50 Things You Didn't Know About Nas (Complex)

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
WCIB 111 heat pts111 OP
space
space
$25,258 | Props total: 9720 9720
 dlettern said:
That Ether line was mad cold yo. I mean, I know Super Ugly was was foul, but honestly, Jigga came off as a herb for boasting about fu*king Nas' old piece. It just made him look like a fan. Nas' line was mad personal......Thanks for the thread
Which is colder though?

This alleged line or Styles P's line about Aaliyah? Thread worthy?

5 years ago '04        #22
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,776 | Props total: 11570 11570
 dlettern said:
That Ether line was mad cold yo. I mean, I know Super Ugly was was foul, but honestly, Jigga came off as a herb for boasting about fu*king Nas' old piece. It just made him look like a fan. Nas' line was mad personal......Thanks for the thread
Exactly nobody ever points this out. This was much more different than Pac saying he fu*ked Big's wife. If he did or didn't is up for debate, but all Pac said was I fu*ked your bi*ch that night. Jay damn near had a relationship with those hoe. He was a Nas stan.

this is coming from a jay fan so shut the fu*k up.
 5 years ago '12        #23
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,311 | Props total: 3994 3994
11. He played the trumpet when he was six but his father took it away for fear it would disfigure his lips.

thats why nas is so handsome. I love this queensbridge n*gga.
 5 years ago '05        #24
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,202 | Props total: 11808 11808
I knew like half of this sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #25
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,749 | Props total: 1187 1187
When Nas retire we gon see a lot of unreleased tracks come out...or if he dies....(Knock on wood)

Then again the n*gga looks 28 so hes never gonna retire. When hes 65 he will look like jay-z looks now
 5 years ago '09        #26
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
@Minister your fan deep down
 5 years ago '10        #27
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
 skillahmang said:
Carmen Bryant was his baby Momma that fu*ked Jigga.

Great Post and Read by the way. Some interesting facts.

No wonder Swizz listens to Ether while sittin in his Beamer. Its probably the OG version.

5 years ago '04        #28
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,776 | Props total: 11570 11570
 SuppaSlick said:
When Nas retire we gon see a lot of unreleased tracks come out...or if he dies....(Knock on wood)

Then again the n*gga looks 28 so hes never gonna retire. When hes 65 he will look like jay-z looks now
Jay's like 7 Years older and looks pretty young himself.

Illuminati Water.

just playing.

5 years ago '06        #29
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 urbangatsby said:
MY GOD.....GIVE ME THAT VERSION OF ETHER

I wonder if Jigga or Bey would ever do something like that for Blue Ivy...listing your daughter as a EP on your most profitable album is pretty much a smart move by god son.....props Nas
yea man that was a "real n*gga" move right there
 5 years ago '04        #30
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 1041 1041
What he said to kelis when he first met her...smh seriously?!

Ron browz forever aint gon be sh*t after getting on the wrong side of hov... Wonder how things might have turnt out if that swizzy version ether dropped. Actually i like the thought of no "on to the next one" and "empire state of mind" ever being created in the first place... But then swizzy might not even been able to marry alicia keys without hov's illuminated blessings...

Wtf is that bout ill will dropping steamed dumbling from upstairs out the window lol... Prolly the same window next to the radiator where his mom dukes kept his a.ss handcuffed to when he was looking outside watching will get shot down
 5 years ago '05        #31
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 469 469
50. He did Illmatic's "N.Y. State of Mind" in one take.

sh*t like this just don't happen anymore.
 5 years ago '12        #32
JonNYBlake 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,883 | Props total: 3426 3426
6. The first time he met Kelis, he said, "I've been wanting to make you my wife for all these years."
 5 years ago '05        #33
WCIB 111 heat pts111 OP
space
space
$25,258 | Props total: 9720 9720
 cowlersleycowle said:
50. He did Illmatic's "N.Y. State of Mind" in one take.

sh*t like this just don't happen anymore.
Proof?
 5 years ago '11        #34
MoneyChasnMason 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,913 | Props total: 41 41
Im not really a Nas, but this is a great thread. I like hearing back stories on tracks and sh*t. Props
 5 years ago '08        #35
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17257 17257
He did Illmatic's "N.Y. State of Mind" in one take.

5 years ago '11        #36
outlaw0immortal 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,192 | Props total: 92 92
19. According to Carmen Bryant, Nas would disappear: She once found him in his "secret" Long Island apartment with pages of rhymes everywhere.

On some "a beautiful mind" type sh*t
 5 years ago '11        #37
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,094 | Props total: 1339 1339
n*ggas really dont know who carmen is? the hoe that caused all this beef between two of raps greats? ya''ll srs?
 5 years ago '05        #38
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,303 | Props total: 5495 5495
Someones gotta release the OG Swizz Beats Ether
 12-03-2012, 11:53 PM         #39
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WCIB said:
Which is colder though?

This alleged line or Styles P's line about Aaliyah? Thread worthy?

nobody wants to see that thread made for the millionth time
 5 years ago '06        #40
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 4736 4736
List was B.S. overall. If youre going to say 50 things you dont know about someone, they all need to be confirmed facts from the subject itself.

"according to prodigy,...."

[quote=WCIB;25452215]

49. He was offered and declined an audition for the lead in Save The Last Dance.(idk this)

48. His daughter Destiny is listed as an Executive Producer on Stillmatic so she can always receive royalty checks from the album.(really?! it's on the back of the CD)

43. His advance was worth $17,000 after signing with Columbia Records.

42. He used to call himself Kid Wave. (LOL I actually knew this. There was a dude from the IamNas.com forum named KidWave730. Mentioned to me that it was Nas' break dancing name)

41. "Live n*gga Rap" was originally Mobb Deep's record for Hell on Earth, but Nas bought it from them so he could use it on It Was Written. (kind of figured this. Proidgy spit that same flow again on a freestyle prior to IWW)

39. It Was Written was supposed to be produced entirely by Marley Marl, but the idea fell through when Nas heard unfinished songs on the radio.(interesting. Glad it didnt go this way)

33. Ill Will introduced Nas to Chinese food by telling him to stick a plate out his window and dropping the food from the apartment above him. (ill will prolly threw garbage out the window to with his ghetto a.ss lol RIP though)

30. He got rid of his Lexus because he wanted to get a better car than Jay-Z's.
(this n*gga nas was on some other sh*t)

29. He recorded "Ghetto Dreams" on a handheld mic rather with a traditional studio booth set-up. (OMG FANTASTIC!! #Sarcasm)

27. "Nas Is Like" almost didn't happen because DJ Premier had planned on throwing out the record with the sample on it.(thank you it didnt go that 1. 1 of my fav. songs)

20. Kelis' father was also a jazz musician who played in the same bands as Nas' father. (coincidence/life)

19. According to Carmen Bryant, Nas would disappear: She once found him in his "secret" Long Island apartment with pages of rhymes everywhere. (i actually was bored & read her book. It didnt have me looking at Nas in a good light as a father)

16. According to Prodigy, Mike Delorean from Bars-N-Hooks once had a physical f!ght with Nas at Sony Studios. (though it should of been confirmed by Nas, I did read this/heard this from various people. wasnt a f!ght. more like delorean choking Nas. Nas was high talking to Delorean like he was a littla kid. eventually delorean reacted. Nas apologized blaming it on being high ALLEDGELY)

14. Raekwon helped Nas formulate his verse for "Verbal Intercourse."
(Strange considering "DeJa Vu" exists)

1. His daughter Destiny helped him with choruses and gave him words to rap about on Stillmatic. (Destiny murdered on your on sh*t)

Minister said:
"me and a.i. had more in carmen(common)"

dey both slided that
slid?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy