Alex Smith: 'It sucks, I don't know what else to say'

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,544 | Props total: 201 201
 Fly 2ndComing said:
That's not who worries me in the game Sunday. But I am worried
then who does? we dont have much else, esp on D unless jenkins da gawd has a repeat of last week. Maybe our O starts clicking like it should
 5 years ago '09        #62
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12343 12343
 layzie8171 said:
then who does? we dont have much else, esp on D unless jenkins da gawd has a repeat of last week. Maybe our O starts clicking like it should
Note that the Rams have scored 20-plus points just 15 times since 2010, and four of those were against the 49ers. They have 270 yards rushing and three rushing touchdowns in their past two games against San Francisco.
 5 years ago '04        #63
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,961 | Props total: 11708 11708
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Yeah those smoke and mirrors really helped make key throws against your Lions to win last year and this year. If I need to provide more instances I will but these two should jog enough of a memory I think.
he didn't have any downfield accuracy then and he damn sure doesn't now..

but we're really bragging about beating the lions sorry a.ss defense son had 6 years to prrove if he was worth a velvet painting of a dolphin and a whale getting it on, he didn't, harbaugh masked his weaknesses just enough
 5 years ago '09        #64
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12343 12343
 torious said:
he didn't have any downfield accuracy then and he damn sure doesn't now..

but we're really bragging about beating the lions sorry a.ss defense son had 6 years to prrove if he was worth a velvet painting of a dolphin and a whale getting it on, he didn't, harbaugh masked his weaknesses just enough
Not really six years if you take away his two years for the throwing shoulder injuries, that sham of a season Singletary last coached with Jimmy Raye at the helm offensively and the year Mike Martz was allowed to bring in JT O Sullivan to be the starting QB because he knew the offense he ran the best. Nolan and Singletary didnt even let him have a QB battle

You are very familiar with both those names I know.

Before the ownership and front office was cemented with Baalke and little York running things this once proud franchise looked very Detroit Lions like. It's no coincidence Alex Smith started playing better once there was some stability and good football people in charge. I won't even get into all the terrible players we had for a while but people think magic was supposed to happen with them. Dre Bly? you remember him too I know.
 5 years ago '04        #65
jhova424 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 9 9
Brett Favre and Tom Brady both got there starting jobs because of injury This is the NFL not pee wee league

Last edited by jhova424; 11-30-2012 at 11:43 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #66
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907
 StateProperty88 said:
you dont bench the quarterback that started last years conference championship game and say it "don't matter"
unless it actually don't matter

alex smith been ballin but he's no peyton in indy. look at how stacked those fools are.
 5 years ago '04        #67
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12990 12990
It'd be smarter to start Alex Smith IMHO.
 5 years ago '05        #68
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Handled it better than I would have. He'll catch on elsewhere next season no problem. There's plenty of teams that could use a QB of his caliber. Unfortunately, we're in a league now where the "just win" game management type of QB's aren't highly sought after, but I'm sure he'll easily find a starting gig on a 2-3 year deal with a team that has a Kaepernick sitting on its bench learning.
 5 years ago '11        #69
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,190 | Props total: 17565 17565
why n*ggas acting like Kaep isnt a rookie? all rookies make mistakes, what are n*ggas gonna say when kaep has his first bad game? put alex back in?
 5 years ago '04        #70
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,961 | Props total: 11708 11708
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Not really six years if you take away his two years for the throwing shoulder injuries, that sham of a season Singletary last coached with Jimmy Raye at the helm offensively and the year Mike Martz was allowed to bring in JT O Sullivan to be the starting QB because he knew the offense he ran the best. Nolan and Singletary didnt even let him have a QB battle

You are very familiar with both those names I know.

Before the wownership and front office was cemented with Baalke and little York running things this once proud franchise looked very Detroit Lions like. It's no coincidence Alex Smith started playing better once there was some stability and good football people in charge. I won't even get into all the terrible players we had for a while but people think magic was supposed to happen with them. Dre Bly? you remember him too I know.
Direct question for you: which QB do you think is more likely to win you games and get u to the SB?

Because at this point, unless you're a rebuilding team that isn't in contention for anything but a draft pick, nothing else matters
 5 years ago '08        #71
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
if i was alex..id just come to pittsburgh..be a backup

and then wait for kap to get hurt..and he can just smile from the sidelines
 5 years ago '08        #72
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
 jhova424 said:
Brett Favre and Tom Brady , ben roethlisberger both got there starting jobs because of injury This is the NFL not pee wee league
fixed
 5 years ago '05        #73
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,312 | Props total: 270 270
after this week when the Rams Defense destroys Kap....... Alex smith will be named start again....heard it here first.
 5 years ago '09        #74
mrderrick3421 68 heat pts68
space
space
$365 | Props total: 1426 1426
 astroblack9 said:
Dude lost his job to an injury...that sh*t has to sting. Its like the one time in his life(NFL wise) that he's playing well, he has to sit down for something out of his control.
no dude lost his job because he SUCK a.ss and i cant see why ppl cant see that about him
 5 years ago '05        #75
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 X_WunderKind_X said:
why n*ggas acting like Kaep isnt a rookie? all rookies make mistakes, what are n*ggas gonna say when kaep has his first bad game? put alex back in?
He's not a rookie
 5 years ago '08        #76
Kewop Decam 79 heat pts79
space
space
space
$15,974 | Props total: 9739 9739
 astroblack9 said:
Dude lost his job to an injury...that sh*t has to sting. Its like the one time in his life(NFL wise) that he's playing well, he has to sit down for something out of his control.
What's worse is it was a concussion he admitted to. This is why players don't report concussions.

Then you got the eagles milking a bs concussion injury on Vick. I don't like this sh*t at all.
 5 years ago '05        #77
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 UniVersaceDaGr8 said:
unless it actually don't matter

alex smith been ballin but he's no peyton in indy. look at how stacked those fools are.
it does matter thats the whole point. he was balling and STILL got benched, he was the qb last year went they went to the conference championship and STILL got benched. and the guy that took his place is the guy the coach actually drafted, and moved up in the second round to get...it was a matter of time till he started, so i would say it matters
 5 years ago '07        #78
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
 regularjoe said:
It'd be smarter to start Alex Smith IMHO.
i feel the same way

dont get me wrong kaep is nice, i like watching him play more than alex smith but why not just let Alex Smith play the rest of the season and playoffs, then start kaep next year if alex smith is not their guy? They can still use kaep for wildcat and other plays too
 5 years ago '05        #79
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10785 10785
As a 49er fan this is how I feel about the whole situation. I think Colin Kapernick is better than Alex, but I still believe that Alex should be the starter for the rest of the season. You shouldn't have a QB controversy while your team has a winning record. I admit, Kaep does give our offense a totally different dimension. But as a coach, you just can't make a bad example to your players that if your starters are doing good, get hurt and back up comes along and plays well the starter loses its job. That is not a good look at all. That can affect the psyche of your players.

Don't get me wrong this is football and it's a very competitive position sport. I think Alex has experience to get the job done. We were one game away from the super bowl, not saying that Alex was the main reason cause our defense was very beastly. But Alex was playing a lot better than last year and just got hurt. Hell even Harbaugh said it himself that Alex didn't do anything wrong to lose his job he just got hurt with a concussion. I think the only way a starting QB should lose his job through injury, is if the team has a bad record and the back up comes in and turns the season around is only necessary.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 38 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 5 years ago '07        #80
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
players will no longer admit when they had a concussion
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago