Scientists Plan Test to See if The Universe is a Simulation.

most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
14 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM         #1
6096 pageviews
109 comments

Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Scientists Plan Test to See if The Universe is a Simulation.

[pic - click to view]

Source

This is fu-king crazy.

US scientists are attempting to find out whether all of humanity is currently living a Matrix-style computer simulation being run on supercomputers of the future.
According to researchers at the University of Washington, there are tests that could be done to begin to work out whether we are in fact real, or merely a simulation created by a futuristic android on its lunch break.
Currently, computer simulations are decades away from creating even a primitive working model of the universe. In fact, scientists are able to accurately model only a 100 trillionth of a metre, with work to create a model of a full human being still out of reach.
By looking for underlying patterns, physicists believe that it may be possible to work out if we are existing in a computer created universe, created many years in the future. Looking at constraints imposed on simulations by limited resources could show signs that we are mere bit-part players in a Matrix-style film plot.
It will take many years to reach the computational power to give a real glimpse of whether we are living in a simulation, the scientists contend, but even by looking at the tiny portion of the universe that we can currently accurately model, it may be possible to detect 'signatures' of constraints on physical processes that could point to a simulation.
The researchers suggest that a signature could show up as a limitation in the energy of cosmic rays, for example. By testing the behaviour of cosmic rays on underlying 'lattice' frameworks governing rules of physics that could exist in future models of the universe, the researchers could find patterns that could point to a simulation.
“This is the first testable signature of such an idea,” one of the researchers, Martin Savage, said.
Aside from the rather mind-boggling proposition that we may be part of a computer simulation, another researcher pointed out that this would bring up the possibility of inter-universe computer platforms, and the potential to communicate across these.
“Then the question is, ‘Can you communicate with those other universes if they are running on the same platform?’” UW graduate student, Zohreh Davoudi, asked.

[pic - click to view]

I have no clue what a test of this nature would entail, but I do know one thing : If they did find out we are truly living in a simulated reality, they wouldn't speak a fu-king word of it to the general population. Simulated Reality Theory is one of my favorite subjects, I've always been interested in this type of sh-t since before the Matrix sh-t even came out. It's just so fu-kin perplexing to think about.

109 comments for "Scientists Plan Test to See if The Universe is a Simulation."

12-11-2012, 12:40 PM         #2
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And yeah I did jack this from the /r/technology section of reddit.
 5 years ago '05        #3
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
To be honest, i know this might sound far out. But ive always entertained myself with the idea of our galaxy being a tiny part of a much larger dimension. Like we could be the result of someone playing around with elements etc. Some rare beings, not religious beings as we know it, i mean just beings, entity, haha. Like in MIB.
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

No evidence of this, but i just have fun thinking about it lol. Imagine we could be here, and they dont even know it. Imagine all the shiit around us in other dimensions, things so small we have not discovered it yet. We could have lifeforms smaller than atom particle living around us, or somewhere, intelligent as us, but they are just so small they live in their own dimension undisturbed.

If this were some matrix style computer program, there would have to be bugs and anomaly.

No software is perfect, the more complex it is the more bugs you run into, you simply cannot add any new code without having to debug and test it. So basically im saying this, if we were a program, either the programers are able to shut down our existence, and resume it where we cant even tell, or they are so good they can program in new shiit and not have any bugs.

The bottom line is this, if we were jacked into a computer, someone would have created an error by now. We would have noticed shiit like corrupted data, file errors.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-11-2012 at 12:59 PM..
 12-11-2012, 01:01 PM         #4
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nothing is too far out there when talking about this sh*t, that's why I find it so interesting. We really could be that tiny and insignificant in the big scheme of things, nobody knows sh*t.

And you could be wrong about noticing errors, if we are indeed in a simulation who knows how sophisticated the technology is wherever we are being simulated from. Who knows if we are not a simulation in a simulation, no fu*kin telling man, sh*t will make you question everything if you just sit and think about it.

Last edited by Cowboys All Day; 12-11-2012 at 01:05 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #5
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
I hate how ignorant religious people are to think human life beings create life.
This universe is fuking huge, we are too arrogant to think we are the only ones "blessed" All the elements for life is floating in space, and they fall onto planets every couple million years or so. We are lucky, but we are not the ones. There are probably a few more rare occurrences of life as we know it.

*hits the doob*
 5 years ago '05        #6
LyricalSkyllz 
space
space
$750 | Props total: 472 472
If this all is in fact a simulation how arrogant can we be to think we could outsmart the programmers and prove it is a simulation? And what if it is and these fu*king scientists ruin sh*t for everyone. I still have a lot of simulated pus*y to get and simulated bud to smoke..
 12-11-2012, 02:06 PM         #7
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LyricalSkyllz said:
If this all is in fact a simulation how arrogant can we be to think we could outsmart the programmers and prove it is a simulation? And what if it is and these fu*king scientists ruin sh*t for everyone. I still have a lot of simulated pus*y to get and simulated bud to smoke..
I thought about that too, if this were indeed a simulation we would never know without being told directly by the controller, most likely.

We could be some 8th grade alien child's science project for all we know.
 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM         #8
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I never understand reddit. Someone explain that sh*t to me.
 5 years ago '10        #9
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,756 | Props total: 8704 8704
Idiots...
 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM         #10
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eightytyson06 said:
Idiots...
Please, elaborate your thoughts.
 5 years ago '06        #11
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 8925 8925
yea i can never go on reddit sh*t is confusin and retarted looks like a stripped site with no theme
 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM         #12
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Special Edd said:
yea i can never go on reddit sh*t is confusin and retarted looks like a stripped site with no theme
Bruh the different subreddits have themes, how the fu*k can you not know how to use reddit lol.

PS: fu*k the gnats.
 5 years ago '10        #13
Cabillanaire oO 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,717 | Props total: 12 12
We've all died and we're in our 7 minutes of reliving our entire lives.
 5 years ago '07        #14
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
whatever it is it's gon continue to be.
 12-11-2012, 05:21 PM         #15
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cabillanaire oO said:
We've all died and we're in our 7 minutes of reliving our entire lives.
What happens in the 8th minute?
 5 years ago '07        #16
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
When did existence itself begin? What existed before existence? What entity or formula came about to create dimensions and universes and how did it come about? Who created all the galaxies? What role does our galaxy play in the greater scheme of things? Is there really a multiverse? What is the actual fu*king meaning?

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #17
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,742 | Props total: 1228 1228
 5 years ago '11        #18
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
 Andrefrbk said:
To be honest, i know this might sound far out. But ive always entertained myself with the idea of our galaxy being a tiny part of a much larger dimension. Like we could be the result of someone playing around with elements etc. Some rare beings, not religious beings as we know it, i mean just beings, entity, haha. Like in MIB.
[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

No evidence of this, but i just have fun thinking about it lol. Imagine we could be here, and they dont even know it. Imagine all the shiit around us in other dimensions, things so small we have not discovered it yet. We could have lifeforms smaller than atom particle living around us, or somewhere, intelligent as us, but they are just so small they live in their own dimension undisturbed.

If this were some matrix style computer program, there would have to be bugs and anomaly.

No software is perfect, the more complex it is the more bugs you run into, you simply cannot add any new code without having to debug and test it. So basically im saying this, if we were a program, either the programers are able to shut down our existence, and resume it where we cant even tell, or they are so good they can program in new shiit and not have any bugs.

The bottom line is this, if we were jacked into a computer, someone would have created an error by now. We would have noticed shiit like corrupted data, file errors.
What if viruses, violence, racism, natural disasters, greed, supernovas where the bugs and errors, or perhaps our lives themselves where the anomaly in this program.
 5 years ago '07        #19
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
 bobby doobie said:
What if viruses, violence, racism, natural disasters, greed, supernovas where the bugs and errors, or perhaps our lives themselves where the anomaly in this program.
We would never be able to progress as humans without handling adversity. We discover who we are and what we're capable of creating when we are faced with problems.
 5 years ago '05        #20
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,312 | Props total: 6446 6446
 Fras1788 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So BX, you smashin or nah? :dead:
23 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago