Dec 3 - NBC’s Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture

most viewed right now
 53
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - The FCC just killed net neutrality
77 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 25
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
avatar space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
I don't know how plausible this is but I think the only solution is to outlaw the sell of lethal ammo to the general public and only let them purchase non lethal ammo. That way the people who claim they need guns for protection will still have protection and people would be less likely to die due to a crazed individual opening fire.

 5 years ago '05        #62
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
 NoTitleSince73 said:
Gun control doesn't mean guns are illegal, it means more things to do before you can buy a gun. Big problem is people get a hold of guns, who have mental illnesses and do wild sh*t with them. Another thing is just putting in place reasonable restrictions, you don't need a 100 round magazine to hunt deer. Yes people ultimate k!ll people, but lets not make them more efficient k!llers by handing them AR-15s with 100 round drums. That sh*t is unnecessary, and the whole "guns don't k!ll people" thing is intellectually dishonest, you can apply that same logic to something like nuclear weapons, and you can see how stupid that logic sounds.
This guy

I like this.
 5 years ago '04        #63
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,607 | Props total: 4056 4056
Let me just say this , i dont think guns should be banned but it is incredibly easy to obtain them. It took me longer to buy a car than to get a gun and dont even get me started on purchasing at gun shows . The best part about all the backlash is he was paraphrasing what another journalist said and he Jason Whitlock came out clean .
 5 years ago '04        #64
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 320 320
He makes some good points though
 5 years ago '05        #65
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
 PotheadFocker said:
Without a gun you ain't doing sh*t to stop me
I got a lot of kitchen knives and a box cutter
 5 years ago '04        #66
ghengis 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 38 38

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '11        #67
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8482 8482
 ghengis said:

[pic - click to view]




Literally

 5 years ago '04        #68
Alf 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
 Mr Connoisseur said:
thats pretty ignorant, because if they werent so easy to get, gang members wouldnt have them. if you have to go through a thorough background check, take a gun safety course, then purchase a license which you have to present everytime your buy ammo, or another gun how would that hurt law abiding citizens? and your bit about protecting yourself from the gov't is just fu*king ridiculous.

america needs to have a gun policy similiar to Canada's, noone needs a fully automatic weapon, or a semi-automatic a.ssault rifle. seriously what hunter hunts with a fully auto glock, with an extended clip.

its to easy to get a gun in america, which is why so many people are murdered, when your angry with a gun you make poor decisions.
Glock's don't use clips, they use magazines.... On my way home from the library, brand new AR complete upper receiver came in the mail today! Gotta love it!
 5 years ago '07        #69
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Alf said:
Glock's don't use clips, they use magazines.... On my way home from the library, brand new AR complete upper receiver came in the mail today! Gotta love it!
What is it that we have to love?
 5 years ago '07        #70
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
its more about chemical imbalance than it is gun control
 12-03-2012, 09:13 PM         #71
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah he had no business preaching on a fu*king football broadcast. Get out of here with that dude. Do that on your own time. As far as guns, even Michael Moore said tons of guns isn't the problem. Canada has just as many guns, and astronomically less gun related crimes. The problem is the American public. We're entirely too angry, too paranoid, too crazy, too scared. At the first sign of a problem we run to the gun and unnecessarily use it. Be it to hurt others or yourself, or both. It's the psyche of the American public. Not the guns themselves. Research shows other countries have lots of guns too yet don't even come close to the amount of gun related incidents that we have. The answer isn't to regulate guns. It's to rehabilitate our national psyche, to stop this reign of fear that is paramount to our national identity. Why are we so fu*king scared of each other? When a problem surfaces, why do we immediately turn to the gun? No one trusts each other anymore. I double check all my locks every day, I'm no different than the rest of us. I live in fear of people stealing, k!lling, robbing me all the time. I'm paranoid. I don't own a gun, but even if I did, I'd still be paranoid of people gunning for mine. It's not the gun guys, it's us.
 5 years ago '07        #72
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Got Cheeve? said:
Yeah he had no business preaching on a fu*king football broadcast. Get out of here with that dude. Do that on your own time. As far as guns, even Michael Moore said tons of guns isn't the problem. Canada has just as many guns, and astronomically less gun related crimes. The problem is the American public. We're entirely too angry, too paranoid, too crazy, too scared. At the first sign of a problem we run to the gun and unnecessarily use it. Be it to hurt others or yourself, or both. It's the psyche of the American public. Not the guns themselves. Research shows other countries have lots of guns too yet don't even come close to the amount of gun related incidents that we have. The answer isn't to regulate guns. It's to rehabilitate our national psyche, to stop this reign of fear that is paramount to our national identity. Why are we so fu*king scared of each other? When a problem surfaces, why do we immediately turn to the gun? No one trusts each other anymore. I double check all my locks every day, I'm no different than the rest of us. I live in fear of people stealing, k!lling, robbing me all the time. I'm paranoid. I don't own a gun, but even if I did, I'd still be paranoid of people gunning for mine. It's not the gun guys, it's us.
Funny you mention Canada, Canada has better gun laws than we do, hence the less amount of gun crimes. And idk about numbers, but I'm willing to bet they don't have as many guns as we do.

Edit checked out gun stats, and I was right @ least per capita wise. Canada isn't even close.

[pic - click to view]



Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-03-2012 at 09:20 PM..
 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM         #73
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoTitleSince73 said:
Funny you mention Canada, Canada has better gun laws than we do, hence the less amount of gun crimes. And idk about numbers, but I'm willing to bet they don't have as many guns as we do.
Michael Moore had the numbers, they had more than America. Hunting is a way of life in Canada. It is in America too, just not on the same level. Less big game areas here than Canada. We have more plains and obviously the desert.
 5 years ago '07        #74
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Maroon_Tiger said:
it had to do with the nfl... i could understand your point if it was a trevon martin rant... but this is relavant to the nfl and america in general
exactly, especially since it was NFL related, and what better stage to get people to listen? You know how many people are prob tuned in at that time? I thought it was put and poignant, ppl just don't like what he said.
 5 years ago '07        #75
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Got Cheeve? said:
Michael Moore had the numbers, they had more than America. Hunting is a way of life in Canada. It is in America too, just not on the same level. Less big game areas here than Canada. We have more plains and obviously the desert.

[pic - click to view]


idk what numbers Michael Moore has.
 12-03-2012, 09:24 PM         #76
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Guess Moore had the raw numbers and not per capita.

Sidenote: @ Switzerland having that many guns, god damn, who knew? Lots of mountains though, I can see that.
 12-03-2012, 09:26 PM         #77
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
89 people out of 100 per capita have guns here though? Jesus christ. I don't know about all that... Out of my circle I only know of a few that have guns. My dad, my friend has a .22 rifle from when he was younger that's pretty much harmless, and my cousin, but that's it.
 5 years ago '04        #78
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 Maroon_Tiger said:
thats a bs excuse, like people said... drones exist... what if drones became part of police task forces?

even without drones.. increase the fu*k out of police taskforces and make them more available..

the "take guns away creates more criminals" is bs... criminals will always try to exist.. they're roaches..

dont you understand that legalizing guns is the reason why guns are the problem?... if they were never sold to the public, we wouldnt have the issue with them today.. now we have to listen to copout excuses about why we need them just in case...

tell that to the people in the Colorado movie theater
Criminals don't obey laws. If Belcher didn't respect the law PROHIBITING murder, why would a law prohibiting guns stop him from obtaining a gun?

Try to think logically for a second.

There have been numerous studies that show a reduction in crime rate with an increase in gun purchases. The crime rate among people who legally own their guns is MINUSCULE compared to people that illegally own them.

It's too late to try and instill a no-guns culture in the U.S. And I laugh at anyone who believes that a potential solution to all the murders that happen in the country exists.


Last edited by Prodigy; 12-03-2012 at 09:32 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #79
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Got Cheeve? said:
Guess Moore had the raw numbers and not per capita.

Sidenote: @ Switzerland having that many guns, god damn, who knew? Lots of mountains though, I can see that.
I did skim an op ed he wrote in July on huffpo. and he is partially right, he draws it back to our culture. Americans love the cowboys and Indians sh*t, be that as it may, we shouldn't just throw our hands and say oh well.
 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM         #80
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean, I agree with we need better tests so these bi-polar motherfu*kers can't just buy guns like nothing. I just think the psyche, and the fear we carry in this country is the root of the problem, and over regulating guns will help some, but won't get rid of the problem. Maybe a tactical approach utilizing both with tests for mental makeup to get guns, and a change in the way our media scares the fu*k out of us and causes us all to fear each other.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy