Dec 11 - Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
9332 pageviews
148 comments

You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,397 | Props total: 19885 19885
Dec 11 - Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence

[pic - click to view]

Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence - Yahoo! News India

Washington, December 11 (ANI): An acclaimed underwater archaeologist believes that he has found evidence that the Great Biblical Flood of Noah's time may have actually happened after all.
Robert Ballard, one of the world's best-known underwater archaeologists, told ABC News that his team is probing the depths of the Black Sea off the coast of Turkey in search of traces of an ancient civilization hidden underwater since the time of Noah.
Ballard said some 12,000 years ago, much of the world was covered in ice.
"Where I live in Connecticut was ice a mile above my house, all the way back to the North Pole, about 15 million kilometers, that's a big ice cube. But then it started to melt. We're talking about the floods of our living history," he explained it to ABC News.
The water from the melting glaciers began to rush toward the world's oceans, Ballard said, causing floods all around the world.
"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods," Ballard said.
According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region.
They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path.
Fascinated by the idea, Ballard and his team decided to investigate.
"We went in there to look for the flood. Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level, but a really big flood that then stayed... The land that went under stayed under," he said.
Four hundred feet below the surface, they unearthed an ancient shoreline, proof to Ballard that a catastrophic event did happen in the Black Sea.
By carbon dating shells found along the shoreline, Ballard said he believes they have established a timeline for that catastrophic event, which he estimates happened around 5,000 BC. Some experts believe this was around the time when Noah's flood could have occurred.
"It probably was a bad day. At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under," Ballard said.
Ballard does not think he will ever find Noah's Ark, but he does think he may find evidence of a people whose entire world was washed away about 7,000 years ago.
He and his team said they plan to return to Turkey next summer. (ANI)

148 comments for "Dec 11 - Noah's biblical flood actually happened, suggests new evidence"

5 years ago '07        #2
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,963 | Props total: 5879 5879
Good Read
 5 years ago '07        #3
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
$22,359 | Props total: 2070 2070
 5 years ago '06        #4
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
1 pt "Bible Thumpers"

5 years ago '11        #5
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,397 | Props total: 3871 3871
Cool. Hope they find more next summer.
 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM         #6
Stabbin101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Islam>
 5 years ago '05        #7
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,935 | Props total: 6184 6184
So all this time n*ggaz thought the sh*t was fake?
 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM         #8
diggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the part I want confirmed is the boat......every culture has a flood story...makes since with the melting ice. We already knew there were settlements in and around the Met. Sea that were flooded......

great info though!
 5 years ago '08        #9
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
people still dispute this?
 5 years ago '12        #10
iBoxden 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,895 | Props total: 233 233
That was a dope read. Good job my dude.

I believed in the story of Noah's Ark and the Bible in its self. To the non-believer this should definitely have them thinking now. As far as the Ark part. I personally would love to finally see someone find at least half of the Ark. If this ever happened............
 5 years ago '06        #11
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,982 | Props total: 4006 4006
It's no secret that the Bible contains people and events that have been VERIFIED to have existed/happened by scholars around the world.

Oh and atheists/agnostics lost.
 5 years ago '05        #12
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,965 | Props total: 725 725
#inb4religionwar

I valet'd on1st pg
 12-12-2012, 03:26 AM         #13
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there probably was a huge flood that happened at one point

but in NO way comparable to what the bible tells

its like a war between two nations being compared to a world war
 5 years ago '07        #14
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 steeLTown said:
@ people believing this means the bible and the story of Noahs Ark is true...i thought God flooded the earth by making it rain for 40 days and 40 nights? according to this article the flood was caused by melting ice

athiests/agnostics win yet again...keep on believing your fairy tales
it's not about the fairy tales, you simple minded fu*k.

I don't believe in the God Christians do, but when it comes to the Bible, you don't take the stories for fact, you take them to make yourself a better person, and learn about the meaning in life...

The Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth - GZA .. now fu*k outta here with some ignorance like that.
 5 years ago '07        #15
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 steeLTown said:
no sh*t you stupid fu*k...I also think the bible was created as a bunch of fables/fairy tales to teach people morals, etc but there are people (1/3 of this country) who take it literally thats what I was trying to say...nice try to make me look stupid though...im sure it has nothing to do with me always pointing out that your football team got all their Superbowls by cheating...

Wasn't trying to make you looking stupid? That wasn't my intention..

I ain't mad, and it has nothing to do with your favourite football team or mine. Am I 5 years old?

You're worse than a three year old always needing to start and argument or try and make someone mad because you're always "right."

5 years ago '07        #16
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
So the flood may have happened?
Instantaneous verification of the bible

[pic - click to view]

Storchaveli said:
It's no secret that the Bible contains people and events that have been VERIFIED to have existed/happened by scholars around the world.

riiiiiight

Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-12-2012 at 06:05 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #17
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
 hood135 said:
1 pt "Bible Thumpers"

stabbin101 said:
Islam>
 Quddus said:
So all this time n*ggaz thought the sh*t was fake?
 slimdogg3325 said:
people still dispute this?
 iBoxden said:
That was a dope read. Good job my dude.

I believed in the story of Noah's Ark and the Bible in its self. To the non-believer this should definitely have them thinking now. As far as the Ark part. I personally would love to finally see someone find at least half of the Ark. If this ever happened............
 Storchaveli said:
It's no secret that the Bible contains people and events that have been VERIFIED to have existed/happened by scholars around the world

m-f said:
it's not about the fairy tales, you simple minded fu*k.

I don't believe in the God Christians do, but when it comes to the Bible, you don't take the stories for fact, you take them to make yourself a better person, and learn about the meaning in life...

The Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth - GZA .. now fu*k outta here with some ignorance like that.
so the possibility of there being a giant flood 7000 yrs ago automatically proves the bible/noahs ark story to be true?
 5 years ago '07        #18
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
there have been references to a flood in almost every culture dating back to the Mesopotamian epic of Gilgamesh so it isn't hard to believe that a great deluge occurred and was passed down orated through fables. Each civilization put their spin on it in order to justify it, because it was always some different god or gods causing the damage.
 5 years ago '05        #19
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
Theres wayyyyyy more plausible evidence for a GLOBAL flood. The huge fossil record we have, seashells atop the highest mountains, pockets of oil and coal indicating massive plant and animal deaths, salt water lakes, the Grand Canyon, over 200 different accounts of a flood, layers of strata that appear to be rapidly laid down...and much muuuuuch more.

But the most plausible to me, is because Yah told my forefathers exactly what happened.

And to the uninformed dude talkin about it only rained 40 days and nights must be ignoring the part that said, "the fountains of the deep broke open." And you do know water from the fountains of the deep are still flowing. Where is all this water from UNDER the ocean coming from?
 5 years ago '08        #20
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
 steeLTown said:
no sh*t you stupid fu*k...I also think the bible was created as a bunch of fables/fairy tales to teach people morals, etc but there are people (1/3 of this country) who take it literally thats what I was trying to say...nice try to make me look stupid though...im sure it has nothing to do with me always pointing out that your football team got all their Superbowls by cheating...

so do u plan on changing peoples minds about this..by laughing and making jokes or are u just doing that to be funny, because that would definitely make u look stupid.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy