Alex Smith: 'It sucks, I don't know what else to say'

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
6599 pageviews
104 comments

franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
Alex Smith: 'It sucks, I don't know what else to say'

[pic - click to view]

Alex Smith responds to benching
Link to Video

SANTA CLARA -- Quarterback Alex Smith spoke Thursday to the media for the first time since he received word from 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh that Colin Kaepernick is the team's starting quarterback.

Smith was playing the best football of his eight-year career before exiting the 49ers’ Nov. 11 game with a concussion.

In his previous eight quarters of play, Smith completed 32 of 35 passes for 385 yards with five touchdowns and one interception. He was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week in his final full game, a 24-3 win over the Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 29.

Kaepernick played well in back-to-back 49ers victories against the Chicago Bears and New Orleans. Harbaugh announced Kaepernick as the team’s starter on Wednesday.

"I mean, it sucks," Smith said. "I don't know what else to say."

Did Jim tell the two of you together?
"Yes."

Were you prepared for it?
"Yeah. I mean, for sure. I knew based off of the last couple weeks, the way things had gone, didn't know what was going to happen but I knew it was a possibility."

Is there anything you can say as far as stating your case?
"Well, I mean, I don't think talk is the place to do it. You state your case with your play, and I felt I did that. I feel like the only thing I did to lose my job was get a concussion."

Do you think this scenario would've played out two years ago, just given the attention concussions have gotten?
"I don't know. Ultimately, the doctors and me had to make that decision. I think it's a good thing that more and more is coming out about it (concussions). I don't think that's a bad thing."

You don't regret telling them you had the symptoms?
"No, I'm not looking back on that -- no, no."

Do you think this will have a stifling effect on other players coming forward?
"I don't know. It's a good question. I'm not sure. I mean, that's kind of the deal with all injuries. The thing with the concussions and the brain, I think we're going to be finding out a lot more in the years to come."

You've been through so many ups and downs in your career, how does this compare to some of the other bad moments?
"Yeah, those are all in the past. For this one, you're in it right now. This is such a great team, such a great group of guys in this locker room. There's something special going on. Yeah, it's a tough pill to swallow, for sure."

Is there any resentment to coach for making that decision?
"No resentment. No, I don't get make those decisions. That's what he gets paid to do. He's the head coach. I play football. That's what I'm going to continue to do. Continue to get ready and make the most of my next opportunity."

Are you believer in the adage that you don't lose your starting job through an injury?
"That's not something I really think about. This game is about opportunities and making the most of them, for each and every one of us and as a team, as a whole. No."

Do you think you'll be given another opportunity this year?
"I have no idea. All I can do is just prepare and be ready."

Does it make it easier or more difficult to think that the last full game you played, you were NFC Offensive Player of the Week?
"Yeah, it's tough. That's why I said you kind of state your case with your play, and I felt like I'd done that. So in that sense, it is tough."

In the past, there have been other coaches who've said, 'There's a better quarterback for the job.' The fact that's Harbaugh, and you respect his quarterback evaluation so much, does it sting even more because he's saying, 'There's another quarterback we think is better'?
"I don't know about that. It stings the most because I really feel like there's something special going on here. You sacrifice and you invest so much time. Like I said, I really feel like I hadn't done anything but get a concussion to really to facilitate this. I feel like I was playing good football."

Some people want to see you angry on the sideline. Obviously, the cameras are on you the whole time...
"Like I said, you're in the middle of it right now. Just found out a couple of days ago. So, I mean, it sucks, to be honest."

Did you get an explanation about this?
"Oh, yeah. We sat down in there and talked. It wasn't just a one-sentence thing. For sure. He explained where he was coming from and felt like it was a difficult situation but he wanted to go in this direction."

104 comments for "Alex Smith: 'It sucks, I don't know what else to say'"

5 years ago '05        #2
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8404 8404
way to be a pro alex
 5 years ago '05        #3
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
Dude lost his job to an injury...that sh*t has to sting. Its like the one time in his life(NFL wise) that he's playing well, he has to sit down for something out of his control.
 5 years ago '04        #4
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,265 | Props total: 3849 3849
Handled like a competitor and true pro. That's a tough situation.
 5 years ago '04        #5
franchise 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
way to be a pro alex
dude was bout to cry

he wasnt emotionally ready for that interview
 5 years ago '04        #6
franchise 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 astroblack9 said:
Dude lost his job to an injury...that sh*t has to sting. Its like the one time in his life(NFL wise) that he's playing well, he has to sit down for something out of his control.
nah his job got stolen, its a difference. thats life as a professionally athlete. kape stepped up and showed he was ready to be the guy that they've been grooming and already seeing in practice.
 5 years ago '05        #7
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8404 8404
 franchise said:
dude was bout to cry

he wasnt emotionally ready for that interview
it was funny as hell watching the niners/saints game last week and aikman talking about how he would openly bi*ch to the media if this happen to him
 5 years ago '04        #8
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11091 11091
Class act right there.
 5 years ago '12        #9
CM Punk 112 heat pts112
space
space
$7,334 | Props total: 1390 1390
Alex Smith lost.
 5 years ago '08        #10
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,765 | Props total: 12254 12254
My n*gga Jon Beaston earlier this year

Here’s how Newton’s teammate, Jon Beason, responded to Smith’s statement on twitter: “Alex smith, don’t hate on Cam Bc your stats would’ve gotten u cut if Peyton decided to come 2 San Fran.Truth b told..That’s after a 13-3 yr.”
Karma bi*ch....keep peoples names out yo rabbit a.ss mouth boy. Look what opening yo trap got you...replaced by a QB that was picked 3 rounds after mine I aint dissing San Fran, Alex boy made enemies in Charlotte it is what it is.
 5 years ago '04        #11
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
next interview he has will be similar to this..

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #12
Wilder GOAT 259 heat pts259
space
space
$8,706 | Props total: 2536 2536
sounds like caepernick is toppin a lotta dudes off out there in sanfran.. no homo
 5 years ago '05        #13
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
way to handle it but its the right decision i think neither one of them are better then the other but when its that close u gotta go with the younger guy
 5 years ago '10        #14
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 102 102
 King856 said:
LOL @ Karma. speaking of Karma is Beason ever gonna stay healthy ol brittle a.ss bi*ch
eagles fans shouldnt talk any trash til preseason atleast
 5 years ago '06        #15
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
The worst is yet to come, He'll be a Jet next summer sitting in East Rutherford with a gun to his head wishing he was still Kaepermuts backup.
 5 years ago '09        #16
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #17
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
 King856 said:
people keep saying he lost his job to an injury, but the truth is Kaepernick has brought a new dimension to the team. If CK stunk Alex wouldn't have lost his job, so it's not really to injury.

This is professional sports you should lose your job anytime the coach thinks someone else can do more than you. It has taken SMith 270 pass attempts to get 6 passes of 30+ yards. It has only Taken Kapernick 71 pass attempts. you do the math

you don't trade up in the 2nd round to get a QB because you think you can win a SB with Alex Smith.

And if CK was that much better than Alex he woulda already been starting. That hypocritical a.ss statement is amazing. You gonna say he didnt lose the job cuz of an injury, but he didnt lose the job til he got injured
 5 years ago '07        #18
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
fu*k, that's my quarterback

In all seriousness their is going to be a big problem with this. Usually you cannot lose your starting position to a injury and I said usually cause this happened. Now I feel if any starters across the NFL get hurt I feel as if they may try to hide it do to this Alex smith situation. It's a fu*ked up thing that has happened.
 5 years ago '07        #19
Dice City 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,357 | Props total: 2582 2582
after suffering for years with this fool he finally has to have a good season
when he gets yanked wish this would've happened during 1 of his many bad seasons
 5 years ago '05        #20
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
 Rob De Niro said:
fu*k, that's my quarterback

In all seriousness their is going to be a big problem with this. Usually you cannot lose your starting position to a injury and I said usually cause this happened. Now I feel if any starters across the NFL get hurt I feel as if they may try to hide it do to this Alex smith situation. It's a fu*ked up thing that has happened.
That's exactly what Hines Ward used to do...he even admitted to it. I wouldnt be surprised to find out thats what cut Troy's career short. Its a tough a.ss scenario for sure
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy