Wait wait wait...so Its Not the World for Gibbs?

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #81
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,102 | Props total: 11329 11329
 castro13 said:
isn't jeezy vp of urban at Atlantic?

hows that gonna work
he is VP of Atlantic Records.

Ross is going to the Parent company which is AMG.

Now does that mean he is Jeezy's boss? dont know, but Ross will be higher up the Atl food chain.
 5 years ago '12        #82
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,007 | Props total: 17163 17163
^^ Gibbs controls his own sh*t.. he decides when he drops his projects. Cocaine Pinata drops next year
 5 years ago '12        #83
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
^^ Gibbs controls his own sh*t.. he decides when he drops his projects. Cocaine Pinata drops next year
straight out the mans mouth is that he dont have a label to drop a debut album.

his words.
 5 years ago '07        #84
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Gibbs seems to hate Ross and his label so that's outta the question. It would be interesting to hear a Nipsey/Gibbs collabo though. He's not too fond of Wiz either and wouldn't fit there. Birdman just picked up Game, Juvenile, and Caskey and he's very close to Ross so that's a bad fit. Barely anybody can drop over there anyway. Jeezy was a good fit as far as affiliation but he didn't do much to further Gibbs' career. He shoulda put him on a single.

He should do his independent thing until the timing is right.
 5 years ago '10        #85
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,942 | Props total: 92 92
 clipse_designz said:
needs to join mmg
n*gga I would pay more attention to today's Hip hop if somthing like that went down.
 5 years ago '12        #86
space
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
Gibbs seems to hate Ross and his label so that's outta the question. It would be interesting to hear a Nipsey/Gibbs collabo though. He's not too fond of Wiz either and wouldn't fit there. Birdman just picked up Game, Juvenile, and Caskey and he's very close to Ross so that's a bad fit. Barely anybody can drop over there anyway. Jeezy was a good fit as far as affiliation but he didn't do much to further Gibbs' career. He shoulda put him on a single.

He should do his independent thing until the timing is right.
he been doin the independent thing though, the timing is right now, how can he create more buzz for himself underground than he did with his last mixtape?

Now whether he wants to cross over, thats another thing.
 5 years ago '12        #87
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,007 | Props total: 17163 17163
 44wade said:
he been doin the independent thing though, the timing is right now, how can he create more buzz for himself underground than he did with his last mixtape?

Now whether he wants to cross over, thats another thing.
Gibbs said already and not once.. he's looking to make music he likes not that Meek Mill sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #88
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Gibbs said already and not once.. he's looking to make music he likes not that Meek Mill sh*t
okay, but its also looks like he wants to take another step with his career.

i personally dont think he has to change much if at all, he has his fanbase, i think he could sell 50-75k 1st week, push maybe 200-250 overall, and see some good money.
 5 years ago '06        #89
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
this n*gga a.ss
give a fu*k what anyone says
 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM         #90
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
okay, but its also looks like he wants to take another step with his career.

i personally dont think he has to change much if at all, he has his fanbase, i think he could sell 50-75k 1st week, push maybe 200-250 overall, and see some good money.
Lol, what fantasy world do you live in where you think Freddie GIBBS could sell that much RIGHT NOW ? Do you listen to Gibbs ?? Cuz if you listen to him, you gotta know there's NO chance that any major label would release someone of his caliber with his sort of content to masses...

He would indeed have to make Meek Mill/MMG type of music in order for a label to push him. But Gibbs is probably the last person who is going to compromise his craft for a major...

Yeah, he has his fanbase. But you talking like he's Drfake or some shxt. There are a lot of solid independent/internet/street rappers who have a good following, but don't mean much without a label backing you when you trying make sells. The top independent street rappers are lucky to do 40K, and thats on a good day. Like when Saigon dropped TGSNT. Or when Banks put out HFM2. If Gibbs continues on how he is and signs with an independent LABEL, he's lucky to consistently do 25K per album...
 5 years ago '11        #91
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,266 | Props total: 12523 12523
i knew this was coming in that interview with the breakfast club you can sense that he wasn't really tepping CTE like he once use too but he might just wanted to go indy because you make more paper that way and Jeezy might take long releasing his debut
 5 years ago '12        #92
space
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
Lol, what fantasy world do you live in where you think Freddie GIBBS could sell that much RIGHT NOW ? Do you listen to Gibbs ?? Cuz if you listen to him, you gotta know there's NO chance that any major label would release someone of his caliber with his sort of content to masses...

He would indeed have to make Meek Mill/MMG type of music in order for a label to push him. But Gibbs is probably the last person who is going to compromise his craft for a major...

Yeah, he has his fanbase. But you talking like he's Drfake or some shxt. There are a lot of solid independent/internet/street rappers who have a good following, but don't mean much without a label backing you when you trying make sells. The top independent street rappers are lucky to do 40K, and thats on a good day. Like when Saigon dropped TGSNT. Or when Banks put out HFM2. If Gibbs continues on how he is and signs with an independent LABEL, he's lucky to consistently do 25K per album...
you might be right, especially factoring Banks into it, and Waka only sold 40k first week.

But still he got a fanbase, which does not include me, but he does.
 5 years ago '04        #93
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 s7venwords said:
True on Blood Raw flopping, but I disagree about that CS, just my opinion. I read that BR left because he felt Jeezy was going too commercial, any truth to that ? You know more than me about CTE.
Yeh and He recognized the business end wasn't right......Jeezy love to drank....Jeezy love to smoke.....But Jeezy don't love his paperwork though.......
 5 years ago '04        #94
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Politricks said:
i knew this was coming in that interview with the breakfast club you can sense that he wasn't really tepping CTE like he once use too but he might just wanted to go indy because you make more paper that way and Jeezy might take long releasing his debut
You hit it right on the head.....

1.) Independent=More money. Yes he would have made a sh*tload of show money rockin with CTE. But all that would come at his own personal career's expense.

Which leads me to.....

2.) When you sign to a situation like CTE, MMG, you're personally setting up that meatgrinder they tell you about when you enter the game. Everything except your show money goes through that grinder until the little remnants of $$ fall to you. That's if he doesn't sign a 360 deal, which would make the $$ situation even worse.

I can almost bet ya all of the MMG dudes deals are 360 type deals. I bet ya Ross eatin off all those little side deals Meek, Stalley, Wale have goin on. Gibbs didn't want a situation like that.
 5 years ago '05        #95
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 166 166
isn't Gibbs the guy who dte threatened to k!ll? And he froze up?
 5 years ago '04        #96
thetrapper 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$1,995 | Props total: 1253 1253
 44wade said:
he is VP of Atlantic Records.

Ross is going to the Parent company which is AMG.

Now does that mean he is Jeezy's boss? dont know, but Ross will be higher up the Atl food chain.
i have nothing against you

but where do u get ur information lololol

warner and atlantic is gonna be all in 1...feb 13th

everything will be Warner Music Group

todd moscowitz just left warner leaving dallas martin as the only liasion for the original warner mmg deal

44 just leave the insider label info to the pro's and just be a fan of the music....

internet made everyone an insider lolol
 5 years ago '12        #97
space
space
space
 CA$H MONEY said:
You hit it right on the head.....

1.) Independent=More money. Yes he would have made a sh*tload of show money rockin with CTE. But all that would come at his own personal career's expense.

Which leads me to.....

2.) When you sign to a situation like CTE, MMG, you're personally setting up that meatgrinder they tell you about when you enter the game. Everything except your show money goes through that grinder until the little remnants of $$ fall to you. That's if he doesn't sign a 360 deal, which would make the $$ situation even worse.

I can almost bet ya all of the MMG dudes deals are 360 type deals. I bet ya Ross eatin off all those little side deals Meek, Stalley, Wale have goin on. Gibbs didn't want a situation like that.

30-40% of alot is most likely more than 100% of a little bit. Wale and Meek are not good comparisons because they gained from their exposure, even Stalley, who would we(me) probably never heard of.

MAybe, dont know.
 5 years ago '12        #98
space
space
space
 thetrapper said:
i have nothing against you

but where do u get ur information lololol

warner and atlantic is gonna be all in 1...feb 13th

everything will be Warner Music Group

todd moscowitz just left warner leaving dallas martin as the only liasion for the original warner mmg deal

44 just leave the insider label info to the pro's and just be a fan of the music....

internet made everyone an insider lolol
ha, i know right, i aint claiming to know sh*t or anyone, like you said its all on the internet.

Plus yall be spilling sh*t on everything on twitter. And a person like myself connects dots.

And I wasnt shading Jeezy at all, He is gonna be VP AR of Atlantic Records, while Ross will have MMG under AMG if I read correctly. Now it could be that MMG goes under Atlantic Records but that doesnt make sense does it.

Of course you know whats gonna happen and Im just connectin dots.

Appreciate the info though.

Edit: I guess I missed one of your sentences, so they are all going under one umbrella? That doesnt make sense to me, but you know.

Last edited by 44wade; 12-08-2012 at 04:37 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #99
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25074 25074
 CA$H MONEY said:
Yeh and He recognized the business end wasn't right......Jeezy love to drank....Jeezy love to smoke.....But Jeezy don't love his paperwork though.......
...Jeezy Does The Paperwork. Its Just That Bloodraw Wanted Jeezy To Do All The Work For Him.

It Was Like Jeezy Handed That n*gga A Bone and The n*gga Stood There Like "what am I suppose to do next?". I Mean Jeezy Was Feature On His First Single "Louie" and It Lowkey Blew Up But Bloodraw Couldn't Keep The Ball Rolling That Jeezy Started For Him.

As For Gibbs, It Was A Partnership Between Him & Jeezy. Like k!lla Said...CTE World Dont Have A Distribution Deal So Nobody Getting Push Out But Jeezy Thanks To Def Jam. One of The Reasons Why Jeezy Signed Over As VP of Atlantic So He Can Chop Up A Deal For His Imprint.
 5 years ago '09        #100
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,078 | Props total: 8849 8849
stop making excuses for Jeezy on that Blood Raw sitution, shiettttt even Jeey best friend/business sued him, that's says a lot

edit so far 1 side to the story

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago