8 Movie Sequels Actually on Track for 2015-16

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
6285 pageviews
39 comments

blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
8 Movie Sequels Actually on Track for 2015-16

1. Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)

There’s already a tentative release date: March 18, 2016. According to the Los Angeles Times, in a first for any Hollywood animated feature film, this new installment will be made in China as a co-production. It’s too soon to know what Chinese animation will add, as Oriental DreamWorks only launched this past February. The deal allows the studio to take 50 percent of box-office ticket sales in China compared with the typical 25 percent for foreign films there. However, worldwide distribution of the film isn’t expected until 2017.

2. Finding Nemo 2 (2016)

This summer, the rumors turned into an inevitability when Nemo director Andrew Stanton confirmed that he’d be returning to the depths of the ocean for a sequel to the hit 2003 film. Stanton has won Academy Awards for the first Nemo and Wall-E, but after his live-action blockbuster John Carter flopped, Stanton opted to return to his bread and butter in the animation studio. The news only added fuel to existing speculation that Pixar may order more installments from other perennial winners like Toy Story, Wall-E, and Up. After the re-release of the first Nemo in 3D earlier this year, there’s clearly a built-in audience counting down the days until 2016.

3. How to Train Your Dragon 3 (2016)

Confused, because you don’t recall the second one coming out? That’s because the first sequel to the massively successful How to Train Your Dragon is slated to open on June 20, 2014. And the DreamWorks team is so confident that it will also be a smash hit that a third film is already on the schedule. It makes sense once you consider that the series was thought of as a trilogy. Director Dean DeBlois is reportedly on board with the plan. DreamWorks’ full schedule shows that it plans to release three to four movies each year over the next few years, with its core mission being to keep the winning franchises fresh in people’s minds in hopes of selling large amounts of licensed merchandise along the way.

4. The Avengers 2 (2015)

Marvel Studios announced in August that the next film in the franchise will come on May 1, 2015. During the interim, fans will get more films based on their favorite characters: Iron Man (May 2013), Thor (Fall 2013), and Captain America (Spring 2014). It’ll be up to writer/director Joss Whedon to weave together all those storylines—but if the first Avengers film was any indication, he’s up to the task. But some fans believe the final release date could get pushed off as a result of the additional work involved. Stay tuned.

5. Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

When Disney acquired Lucasfilm earlier this month, it announced that it plans to make more Star Wars films—and fans went wild. The first film is slated for a 2015 release. No director has been chosen for the project as of yet, but according to reports, “Screenwriter Michael Arndt ‘has already written a treatment for the next three Star Wars films and is in line to write the script for Episode VII.’”

6. Avatar 2 (2015)

Originally, Fox executives hoped to have this sequel open in 2014, but the release date has been pushed back to 2015. Maybe it’s taking so long because director James Cameron is reportedly filming both the second and third films at once. As of this summer, Cameron was still working on the script and hadn’t begun shooting. What’s clear, though, is that Cameron has some new tricks up his sleeve. “We can have Chinese Na’vi; [and in the live-action sequences] we can also have Chinese actors who speak English in the film,” Cameron said in September. “We are projecting a future in Avatar, and if you project that future out, it is logical that there would be a number of Chinese amongst the contingent on Pandora.”

7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (2015)

Francis Lawrence, currently directing The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (due out November 2013), recently agreed to helm the rest of the series. Lionsgate split the final novel into two parts; the first half hits theaters November 2014, and Part 2 is set for November 20, 2015. It seems like a good strategy after the first installment grossed nearly $700 million worldwide.

8. Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015)

Sony Pictures Animation confirms that a sequel to Hotel Transylvania has been ordered and is scheduled for release on September 25, 2015. Since the news came down just two weeks ago, very little else is known, even whether director Genndy Tartakovsky is attached to the project. It’s another good example about how money talks in Hollywood. According to one writer at MTV, “It wasn’t received especially well by critics, but it broke the September box office slump and that’s all that counts.”

Read the full text here:
[pic - click to view]

Forget <em>Wayne’s World 3</em>: 8 Movie Sequels Actually on Track forÂ*2015-16 - Mental Floss
--brought to you by mental_floss!

39 comments for "8 Movie Sequels Actually on Track for 2015-16"

5 years ago '12        #2
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
I'm not seeing any of this sh*t... Besides maybe Kung Fu Panda, Finding Nemo, How to Train Your Dragon, The Avengers, Star Wars, Avatar, The Hunger Games and Hotel Transylvania...
 5 years ago '12        #3
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,631 | Props total: 2142 2142
 Nest said:
I'm not seeing any of this sh*t... Besides maybe Kung Fu Panda, Finding Nemo, How to Train Your Dragon, The Avengers, Star Wars, Avatar, The Hunger Games and Hotel Transylvania...
 5 years ago '06        #4
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 8925 8925
fu*king yawn n*ggas treating movies like cell phones.
 5 years ago '05        #5
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 Special Edd said:
 5 years ago '12        #6
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,860 | Props total: 22204 22204
I'm going to be fu*king dead before I get to see Finding Nemo 2 :(.
 5 years ago '06        #7
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
Finding Nemo 2 and Avengers 2 are the only two that I wanna see Avatar 2 maybe.
 5 years ago '10        #8
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Special Edd said:
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

Meaning that they keep putting out these unnecessary follow-ups just to squeeze out some extra money from the consumer, but they never really change much anymore.

Like how Apple will put out a new iPhone every year, even if they don't change much. But they will do it, just because they know people will buy it and they can make a quick flip.

That's how they treating movies now.

--

I miss the days where you could have a good movie and a sh*tty sequel wasn't demanded.

Anything that makes a little bit of money these days, the studio immediately demands a sequel.

Im not Anti-sequel. There are a lot of films where sequels are necessary and are dope too. It just seems like its so much more financially driven than ever now.

Like if "Titanic" came out today, the studio would immediately demand a prequel or sequel.

Same would be the case with "Citizen Kane" or "Cassablanca"

I miss when Hollywood was run by filmmakers and not greedy suits. When you could just have a movie come out and be successful and then go on to develop a NEW idea after.
 5 years ago '05        #9
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242 OP
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
 TheMindOf said:
Meaning that they keep putting out these unnecessary follow-ups just to squeeze out some extra money from the consumer, but they never really change much anymore.

Like how Apple will put out a new iPhone every year, even if they don't change much. But they will do it, just because they know people will buy it and they can make a quick flip.

--

I miss the days where you could have a good movie and a sh*tty sequel wasn't demanded.

Anything that makes a little bit of money these days, the studio immediately demands a sequel.

Im not Anti-sequel. There are a lot of films where sequels are necessary and are dope too. It just seems like its so much more financially driven than ever now.

Like if "Titanic" came out today, the studio would immediately demand a prequel or sequel.

I miss when Hollywood was run by filmmakers and not greedy suits. When you could just have a movie come out and be successful and then go on to develop a NEW idea after.
 5 years ago '12        #10
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 TheMindOf said:

--

Cinema God... is that you???

5 years ago '06        #11
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Bout time nemo
 5 years ago '05        #12
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,166 | Props total: 959 959
 Nest said:
 5 years ago '09        #13
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1147 1147
No bad boys 3
 5 years ago '10        #14
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 Nest said:
 5 years ago '10        #15
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 TheMindOf said:

--

Agreed, but fu*k that. Im gonna see some of this sh*t. Maybe not all this sh*t is work seeing but a few are.
 5 years ago '05        #16
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 TheMindOf said:

--

No, I got his point, I just think it's a stupid one.

Who cares that movies are having sequels come out? A sequel in no way diminishes the original movie, even if the sequel is complete trash. And most of the sequels on the list were planned sequels/trilogy's before the first one even came out. It's really not that serious. There are countless classics that come out these days that make a k!lling that don't go on to have a sequel.
 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM         #17
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When these n*ggas gonna get on that ridd!ck movie? I'm tryin to see the underverse n*gga.
 5 years ago '09        #18
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
 Special Edd said:
i like squels that continue on the story with the same actors...
 5 years ago '04        #19
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
i didn't even know there was a How to Train Your Dragon 2.

should just let nemo alone.

everything else was going to have a sequel anyway(except for hotel transylvania i don't know anything about that)
 5 years ago '11        #20
indagame 20 heat pts20
space
space
$8,484 | Props total: 6347 6347
 TheMindOf said:

--

my brother, cousins and i were talking about this same topic like a week ago. And this is how i felt
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy