Wait wait wait...so Its Not the World for Gibbs?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,080 | Props total: 11298 11298
 s7venwords said:

[pic - click to view]

Freddie Gibbs ‏@FreddieGibbs
#Lebronsh*t

might that mean he taking his sh*t to South Beach?

Ym or MMG?
 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM         #62
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FreshBeatzBx said:
What is the difference between an imprint and a label?
 s7venwords said:
A Label puts out records, an imprint doesn't.
Yes, This. But an imprint is simply a brand, nothing more than that. It's not a label or a company. Anyone can make up their own imprint. These lil' niccas in the streets that try to start up their own "label" all the time by having their own imprints like Young & Thuggin' records (for example), lol...

An imprint is only as powerful as who's promoting it. Doesn't have the same perks as a label. Which is why a rapper can only do so much and yell out "CTE" on songs so many times to gain attention from it.
 5 years ago '12        #63
space
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
Yes, I know that. I'm saying O. Ross started pushing his MMG brand once he reached his peak at Def Jam. Pretty much in 2009 after Deeper Than Rap and the initial 50 Cent fiasco...

The industry had molded him into such a big figure at that point, he then had the ability to take his imprint to an actual label that could market and distribute their music. That label happened to be Warner Bros...

But my analogy of Warner Bros is like a low Division 1 program in college basketball compared to a big high major program such as Def Jam. They're on the same level, but the amount of awareness they give is different. Which is why you saw the first MMG release only do about 50K, compared to an O. Ross solo release through Def Jam that does like 3 times those numbers...
Difference is Ross is pretty much the rap division at Warner, and now Drake is over there too.

sh*t might have changed for Ross though, worse than any GD situation. Joie Manda is at Def Jam, and Todd moscowitz is out as president at warner. Those two dudes is who signed MMG to Warner.

So if the next boss comes in and doesnt like Ross as much as those two, might not be good, then again, maybe Ross gets elevated in the whole thing, who knows.
 5 years ago '12        #64
space
space
space
Then fu*kin Ross tweets this 5 mins ago. This sh*t is getting crazy out here, musical chairs i guess

TEFLON DON ‏@rickyrozay
Gucci Pucci vs. Craig Kallman MMG/Atlantic Takeover Has Begun!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #65
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,981 | Props total: 17055 17055
 44wade said:
might that mean he taking his sh*t to South Beach?

Ym or MMG?
No lmao it's a name of a song he made "Lebron sh*t".. reference to the tweet bout him being similar to Lebron when making decisions
 5 years ago '12        #66
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
No lmao it's a name of a song he made "Lebron sh*t".. reference to the tweet bout him being similar to Lebron when making decisions
didnt know he had a song called lebron sh*t, and yeah i get it means its decision time.

Hey, what you think about Gucci Pucci and Ross meeting with Atlantic Records CEO?

sh*ts crazy to me.
 5 years ago '04        #67
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
they already got a midwest rapper and a gangster rapper. they really don't need another one
 5 years ago '12        #68
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
they already got a midwest rapper and a gangster rapper. they really don't need another one
so then who does he fit?

Seems like he got offers, but none of the usual suspects seem like good fits for him.
 5 years ago '12        #69
space
space
 44wade said:
didnt know he had a song called lebron sh*t, and yeah i get it means its decision time.

Hey, what you think about Gucci Pucci and Ross meeting with Atlantic Records CEO?

sh*ts crazy to me.
Who the hell is Gucci Pucci lol
 5 years ago '12        #70
space
space
Gibbs said he been blacklisted by a lot of labels just check the interview Breakfast Club look at his face when he talks about being blacklisted
 5 years ago '12        #71
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
what??? Gucci Pucci money long now we call him Alex

Ross' manager, pretty sure MMG president.

They hoopin it up with Atlantic Music Group CEO, thats not some coincidence sh*t, to me.
 5 years ago '04        #72
space
space
 44wade said:
so then who does he fit?

Seems like he got offers, but none of the usual suspects seem like good fits for him.
not every artist need to join up with a team.

ALLEEK said:

its ross's manager but that name
 12-08-2012, 01:58 PM         #73
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
Difference is Ross is pretty much the rap division at Warner, and now Drake is over there too.

sh*t might have changed for Ross though, worse than any GD situation. Joie Manda is at Def Jam, and Todd moscowitz is out as president at warner. Those two dudes is who signed MMG to Warner.

So if the next boss comes in and doesnt like Ross as much as those two, might not be good, then again, maybe Ross gets elevated in the whole thing, who knows.
You pretty much said the same thing I just said. just re-worded it, lol...

O. Ross was giving position of power were he was able to come over there and create his own act at Warner Bros. And since he was so big at the time, he was the only rap act they needed...

Bottom line, the white man controls all this shxt. I would like to see someone such as Gibbs get in a good marketable situation like that. But I kind of don't blame him for not wanting to, knowing what you have to go through just to get your product out there to the max. Especially if they allow him to remain real. No way they letting a nicca like Gibbs out into the public eye like that.
 5 years ago '12        #74
space
space
 44wade said:
what??? Gucci Pucci money long now we call him Alex

Ross' manager, pretty sure MMG president.

They hoopin it up with Atlantic Music Group CEO, thats not some coincidence sh*t, to me.
Interesting
 5 years ago '12        #75
space
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
You pretty much said the same thing I just said. just re-worded it, lol...

O. Ross was giving position of power were he was able to come over there and create his own act at Warner Bros. And since he was so big at the time, he was the only rap act they needed...

Bottom line, the white man controls all this shxt. I would like to see someone such as Gibbs get in a good marketable situation like that. But I kind of don't blame him for not wanting to, knowing what you have to go through just to get your product out there to the max. Especially if they allow him to remain real. No way they letting a nicca like Gibbs out into the public eye like that.
Yeah, and Ross' premise was that he has these white jewish dudes ears, and from what I can tell he is right, which makes ross a powerful hip hop artist.

Gibbs needs to do right for his family, and thats get money. Whether thats with Ross or whoever, just get that paper.

justinjones said:
not every artist need to join up with a team.

its ross's manager but that name
not a team, but a label, and right now the label signing artists are YM, MMG,m and GOOD, he could get his own situation of course, but he needs a home.

ALLEEK said:
Interesting

to me it is interesting. Could Ross be leaving Warner? I guess he gave em 4 albums, dont know what their deal was, but jeezy is over at Atlantic Records too, and Ross playin hoops with the ceo of the parent company. Not that it means sh*t, but its interesting.
 5 years ago '09        #76
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 s7venwords said:
None of Jeezys' artist have yet to released a major album,
I forgot about Blood Raw
 5 years ago '04        #77
space
space
 44wade said:
not a team, but a label, and right now the label signing artists are YM, MMG,m and GOOD, he could get his own situation of course, but he needs a home.
or he could just sign a deal wherever. he doesn't have to be on those 3 labels. they all got too many damn artists as it is anyway
 5 years ago '12        #78
space
space
space
Just seen Warner will most likely not have an urban division, so all artists will be moving to Atlantic Music Group.

Hence the meeting with AMG CEO Craig Kallman.
 5 years ago '12        #79
space
space
Gibbs said he'd never collaborate with Ross

5 years ago '12        #80
space
space
space
 justinjones said:
or he could just sign a deal wherever. he doesn't have to be on those 3 labels. they all got too many damn artists as it is anyway
agreed, cte is actually the best look for him, so jeezy needs to solidy something with them, and put gibbs sh*t out, he got a fanbase.

Im Soo Special said:
44wade

gibbs is not signin with mmg

now lets move on to reality ok
nor do i think he will, just sayin, his sh*t would get released if he would. as it is, currently, an album release may never happen for dude
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy