most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
slickbak 
space
space
$917 | Props total: 413 413
 1andonlyKingP said:

Mary J. Blige looks nothing like Nina, and ain't much darker than Zoe.

And Nicki? That's an even worse choice than Zoe.

This just comes down to you (and plenty other people) downplaying Zoe's blackness just because she speaks spanish.
Motherfu*ker did you read what he said???
 11-24-2012, 09:17 AM         #62
J@wja_Balla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

11-24-2012, 09:18 AM         #63
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all this over a movie that won't even break $20 mill at the box office
 5 years ago '04        #64
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
She shouldn't be cast for that role brehs period. COmparing whitaker to edi Imean is different noone gives a fu*k about Edi like that and Forrest Whitaker is an academy award winner PERIOD.
He get's it in for REAL.

Same with Malcolm X and Denzel these are some of the best actors ever.

Baby girl is trying to get to the next echelon but playing nina simone who was always about empowerment and lovin her natural african features is just disrespectful as fu*k fam. Im sorry Im supposed to believe this mulatto diva can understand or generate the pain Nina Simone had to goto to create her music? REALLY?? PLus honestly there are millions of naturally beautiful black women who would do the role justice.

Not going to argue but people have a right to be mad cause they know Nina simone would be furious. That bi*ch looks like a klingon with all of that makeup.
 11-24-2012, 11:50 AM         #65
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She shouldn't be cast for that role brehs period. COmparing whitaker to edi Imean is different noone gives a fu*k about Edi like that and Forrest Whitaker is an academy award winner PERIOD.
He get's it in for REAL.

umm dude... zoe was in Avatar. The best selling movie ever made. She's in an echelon of her own already...
 5 years ago '04        #66
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 xo xo xo said:
These are the people I have read that some said should have been considered for the part:

1) Jennifer Hudson
2) Lauryn Hill
3) Angie Stone
4) Mary J. Blige
5) Adepero Oduye who looks like Nina Simone
6) Aisha Hinds
7) India.Arie
8) Viola Davis
9) N’Bushe Wright
10) Nicki Micheaux

1,2,3,4, and 7 are singers, not actors by craft. I wouldn't hire them for a major Hollywood film.

5,6,8,9, 10 are no names.

I swear some people don't understand casting and marketing for a major motion picture.

More importantly, the primary factor for playing an actor should be their ability to play a CHARACTER, not the color of their skin. hmmm Who does that sound like? MLK Jr., pay attention.
 5 years ago '04        #67
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 KidKingGoD said:
Im sorry Im supposed to believe this mulatto diva can understand or generate the pain Nina Simone had to goto to create her music? REALLY?? PLus honestly there are millions of naturally beautiful black women who would do the role justice.

Not going to argue but people have a right to be mad cause they know Nina simone would be furious. That bi*ch looks like a Klingon with all of that makeup.

Mulatto is a racist term, and you just proved your ignorance by using it.

Nina Simone was natural, but she certainly wasn't beautiful. She had a big horse face that only a mother could love.

PS-Nina Simone looked like a Klingon without makeup
 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM         #68
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and the thing is Zoe is fu*king black. She may not be 100% black but her black roots are definitely noticeable even at a glance.

this is just more b/s from these crybabies who love to scream racism at the smallest things...
 5 years ago '07        #69
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
like I said these devils are so a.ss backwards. They complained about the casting of a certain two hunger characters, complained about Idris Elba being in Thor and complained at the thought of Idris Elba playing Bond. And ALL OF THESE ARE MAKE BELIEVE CHARACTERS. We talking about some real sh*t here and all they can do is use that "reverse racism" crap, unbelievable.
 5 years ago '07        #70
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 Games Addict said:
umm dude... zoe was in Avatar. The best selling movie ever made. She's in an echelon of her own already...
So if an actor plays in a movie that is successful money wise, that automatically makes them great actors but for some reason Denzel is overrated Make your mind up.
 5 years ago '11        #71
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 Nautilus O said:
How is this blackface, when the actress playing the role is of african descent? Was eddie murphy doing blak face when he was in Coming to America?

You n*ggas gotta stop with "they out to get us" sh*t.... The Help was a far more disrespectful movie to black people and black america acted like it was the greatest movie ever.

So fu*king wrong? What if she was the best audition for the part? You acting like actress in hollywood would have turned down this opportunity or weren't given a chance. It's not like they picked Honey Cocaine to play Nina Simone, they picked a women who normally is casted as a BLACK woman.

So if they did a biopic on Phylicia Rashad they can't cast a lightskinned Black Woman cause she's really was Dominican??
blacks performed blackface too
 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM         #72
OnlyOriginality  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We all know about latin and hispanic people and our shared african descent. After all Brazil has one of the HIGHEST black population in the western hemisphere. And cool Zoe, embraces her own roots as opposed to many other hispanic blacks.

But when you have to put make-up or any actor/actress to given them a darker shade and representing a black person it automatically constitutes black face. We all know the very inflammatory history of black face so when black people have legitimate issue all the uncle toms, aunt jemimas and ignorant whites should hush ESPECIALLY when it comes to black queen like Nina Simone.

All of you disrespectful muthafu*kas speaking on her appearance need to see how far she's reached in terms of influence, Bono and John Lennon are two I feel like picking out out of myriad other muscians who were influenced by the late great and beautiful Nina Simone
 11-24-2012, 05:31 PM         #73
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So if an actor plays in a movie that is successful money wise, that automatically makes them great actors but for some reason Denzel is overrated
You dumb motherfu*ker

its not even just that she was in a good movie money-wise, the movie itself was great and her performance was also great. What else do you want? imo, that performance there shows she's got more range than Denzel does nowadays.

and you know what I meant about Denzel... Stop trying to make it seem like I don't like the dude.
 11-24-2012, 05:33 PM         #74
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We all know about latin and hispanic people and our shared african descent. After all Brazil has one of the HIGHEST black population in the western hemisphere. And cool Zoe, embraces her own roots as opposed to many other hispanic blacks.

But when you have to put make-up or any actor/actress to given them a darker shade and representing a black person it automatically constitutes black face. We all know the very inflammatory history of black face so when black people have legitimate issue all the uncle toms, aunt jemimas and ignorant whites should hush ESPECIALLY when it comes to black queen like Nina Simone.

All of you disrespectful muthafu*kas speaking on her appearance need to see how far she's reached in terms of influence, Bono and John Lennon are two I feel like picking out out of myriad other muscians who were influenced by the late great and beautiful Nina Simone
cry moar!

Zoe is Nina Simone. Get used to it or don't watch the movie.
 11-24-2012, 05:50 PM         #75
OnlyOriginality  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Argue against the points I made
 5 years ago '12        #76
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 430 430
This thread....
 5 years ago '07        #77
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 Games Addict said:
You dumb motherfu*ker

its not even just that she was in a good movie money-wise, the movie itself was great and her performance was also great. What else do you want? imo, that performance there shows she's got more range than Denzel does nowadays.

and you know what I meant about Denzel... Stop trying to make it seem like I don't like the dude.
it was a cool movie but great, really? I see the problem with a lot of you people in here. You guys thinking with your head instead of your head, clowns
 11-24-2012, 07:12 PM         #78
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not the type to give a sh*t what other people think. In fact, I didn't even watch Avatar until like a year after it came out and ONLY because I got it cheap off of some dealer in front of a store. A bootleg copy but good enough quality. I enjoyed it immensely.

Great, bad, good. That crap varies depending on your tastes but I personally thought it was great and obviously the majority of movie-goers did as well seeing as how it is the highest grossing movie ever.
Argue against the points I made
You made points? All I saw was crap
 5 years ago '10        #79
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8206 8206
 KidKingGoD said:
He get's it in for REAL.

Baby girl is trying to get to the next echelon but playing nina simone who was always about empowerment and lovin her natural african features is just disrespectful as fu*k fam. Im sorry Im supposed to believe this mulatto diva can understand or generate the pain Nina Simone had to goto to create her music? REALLY?? PLus honestly there are millions of naturally beautiful black women who would do the role justice.

Not going to argue but people have a right to be mad cause they know Nina simone would be furious. That bi*ch looks like a klingon with all of that makeup.
And this the type of n*gga that rocking Trayvon t-shirts, but dont even click on the "30 wounded in chicago" threads. You going hammer over a dominican actress playing a black woman and using makeup to do it, but "dont nobody give a fu*k about edi like that"

If its blackface for Zoe, its blackface for forest. And the worst part about you back to africa n*ggas is that you think.people did blackface to do positive portrayal of black people. But in reality it was done to show them negatively as coons.

but you let some n*ggas tell it and Eddie Murphy was doing accurate poryrayl of Black barbers in NYC with all that screaming and howling.

Plus nina is ugly, you want them to make her beautiful?

Magnificent Phoenix said:

Mulatto is a racist term, and you just proved your ignorance by using it.

Nina Simone was natural, but she certainly wasn't beautiful. She had a big horse face that only a mother could love.

PS-Nina Simone looked like a Klingon without makeup
He don't know any better, I blame his moms for raising the n*gga to hate the women that had better hair than her, the worst kind of racist is a black man who hates lightskinned blacks and carribean latinos because he thinks they aint go through the same sh*t his "people" did.
 5 years ago '10        #80
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8206 8206
 Gatorfan2611 said:
blacks performed blackface too
So why aren't there threads about every black actor/actress that uses make up to play a black person?

On the real if her name was Zoe Washington, this wouldnt be an issue, I find Tyler Perry movies more offensive to black people, than a dominican in makeup playing a serious role.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy