Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.

most viewed right now
 116
Quotables from "Views"
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 98
Image(s) inside People on this island kill anyone that comes ashore
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 98
Drake's "Views" out now on Apple Music
225 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 75
NBA Report: Dwight Howard frustrated at lack of respect from James Harden
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #1
5965 pageviews
108 comments


mr_underground|m 1192 heat pts1192
space
avatar space
space
$19,022 | Props total: 2958 2958
Is a college degree worth the cost? You decide.
 

 

[video - click to view]


top in section
 27
109 comments
top in hiphop
top in section
 28
12 comments
top in misc
top in section
 30
25 comments
top in wild'ish

 

 
 
 
 3 years ago '10        #2
stizz44 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$1,209 | Props total: 85 85
If could do it all over again, I'd work for a property management company right after high school doing some low level job learning the business and have the company pay for my college classes. I woulda stayed at home and stacked reinvested my money into income properties and started building wealth at age 25 instead of age 30.

But I guess everything happens for a reason, I went to college and graduated in 2004. And if I invested in properties during those years I'd be underwater and on the verge of foreclosure, cuz 2004-2006 was the peak of the market and properties back then were VASTLY over priced!
 
 3 years ago '12        #3
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
avatar space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 83 83
Hell fu*king nooooo

Get a mothafuggin scholarship.

College has been shifting to a cuttthroat money making business;

I hope more and more ppl have successful careers without college, so they dont have to tell kids that college is the only way out

fu*k dat student loans and debt bs obama where is our bailout?!?
 
 3 years ago '04        #4
Silver N Black 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$26,623 | Props total: 30 30
bish in the devil suit can get the D
 
 3 years ago '10        #5
ColeWorld 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$10,097 | Props total: 323 323
That bi*ch is s3xy!

But college is a fu*king scam now but you
Gotta do what you gotta do to increase wealth potential
 
 3 years ago '04        #6
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$13,667 | Props total: 19 19
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?


Last edited by Venom; 11-23-2012 at 02:50 PM..
 
 3 years ago '04        #7
Silver N Black 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$26,623 | Props total: 30 30
 Venom said:
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolotuion in biology? art?


think those chinese/indian kids fu*king with those degrees? fu*k nah, their parents would probably have them k!lled or some sh*t
 
 3 years ago '11        #8
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,110 | Props total: 119 119
 Venom said:
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.


Last edited by xo xo xo; 11-23-2012 at 03:05 PM..
 
 11-23-2012, 03:40 PM         #9
Pat McGroin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not worth the cost but it is nice to have...I learned more in college than I did highschool
 
 3 years ago '11        #10
whouthinkitis 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,757 | Props total: 122 122
 Venom said:
look at most of their degrees though? history and english? evolution in biology? art?

 xo xo xo said:
Exactly. Personally college is worth it it's just not for everyone. If you decide to go to college make sure it's for a useful degree. Plus no need to go to an expensive college when their are community colleges and then transfer to a senior college.
While I was looking at the video I understand why some of them are working at bars and sh*t look at the majors they chose while they were in college. Personally a lot of majors in college are not even worth it and even if you do go to college whether it's university or community college better make sure you got grants & scholarships b/c the sh*t is not cheap. I graduate next Spring and once I finish up I'm thinking about calling it wraps unless I can apply for some scholarships but I'm not getting ready to put myself in debt with loans and then up owing the government for the next 10+ years w/interest. Next thing you know you end up working at a minimum wage job trying to pay off student loans...FOH!!!
 
 3 years ago '11        #11
whouthinkitis 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,757 | Props total: 122 122

[video - click to view]

 
 3 years ago '10        #12
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$540 | Props total: 0 0
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
 
 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM         #13
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reppinI85 said:
Like everyone else said you need a specialized degree not fine arts ect. Engineering, Nursing, Finance ect. These students actually graduate with useful knowledge
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
 
 3 years ago '04        #14
mr_underground|m 1192 heat pts1192
space
avatar space
space
$19,022 | Props total: 2958 2958
I don't agree with the people saying "they picked the wrong major" The point is colleges offer those major and market them the same as a degree in computer science. If you compare the number of worthless topics to those of practical use you will see all colleges have waaay more bullsh*t courses and degrees than they do useful ones.

Using that logic, if you don't want to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer...your screwed. And if you "strategically pick a major" its based on fear and will usually lead to unhappiness in life.
 
 3 years ago '10        #15
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$540 | Props total: 0 0
 Darkdrone said:
Finance?

There is massive number of people with finance degrees who are clogging up the market, unless you go to a top tier school your degree is worthless.
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
 
 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM         #16
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reppinI85 said:
Well my stance was based off of people I actually knew. People I went to school with that have these degrees including finance have very good jobs
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
 
 3 years ago '10        #17
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$540 | Props total: 0 0
 Darkdrone said:
Good job you say? I know a people working in IBM and high tech firms with nothing more than english degrees and sociology degrees. These people maximized their contacts, learned about the upcoming technology and marketed their skill for the position.

What you need to understand is the degree is not that important to high aspect, it is what you can bring to the table, if you have the experience and are you the right fit.

My cousin's best friend is an extremely well paid lawyer and he got a degree in computer science and many people thought he didn't have what it takes to do well in the field.

What these counsellors fail to tell you is you can a good career without having a degree within the field. Ever heard of that stat that 70+% of university students get job not related in their degree? You think every person in Google is a computer engineer or computer scientist? If the company sees you are a valuable they will scoop you up.
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
 
 11-23-2012, 07:09 PM         #18
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reppinI85 said:
I know bruh. That wasn't really my point but ok
What was your point? Elaborate.
 
 3 years ago '10        #19
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$540 | Props total: 0 0
 Darkdrone said:
What was your point? Elaborate.
That often times if your resume is being ran through a resume portal to land a job you might need more than a sociology degree. JMO
 
 11-23-2012, 07:36 PM         #20
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reppinI85 said:
That often times if your resume is being ran through a resume portal to land a job you might need more than a sociology degree. JMO
Which is why you get someone in the company to get you the interview, which will make the interviewer look at you from a different prospective.
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
Apr 27 - Driverless Trucks Already Being Tested; 3 Million Truck Drivers To Lo..
68 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside girl you look so sharp anytime you pass in your poom poom shorts
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Smash Or Pass Thick Asain Chisato Sakizawa?
152 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Apr 27 - This Is The End: Venezuela Runs Out Of Money To Print New Money
78 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Discussion: So they might have cracked the TWD cliffhanger (Spoiler Ale..
104 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside iPhone 7 Plus (Pro) Features And Design Specs ‘Confirmed’ By Schematic..
41 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Dizzee Rascal: Racism is More Blatant in America Than in England
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
NBA Curry unable to contain himself during the Rockets blowout
191 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy