Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
14 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 Nautilus O said:
And this the type of n*gga that rocking Trayvon t-shirts, but dont even click on the "30 wounded in chicago" threads. You going hammer over a dominican actress playing a black woman and using makeup to do it, but "dont nobody give a fu*k about edi like that"

If its blackface for Zoe, its blackface for forest. And the worst part about you back to africa n*ggas is that you think.people did blackface to do positive portrayal of black people. But in reality it was done to show them negatively as coons.

but you let some n*ggas tell it and Eddie Murphy was doing accurate poryrayl of Black barbers in NYC with all that screaming and howling.

Plus nina is ugly, you want them to make her beautiful?

He don't know any better, I blame his moms for raising the n*gga to hate the women that had better hair than her, the worst kind of racist is a black man who hates lightskinned blacks and carribean latinos because he thinks they aint go through the same sh*t his "people" did.
Hey whoever is engaged in a conversation with this guy, just stop.
 5 years ago '07        #82
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,832 | Props total: 1998 1998
 KidKingGoD said:
She shouldn't be cast for that role brehs period. COmparing whitaker to edi Imean is different noone gives a fu*k about Edi like that and Forrest Whitaker is an academy award winner PERIOD.
He get's it in for REAL.

Same with Malcolm X and Denzel these are some of the best actors ever.

Baby girl is trying to get to the next echelon but playing nina simone who was always about empowerment and lovin her natural african features is just disrespectful as fu*k fam. Im sorry Im supposed to believe this mulatto diva can understand or generate the pain Nina Simone had to goto to create her music? REALLY?? PLus honestly there are millions of naturally beautiful black women who would do the role justice.

Not going to argue but people have a right to be mad cause they know Nina simone would be furious. That bi*ch looks like a klingon with all of that makeup.
thats what actresses are paid for...IMO none of the women mentioned in this thread could do it either I haven't seen one actress named here that is better than Zoe (as an overall actress that is)

and theres not even a million good actors in the U.S. so I don't know where you're going with this exageration
 5 years ago '10        #83
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8167 8167
 carltouss619 said:
Hey whoever is engaged in a conversation with this guy, just stop.
homie even the people who share your opinion arent cosigning you after seeing how foolish you look talking to me

You know its bad when you begging other people to stop debating a topic you already got 5+ post in

Stay on the sideline n*gga, just watch and cheer
 5 years ago '11        #84
ZeusSlaps 774 heat pts774
space
space
$27,786 | Props total: 2432 2432
off top I can tell who white in here if you cant see the confict in this....
 11-24-2012, 10:21 PM         #85
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You'd have an argument if Zoe Saldana were as white as Kate Beckinsale....

but she's fu*king black... has black lineage and identifies as black... This isn't fu*king blackface you idiots... jesus mother of fu*king God!.... sh*t!

stop fu*king crying people...
 5 years ago '11        #86
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 Nautilus O said:
So why aren't there threads about every black actor/actress that uses make up to play a black person?

On the real if her name was Zoe Washington, this wouldnt be an issue, I find Tyler Perry movies more offensive to black people, than a dominican in makeup playing a serious role.
I didn't say I think this was blackface. I just wanted to point that out.

My issue is what someone touched on earlier about choosing a lighter skinned person when there are other qualified darker actresses. But I think that's more an issue of acceptance in Hollywood (which is just a big an issue). To me blackface is making a mockery in a non-satirical form. Too me she just looks like a dumbass in that make-up
 5 years ago '08        #87
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,024 | Props total: 5085 5085
 Magnificent Phoenix said:

1,2,3,4, and 7 are singers, not actors by craft. I wouldn't hire them for a major Hollywood film.

5,6,8,9, 10 are no names.

I swear some people don't understand casting and marketing for a major motion picture.

More importantly, the primary factor for playing an actor should be their ability to play a CHARACTER, not the color of their skin. hmmm Who does that sound like? MLK Jr., pay attention.
can't be serious. One of the people you called a singer was acting before she had an album and one the people you called a no name has an Oscar, are you high?
 5 years ago '04        #88
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
WTF is wrong with people. Instead of complaining and petitioning about the sh*t that goes down in the black communities yall want to complain because Zoe isn't black enough to play Nina Simone. Its always the dummies that make us look bad.
 5 years ago '07        #89
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
 Nautilus O said:
Any time a n*gga say your name in a reply you know they about to say some bullsh*t

So if we really wanna talk shop, you really gonna act like the barber Eddie played and the pastor Arsenio played weren't coonish characters? We find it funny, but those were classic examples of "coons" , as opposed to the strong black character Akeem was. As funny as Coming to America is, if you really look at it, the strong black characters were the African ones from Zamunda, the clowns, coons, and "negative" ones were blacks from America.

If this was Mariah Carey playing Nina I could see the backlash, but Zoe is a super dope actress, this ain't no slouch.

And while you Back to Africa n*ggas wanna cry about Blackface, how many of you complained about Forest Whitaker playing Idi Amin

Zoe always claimed herself as a black woman. Now, she has to justify it to yall cats? She is going to k!ll it in this part.
 5 years ago '06        #90
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,045 | Props total: 18807 18807
they put her a.ss in blackface...

she should pull outta this immediately.. this typa sh*t is a career k!ller...

don't do it Zoe... don't do it...
 5 years ago '11        #91
MoneyChasnMason 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,913 | Props total: 41 41
 carltouss619 said:
. They complained about the casting of a certain two hunger characters, complained about Idris Elba being in Thor and complained at the thought of Idris Elba playing Bond. And ALL OF THESE ARE MAKE BELIEVE CHARACTERS. We talking about some real sh*t here and all they can do is use that "reverse racism" crap, unbelievable.

[pic - click to view]

and Look at her.....Read up on her...... She would want someone else portraying her.
 11-25-2012, 10:37 PM         #92
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Plus she has said that she is not attracted to black men. I like how you tried to rewrite history but these are criticisms black people had about Saldana WAY BEFORE THIS NINA SIMONE Biopic.

And now this actress, with these criticisms, is being dressed up in black face (and yes it is blackface as she has the exaggerated features, i.e fake dark skin, nappy wig and big nose), And meant to play a PROUD BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER?
so what she's not attracted to black men? You criticize her for something she can't control?

cry moar! I love the taste of your tears!!!!

blackface was meant to portray blacks in a negative manner. That is not what this film is doing and for the last time, she IS black. How can a black person play blackface?

She identifies as black when its convenient? Now you're just being picky. She's also latina you imbecile. Is she ONLY supposed to identify as black?
 5 years ago '10        #93
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Nautilus O said:
Denzel looked nothing like Malcom, you gonna call Spike up and tell him he should have cast a light skin n*gga?
Denzel WAS Malcolm. You are reaching.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Pete Butter; 11-26-2012 at 10:45 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #94
Mr. Future 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 1795 1795
 fatdaddy said:
so, blacks in blackface is ok?

too much history for this to get a pass
 5 years ago '10        #95
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8167 8167
 Pete Butter said:
Denzel WAS Malcolm. You are reaching.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Jimmy Breaux said:
Word, Denzel looked exactly like Malcolm. But THEY didn't do was cake make up on him to make him look lightskinned.

Why? It would go against everything that Malcolm preached about. You are, who you are.

So why do it for Nina Simone, another civil rights leader?

I'm hoping you two are chinese or white, because no self respecting black man is going to look at those two pictures and say just because they both wearing glasses they look alike. Malcolm was light skinned like Terrance Howard....Denzel aint light skinned.

So I guess Denzel is a dead ringer for the real Frank Lucas, Herman Boone and Hurricane Carter too?

5 years ago '04        #96
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
There are barely any black actresses with names left... Half of you can't name 5 young black actresses off the top of your head without research... Most of you will probably just say Halle and Jada who are brighter then fu*king Zoe and old as sh*t... Anybody you name will be well in their 40's or later...

Thandie Newton, Taraji Henson, Theresa Randle, Gabriele Union, Nia Long, Angela Bassett, Vanessa Williams, Regina King, Sanaa Lathan, Meagan Good, Paula Patton, Viola Davis, Vivica Fox, Whoopi Goldberg...

All these chicks are either old, not really making films anymore, just as bright as Zoe or are not good actresses like Meagan Good... Viola Davis would have been a good choice but she is old and doesn't have the name factor... Zoe is the hottest non-white actress in Hollywood right now... No other woman has made more movies or bigger movies then Zoe in the last 5 years... She is casted for all the young black actress roles in big movies... I mean she played the black woman in the remake of Sidney Pottier's Guess Who... That entire movie premise was about a white kid dating a black girl... Zoe is the best combination currently of star power, good actress and not white... Period...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now