Chris Peterson to Arkansas?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
6913 pageviews
4 comments

USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,507 | Props total: 9858 9858
Chris Peterson to Arkansas?

[pic - click to view]

The long-awaited announcement for Arkansas fans should come Tuesday.
But don’t be surprised if there’s another smokescreen or two along the way.
As of Saturday evening, multiple sources have said that Boise State coach Chris Petersen is expected to be named the new Razorbacks coach Tuesday. Considering the Hogs will play Oklahoma in basketball that evening at Bud Walton Arena, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he could be formally introduced to the fans then after an earlier press conference for the official announcement.
That’s a.ssuming, of course, nothing changes. After the Dana Altman experience of 2007, Arkansas fans have seen just about the strangest of the strange things happen when it comes to new coaching hires. That was when the Creighton coach was hired to replace the fired Stan Heath, took the job and backed out the next day.
This one doesn’t figure to go that way.
Petersen, the 48-year-old coach of the Broncos, has compiled a gawdy 83-8 record in seven seasons at Boise (a 91.2 percent winning percentage). He took over the reins from Dan Hawkins, who accepted the Colorado job and left a team that Petersen guided to a Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma in 2006

• Petersen’s buyout is $750,000. The school’s buyout of Petersen is $250,000 per year left on the deal, plus any guaranteed money left in the deal, plus the pro-rated amount of his longevity incentive for the year he was fired. If Petersen leaves, he must do so after the end of the season, including a bowl game. The buyout applies to three kinds of jobs: FBS head coach, a.ssistant coach at a school in Boise State’s conference or a conference Boise State has contractually agreed to join; or NFL head coach.
• Petersen must provide written (or e-mail) notice at least 24 hours before interviewing for a coaching job at another college or with a professional team.

The only part that may cause some pause to Razorback fans is the leaving after a bowl game at the end of the season. The simple matter is most college coaches’ contract have that clause and most athletic directors ignore it unless the team is in a position to be in a BCS bowl game where it matters. Most bowl projections call for the Broncos to be in the MAACO Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 22.
As for the 24 hours’ notice, it really depends on if Petersen and Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long have talked directly and what exactly constitutes an interview. For full reference to that, look back at all the fancy footwork in the recent Les Miles’ smokescreen that everyone had to endure for a couple of days last week. That, quite simply, provided a distraction for Long to focus on wrapping up some final details with Petersen’s representatives.
After all, Petersen reportedly has been Long’s first choice all along. All the rest of the names and other rumblings have simply been well-placed smokescreens, according to some folks in a position to know within the UA.
The bottom line is none of that will matter.
These days, contracts in sports are simply the starting point for negotiations.
[pic - click to view]

http://www.hogcountryonline.com/?p=7955

[pic - click to view]

4 comments for "Chris Peterson to Arkansas?"

5 years ago '04        #2
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
Doubt it, but I've been wrong before
 5 years ago '10        #3
USC 79 heat pts79 OP
space
space
$21,507 | Props total: 9858 9858
Well we know his wife likes small towns, not a fan of the big city. Never been to Arkansas to know what that campus is around. I guess we'll see
 5 years ago '04        #4
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
95% of the Chris Petersen rumors to Arkansas have come from this site, which is why I also doubt it.

I hope it's not true... He's my backup plan
 5 years ago '07        #5
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Gonna wait until a more reliable/less bias source confirms this. He's passed up better opportunities in the past so this is kind of hard to believe. I do think he's bound to leave Boise soon though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
341 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy