Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reportedly “Solidifying” Deal To Play ‘Batman’ In JUSTICE LEAGUE

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #61
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 Krazie said:
No, I'm aware. I thought Gordon-Levitt was pretty short which is what I was really getting at, but apparently he's only 2 inches shorter than Bale.
Tom Hardy is like 5'8 and they made Bane tower over Batman.

Tom Cruise is 5'6" and he's shot to look taller. Height is the easiest thing to manipulate in the lens and frame.
 5 years ago '11        #62
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 Travi$ said:
But Marvel Movies > DC Movies

That's how it is as of NOW

...true.

But that's because Marvel got their own studio to produce movies, therefore has total control on what to put or not on their movies.

Unlike DC Comics who has bi*ch-made Warner Bros at their neck
 5 years ago '04        #63
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
Um so batman is not bruce wayne in the first JLA movie and yall are okay with this?

I liked Nolan's batman just as much as the next but yall are drinking the kool-aid now, plus am I the only one that remember reading that in the Nolan'verse Superman etc weren't real?

THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA?
 11-28-2012, 11:11 AM         #64
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 walker2781 said:
damn first good thing I heard about this Justice League sh*t. They said it was rumored to be two people from Nolanvirse thats in talks to be on board the JL movie. I have no idea who or what the other person could be playing. I really dont mind the idea of JGL taking up the Batman mantel or nightwing. Like somebody said before JGL would be a good fit for the Batman Beyond, that suit would be better for him to hold his own with people with actual powers an sh*t. Good move for WB.
Batman Beyond
 5 years ago '11        #65
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 8817 8817
The dudes hating on JGL need to see 50/50

like now
 5 years ago '11        #66
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
I highly doubt this will happen if anything I can see him playing Nightwing especially if they are going to reboot the Batman franchise after the JL movie. I can't see them making a Justice League movie without Bruce Wayne as Batman it doesn't make sense especially since he's one of the founding members of it.
 5 years ago '04        #67
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 whouthinkitis said:
I can't see them making a Justice League movie without Bruce Wayne as Batman it doesn't make sense especially since he's one of the founding members of it.
THANK YOU!!! there are some things you can change in comic book lore but not this batman has to be bruce wayne

and this is coming from a JGL fan been on for a long time 3rd rock from the sun, 10 things I hate about you, Brick etc way before inception and DKR he was that n*gga

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 11-28-2012 at 11:29 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #68
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 Ra-da-god said:
THANK YOU!!! there are some things you can change in comic book lore but not this batman has to be bruce wayne

and this is coming from a JGL fan been on for a long time 3rd rock from the sun, 10 things I hate about you, Brick etc way before inception and DKR he was that n*gga
Exactly what I brought up about Bruce Wayne on page 2. It would be horribly wrong if they dont have him. I dont care if christian bale doesnt play batman. Get somebody else. But he HAS to be Bruce Wayne.
 5 years ago '11        #69
space
space
 Nest said:
Exactly what I brought up about Bruce Wayne on page 2. It would be horribly wrong if they dont have him. I dont care if christian bale doesnt play batman. Get somebody else. But he HAS to be Bruce Wayne.
Agreed. They should just leave Nolan's Batman universe alone altogether and leave it at TDKR and reboot and find another actor to play Batman in JLA or in future Batman solo movie installments.
 5 years ago '09        #70
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19388 19388
 5 years ago '12        #71
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 whouthinkitis said:
Agreed. They should just leave Nolan's Batman universe alone altogether and leave it at TDKR and reboot and find another actor to play Batman in JLA or in future Batman solo movie installments.
I could have sworn he said his batman universe was its own thing too. So it would make sense if they just get a new actor to play Bruce. I honestly feel like they dont care about these movies and just want a way to cash in on all the Avengers hype
 5 years ago '09        #72
JustInCreadible 7 heat pts
space
space
$367 | Props total: 19 19
Robin who becomes nightwing at 18 eventually becomes batman before bruce wayne and his son come back.... i believe
 5 years ago '12        #73
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 JustInCreadible said:
Robin who becomes nightwing at 18 eventually becomes batman before bruce wayne and his son come back.... i believe
Yeah but Robin didnt start no JLA

Now that I think about it... its gonna be weird seeing Batman f!ght some SUPER villains. It's one thing watching him in Nolanverse because these characters are so grounded and made to be realistic but imagining him f!ghting some aliens...
 5 years ago '11        #74
space
space
 Nest said:
I could have sworn he said his batman universe was its own thing too. So it would make sense if they just get a new actor to play Bruce. I honestly feel like they dont care about these movies and just want a way to cash in on all the Avengers hype
That's all it is...
 5 years ago '12        #75
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 whouthinkitis said:
That's all it is...
Its a damn shame but cant blame them. Money is money.
 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM         #76
shawnpo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Kind of. Yesterday, the interwebs threw the rumor signal into the sky as Hitfix claimed with "absolute certainty" that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be the new Batman in "Justice League." But 24 hours later, that word hasn't panned out.

Hollywood.com chased down the actor's reps who "have refuted the rumor entirely." Now, some people are going to say that of course nothing is going to be confirmed until Warner Bros. is good and ready to make an announcement. But really, this didn't make much sense to begin with. "The Dark Knight Rises" makes it clear that JGL is Robin, so turning him into Batman seemed a bit...odd (though yes, the end of 'Rises' does suggest he steps in to replace Bruce Wayne in f!ghting crime).

Moreover, if Warner Bros. wanted to p!ss off Christopher Nolan, this would be a good way to do it. As we said yesterday, the director has gone out of his way to keep his Batman films self contained and outside of any other DC Comics franchise. So it seemed a bit bizarre that Warners would tie a very loose thread between "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Justice League" for no other reason than because they can.

We think the smart money is on Warner Bros. using "Justice League" to launch Batman (and all those other heroes) all over again, instead of trying to hang on to the success of Nolan's closed trilogy. Now, could the studio have talked about it? Sure. They'd probably love to continue the Nolan movies if they could, but he has pretty much moved on. Could we see a tie between "Man Of Steel" and "Justice League"? That is certainly way more plausible and makes a lot more sense.

Anyway, one rumor down, but we're sure another will crop up soon enough to get us all speculating once again. [via Total Film]
 5 years ago '12        #77
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 shawnpo said:
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Kind of. Yesterday, the interwebs threw the rumor signal into the sky as Hitfix claimed with "absolute certainty" that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be the new Batman in "Justice League." But 24 hours later, that word hasn't panned out.

Hollywood.com chased down the actor's reps who "have refuted the rumor entirely." Now, some people are going to say that of course nothing is going to be confirmed until Warner Bros. is good and ready to make an announcement. But really, this didn't make much sense to begin with. "The Dark Knight Rises" makes it clear that JGL is Robin, so turning him into Batman seemed a bit...odd (though yes, the end of 'Rises' does suggest he steps in to replace Bruce Wayne in f!ghting crime).

Moreover, if Warner Bros. wanted to p!ss off Christopher Nolan, this would be a good way to do it. As we said yesterday, the director has gone out of his way to keep his Batman films self contained and outside of any other DC Comics franchise. So it seemed a bit bizarre that Warners would tie a very loose thread between "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Justice League" for no other reason than because they can.

We think the smart money is on Warner Bros. using "Justice League" to launch Batman (and all those other heroes) all over again, instead of trying to hang on to the success of Nolan's closed trilogy. Now, could the studio have talked about it? Sure. They'd probably love to continue the Nolan movies if they could, but he has pretty much moved on. Could we see a tie between "Man Of Steel" and "Justice League"? That is certainly way more plausible and makes a lot more sense.

Anyway, one rumor down, but we're sure another will crop up soon enough to get us all speculating once again. [via Total Film]
I never treated it as anything other than a rumor. Many of the post in here are what our feelings would be IF it did happen to become more than a rumor.

But still... who the hell is gonna play Batman in JLA now?
 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM         #78
sym007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They should definitely continue Nolanverse and have Nolan as an executive producer. I believe the other person they're looking to obtain is Michael Caine or Morgan Freeman. Everyone thinks that JGL would make a good fit as Nightwing. At the end of TDKR, we know that Wayne gave Blake coordinates to the Batcave but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's for him to take on the 'Cowl'. What if... Wayne had thought of an idea to have more than one person to take on the role of defending Gotham and had decided to pass his legacy onto multiple people that he felt can do the job. Behind the scenes, Wayne could have offered someone else the 'Cowl' that we didn't know about and the next installment could introduce him. Let's say.... when Blake walks into the Batcave, someone is already there who was following the same coordinates as Blake was. They could also bring in Oracle and a Robin if they wanted to. It would be more of a team-based movie rather than solely on Batman.
 11-28-2012, 01:08 PM         #79
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's to boyish to play batman

you need a man...Michael Keaton was the sh*t because he was rough looking and had that "what a fu*kin jerk" quality, Bale had it to

JGL just seems like a soft dude, way to nice and shy
 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM         #80
shawnpo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
198 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Deranged Serial Killer Stories Most People Don't Know About
32 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy