NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 Dos-effect said:
First I never claimed to be a expert on Scientology, and was just using this relgion as an example of bullsh*t theories that people belive to be so because of the nature of the orgin of the religion, but you make you a good point, and for the sake of argument, we can replace Scientology with Morminism(if that makes it better).......my concern with your arguments though is you keep missing the points that Im trying to make, my comment was an attempt to cast doubt of the theory that GOd supposedly wrote the Bible, or the pepole that GOD confided in are of the upmost integrity, which can be debated on.........

But since you seem to believe that the Christian relgion is somehow flawless I offer this

First let me say its nice to debate with someone who isnt such a dbag.
Second ill give you my personal stance so you know where im coming from in the future.
I was raised catholic and started to develop my own beliefs.
Religions have flaws. Some more than others as you can see in the case of bullsh*t scientology. My personal belief is that there is a God and God is an all knowing all loving energy source from which all things are created. I grew up catholic but i have found many certain things which i disagree with in the catholic church itself (reincarnation) being one of them.
I dont have a problem with people that dont believe in christianity or follow the bible but for some reason i have a problem with people who dont believe in any God at all. That bothers me. It bothers me because IMO its a path to self righteousness which is a bad path.
You brought up the part about feeling alone and i thought that was a good point but i have a question for you. I myself have felt helpless in situations and prayed to God for help one being where i was diagnosed with cancer (which Im beating). My question to you is when you feel helpless and alone or for example your mother is sick or any of those situations what do you do? Nothing? You dont speak to anyone because you dont believe in God right?
Im not being an as*hole im wondering what you do in time of helplessness and struggle?
 5 years ago '12        #122
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 DaViLLe726 said:
So if you have a person in your life that has passed and i knew someone who could contact them and give you confirmation that they were in fact speaking with one of your loved ones would it change your thoughts on some things? Im just wondering.

I see that you say your sister is a Medium. I've never seen or spoken to anyone claiming to speak with deceased people before. Of course if I met someone who genuinely spoke with the deceased I'd change my thoughts on a lot of things. I'd also have a sh*t load of questions for that person.

HOAXone said:
The theory you pose still leaves major questions unanswered. If we are nothing but just a "Spoke on a wheel", another factor of life, then there is no purpose for us other then to live a short lived life with no meaning . We are here and then gone. Yet we as all other creatures/animals and the universe were created. It's proven that something cannot come from nothing. You can't get the universe without something causing it to be made - the universe could not just have happened. Matter of fact it has been noted that the Universe became an expanse within seconds - one second it was not there then immediately it came into exsistance. What then was the power that caused this creation? Something had to be behind the entire creation of the universe? The creation of all living things. Our bodies are complex and not simple - we did not just come into exsistance out of nothing. Everything is created one way or another. So to say we are just a factor in life is to say there is no purpose to us - so why are we here, why do we exsist? We can say we are a spoke on a wheel....yet what and who is the wheel that is keeping the spoke in place?

You said that we as humans are focused on ourselves and you are totally correct. It is always I, Me, Mine and self preservation 100% with every single person. Yet, God says through the Bible that this itself is our main problem - focusing on ourselves to the point where we forget everyone and everything else and are willing to do anything to self preserve and believe that we are the center of the universe. We can say that if there were no humans that the bible and Jesus would be irrelevant - but not necessarily. That is an alternative reality and not a current one we live in. If we go by what the Bible says then Jesus would not have needed to manifest himself in human form if we did not exist. There would be no point in doing so since the Bible teaches that Jesus came in the flesh to save all, this scenario would not have happened. Yet does that mean Jesus did not exist? Not at all. It would just mean that scenarios would be very different. In the end I don't see how anyone could be upset with Jesus himself. Whether you want to believe that he existed or not is a personal decision but most historical evidence points to the fact that he existed on this earth. If he did exist then which of his teachings upset you? I don't comprehend the anger or hostility towards Jesus at times when his teachings were mostly truth.
It is completely possible to get something from nothing.

5 years ago '05        #123
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
 Ez the Don said:
I see that you say your sister is a Medium. I've never seen or spoken to anyone claiming to speak with deceased people before. Of course if I met someone who genuinely spoke with the deceased I'd change my thoughts on a lot of things. I'd also have a sh*t load of questions for that person.

It is completely possible to get something from nothing.

You in the tri state area by any chance?
 5 years ago '12        #124
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
Second ill give you my personal stance so you know where im coming from in the future.
Religions have flaws. Some more than others as you can see in the case of bullsh*t scientology. My personal belief is that there is a God and God is an all knowing all loving energy source from which all things are created. I grew up catholic but i have found many certain things which i disagree with in the catholic church itself (reincarnation) being one of them.
I dont have a problem with people that dont believe in christianity or follow the bible but for some reason i have a problem with people who dont believe in any God at all. That bothers me. It bothers me because IMO its a path to self righteousness which is a bad path.
You brought up the part about feeling alone and i thought that was a good point but i have a question for you. I myself have felt helpless in situations and prayed to God for help one being where i was diagnosed with cancer (which Im beating). My question to you is when you feel helpless and alone or for example your mother is sick or any of those situations what do you do? Nothing? You dont speak to anyone because you dont believe in God right?
Im not being an as*hole im wondering what you do in time of helplessness and struggle?

My personal experience is similar. Raised Catholic, saw its flaws, developed my own belief systems, etc.

Here's where we differ though. I'm an atheist/agnostic. I don't believe in any religion's definition or description of God. I don't believe there is a being that intervenes in human affairs, answers prayers, blesses some, condemns others, etc. I see the Bible as nothing more than a compilation of allegorical stories trying to pass down morality, but failing horribly. I don't know much about the Korhan. I do know some of the laws though, and find them quite disturbing.

If there was a religion I could most identify with, it's Buddhism. But that's more of a way of life than a religion.

And to answer your question about what we (atheists) do when someone we love passes or is deathly sick or goes missing, etc. I can only answer for myself.

I'm only 24 and I've lost 3 of the best friends I'll ever have in this lifetime. All I know how to do is constantly remember them and the experiences we've shared. Reflect on our time together. And make sure that they live on through me.

I'll admit that I do something that's like prayer. I meditate and speak to whatever the hell is out there. And I say that. Where people say "Dear God" I say Dear "Universe, Nature, or whatever's out there" and then I continue to say my thanks for the good things in my life. I never really ask for anything though.
 5 years ago '12        #125
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
You in the tri state area by any chance?
I wish homie. My a.ss is all the way out here in Guam.
 12-13-2012, 06:05 PM         #126
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaViLLe726 said:

My wife is a Christian and her mother is also, they dont attend church like they use to but they are both firm believers in GOD, we bump heads on the matter from time to time, but I am a believe of live and let live. And it works, so to be honest it doesn't bother me that much that people choose to believe in religion. What bothers me the most is people who tend to believe that I need to be prayed for, or that I am doomed to burn in hell while they are "protected" by GOD. Now keep in mind I know some slimey a.ss people who are just p!ss poor a.ss people morally, but they have the nerve to tell me that I'm not living right when I do more for others then they ever will or have ever tried to do, including them......so that's like the only thing that will get me on edge is that type of holier than thou nature. In regards to the question of if I pray, I do sometimes, my wife prays over my food when we go out to eat, and I participate....so its not like I'm completely against the idea of what GOD represents, I just fee like in life I am in control of my own destiny. Im going to have moments where I win, and moments when I loose....regardless of my beliefs.....and when I win or lose, I cant blame GOD or the Devil...because its just life and how life is.......what I can do is blame myself or pat myself on the back for making the right or wrong decisions.......its taking responsibility for my own actions and not transferring my problems on to the back of the "tooth fairy" or santa clause.......and I also feel that while praying may offer some sort of calming to my concerns......I'm still going to have to face the next day just as I did the day before......with no real answer back from GOD.........it sucks to think that no one really has our back....but thats reality.....we do more evil to each other in the name of GOD while also allowing evil to be done back to us in the name of the Devil......all the while ignoring the fact that it is us who is doing these actions not the Devil or GOD................Imagine if we had no one to blame for the way the world is, but us......what kind of sobering effect would that have on the world?

Last edited by Dos-effect; 12-13-2012 at 06:08 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #127
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
 Ez the Don said:
My personal experience is similar. Raised Catholic, saw its flaws, developed my own belief systems, etc.

Here's where we differ though. I'm an atheist/agnostic. I don't believe in any religion's definition or description of God. I don't believe there is a being that intervenes in human affairs, answers prayers, blesses some, condemns others, etc. I see the Bible as nothing more than a compilation of allegorical stories trying to pass down morality, but failing horribly. I don't know much about the Korhan. I do know some of the laws though, and find them quite disturbing.

If there was a religion I could most identify with, it's Buddhism. But that's more of a way of life than a religion.

And to answer your question about what we (atheists) do when someone we love passes or is deathly sick or goes missing, etc. I can only answer for myself.

I'm only 24 and I've lost 3 of the best friends I'll ever have in this lifetime. All I know how to do is constantly remember them and the experiences we've shared. Reflect on our time together. And make sure that they live on through me.

I'll admit that I do something that's like prayer. I meditate and speak to whatever the hell is out there. And I say that. Where people say "Dear God" I say Dear "Universe, Nature, or whatever's out there" and then I continue to say my thanks for the good things in my life. I never really ask for anything though.
Seems like at the young age of 24 that you have a lot of good insight. Im 28.
I will say this as far as experiences go I first hand have seen that you can communicate with the dead and spritis. Like i said about my sister shes the real deal. Shes got a book coming out all about being a medium...(no im not using this to promote her it just goes along with what we have been talking about) I could sit here and tell you stories of complete strangers shes met and helped. I dont know if you have ever heard of Ron Brown Us Politician that was k!lled but his gf contacted my sister. My sister connected with Ron brown and he told her things so the girlfriend would know it was really him.
My point in saying all this is that i truely believe that there is an all knowing all loving being with us and it starts with the fact that we can contact spirits after we leave our physical body. There is so much more out there.
As far as your friends im sorry to hear that you have had friends pass like that but i can a.ssure you that they are still very much around you.
I mean have you ever asked for a sign when you thought they are around? It works. Trust me.
 5 years ago '05        #128
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
My wife is a Christian and her mother is also, they dont attend church like they use to but they are both firm believers in GOD, we bump heads on the matter from time to time, but I am a believe of live and let live. And it works, so to be honest it doesn't bother me that much that people choose to believe in religion. What bothers me the most is people who tend to believe that I need to be prayed for, or that I am doomed to burn in hell while they are "protected" by GOD. Now keep in mind I know some slimey a.ss people who are just p!ss poor a.ss people morally, but they have the nerve to tell me that I'm not living right when I do more for others then they ever will or have ever tried to do, including them......so that's like the only thing that will get me on edge is that type of holier than thou nature. In regards to the question of if I pray, I do sometimes, my wife prays over my food when we go out to eat, and I participate....so its not like I'm completely against the idea of what GOD represents, I just fee like in life I am in control of my own destiny. Im going to have moments where I win, and moments when I loose....regardless of my beliefs.....and when I win or lose, I cant blame GOD or the Devil...because its just life and how life is.......what I can do is blame myself or pat myself on the back for making the right or wrong decisions.......its taking responsibility for my own actions and not transferring my problems on to the back of the "tooth fairy" or santa clause.......and I also feel that while praying may offer some sort of calming to my concerns......I'm still going to have to face the next day just as I did the day before......with no real answer back from GOD.........it sucks to think that no one really has our back....but thats reality.....we do more evil to each other in the name of GOD while also allowing evil to be done back to us in the name of the Devil......all the while ignoring the fact that it is us who is doing these actions not the Devil or GOD................Imagine if we had no one to blame for the way the world is, but us......what kind of sobering effect would that have on the world?
1. I have really never heard of a christian and an athiest getting together...
You got married in a church?
2. I feel like you are more agnostic than athiest.
3. Have you ever had a loved one pass and felt as though they were there? with you?
What im trying to say is this. I had a friend pass away. i asked him to him me a sign he was there and a plate flew off my counter. Anything like that ever happen to you? How do you explain such things. I know this is getting a little off the subject of God. But in a sense its not really its all aling the same lines.
 5 years ago '12        #129
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
Seems like at the young age of 24 that you have a lot of good insight. Im 28.
I will say this as far as experiences go I first hand have seen that you can communicate with the dead and spritis. Like i said about my sister shes the real deal. Shes got a book coming out all about being a medium...(no im not using this to promote her it just goes along with what we have been talking about) I could sit here and tell you stories of complete strangers shes met and helped. I dont know if you have ever heard of Ron Brown Us Politician that was k!lled but his gf contacted my sister. My sister connected with Ron brown and he told her things so the girlfriend would know it was really him.
My point in saying all this is that i truely believe that there is an all knowing all loving being with us and it starts with the fact that we can contact spirits after we leave our physical body. There is so much more out there.
As far as your friends im sorry to hear that you have had friends pass like that but i can a.ssure you that they are still very much around you.
I mean have you ever asked for a sign when you thought they are around? It works. Trust me.

Thanks.

I've never asked for a sign. I'm not really looking for one to be honest. I know they're with me and they live on through me.

As for your sister being a medium, please ask her to ask any spirit what the hell happens when we die. I really would like to know.
 5 years ago '05        #130
§wiff 
space
space
$1,342 | Props total: 4 4
Most if not all mediums no nothing about the after-life if anything their being deceived by dangerous entities in which they "receive " their "knowledge" from
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy