The Underachiever Bowl: MNF (Carolina Panthers @ Philadelphia Eagles)

most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
8901 pageviews
515 comments

Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
The Underachiever Bowl: MNF (Carolina Panthers @ Philadelphia Eagles)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

@

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Not that the woes of Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles have been flying under the radar, but now things could turn uglier as they come under the national spotlight.

A potentially hostile home crowd awaits them Monday night with the Eagles mired in the longest losing streak of Reid's tenure -- which appears to be nearing an end -- as they face the Carolina Panthers in a matchup of the NFC's worst teams.

While Carolina (2-8) owning the conference's worst record may be somewhat surprising, it's more shocking Philadelphia (3-7) has sunk so far after going into this fall considered by many a Super Bowl contender. That certainly remained the case after the Eagles were 3-1 following a win over the defending champion New York Giants, but they have since lost six in a row -- the last four by at least 13 points.

"I don't know how it can get much worse," tight end Brent Celek said. "It makes me sick."

This is the most consecutive defeats in a single season for the franchise since dropping its final seven games of 1994, five years before Reid took over the reins.

"I know we're letting the fans down and the city down," Reid said. "I completely understand that. I completely understand how they feel on this. I feel it from the football team, our coaches and players. There are no excuses for it."

Considering the high expectations entering this season, particularly after owner Jeffrey Lurie said another 8-8 season like last year would be "unacceptable," Reid's departure by season's end appears to be a near certainty. Late in the Eagles' last home game -- a 38-23 defeat to archrival Dallas on Nov. 11 -- fans behind the Cowboys' bench unrolled a banner that read, "Andy, Quit, Your Team Has!"

Reid made it clear earlier this week that he won't resign.

"I think that'd be a cop-out," he said. "That's not how I see things. That's not the way I'm wired. We're going to keep battling and do it as a team. I'm not going to tell the guys one thing and then do the other."

The animosity toward Reid in Philadelphia only grew last Sunday, but not just because the team lost 31-6 at Washington. Reid let LeSean McCoy carry the ball in the final two minutes of a game that was out of hand, and the star runner suffered a concussion that will keep him out of this game.

McCoy sitting out will give Bryce Brown his first start since his senior year of high school in 2009, and fellow rookie Nick Foles will make a second straight start in place of Vick, concussed in the loss to Dallas.

Foles threw interceptions on Philadelphia's first two possessions last Sunday and finished 21 of 46 for 204 yards. He was sacked four times behind an injury-plagued offensive line which has surrendered 33, third-most in the NFL entering Week 12.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera was Reid's linebackers coach from 1999-2003 and also could be on the way out. Even Rivera said this week he didn't know if he'll keep his job beyond this season based on recent conversations with team owner Jerry Richardson.

"You can't worry about who is going to go and who is going to stay. That is for the front office to decide," defensive end Charles Johnson said. "But I'm going to f!ght with coach until the end. No matter what he does I'm going to ride with him."

Six of the Panthers' losses have been by six points or fewer, and they've led in the fourth quarter in four of them. They blew an 11-point lead in the final five minutes of regulation last Sunday in a 27-21 overtime loss to Tampa Bay.

"It's tough when you lose (because) things aren't as good as they are when you win, obviously," said Rivera, imageimageimageimage8-18 as Carolina's coach. "Food doesn't taste right. It's difficult to communicate with people looking them in the eye and talking to them."

Quarterback Cam Newton said close losses have been "the story of the season." The former Heisman Trophy winner has thrown for nine touchdowns and rushed for four after combining for 35 as a rookie last season.

Newton now faces an Eagles pass defense which has allowed a combined 143.6 passer rating over the past four weeks, surrendering 11 touchdown passes and making no interceptions.

The Panthers have lost all three meetings since winning at Philadelphia in the 2004 NFC championship game.

515 comments for "The Underachiever Bowl: MNF (Carolina Panthers @ Philadelphia Eagles)"

5 years ago '07        #2
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
the eagles are underachieving...the panthers just suck
 5 years ago '08        #3
Tecnique 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
So you just gonna come in my MNF thread and shut it down after one post?

I see how it is
 5 years ago '07        #4
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 Tecnique said:

I see how it is
you're lucky i didn't burn your village or r*pe your women
 5 years ago '07        #5
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 1137 1137
This is where we start our drive to 8-8

5 years ago '08        #6
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12601 12601

Foles the gawd shall prosper

If not that crowd will be hilarious tomorrow night

Reid must go!!!!
 5 years ago '07        #7
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM         #8
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 moe4484 said:
This is where we start our drive to 8-8

why would you wanna finish 8-8 at this point
 5 years ago '05        #9
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,925 | Props total: 11287 11287
Only thing I have to look forward to is DJack getting some long TDs. Other than that, this season is destroyed. I think Vick and Shady could probably go if the games meant something, but they should just rest the rest of the year. This is going to be ugly.
 5 years ago '10        #10
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,197 | Props total: 15735 15735
We abt to get this work

No Vick

No Mccoy

worst secondary in the NFL
 5 years ago '08        #11
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,775 | Props total: 12277 12277
 Pistol Peter said:
 Tecnique said:

I see how it is
Naw bruh, he got long standing beef wit me...the Panthers dig was to bring me out...im here n*gga boss up now. Come here Patricia
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #12
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
Battle for a top 5 draft pick!
 5 years ago '05        #13
Con-Con 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,147 | Props total: 34 34
At this point, I'm not really feeling us winning the last 6. If we did and happened to somehow sneak into the postseason, it might make Lurie want to bring Andy back.
 5 years ago '05        #14
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,925 | Props total: 11287 11287
Winning the last 6??
 5 years ago '05        #15
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,392 | Props total: 8069 8069
bum f!ghts monday edition
 5 years ago '09        #16
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,662 | Props total: 2782 2782
Foles gets his 1st win as a NFL QB, everyone will throw Vick under the bus, race wars will start, but Eagles Defense will find a way to beat a bad Panthers team. Newton will play good, but not good enough. Eagles 24 Panthers 21.
 5 years ago '08        #17
Tecnique 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
God damn I never thought I would say this but Im looking forward to the Bobcats game more than the god damn Panthers game

Really dont wanna watch us get embarassed on national tv for the second time this year
 11-26-2012, 05:04 PM         #18
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
last time Philadelphia saw a victory it was the phillies
 11-26-2012, 05:04 PM         #19
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's a game on tonight?
 5 years ago '07        #20
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 1137 1137
 Tha Problum said:
last time Philadelphia saw a victory it was the phillies
So you really gonna use the same post/joke in both the game threads? You disappointed because noone was amused by the post in the other thread so you thought maybe it would get you some laughs in this one???? fu*k outta here
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy