This SportingNews article on Colin Kaepernick seems a little you know...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
8994 pageviews
102 comments

JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
This SportingNews article on Colin Kaepernick seems a little you know...

Colin Kaepernick ushers in an inked-up NFL quarterbacking era

San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick is going to be a big-time NFL quarterback. That must make the guys in San Quentin happy.

Approximately 98.7 percent of the inmates at California’s state prison have tattoos. I don’t know that as fact, but I’ve watched enough “Lockup” to know it’s close to accurate.

I’m also pretty sure less than 1.3 percent of NFL quarterbacks have tattoos. There’s a reason for that.

NFL quarterback is the ultimate position of influence and responsibility. He is the CEO of a high-profile organization, and you don’t want your CEO to look like he just got paroled.

Now along comes Kaepernick. Since taking over for Alex Smith two games ago, he has convinced everybody in the Bay area that he’s the second coming of Steve Young.

Smith is coming back from a concussion, ushering in the attendant QB controversy. But he is looking like Wally Pipp and Kaepernick is Lou Gehrig. All I can do is look in the mirror and sigh.

Forgive me, but I suffer from tattoo-ism. I sport no ink, and I don’t want any. I know that attitude qualifies me for an AARP card, and I’ve tried to get with it.

I realize tattoos are ways to pay homage to your religion, children and motorcycle gang. I’m cool with LeBron James looking like an Etch A Sketch.

I still cringe when I go to the gym and see middle-aged women with barbed wire circling their biceps. They have bigger arms than I, so I never make fun. But I can’t shake the notion that a person’s body is a temple, and you don’t cover temples in graffiti.

For dinosaurs like me, NFL quarterbacks were our little Dutch boys. The original hero stuck his finger in the dyke to save Holland. Pro QBs were the last line of defense against the raging sea of ink. When our kids said they wanted a tattoo, we could always point to the Manning brothers.

My guess is Archie would have made Peyton throw an extra 1,000 passes before dinner if he’d come home with a tattoo. The old man knew QBs are different.

Did Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, Doug Williams or Joe Montana have arms covered in ink? Do Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers? The world will end when Tim Tebow shows up a tattoo parlor.

It’s not just a white thing, I hope. When the Panthers interviewed Cam Newton, owner Jerry Richardson popped the question.
Colin Kaepernick's tattooed arms eventually could hoist the Lombardi Trophy, so SN's David Whitley is trying to curb his tattoo-ism. (AP Photo)

“Do you have any tattoos?” he asked.

“No, sir,” Newton said. “I don’t have any.”

“We want to keep it that way,” Richardson said.

He was OK with body art on other players, including the human canvas that is Jeremy Shockey. But Newton would be the face, arms and legs of the franchise. The boss didn’t want them covered in ink lines.

“Let’s keep it that way,” he told Newton.

I realize not all NFL quarterbacks are pristine. Ben Roethlisberger has a “COURAGE” tattoo on the right side of his upper body. Smith has one honoring his Serbian heritage. They can’t be seen when the players put on their uniforms.

Then there are Michael Vick and Terrelle Pryor. Neither exactly fit the CEO image, unless your CEO has done a stretch in Leavenworth or has gotten Ohio State on probation over free tattoos.

That’s what makes Kaepernick a threat to the stereotype. By all accounts, he’s polite, hard working, humble and has never been to prison. He sounds more like a Tebow who can throw.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but it’s not hard to envision him leading the 49ers into the playoffs. If not this season, in the years to come.

His ink-covered arms will one day raise the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Imagine the impact that could have.

For one thing, Jerry Richardson would clutch his chest in horror. At the next Pro Bowl, you might spot Peyton by the pool with a Papa John’s logo on his ankle.

Sigh again.

I still think tattoo removal is going to be huge industry in the coming years. But for now, I might as well accept that Holland is probably doomed.

If you can’t draw the tattoo line at NFL quarterback, you can’t draw them anywhere.

[pic - click to view]

Colin Kaepernick ushers in an inked-up NFL quarterbacking era - NFL - Sporting News

Last edited by JFamis; 11-29-2012 at 04:28 PM..

102 comments for "This SportingNews article on Colin Kaepernick seems a little you know..."

5 years ago '04        #2
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,472 | Props total: 16288 16288

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #3
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,986 | Props total: 10684 10684
Kaep need to hit that cardio...
 5 years ago '04        #4
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
 Windy said:
i noticed that too tho

ive never seen an nfl qb tatted up like that before, normally qbs are told to stay away from piercings and tattoos.

your the face of a multi-million (billion for some teams) dollar company, you cant be looking like a gang member.
Word... But the article starts off all kinds of racist

Don't talk about my quarterback like that
 5 years ago '10        #5
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #6
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
man i couldnt even finish that sh*t after
this

I realize tattoos are ways to pay homage to your religion, children and motorcycle gang. I’m cool with LeBron James looking like an Etch A Sketch.

i hate it has to be said but its a white man world

an the sh*t pisses me off
 5 years ago '10        #7
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
no way article wasn't written by a octogenarian
 5 years ago '09        #8
Jet Jagu4r 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 118 118
 dman 4901 said:
man i couldnt even finish that sh*t after
this

i hate it has to be said but its a white man world

an the sh*t pisses me off
I'd say majority of white kids I know are covered in sleeves/or head to toe in tattoos.....
 5 years ago '04        #9
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
powerful article
 5 years ago '12        #10
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 Jet Jagu4r said:
I'd say majority of white kids I know are covered in sleeves/or head to toe in tattoos.....
word but this dude that wrote this is hella disrespectful an stupid
 5 years ago '05        #11
youngt22 98 heat pts98
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 757 757
This article would hold a lot of weight if it was the 1950's and Johnny U was the face of the league. Man get the fu*k out of here with that it's 2012 who cares! All I know is the guy is playing his a.ss of right now and has tons of talent that's all that matters not how many tats he has.
 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM         #12
ScarlosSantana 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ignorant
 5 years ago '05        #13
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,696 | Props total: 2444 2444
Who Cares
 5 years ago '08        #14
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4837 4837
Started off as something I thought was gonna be a pretty racist article, but as he went on, he made somewhat of a point and didn't come off too bad.
 5 years ago '10        #15
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,766 | Props total: 7335 7335
Vick is tatted up too .. he's just too dark to see em
 5 years ago '08        #16
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,074 | Props total: 2280 2280
Terrell pryor is all tatted up.

too bad chris anderson isn't a qb

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #17
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 ChickzNKickz said:
Kaep need to hit that cardio...
old pic

before this season

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #18
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
he def has a bigger body than I a.ssumed
 5 years ago '09        #19
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,084 | Props total: 1820 1820
Then there are Michael Vick and Terrelle Pryor. Neither exactly fit the CEO image, unless your CEO has done a stretch in Leavenworth or has gotten Ohio State on probation over free tattoos.

That’s what makes Kaepernick a threat to the stereotype. By all accounts, he’s polite, hard working, humble and has never been to prison. He sounds more like a Tebow who can throw.

This mothafucca...
 5 years ago '10        #20
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
Kluwe goin in on this dumbass
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago