Wait wait wait...so Its Not the World for Gibbs?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
27 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #121
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 13020 13020
 Bossalinie said:
these record labels aint sh*t like the used to be.. everybody makes tracks with everybody anyways these days.. who cares what one of the 10 little stamps on the back is

i dont care if he signs with 'suck a d!ck records' as long as they put his sh*t out

Dont know about that bruh. But I get your point. The end product is what counts.

That bfk
 5 years ago '12        #122
Bull23 
space
space
space
$272 | Props total: 0 0
So that's it? No more jeezy and gibbs?
 5 years ago '04        #123
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
 Lmac said:
Nobody in this new class of rappers can out-flow him....NO ONE!
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
nobody even comes close..........

I agree. Flow wise? I can't see no one touching him as far as the new class. Dude flow is vicious. Maybe the old Wiz Khalifa Flow can come close but Still not better.

He's good Lyrically also but not as lyrical as Kendrick lamar or Big KRIT, etc.
 5 years ago '12        #124
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,079 | Props total: 17420 17420
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
nobody even comes close..........
N.O.B.O.D.Y.
 5 years ago '11        #125
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
So what's the politics behind Jeezy not putting Gibbs in none of his singles?

If he's your major prospect and you're the top dog in your crew, I don't understand why Jizzle didn't use this great opportunity to promote and present your artist to a whole new demographic.

Plus, wasn't he supposed to drop a CTE mixtape (nevermind an album)? How is your team suppose to eat if you don't put them in the forefront?

No matter how you slice it, Jeezy is slacking and his a lazy/kinda selfish CEO.

[spoiler - click to view]

Last edited by keejee; 12-09-2012 at 11:57 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #126
space
space
Bottom line Jeezy is a VERY bad CEO.
 5 years ago '11        #127
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Bottom line Jeezy is a VERY bad CEO.
true that
 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM         #128
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keejee said:
So what's the politics behind Jeezy not putting Gibbs in none of his singles?

If he's your major prospect and you're the top dog in your crew, I don't understand why Jizzle didn't use this great opportunity to promote and present your artist to a whole new demographic.

Plus, wasn't he supposed to drop a CTE mixtape (nevermind an album)? How is your team suppose to eat if you don't put them in the forefront?

No matter how you slice it, Jeezy is slacking and his a lazy/kinda selfish CEO.

[spoiler - click to view]

It wasn't up to Jeezy. The label picks the songs that end up on the album. Jeezy's new position doesn't give him THAT much power. And since Gibbs never had an actual deal during his affiliation with Jeezy, he's not going to make a mainstream project like that. Plus Jeezy put Gibbs on plenty songs...

That's how I knew once Gibbs didn't make TM103, he wasn't going to more than an affiliate with Jeezy. Now could had Jeezy helped Gibbs get a deal under Def Jam or something ? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The more likely scenario is that Gibbs simply did not WANT a mainstream deal of any sort...

So it's no point in tagging along side Jeezy if it was all you were gonna be is a co-sign. Gibbs got that so now he can move on. CTE needed to grow into more of a group than just an imprint for it to make any sense for Gibbs to hang around.
 5 years ago '12        #129
space
space
Gibbs was on .38, bonus track on TM103.

He even tweeted bout it lol.
 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM         #130
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
Gibbs was on .38, bonus track on TM103.

He even tweeted bout it lol.
Yeah, but to me thats not "making the album". He needed to be on non-deluxe version of TM103 ! Gibbs kinda reached his highest peak as far as internet/street fame around that time. So it would have been no better time to include him as apart of the actual album. To kinda market him as that next nicca or Jeezy's "new artist". But clearly those in power had no interest in pushing Gibbs in that manner to the masses. How many people who buy albums actually get the bonus tracks anyway ?
 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM         #131
Maaly6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he should hop on TDE with Kendrick, Q, Jay Rock, & Ab-Soul
 5 years ago '09        #132
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,123 | Props total: 1657 1657
hes done should have never dissed ross he should have never took any part of the beef might be blackball but i cant really see any interest from labels from him
 5 years ago '12        #133
space
space
 Toss said:
hes done should have never dissed ross he should have never took any part of the beef might be blackball but i cant really see any interest from labels from him
There was a bidding war on him before he dropped BFK in August but he didn't take any of the deals.

Y'all don't understand that Gibbs isn't that type of rapper who will convert into commercial music just to fit in the industry..
 12-09-2012, 12:56 PM         #134
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
There was a bidding war on him before he dropped BFK in August but he didn't take any of the deals.

Y'all don't understand that Gibbs isn't that type of rapper who will convert into commercial music just to fit in the industry..
Yeah, exactly. Freddie Gibbs will NOT conform to the industry and make music that is detrimental to the black community. So in other words, Gibbs ain't on no fake shxt...
 12-09-2012, 01:03 PM         #135
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maaly6 said:
he should hop on TDE with Kendrick, Q, Jay Rock, & Ab-Soul
 5 years ago '12        #136
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
Yeah, exactly. Freddie Gibbs will NOT conform to the industry and make music that is detrimental to the black community. So in other words, Gibbs ain't on no fake shxt...
I ain't mad though.. as long as he controls his own projects and drops Eastside Slim, Cocaine Pinata and the rest of the projects that's supposed to drop next year.. it's all good.
 5 years ago '12        #137
space
space
I definitely do NOT want to see Gibbs on Top Dawg Ent.

TDE is good and Gibbs WOULDN'T fit in in my opinion.. his personality just doesn't fit in TDE. Only one who resembles Gibbs is Jay Rock.

If anything I just want more tracks by Jay Rock and Gibbs. Hell I want a full project by them two..

But that's me.. Gibbs should stay independent.. he's the best artist in the game and doesn't needs to run around between labels.
 12-09-2012, 01:21 PM         #138
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:

TDE is good and Gibbs WOULDN'T fit in in my opinion.. his personality just doesn't fit in TDE. Only one who resembles Gibbs is Jay Rock.

If anything I just want more tracks by Jay Rock and Gibbs. Hell I want a full project by them two..
Yeah I could def see the 2 of them spittin'. What about Duck Down Records ?
 5 years ago '11        #139
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
 ALLEEK said:

But that's me.. Gibbs should stay independent.. he's the best artist in the game and doesn't needs to run around between labels.
Since he's not signed to Jeezy, does he still have to cut a check (% of his show money) whenever his touring internationally?
 5 years ago '12        #140
space
space
 s7venwords said:
Yeah I could def see the 2 of them spittin'. What about Duck Down Records ?
That's a very nice pick.

Duck Down is definitely a good record label and if Gibbs signed to them it would be random as hell but I wouldn't be mad to be honest. Nice one.

keejee said:
Since he's not signed to Jeezy, does he still have to cut a check (% of his show money) whenever his touring internationally?
I guess that not lol?

He was never signed to Jeezy.. y'all gotta read old interviews (after he got a partnership with Jeezy) where he keeps saying over and over it's a PARTNERSHIP.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy