Wait wait wait...so Its Not the World for Gibbs?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #141
The One N Only 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 31 31
 s7venwords said:
Yeah I could def see the 2 of them spittin'. What about Duck Down Records ?
i could see him on duck down but it's not the right move if he's trying to increase his marketability
 5 years ago '12        #142
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,079 | Props total: 17420 17420
 The One N Only said:
i could see him on duck down but it's not the right move if he's trying to increase his marketability
When he signed with CTE did you think he was trying to icnrease his marketability?

If he signs with a label and continues to release good music I ain't mad.
 5 years ago '12        #143
space
space
 GameTheory said:
These "A&Rs"
There is some sort of A&Rs on Boxden, believe it or not.
 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM         #144
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
When he signed with CTE did you think he was trying to icnrease his marketability?

Duck Down stays releasing quality projects too, rarely am I disappointed in their work. Plus they have an active street team as their sh*t is promoted heavy in the right spots without having to change their market plan up and feel compromised. I know their not major but if Gibbs is focused on putting out quality work with no higher ups trying to change his image or work ethic.............
 5 years ago '12        #145
space
space
 s7venwords said:
Duck Down stays releasing quality projects too, rarely am I disappointed in their work. Plus they have an active street team as their sh*t is promoted heavy in the right spots without having to change their market plan up and feel compromised. I know their not major but if Gibbs is focused on putting out quality work with no higher ups trying to change his image pr work ethic.............
+ Gibbs has collaborated with more than five Duck Down artists.
 12-09-2012, 01:50 PM         #146
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:

Actually, yes. He was tryna increase his awareness and marketability by "signing" with CTE...

Gibbs signing with someone like Duck Down would be a HORRIBLE move in that regard for him, imo. Obviously they would manage his music well over there, but not his marketing and promotion. And I know that want Gibbs wants deep down...

That whole mentality people have of "I don't care what label he's on, just put out music" is just stupid to me. He could keep putting out albums for free on Datpiff as "mixtapes" if thats all y'all want from him...

Someone like Gibbs deserves to be HEARD. And an independent label is not going to help with that at all. He needs a major, or at least a Warner Bros type of situation. If he signs to any old label and just says fxck it (which some of y'all seem to be ok with), you gonna be one of these niccas that be like, "Dam, I ain't even know Gibbs just dropped a project".
 5 years ago '12        #147
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
Actually, yes. He was tryna increase his awareness and marketability by "signing" with CTE...

Gibbs signing with someone like Duck Down would be a HORRIBLE move in that regard for him, imo. Obviously they would manage his music well over there, but not his marketing and promotion. And I know that want Gibbs wants deep down...

That whole mentality people have of "I don't care what label he's on, just put out music" is just stupid to me. He could keep putting out albums for free on Datpiff as "mixtapes" if thats all y'all want from him...

Someone like Gibbs deserves to be HEARD. And an independent label is not going to help with that at all. He needs a major, or at least a Warner Bros type of situation. If he signs to any old label and just says fxck it (which some of y'all seem to be ok with), you gonna be one of these niccas that be like, "Dam, I ain't even know Gibbs just dropped a project".
Really?

I don't think Gibbs has actually gained too much buzz. He was featured on a lot of Jeezy tracks but his fanbase stayed the same.

If Gibbs starts making music just to get more recognition I will simply stop listening to him. I'll be more specific.. something like Meek for example. In two mixtapes he went into completely sh*t music.

fu*k a Warner Bros type of situation and any damn situation, I agree that Gibbs deserves more recognition but if it means he needs to make some fast-food rap then fu*k it, Gibbs lost more than ONE fan in my opinion..

fu*k a record label.

They already fu*ked him over (Interscope) when trying to make him make that pop music. That's why he left
 5 years ago '08        #148
Da_Crew2k9 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$3,008 | Props total: 2434 2434
 44wade said:
its fu*ked up, but he really should. he isnt my fav rapper but dude got skills for sure, and he got a following, he needs that extra push.
i agree sad but true mmg would be a good home for him
 5 years ago '07        #149
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
I don't think Gibbs would go back to Interscope. It's a shame because they dropped him in 06 but he seems like a good fit for them or Aftermath more specifically. But we all know Dre's track record isn't perfect. Gibbs shouldn't need too much outside of the right features. He has a great ear for beats.
 5 years ago '05        #150
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,260 | Props total: 9735 9735
Gangsta Gibbs to G.O.O.D. Music?
 5 years ago '12        #151
space
space
 WCIB said:
Gangsta Gibbs to G.O.O.D. Music?
If you think about it he can have a good chemistry with G.O.O.D. Music artists..

He already appeared on a track with Big Sean and k!lled it. Malik Yusef remixed a track with him and Pusha T.

Him and CyHi on the same track could be ruthless.

He's got a track with Kanye West dropping very soon..

12-09-2012, 02:43 PM         #152
Jeezydasnowman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look at juicy j and wiz...

juicy j was on wiz mixtape

gibbs was on jeezys mixtapes and videos

juicy j drops a hit, gibbs doesnt...I say its on gibbs...if he has a hit, drop it.
 5 years ago '12        #153
space
space
 Jeezydasnowman said:
look at juicy j and wiz...

juicy j was on wiz mixtape

gibbs was on jeezys mixtapes and videos

juicy j drops a hit, gibbs doesnt...I say its on gibbs...if he has a hit, drop it.
...Gibbs is not that type of rapper bruh..
 5 years ago '05        #154
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
If you think about it he can have a good chemistry with G.O.O.D. Music artists..

He already appeared on a track with Big Sean and k!lled it. Malik Yusef remixed a track with him and Pusha T.

Him and CyHi on the same track could be ruthless.

He's got a track with Kanye West dropping very soon..

Gibbs and Pusha T duo album.
 5 years ago '12        #155
space
space
 WCIB said:

Gibbs and Pusha T duo album.
Best gangsta rapper alive & best trapper alive.
 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM         #156
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
Really?

I don't think Gibbs has actually gained too much buzz. He was featured on a lot of Jeezy tracks but his fanbase stayed the same.

If Gibbs starts making music just to get more recognition I will simply stop listening to him. I'll be more specific.. something like Meek for example. In two mixtapes he went into completely sh*t music.

fu*k a Warner Bros type of situation and any damn situation, I agree that Gibbs deserves more recognition but if it means he needs to make some fast-food rap then fu*k it, Gibbs lost more than ONE fan in my opinion..

fu*k a record label.

They already fu*ked him over (Interscope) when trying to make him make that pop music. That's why he left
Not saying he actually gained sort crazy buzz off Jeezy (even though it got him a little), but that was his initial goal by hooking up with him. I know exactly what you mean when you don't wanna see him go mainstream. I've made the same complaint about Meek Mill as well. Would HATE to see that happen to GIBBS. Couldn't even see it...

I was just using Warner Bros as an example. But if you think about it, that could be an ideal situation for him. Isn't that who Curren$y is signed to ? I think that's a reasonable type of position Gibbs could ask to be in fame wise.
 5 years ago '12        #157
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
Not saying he actually gained sort crazy buzz off Jeezy (even though it got him a little), but that was his initial goal by hooking up with him. I know exactly what you mean when you don't wanna see him go mainstream. I've made the same complaint about Meek Mill as well. Would HATE to see that happen to GIBBS. Couldn't even see it...

I was just using Warner Bros as an example. But if you think about it, that could be an ideal situation for him. Isn't that who Curren$y is signed to ? I think that's a reasonable type of position Gibbs could ask to be in fame wise.
If Gibbs got Curren$y's situation I wouldn't be mad but I want to know more about Spitta's situation.
 5 years ago '05        #158
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Best gangsta rapper alive & best trapper alive.
 12-09-2012, 03:01 PM         #159
MoP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol damn I feel dumb. Didnt know who gibbs was...thought yall misspelled Jibbs.
 5 years ago '10        #160
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,667 | Props total: 172 172
 ALLEEK said:
...Gibbs is not that type of rapper bruh..
anybody can do it if they put their mind to it
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy