Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '05        #101
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
 Darkdrone said:
I never said it was a bad degree I think it is a great degree but there is too many people doing finance degrees for the market. It is oversaturated right now and only the best people will be hand picked leaving very few winners and a whole lot of losers. Compared to other degrees where you come from a decent school and have a good degree you will be set.

Reminds me of law of school and how we have too many lawyers.
disagree. i think bio degrees are over-saturated.
 5 years ago '06        #102
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 egotistical said:
I really hate referring to articles when it comes to job numbers and graduating salaries. Most of the time those sh*ts are extremely bogus. Like you really thinking you going to make 38k out of college with an Art History degree. Construction 53k starting I can't...

Last thing I am posting in this thread like I said it all comes down to three things: internships, budgeting, networking. Is college the best thing since slice bread no. Can you learn some good things, YES. Can you major in anything depends, do you have connections or experience already. Also, I want to say one last thing some of you muthafu*kers come in this thread and act like it's just the easiest thing to start a business and be success. The chances of being successful with a business is extremely small.

my man
 5 years ago '06        #103
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,381 | Props total: 4662 4662
There's good reasons for both sides...

Someone mentioned priorities...and I think that what it should come down to.

What kind of QUALITY of life do you want?

How much money are you willing to compromise for something you enjoy doing? Do you even have to compromise in the first place?

Are you chasing dollars or fulfillment and happiness? These are questions I think will help you decide what path to take. Then it doesn't become about whether college is 'worth it' or not, but is that the road that will take you to where you want to be.

And how loyal can you be to pursuing your dreams? Some of you might be mistakenly confusing other people's dreams for yours.
 12-25-2012, 12:03 PM         #104
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
disagree. i think bio degrees are over-saturated.
Of course you would disagree I chose to attack your degree.

A grand smh
 5 years ago '04        #105
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 1480 1480
 DominicanLou said:
There's good reasons for both sides...

Someone mentioned priorities...and I think that what it should come down to.

What kind of QUALITY of life do you want?

How much money are you willing to compromise for something you enjoy doing? Do you even have to compromise in the first place?

Are you chasing dollars or fulfillment and happiness? These are questions I think will help you decide what path to take. Then it doesn't become about whether college is 'worth it' or not, but is that the road that will take you to where you want to be.

And how loyal can you be to pursuing your dreams? Some of you might be mistakenly confusing other people's dreams for yours.
This is good sh*t.
 5 years ago '10        #106
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
when youre that age maybe not having a college education is okay but certainly not anymore.. where are they hiring full time, 19 year olds fresh out of high school, and im talking career jobs.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy