Former Madden developer rants on why Madden has become what it is

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
 Higgins said:
I want EA to leave
And ya will still find something to complain about reliving your glory days when ya played 2k...

I don't see what so bad about the madden...
 5 years ago '07        #42
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,850 | Props total: 2535 2535
I need that 2k football back man!

Only copped one madden cause I was thirst for a football game. Ended up trading it through Craig's for 2 games though
 5 years ago '08        #43
Kewop Decam 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$15,994 | Props total: 9782 9782
 egotistical said:
Any real football player knows this game is trash. It has so many unrealistic plays. The computer won't block for sh*t on most routes after 5 seconds.
5 seconds..... lol. GTFO
 5 years ago '08        #44
space
space
space
 Mike Nitty said:
Yall n*ggas must not watch real football. You can be in the best possible defense for a specific play and it still won't stop the play----and I'm talking real football not the game. Thing about Madden is n*ggas abuse certain plays/players...it aint the game its the person controlling the joystick on the other end being an as*hole dominating yo a.ss.

n*ggas be crying cuz zone don't work zone don't work in the NFL half the time its a bend but don't break defense scheme...you run it to force your opponent to make the mistake not to straight up force 3 and outs. Then n*ggas be crying cuz 2 man under not working 2 man is a man trail scheme...yes you have 2 safety's playing deep in zone with man everywhere else but what people fail to realize is the players playing man are actually trailing (on purpose) because of the help over the top...

I be rolling when I have my Turtle Beaches on and n*ggas be like Im in 2 man wtf...In my head like dummy I got 3-5 WR/TE's 1 of em gon get slightly open just cuz the players in man trailing---after that its on me to make the throw.

Bottom line its impossible to make the perfect football game...impossible my n*ggas. n*ggas hate on what EA not doing not even realizing they dun already pushed the bar giving you the fu*king game you got.
The problem with that play in the youtbue video is it shows you every single thing wrong with the defensive AI. On every play some is more than likely going to be open. On that play, it's messing with the crappy zone reads and man coverage reads. You see how the safety never comes up on the longest man who is the TE on the right? The safety AI in the game is so retardedly broken. Safetys don't exactly play a zone. They sit in a zone and then pick up the longest man depending on what side they're playing of if it's cover 1 and they're play the whole field. This doesn't work right in madden.

The game is so broken in so many aspects it makes it difficult to take seriously. If you dont' take it serious you can have a lot of fun though.
 5 years ago '04        #45
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17414 17414
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
n*ggas saying your bad at the game

sh*t is pure trash its not even a close simulation to football it's horrible to many exploits and bugs and that trash a.ss physics engine n*ggas better off playing nfl blitz

Being good at a game has nothing to do with it being hot a.ss
This.....
 5 years ago '08        #46
daytona500 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
 jsmooth-117 said:
keep it moving nothing to see here.

ncaa football takes a steamy sh*t on madden every day. MOVING RIGHT ALONG
right
 5 years ago '07        #47
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 Kewop Decam said:
5 seconds..... lol. GTFO
That n*gga could have said almost any other thing about sh*tty video games and it would have been true about Madden, but, no, this n*gga said "5 seconds"
 5 years ago '05        #48
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15779 15779
Madden has its issues there is no denying that, but if you want to play a NFL football game...its all we got right now
 5 years ago '06        #49
itzadirtyworld 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,542 | Props total: 972 972
 olook up said:
sounds like a lot of madden scrubs in here
people complaining mad cause they catch ELLZ all day
 5 years ago '08        #50
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,409 | Props total: 422 422
I miss football games so much. I played it when my brother picked it up. The physics are still bad. Everybody got the speed of Hermes on defense along with being so stupid (offensive too). I got football passes phasing through players into the arms of the defense or it hits the ground. I got offensive lineman spinning in circles or just standing there not blocking no one. Drop passes are a part of football I know but the numbers get in ridiculous numbers. Did they take out precision passing? Broken tackles are a joke. Like I got RB's that I think I hit but break the tackle which is cool. But once I slow motioned it these bi*ches be acting like superman. Their body rotated 45 degrees back to their feet . This is all within a couple games played.

I wish I didn't take this game serious but I love football so much. Everybody saying "you must suck at MADDEN" are either oblivious of its flaws, don't know football, or dont take it that seriously or something I don't know. Don't just knock the next man that stopped playing. I've been playing since MADDEN 96. I loved this game and was very good at it. I am mad the same flaws has been in this game for years and has been covered up with gimmicks and game modes instead of being fixed
 5 years ago '08        #51
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,409 | Props total: 422 422
 Killamike79 said:
Madden has its issues there is no denying that, but if you want to play a NFL football game...its all we got right now
That's why I played it again weeks ago but got pissed off all over again.
 5 years ago '10        #52
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2391 2391
2k14 FTW!!!
 5 years ago '07        #53
6cedric 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 27 27
I will cop Madden NFL 14
 5 years ago '04        #54
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 5231 5231
Dog madden is straight garbage. They do have dedicated sheep heads like the guy in here said you must suck at this fame. You know when a n*gga is doing moon walk instead of really walking that just turns me off makes it non realistic.
 5 years ago '08        #55
space
space
space
 rame said:
I play 2k5 and 2k8 often but not madden. EA monopolized the NFL License from other sports game industries (ie 2k sports)
Ea had no choice. Thisis the NFLs fault.
 5 years ago '09        #56
cwb 
space
space
$778 | Props total: 1 1
I was good at this years madden.. Spanked a lot of people online but it just wasn't fun anymore. When you can put a 60 speed dt in qb spy and he will chase down VICK every time the game became un playable.
 5 years ago '04        #57
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,043 | Props total: 6779 6779
expect madden 25 to look like

[pic - click to view]

03-13-2013, 12:16 PM         #58
HtownMike98 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Madden has always sucked in my opinion. NFL 2k is the greatest football franchise ever.
I wonder when the deal is over I mean they cant have the deal forever.

NOT TO MENTION NFL 2k5 and NBA 2k5 were $20.

The animations, the breakdowns of the game.

EA is a non athletic gaming company. They have no idea what a real Football, Basketball, Soccer, experience is.

So were just going to be a.ss happy because of the new physics? Ohhhh I can trip over a leg now, how realistic. On the flip side youre up by 17 and they run it back for the td in a gaping hole left by the compluters AI thats supposed to be youre teamates.

Im sorry but madden always has, and always been sorry. At least when Sega was out there were limitations to what the programers could do.
 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM         #59
HtownMike98 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ITs not really Madden....

Its EA..... for example go over to their soccer franchise. sh*t is sorry! Its so lazily put together. There are ZERO clips in halftime or before and after the games..... and the AI is always sooooo sorry.

You take a game like NBA 2k, where the formula was already set back in 05.... they dont need new physics.
 5 years ago '07        #60
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111
 sonof504 said:
It's a damn shame. It took Madden this long to finally make a game that can compete with NFL 2k5
And they still haven't yet.. 2K was about to make these mawfu*kas give up on making sports games in general... Not only was 2K5 k!lling MAdden 05 THE sh*t WAS ONLY $20...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy