Wait wait wait...so Its Not the World for Gibbs?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11270 11270
 s7venwords said:
@ around 2 mins he discusses the situation.
 5 years ago '10        #42
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,639 | Props total: 144 144
 s7venwords said:
I stand corrected, even though he left CTE too.

bloodraw album flopped anyways. nobody cared about him

but that cold summer album was fire
 5 years ago '12        #43
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
This n*gga Gibbs really gave no explanation as to why he aint drop under CTE

Even though Gibbs didnt explain it I believe I understand.

You see how Meek is on MMG which is Ross label like how CTE is Jeezy's. Ross and Jeezy are both on Def Jam which is the parent label I guess. Gibbs doesn't have one, Meek is on Warner Bros. along with MMG and Gibbs is on minor labels like CTE.
 5 years ago '12        #44
space
space
space
 FreshBeatzBx said:

You see how Meek is on MMG which is Ross label like how CTE is Jeezy's. Ross and Jeezy are both on Def Jam which is the parent label I guess. Gibbs doesn't have one, Meek is on Warner Bros. along with MMG and Gibbs is on minor labels like CTE.
its mmg/warner, mmg is a real label that got at least a 10 million dollar budget opened up at Warner.

while we thought it was cte/defjam/universal

Last edited by 44wade; 12-08-2012 at 01:34 PM..
 12-08-2012, 01:04 PM         #45
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jt satan said:
bloodraw album flopped anyways. nobody cared about him

but that cold summer album was fire
True on Blood Raw flopping, but I disagree about that CS, just my opinion. I read that BR left because he felt Jeezy was going too commercial, any truth to that ? You know more than me about CTE.
 12-08-2012, 01:09 PM         #46
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FreshBeatzBx said:

CTE is an imprint, not a label. Gibbs had a partnership with Jeezy, that's all. People need to understand there's a pretty significance difference in that...

MMG is also an imprint, but Def Jam has gotten behind O. Ross so much, that its almost like it morphed into its own label because of the power they gave him, which allowed him to go to Warner Bros. with it. Def Jam hasn't even attempted to push CTE...

People just use the technical term "getting signed" to that imprint because they gained affiliation with that imprint. Plus, its sound way better and cause the fans to react in a more favorable way, by saying Gibbs "signed" with CTE...

Cassidy had a similar situation when he got with Carmelo Anthony. Melo started up his own brand and Cass joined in on it for affiliation with his imprint to an attempt to draw some sort of interest.
 5 years ago '12        #47
space
space
space
 44wade said:
its mmg/warner, mmg is a real label that got at least a 10 million dollar budget opened up at Warner.

while we thought it was dte/defjam/universal, but its sounds like Jeezy is shoppin it to Atlantic.
For Jeezy its CTE/Def Jam. Jeezy has released albums under this so it has to be a label. N I jus checked Ross aint on Def Jam nomore cuz their contract expired recently...
 12-08-2012, 01:10 PM         #48
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jeezy won
 5 years ago '12        #49
space
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:
CTE is an imprint, not a label. Gibbs had a partnership with Jeezy, that's all. People need to understand there's a pretty significance difference in that...

MMG is also an imprint, but Def Jam hasn't gotten behind Ross so much, that its almost like it morphed into its own label because of the power they gave him, which allowed him to go to Warner Bros. with it. Def Jam hasn't even attempted to push CTE...

People just use the technical term "getting signed" to that imprint because they gained affiliation with that imprint. Plus, its sound way better and cause the fans to react in a more favorable way, by saying Gibbs "signed" with CTE...

Cassidy had a similar situation when he got with Carmelo Anthony. Melo started up his own brand and Cass joined in on it for affiliation with his imprint to an attempt to draw some sort of interest.
mmg is not def jam, its warner brothers.
 5 years ago '12        #50
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,959 | Props total: 16946 16946
Fresh beats is incredibly retarded

Gibbs is the CEO of ESGN which is his imprint simple..
 5 years ago '10        #51
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,639 | Props total: 144 144
Cte is independent
 5 years ago '07        #52
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
CTE ain't even a real label to be signing n*ggas.They're an independent label themselves.He was never "signed" he just cliqued up.Jeezy tryna help him come up on his own boss sh*t.Jeezy know he ain't never putting an album out so he would be hindering Gibbs by signing him.I respect Jeezy for not trying to fu*k the n*gga over and get him stuck in a fu*ked up situation(although I think Gibbs woulda been smart enough to figure that out on his own.)
 5 years ago '12        #53
space
space
space
 TrueHopTunes said:

MMG is also an imprint, but Def Jam has gotten behind O. Ross so much, that its almost like it morphed into its own label because of the power they gave him, which allowed him to go to Warner Bros. with it. Def Jam hasn't even attempted to push CTE...

What is the difference between an imprint and a label?
 5 years ago '11        #54
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1190 1190
Gibbs fu*ks with that Kendrick album

As for the thread, good for Gibbs, Jeezy doesn't do anything to promote his artists.
 5 years ago '12        #55
space
space
space
 FreshBeatzBx said:
For Jeezy its CTE/Def Jam. Jeezy has released albums under this so it has to be a label. N I jus checked Ross aint on Def Jam nomore cuz their contract expired recently...

ross is on def jam, solo.

and i dont see anything officially released as cte, while DTR, TD, GFID, Wales album, Meeks album are official.
 5 years ago '12        #56
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Fresh beats is incredibly retarded

Gibbs is the CEO of ESGN which is his imprint simple..
Yo why the fu*k u always suckin ma d!ck? Got damn every thread u got sumthin to say about me, where ya life at u fu*kin computer nerd?!?. Dis n*gga wanna internet beef all day.

I said I believe I understand, not I'm 100% on anything. I'm taking educated guesses. You act like I said I know such and such for a fact.
 5 years ago '12        #57
space
space
space
 44wade said:
ross is on def jam, solo.

and i dont see anything officially released as cte, while DTR, TD, GFID, Wales album, Meeks album are official.
O sh*t you right about the Ross sh*t, damn this sh*t is confusing. N every Jeezy album is CTE

Last edited by FreshBeatzBx; 12-08-2012 at 01:27 PM..
 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM         #58
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FreshBeatzBx said:
What is the difference between an imprint and a label?
A Label puts out records, an imprint doesn't.
 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM         #59
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
mmg is not def jam, its warner brothers.
Yes, I know that. I'm saying O. Ross started pushing his MMG brand once he reached his peak at Def Jam. Pretty much in 2009 after Deeper Than Rap and the initial 50 Cent fiasco...

The industry had molded him into such a big figure at that point, he then had the ability to take his imprint to an actual label that could market and distribute their music. That label happened to be Warner Bros...

But my analogy of Warner Bros is like a low Division 1 program in college basketball compared to a big high major program such as Def Jam. They're on the same level, but the amount of awareness they give is different. Which is why you saw the first MMG release only do about 50K, compared to an O. Ross solo release through Def Jam that does like 3 times those numbers...
 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM         #60
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Freddie Gibbs ‏@FreddieGibbs
#Lebronsh*t

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy