The Valve Console will Severely cut Microsoft’s Next Generation Console and game Sales

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM         #1
6860 pageviews
125 comments

DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Valve Console will Severely cut Microsoft’s Next Generation Console and game Sales

Furious Francis over at*Player Essence*has written an interesting article on how Valve’s Steam box could possibly affect Microsoft and Sony next gen consoles. Here’s a snippet:” Gabe Newell has announced that Valve will be jumping into the console wars next year, with console built for living rooms. This machine is to directly challenge Microsoft and Sony’s next generation consoles. With Valve creating a console, there will be major repercussions throughout the industry. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will all be affected one way or another. We think that Microsoft will ultimately lose the most sales for a variety of reasons”

Full article over at
[pic - click to view]

Player Essence

[pic - click to view]

Infinite PC Gaming » The Valve Console will Severely cut Microsoft’s Next Generation Console and game Sales

125 comments for "The Valve Console will Severely cut Microsoft’s Next Generation Console and game Sales"

5 years ago '05        #2
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Really wouldn't change much for Nintendo or Sony too be honest. They have a well established first party lineup that would make people still buy their consoles. On top of that Nintendo is the only one offering a different way of playing that will have people buying their consoles. Microsoft better hope and pray that this Steam box is fake though.

Last edited by PhI|0z0pH3r; 12-11-2012 at 10:25 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #3
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
If M$ is the only one with a paid online service by then, i can see it. Live had its great run, but they should think about making Live free considering how many ads are on the service. Their user base will also be more likely to stay.

By next gen, if ps4 has party chat & valve puts out the kind of quality they are known for w/free steam online, M$ takes the biggest hit.

Now get off your a.ss and start making 1st party titles again.

Last edited by Soraci7; 12-11-2012 at 10:44 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #4
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,611 | Props total: 2124 2124
If Valve has a console marketplace like they do on Steam, it's game over. Nobody will be able to compete with them.
 5 years ago '05        #5
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,616 | Props total: 13676 13676
Knee jerk article.
 5 years ago '11        #6
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,190 | Props total: 5336 5336
Let's hope so.
 5 years ago '10        #7
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
Steam has a model similar to Xbox Live in the consumer's eyes. All the real advantages are for developers and small publishers. I'm not sure how Valve can effectively market this to the masses.

Microsoft filled a gaming void that wasn't left by anyone in particular. The whole social gaming idea was the next step in console evolution. Maybe Steam believes cheap development for high quality titles is the next step for home gaming. I do want a platform for games like Minecraft, Shadow Complex, and Sonic CD, but would it be that much better than what we have already?
 5 years ago '12        #8
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,611 | Props total: 2124 2124
 Hovi Bryant said:
Steam has a model similar to Xbox Live in the consumer's eyes. All the real advantages are for developers and small publishers. I'm not sure how Valve can effectively market this to the masses.

Microsoft filled a gaming void that wasn't left by anyone in particular. The whole social gaming idea was the next step in console evolution. Maybe Steam believes cheap development for high quality titles is the next step for home gaming. I do want a platform for games like Minecraft, Shadow Complex, and Sonic CD, but would it be that much better than what we have already?
Except you pay for Xbox Live. I'm not saying which is better because that is all opinion, but if both are equal as far as quality, the consumer is always going to pick the cheaper of the 2. The reason Live is widely accepted over PSN is because Live is better. That is why people are willing to pay for it. Now, if Valve can equal what Live is doing, and do it cheaper, look out.
 5 years ago '11        #9
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Yeah if Valve puts out a console, it's practically over for MS.
 5 years ago '05        #10
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,372 | Props total: 8050 8050
 Jesszman said:
Yeah if Valve puts out a console, it's practically over for MS.
dont u have "college" to attend to?
 5 years ago '11        #11
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 TattooedMPsz said:
dont u have "college" to attend to?
It's finals week.
 5 years ago '11        #12
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
We'll see, the bigger question is, is Sony going to give free online next generation or is it gonna be super watered down
 5 years ago '04        #13
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,754 | Props total: 1383 1383
I'm not sure what I'd like better to see, the look on the faces of the kids seeing real gaming or the look on my face when the celebratory Steam sale Valve will hold when it launches...
 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM         #14
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if true then im koppin
 5 years ago '07        #15
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
The only threat Sony has to the sales of its next console is Sony itself.
 5 years ago '04        #16
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
Valve is going to give MS and Sony the kick in the a.ss they need.

MS needs to go free with live and develop more exclusives. Something other then Halo, Forza and Gears.

Sony needs to get their online sh*t together. They'll still have exclusives to help their console but they better stop some new franchises with the PS4 like they did the PS3.

If Valve launches with an exclusive like Half Life 3.... that'll be a good start to move consoles.
 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM         #17
TheCityOnMyMind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Based gaben
 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM         #18
Skratch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dogmanx23 said:
Valve is going to give MS and Sony the kick in the a.ss they need.

MS needs to go free with live and develop more exclusives. Something other then Halo, Forza and Gears.

Sony needs to get their online sh*t together. They'll still have exclusives to help their console but they better stop some new franchises with the PS4 like they did the PS3.

If Valve launches with an exclusive like Half Life 3.... that'll be a good start to move consoles.
why? i enjoy paying for my service its totally worth it

Valve needs to chill fall back and give us that left 4 dead 3 fu*k they console
 5 years ago '10        #19
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,209 | Props total: 1145 1145
i might have to look into this valve sh*t this the first time i heard of it
 5 years ago '08        #20
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 104 104
nobody checking for valve except hardcore pc gaming geeks
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy