Dwight Howard says desire for championship could lead him away from Lakers

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
inb4 the mid level

sike.... don't want that fu*king loser on my team, I'd rather have Bosh at C and Battier at PF
 12-04-2012, 12:36 AM         #62
nivrigawin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dwight is such a troll.
 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM         #63
godsonsince82 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
COme to the Knicks Howard
 5 years ago '07        #64
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Nets lost
 12-04-2012, 12:55 AM         #65
twt88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO at y'all LA Lakers trying to build on Dwight's fickle build on mud and wonder why the foundation crumbles a.ss

Don't make me pull up my LONG post before the NBA season started warning y'all of the very same thing y'all wondering now...

Last edited by twt88; 12-04-2012 at 12:59 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #66
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,410 | Props total: 8111 8111
at the spin job the SBnation writer did to create this article
 5 years ago '04        #67
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 1850 1850
Selfish statement... real selfish
 5 years ago '04        #68
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
I don't think he's talking about leaving LA.

Either way, he's still a bi*ch.

I hate that whole mindset of moving teams to join better teams. How about you step your own sh*t up, and push YOUR team to greatness.

But Dwight's not a leader, and Dwight is a liability in the 4th quarter, so run and create a super team instead.

I respect a n*gga like DRose way more for wanting to win with who he has, without excuses. I even respect a n*gga like Melo for wanting to play in NY for personal reasons.. or even a n*gga like Harden for running to the money. I respect ALL of that over running to a team so that it's easier to win. fu*k that. sh*t is about competition. None of this "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" bullsh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #69
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 TizOnly1 said:

I hate that whole mindset of moving teams to join better teams. How about you step your own sh*t up, and push YOUR team to greatness.

But Dwight's not a leader, and Dwight is a liability in the 4th quarter, so run and create a super team instead.

I respect a n*gga like DRose way more for wanting to win with who he has, without excuses. I even respect a n*gga like Melo for wanting to play in NY for personal reasons.. or even a n*gga like Harden for running to the money. I respect ALL of that over running to a team so that it's easier to win. fu*k that. sh*t is about competition. None of this "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" bullsh*t.
Its funny cus the bulls and knicks wont beat the heat so rings by yourself sounds like a great storyline but you end up looking like Ewing, Barkley, and Malone if you stay dolo too long. KG and Ray Allen took advantage before their window closed

Dwight is right to consider the other teams. Him and CP3 could link up or dip to Dallas and play with dirk and another max player
 5 years ago '04        #70
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
 ttime236 said:
Its funny cus the bulls and knicks wont beat the heat so rings by yourself sounds like a great storyline but you end up looking like Ewing, Barkley, and Malone if you stay dolo too long. KG and Ray Allen took advantage before their window closed

Dwight is right to consider the other teams. Him and CP3 could link up or dip to Dallas and play with dirk and another max player
It's not even necessarily about rings by yourself.

Do some recruiting. Bother the GM and owner. Lead YOUR team.

Yeah.. Chicago probably not ever gonna beat Miami how they are now. NY probably not either (barring a significant Miami injury). But this whole era of basketball champions doesn't get the same kind of respect that others did, BECAUSE everybody is running around trying to form a Dream Team, instead of manning up, and pushing their teams to new heights.

Or let's look at the Heat. Lebron went down there... but he went down to Miami as the best player in basketball.. the whole thing was still bi*ch-made.. but at least Lebron went down there, and eventually rose to the ranks of the #1 guy on that team, took over and won the chip. Cool.

What if you're Chris Bosh though? You went from being the #1 guy on your team.. bi*ched up and said "I can't get it done", then went down to Miami to be a glorified role player. He's not even seen as a driving force anymore.

That's what I think of Dwight. If the Lakers were to get a ring this year (don't count on it), it won't be because Dwight bossed up and led them. It'll be because he was just enough to compliment Kobe. That's it.

That's bi*ch sh*t, to move from being a boss of your own sh*t.. to being second or third fiddle in another man's operation, because you don't feel like you can beat that other man. Again, look at the Heat. In the whole commotion around the Heat for that first year, Wade never really got any flack, because he was seen as the coordinator. He Tony Soprano'd that whole situation. He was the boss. Being the boss is fine. Being the bi*ch isn't. Even look at the Boston situation. The Big 3 in Boston was really the Big 3. All 3 guys on equal level. I still don't really like that sh*t either, but at least nobody really bi*ched themselves to be on a winner. They all came together as equals.

And who's to say Dwight ever gets a ring? Say what you will about Karl Malone.. but I know I had a TON more respect for him while he was in Utah, that ALL got lost when he bi*ched up and went to LA to try to win, just for the homegrown Pistons to shut them the fu*k down.

Malone may not have ever won the ring.. but I guarantee that even if he did get his ring in LA that year, anybody that knows anything about basketball would STILL have had far more respect for those Stockton/Malone Utah teams, and their accomplishments, than that bullsh*t Lakers team with GP and Malone.
 5 years ago '07        #71
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
 TizOnly1 said:

The funny part is, he didn't join a better a team. He's just now playing with an elite scorer who's nearing the end of his career and can be a blackhole at times.

Outside of kobe, this laker team in general is no better than the team he had in orlando and might possibly be a bit worse. I see no real signs of the lakers getting better.
 5 years ago '12        #72
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$6,771 | Props total: 2691 2691
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
The funny part is, he didn't join a better a team. He's just now playing with an elite scorer who's nearing the end of his career and can be a blackhole at times.

Outside of kobe, this laker team in general is no better than the team he had in orlando and might possibly be a bit worse. I see no real signs of the lakers getting better.
This along with the Magic being infinitely better coached.
 5 years ago '12        #73
Trapaveli 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$6,771 | Props total: 2691 2691
 BO$$ Playa said:
damn. major thread fail.

ya'll do know that quote was about him leaving orlando for the lakers right? not leaving the lakers and finding another team. like i see only one or two people in this thread actually realized that.
It's not about the context it's about his mind state.

By the end of the year, if the Lakers continue to be the non-contender they are now, why wouldn't he follow the same logic? He'll be a free agent. Might as well move to a team where he believes he'll have a better chance of winning a ring.
 5 years ago '09        #74
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8557 8557
NBA Trade Deadline is on Thursday, February 21, 2013, at 3:00pm ET.
 5 years ago '05        #75
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30319 30319
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

basically....

the trade made zero sense for every team except denver
 5 years ago '05        #76
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30319 30319
sure wouldnt mind lopez being a laker...

all dwight does is dunk
 5 years ago '11        #77
Canquain 12 heat pts12
space
space
$324 | Props total: 2 2
Dwight headed to South Beach next season.
 5 years ago '10        #78
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,433 | Props total: 6603 6603
Ship him to Denver for a third round draft pick
 5 years ago '07        #79
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
 Trapaveli said:
This along with the Magic being infinitely better coached.
As much as I never stan I will say that he got the best out of dwight and did his best to cover his mistakes.

Watching dwight let vucevic go off in the 4th qtr like that had me saying "damn I know if he was still in orl stan wouldve bi*ched him out for not covering the paint"
 5 years ago '08        #80
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12275 12275
thought Dwight would change his hoe-ish ways once he landed in LA fu*k was I thinking.

Still not healthy so I'm not bashing his game yet....yet
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago