NBA Fines Spurs $250,000

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #101
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4750 4750
i don't know about all that stuff about no one at the arena came to see Duncan and company...

I was at the arena that night and I chose that game cuz I get to watch the Heat AND Duncan, Parker, Ginobili...I can see the Heat at home any time, fu*k going to Heat vs. Bobcats or some sh*t like that...a lot of the people at the arena close to my seats were disappointed that Duncan and company weren't there...

it was still a good game though, but people at the arena were salty at first because of the lineup...
 5 years ago '08        #102
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
stern deserves to get ran over by a train.
 5 years ago '07        #103
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 304 304
What a joke
 5 years ago '06        #104
thegodfather11 4 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 13 13
Would it had still been a "disservice" if they would have won the game?

Heat's stars are still in their mid 20s, Duncan is 36 and Ginobli is 35

How many Spurs fans live in Miami? if you bought a ticket I would hope it would be to support your own team.

And btw it was a good game that came down to Ray hitting another clutch 3, so the fans that were there actually got their money's worth.

Pop has done this before so clearly this had everything to do with the network/ratings, bcuz we all know Stern gives no fu*ks about the fans
 5 years ago '07        #105
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 904 904
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

12-01-2012, 01:40 AM         #106
JRHernandez88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X_WunderKind_X said:

[pic - click to view]

and that's supposed to be fair?

sh*ts suspect, stern know what the hell he doing. Hating a.ss dude
 5 years ago '06        #107
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
pop did this sh*t last season... but they had 3 games in a row, and in general a crowded schedule with the lockout....

people are missing some points though... POP gets 2 look like a hero if the 3rd string squad beats an unmotivated heat squad If they lose he fu*ks stern in the a.ss.. no loss at the end of the day lol

POP fu*ked over manu and timmy at the end of the day... them cats want to compete and play the best comp.. It's the defending champs for christ sake... .. could of easily rested them against orlando or washington...
 5 years ago '05        #108
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,822 | Props total: 3363 3363
 ginobili 20 said:
pop did this sh*t last season... but they had 3 games in a row, and in general a crowded schedule with the lockout....

people are missing some points though... POP gets 2 look like a hero if the 3rd string squad beats an unmotivated heat squad If they lose he fu*ks stern in the a.ss.. no loss at the end of the day lol

POP fu*ked over manu and timmy at the end of the day... them cats want to compete and play the best comp.. It's the defending champs for christ sake... .. could of easily rested them against orlando or washington...
I'd rather win the Grizzlies game tbh
 5 years ago '06        #109
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 rashcobar said:
then why not sit out the big 3 against the bum a.ss wiz or orlando?.... memphis is far from a lock win anyway...could of had your cake and ate it...was pop worried about the starters getting rapped, like they did the last 2 trips to miami? . doubt it, just wanted to look like a hero and fu*k stern over probably... . who the hell rest stars against the defending champs this early in the year lol... when did this ever happen, this early in the year? still a disservice to the competitive cats on the roster anyway u cut the cake... save the pissing contest with stern POP, 2 hof cats have limited games left and wanted to play
 5 years ago '10        #110
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20667 20667
 S.TEX said:

#nofu*ksgiven
 5 years ago '05        #111
boxlefty 
space
space
space
$426 | Props total: 3 3
 rashcobar said:
So would the entire Spurs organization

This game was good for Miami, and will probably make them a better team. If they are wise, they will follow Ray Allen's lead. I am not personally fond of Ray, but he is a professional. Allen showed up to play, like he does every night, regardless of opponent. It also was invaluable for the spurs bench pop showed a lot of confidence in them
 12-01-2012, 05:30 AM         #112
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I understand both sides, but this is the only thing it should come down to. Does it go against the rules? If Stern doesn't want this to happen he has to make it a clear cut rule in black and white for all to follow, can't just be when he wants to. Pop been doing this for the last few years and nobody ever gave a fu*k until it fu*ked up the big TNT game smh Either it's a real or it's not a rule, and if it's a rule it needs to be a clear one and not some judgement call based on if the game's gonna be on national tv or not.
 5 years ago '10        #113
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 1494 1494
Ok, I think it's a little ridiculous that Stern fined them but you guys aren't really being fair.

Yes, I know Popovich *spelling?* has rested players before but out of ALL the games he choses to rest them against the champions on a nationally televised game? This was an as*hole move by Pop., let us not act like it wasn't...
 5 years ago '08        #114
40ozHenny 38 heat pts38
space
space
$3,541 | Props total: 1214 1214
This a.ssures me Stern and the league were behind the ref fixing games scandal so they could get the match ups they wanted. You cant tell a coach how to do his job and fine him for not doing what you think is best for the league to be profitable. Any REAL basketball fan understood his reasoning for resting his players and still got to see a good game between two professional basketball teams. The Spurs should appeal and take this all the way up the chain and hell maybe walk off the court a game or two in protest.
 5 years ago '06        #115
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,841 | Props total: 1754 1754
 Moony Jackson said:
the heat had a 6 road games in 9 days stretch in november, they have been getting alot of days off after that

plus we play the lakers on the last game of a 6 game road trip in january, which is also a back to back after playing golden state

the schedule is retarded but you don't see our team complaining

c'mon lets not act like the spurs and heat aren't a marquee match

people want to see duncan, parker and especially ginobli. there's alot of argentinians in south florida hes a big superstar to them
When you got old a.ss players, and your trying to win championships, Argentinians in south Florida isn't going to help. Playing the deep of a bench against the starting team and giving players a rest is just preparing for injuries. It's the regular season, and far from the playoffs. Go look at how many games they played in the last week, it's not spurs fault nba schedule is retarded. All the fans that are mad, just cuz respect the game. Pop trying to make a point, and everyone's mad. Well I got news for ya, it's not the first or the last time, and all you people in Florida its not even about you, it's about tv ratings
 5 years ago '08        #116
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,847 | Props total: 22528 22528
 SeaJaiye said:

[pic - click to view]

This sh*t always gets me im glad pop put them on the bench for fantasy basketball reason
 5 years ago '05        #117
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,822 | Props total: 3363 3363
 ginobili 20 said:
then why not sit out the big 3 against the bum a.ss wiz or orlando?.... memphis is far from a lock win anyway...could of had your cake and ate it...was pop worried about the starters getting rapped, like they did the last 2 trips to miami? . doubt it, just wanted to look like a hero and fu*k stern over probably... . who the hell rest stars against the defending champs this early in the year lol... when did this ever happen, this early in the year? still a disservice to the competitive cats on the roster anyway u cut the cake... save the pissing contest with stern POP, 2 hof cats have limited games left and wanted to play
In the bigger picture, this was the best move for the team - there's no two ways about it.

The role players got a vote of confidence by allowed an opportunity to step up against the reigning champs and gain valuable experience for post-season by being put into a pressure situation without the fallback of our starters.

This is the kind of experience that will help the role players man up come may/june like we needed them to against OKC last season.

I'm not a pop yes-man, but i fully support his man management approach this year.
 5 years ago '11        #118
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,171 | Props total: 17522 17522
 Moony Jackson said:
the heat had a 6 road games in 9 days stretch in november, they have been getting alot of days off after that

plus we play the lakers on the last game of a 6 game road trip in january, which is also a back to back after playing golden state

the schedule is retarded but you don't see our team complaining

c'mon lets not act like the spurs and heat aren't a marquee match

people want to see duncan, parker and especially ginobli. there's alot of argentinians in south florida hes a big superstar to them
it's unfair to the heat also. The difference here is, no other coach has the clout or the balls to make a a stand. This is the the most successful pro coach percentage wise of every pro sport in the past 15 yrs, every thing he does is to ensure optimal success of the franchise.

The national TV angle means absolutely nothing because the human body cannot tell the amount of TV coverage or ticket sales at a sporting event. Only if it needs rest on not.
 5 years ago '05        #119
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,339 | Props total: 3137 3137
It was a damn good move by pop. Got his bench needed experience against an elite team, the starters got rest, and they almost beat them n*ggas. The heat better step it up this year, yes they winning games but they look too relaxed at times. They don't wanna fall into that lakers/yankees "turn it on when we want to" mentality. sh*t don't always work out.

Last edited by DrDeath; 12-01-2012 at 08:18 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #120
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 1224 1224
“The result here is dictated by the totality of the facts in this case,”

what does that even mean..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy