' - (Produced by Ilajide)
43:38 13. Catch Me If You Can - (Produced by Kankick)
48:25 14. Still Driving Down The Freeway - (Produced by Ilajide)
53:00 15. Runnin' - (Produced by Ilajide)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

This came out early this year. They remind me of a harder version of Actual Proof. The lyrics speak on all topics and is reminiscent of the 90's Duck Down era.
this sh*t was fu*kin great, definitely check it out
 5 years ago '10        #31
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #32
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
Not slept on just not allowed to be talked about lol

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #33
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Good lookin out my G

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #34
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #35
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
thx for posting that Sl Jones, check that out today and i fck with it
S.L.A.B.>>>>>>>
i need at least that track chopped & screwed
 5 years ago '11        #36
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318

[pic - click to view]

(Trophies - Apollo Brown & O.C.)

[pic - click to view]

I have been politicking for this album since it debuted back in late April. I can only attest that for cats that have a 'purists ear' for the "old-school" New York ambience of rap music, then this album delivers...and does it well...No FEATURES-- simply put-- a rapper with a pen, pad, a microphone and dope production!

Considering Apollo Brown hails from Detroit only adds to the compelling notion that he seems to have fallen from the "Beatmakers Tree" of producers that branches from the likes of J. Dilla, Pete Rock, Statik Selektah, 9th Wonder-- and leading to my ultimate favorite producer DJ Premier.

I know that Primo would have to be proud of some of the sampling and chopping on this album and merging that with O.C.'s eternal "N.Y." flow only reminds me of the golden ages of rap music in the early 90's when cats like me were rocking the Helly Hansen Sailing Jackets, with the Jansport backpack, fatigue army pants, and a fresh new pair of timbos while switchin classes in high school and college. The crackling of the needle & records being sampled takes me back to a time when all of this pristine sounding "Reason" era of production wasn't available. The tribute song he does for one of my super favorite MC's "The D.O.C." speaks volumes to how a great rapper from the East respected another great rapper from the West. There is way too much vintage/classic sound on this album to overlook it for those that love good vintage Eastcoast sounds of music.

This easily can stand as a nominee for album of the year (for those that understand this sound). However, it is SO ironic that just like when O.C. debuted with his solo project "Word, Life" in 1994, a phenom by the name of NaS also debuted with Illmatic around the same time and literally overshadowed what O.C. brought to the game. Considering "Life Is Good" was a monster album this year -to those of us who favor NaS and everything he does (for the most part anyway) - O.C. may have again fallen prey to deja vu.

I know a lot of heads overlook O.C.'s first offering and defer to "Jewelz" (his 2nd album) as his great offering to the rap game but its a bit unfair to disregard that first joint....or this newer album for that matter! O.C. has been holding it down since before 1994, and just really doesn't get the credit he may deserve. However, he shows and proves again, whether solo or with his "Diggin' in the Crates/D.I.T.C." fam...he is a cat that holds it down and represents to the fullest...

This album is a time capsule of sound -- "Boom Bap Rap at some of its finest"...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 12-18-2012 at 04:00 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #37
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Not sure if it was truly slept on ..

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #38
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Giving that Oddisee a spin right now, why haven't I heard of dude? Thanks for putting me on this.
 5 years ago '11        #39
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318

[pic - click to view]

(Dice Game - Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson)

[pic - click to view]

Another GREAT piece of work. For this one, my ear tells me that Apollo is on some next sh*t! The production on this sh*t is nasty as he really catered the sounds to who Guilty Simpson is as an MC. More of that vintage throwback boom-bap sound. I must say, this dude Apollo Brown has REALLY taken his game to the next level. I would take this as just an instrumental album. He has a good ear for sampling, looping, arrangement etc. There is still room for improvement, but not a whole lot. I want to go back to 1993 or 1994 and just reminisce on the good ol' days from these beats!

But enough about me being in love with the production-- lets talk Guilty Simpson. He is pretty direct and straight forward. I appreciate him for his hailing from Detroit (along with A.B.), as Michigan is a region I grew up in, and I appreciate his very candid style of crime/grime rap. His flow isn't quite as fluid as I prefer, but the cat can spit. He has been on the underground bubbling, as his first album "Ode to the Ghetto" came out a few years ago. O.J. Simpson, his second album, came out in 2010. He really stood out to me on the Random Axe Project with Black Milk and Sean Price (from 2011) forming a rap trio of sorts. He had this bar that stuck out to me so tough..

"I used to keep grams on me// cause n*ggas knew// I had better nicks than Mike D'antoni" ...

Ever since I heard that Random Axe album, I have been sniffing around for whatever dope this dude might cut...his wit and grimey style is very appealing...I guess it was all about finding the right producer.

Apollo Brown brings out some of the best Guilty Simpson I have heard. So much so, that I was flicking through the channels last Friday night and seen that Carson Daly (of all cats) gave Guilty his own interview. I was proud to see that. Guilty Simpson is a no nonsense kind of character in his music and for Carson Daly to show him some love was a BIG deal in my eyes. This new project, "Dice Game" should be the launching pad for G.S. to enter a new stratosphere of notoriety and acclaim. He should continue to work with Apollo Brown-- He may just need to work on expanding his songwriting abilities from a technical standpoint.

I don't care for repetitive, one dimensional hooks. If you have a song title, I would hope there is a thought process to illustrate why you labeled that song as such, and then of course, become the artist you are and articulate that song title in a manner that resonates with creativity. Not to say that plagues this album, but it is present, and I have heard it too much in a lot of more "famous" rappers works who are sensationalized for near garbage--- I don't want to see G.S. fall victim to that laziness or inability. He has the opportunity to take his crime/grime rap and add another dimension of artistry to it.

Yet again, I find cats is sleepin on these albums like they were pillows and mattresses!

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 12-18-2012 at 02:09 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #40
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,374 | Props total: 66 66
dope thread..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy