Jovan Belcher's Girlfriend Said She Was Leaving Him And Was Going To "Get As Much Money As Possible"

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
18109 pageviews
199 comments

Jago 1035 heat pts1035
space
space
space
$3,764 | Props total: 5528 5528
Jovan Belcher's Girlfriend Said She Was Leaving Him And Was Going To "Get As Much Money As Possible"

Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, had separated two weeks ago in the midst of a dispute over the care of their three-month-old daughter, Zoey, a friend of Belcher's has told Deadspin. They'd only very recently reconciled. In email messages sent to us, the friend described Belcher as a young man whipsawed between football-related head trauma and ongoing substance abuse, and the source speculated that a "combination of alcohol, concussions, and prescription drugs," mixed with domestic problems, led to Belcher's murder of Perkins and his subsequent suicide.

The friend wrote that after the Chiefs' Nov. 18 game against the Bengals, the last game Belcher started [Update, Dec. 3: See correction at bottom], Belcher "was dazed and was suffering from short-term memory loss. He could not remember the events that had taken place prior to that game or what he had said to get Kasi [Kasandra Perkins] to return home."

"If you review the footage of the Cincinnati game, he took a few hits to the head directly," the friend wrote.

Belcher's friend emailed initially to point out that the developing narrative of the murder-suicide was overly focused on a single event: the Trey Songz concert Perkins had attended at Kansas City's Midland Theater Friday night, and the dispute that followed when she arrived home around 1 a.m. The Kansas City Star's most detailed report on the shootings begins with that argument.

The friend wanted to stress that the concert was, at most, a tipping point, and that the relationship had soured previously. In further emails, he was frank that his aim was to give us Belcher's side of the story, and in defending his late friend he came off as cruel toward the murder victim, going so far as to call her "the catalyst."

Even so, he wrote that Belcher "drank ALOT. On a nightly basis" and was using medication heavily. He described both Belcher and Perkins as "very young and immature," which "combined with other factors led to this tragedy."

The quotes in the Kansas City Star article about the concert are attributed to two friends—whether friends of Belcher or Perkins, the article doesn't specify, but the emailer a.ssumed they were on Perkins's side. We've reached out to the one named in the piece.

Our tipster offered ample evidence that he was acquainted with Belcher. And his messages offer a timeline of events leading up to the shooting, with details not provided elsewhere.

If it seems like his first message starts in media res, that is not because of editing. It seemed like that to us, too. Here are the emails:

It was his girlfriend Kasi (Kasandra) Perkins. They have been arguing for quite sometime and had separated 2 weeks ago. He had brought her and the baby back home however, they were both arguing on a regular basis. Both of them are/were very young and immature and that combined with other factors led to this tragedy. Please do not focus on one isolated incident for the sake of the Belcher family ad try to dispel any rumor that it was a single event that contributed to this.

We asked what he meant.

This was the result of a long term conflict. I'm referring to the rumors that this was solely related to an argument about her attending the Trey Songs concert... It wasn't. Kasi had left and taken Zoe (their daughter) to a relatives house without his consent and refused to come home. In addition to that she made it clear that she was leaving and wild contact a lawyer to "get as much money as possible". Her friends are speaking to the media so, I only feel write providing his perspective to this situation. It had little, if anything to do with one isolated argument..

We asked if he meant that he thought Perkins had intended to get money from Belcher through child-support payments.

Exactly.

[On the Thursday night after the Nov. 12 Chiefs-Steelers Monday Night Football game] he came home and Kasi had taken the baby (Zoe) to Jamaal Charles residence because she is cousins with Jamaals wife Whitney. They had been arguing for quite a few weeks prior which was nothing new. The majority of the arguments were due to Kasi failing college classes that Jovan was paying for and quitting her retail job where she worked two 4 hour shifts a week. From my perception, she was lazy and after learning she was introduced to him through her cousin who is married to Jamaal I can only a.ssume she was after money. I'm in no way trying to defame her character, however; she is the catalyst to this incident. With friends/associates of hers speaking out to the media and saying that this incident stemmed from am argument about her staying out late for a concert, I have to disagree and provide the full spectrum. Jovan loved her and more importantly loved Zoe. After their argument and she left with the baby he convinced her to move back in for the sake of the baby. As far as what led to this tragic incident, I would say a combination of alcohol, concussions, and prescription drugs put him in a state that he would not otherwise be in.

We asked about the concussion, alcohol, and prescription medication mentioned above:

When it comes to prescription medication it is unclear from my perspective whether it was diagnosed and authorized by the team or not. However I know he was under the influence of narcotics for pain and I'm sure the toxicology report will reflect this. However, Jovan drank ALOT. On a nightly basis. This is not a mystery as he did so in public and private.

When it comes to his concussions; if you review the footage of the Cincinnati game he took a few hits to the head directly [...] he was dazed and was suffering from short term memory loss. He could not remember the events that had taken place prior to that game or what he had said to get Kasi to return home.

Belcher saw limited action in the Chiefs' Nov. 25 game against the Broncos, the only start he missed this season.

Correction: We initially said that Belcher's last game was Nov. 18. It turns out that game was only his last start. He saw limited action in the Chiefs' Nov. 25 game against the Broncos. We've corrected the post to reflect this.

[pic - click to view]

Friend: Belcher "Was Dazed, Suffering From Short-Term Memory Loss" After Last Start; Alcohol, Painkillers, Domestic Tensions Played Role In murder-suicide

Females ain't sh*t. Lazy chick was living the life only working 8 hours a week. image

199 comments for "Jovan Belcher's Girlfriend Said She Was Leaving Him And Was Going To "Get As Much Money As Possible""

5 years ago '07        #2
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
fu*k that bi*ch real talk...dude was unstable tho...its a shame
 5 years ago '07        #3
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
space
$92,810 | Props total: 70418 70418
Story is bullsh*t. Here they go blaming head trauma from a "friend"

Oh look at that Bengal game lmfaoooo, dude did not have a concussion.

One of his teammates said javon had an obsession with guns. fu*k outta here with this story

Dude was a drunk who cheated on his girl. Period. Idc if she spent every dime, she did not deserve to be murdered and he shoulda never had s3x with her and got her pregnant. Shoulda never been with her.

Glad he's off this earth, if that was my daughter I'd adopt my grandchild, real quick from that nutcase of a family that n*gga came from.

n*ggas on boxden got nerve to slay that girl name who was shot 4 times 3 months after pregnancy. U boys have no self respect just hide behind a keyboard n talk sh*t.

Last edited by Bkjj11; 12-06-2012 at 03:31 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #4
Jago 1035 heat pts1035 OP
space
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:

One of his teammates said javon had an obsession with guns. fu*k outta here with this story

Dude was a drunk who cheated on his girl. Period. Idc if she spent every dime, she did not deserve to be murdered and he shoulda never had s3x with her and got her pregnant. Shoulda never been with her.

Glad he's off this earth, if that was my daughter I'd adopt my grandchild, real quick from that nutcase of a family that n*gga came from.

n*ggas on boxden got nerve to slay that girl name who was shot 4 times 3 months after pregnancy. U boys have no self respect just hide behind a keyboard n talk sh*t.
It's obvious you didn't read since the article clearly claims he was alcohol and drug dependent.

And so what if he had an obsession with guns? An obsession with guns is not why this lazy chick died.
 5 years ago '04        #5
miamishank 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,917 | Props total: 1093 1093
Chances are she was after the bread.... bi*ch quit a job where she only works 8 hours a week. They wasnt married so where is YOUR money? Broke bi*ch livin rent free and eatin for free and dont wanna keep a job to pay for her own nails and hair. They wasnt married so she had no entitlement to his money. I wouldve offed her and plead self defense. Or just never got the bi*ch pregnant
 5 years ago '07        #6
capone3pbs 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,171 | Props total: 4602 4602
You fu*k heads above me are idiots... so because she wanted to bounce she has to die? :wtf: he's an Nfl player, he should've chose his gf more carefully and especially not had a child wit her if he was ever worried about a female taking his money... it's life and it happens to men everyday, females will get pregnant and then put u on child support... you don't have to be a pro player to get screwed over by a female... but if you make that mistake and have a child wit a chick who wants to just milk u for money then it's ur own fault, either lawyer up and f!ght it or deal wit it... now the baby don't have either parents and both families lost someone cause of a weak minded individual...

He could've just left her before she got pregnant and she wouldn't be able to leave wit anything, they were together for some years so he knew wat he was getting into...

Last edited by capone3pbs; 12-06-2012 at 03:41 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #7
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
space
 Jago said:
It's obvious you didn't read since the article clearly claims he was alcohol and drug dependent.

And so what if he had an obsession with guns? An obsession with guns is not why this lazy chick died.
He had accessed to them right? What, His crazy a.ss (literally) couldn't take an argument with a lazy chick lol. And I acknowledged he was a drunk, again why possess a gun?

Yea k!lling your girl and kissing ya mom is perfectly and blowing ya brains out is acceptable

Like I said she didn't deserve it, I'm glad he's not here. He coulda k!lled teammates

Last edited by Bkjj11; 12-06-2012 at 03:48 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #8
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
space
 capone3pbs said:
You fu*k heads above me are idiots... so because she wanted to bounce she has to die? :wtf: he's an Nfl player, he should've chose his gf more carefully and especially not had a child wit her if he was ever worried about a female taking his money... it's life and it happens to men everyday, females will get pregnant and then put u on child support... you don't have to be a pro player to get screwed over by a female... but if you make that mistake and have a child wit a chick who wants to just milk u for money then it's ur own fault, either lawyer up and f!ght it or deal wit it... now the baby don't have either parents and both families lost someone cause of a weak minded individual...

He could've just left her before she got pregnant and she wouldn't be able to leave wit anything, they were together for some years so he knew wat he was getting into...
Couldn't have said it any fu*kin better
 5 years ago '12        #9
thatsmygoat 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,621 | Props total: 1 1
 5 years ago '07        #10
Jago 1035 heat pts1035 OP
space
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
He had accessed to them right? What, His crazy a.ss (literally) couldn't take an argument with a lazy chick lol. And I acknowledged he was a drunk, again why possess a gun?

Yea k!lling your girl and kissing ya mom is perfectly and blowing ya brains out is acceptable

Like I said she didn't deserve it, I'm glad he's not here. He coulda k!lled teammates
Why possess a gun? Hmmm, let me think about that... maybe because it's our second amendment right to do so?

Where did I say it was acceptable for her to die? All I state was that this female wasn't worth sh*t. She was a lowlife, money grubber who couldn't handle 8 hour work weeks and was flunking out of college. That's what I stated.

It's funny that the media tried to blame it on a Trey Songz concert when, in actuality, there were obviously deeper rooted problems.
 5 years ago '12        #11
JBAL NY 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,563 | Props total: 1786 1786
even if she was after his money and all that sh*t, he shoulda just let her go and gone at her with lawyers.

she was fu*ked up if she was really goin after his money like that, but she didnt deserve to die and their child didnt deserve to grow up with no parents.
 12-06-2012, 04:23 AM         #12
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bi*ches are gold diggers...that's a fact of life bruh. Wrap that sh*t up if you ain't tryna come up out some stacks. You can't just go around k!lling people
 5 years ago '10        #13
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Shoulda just pulled a page out of the OJ playbook
 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM         #14
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of hurt dudes in this thread
 5 years ago '07        #15
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
 Windy said:
belcher was like over our dead bodies bi*ch

But I know what it's like when a woman pulls some power trip sh*t like this. It can be infuriating beyond a n*gga's comprehension. Doesn't excuse anything though. that's why I tell my sisters, even if you're gonna take half, don't tell the guy that sh*t just handle your business and he'll know once u got it.

Last edited by Jayceon; 12-06-2012 at 05:18 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #16
slipnslide85 88 heat pts88
space
space
$7,724 | Props total: 5104 5104
 Bkjj11 said:

If thats what your reaction is, also make sure to that you would have taught your daughter to keep up her end of the bargain as well: Go to her damn classes and keep her grades up; keep her own job and make her own money; be a woman of character instead of trying to scheme up on a wealthy man with the help of a legal system that HEAVILY & most of the time, unfairly favors lazy women

No one is saying she deserved to die, but at the same time, dont act like she was an innocent saint because she participated heavily into what happened.. Belcher didnt just randomly murder on some serial-killer ish: if she wasnt being a scumbag, Belcher wouldnt have had something to react to

- *AGAIN EMPHASIZING: she didnt deserve to get murdered, and that Belcher isnt innocent either
 5 years ago '04        #17
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2019 2019
 Youngin19 said:
bi*ches are gold diggers...that's a fact of life bruh. Wrap that sh*t up if you ain't tryna come up out some stacks. You can't just go around k!lling people
THIS!!!

you get in the league you risking two things:

1) Injury.. short-term or long-term

2) attracting gold-diggers

You know this.. no excuse to k!ll the girl.
 5 years ago '04        #18
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,357 | Props total: 11093 11093
Nobody put Jovan onto the game
 5 years ago '05        #19
trb_5 
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 751 751
i would have been mad enough to k!ll her...i dont think i could have k!lled her though
 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM         #20
TimmyGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She was only working 8 hours a week? Wtf is the tax on that

Talking about getting as much money as possible
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy