Are You Ready To Admit TDKR was a letdown?

most viewed right now
 74
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 63
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #101
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,471 | Props total: 7123 7123
 xplicit_03 said:
Chris Nolan just isn't a very good director.


Well that settles that, you're an idiot.
 11-20-2012, 10:05 PM         #102
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't see how people can't just accept that other people like the movie

Y'all n*ggas really wanna project your misery and dislikes onto other people
 5 years ago '07        #103
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 JFamis said:
I'd slap the taste out your fu*kin mouth.
 5 years ago '05        #104
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,471 | Props total: 7123 7123
 pu$$y said:
of course people are gonna hate on something simply because it's popular. but at the same time, it's not that hard to believe that the gaping potholes, hokey writing, and bad acting actually ruined this film for some people. to say it's a sh*tty movie is a stretch, but to say it's a masterpiece is just as ridiculous. I gave it a 7 in the rating thread and got chewed out for "trying to go against the grain," but JFamis was calling it movie of the year months before it came out. he made up his mid about how he felt before he saw it, and I'm sure a lot of other people did too.

what's worse? blind support or blind hatred?
I wouldn't say there was any sh*tty acting in the movie other than that disgraceful death by Talia. I mean that scene seemed like an SNL skit. But other than that, there were no times where I was looking at the screen like
 5 years ago '04        #105
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 pu$$y said:
of course people are gonna hate on something simply because it's popular. but at the same time, it's not that hard to believe that the gaping potholes, hokey writing, and bad acting actually ruined this film for some people. to say it's a sh*tty movie is a stretch, but to say it's a masterpiece is just as ridiculous. I gave it a 7 in the rating thread and got chewed out for "trying to go against the grain," but JFamis was calling it movie of the year months before it came out. he made up his mid about how he felt before he saw it, and I'm sure a lot of other people did too.

what's worse? blind support or blind hatred?
The fu*k?
 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM         #106
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
I wouldn't say there was any sh*tty acting in the movie other than that disgraceful death by Talia. I mean that scene seemed like an SNL skit. But other than that, there were no times where I was looking at the screen like
Not so much the acting, the dialogue really. Some of it was just corny. And towards the end they just telegraphed a lot of sh*t and felt rushed like someone else said. Still dope but still a lot of holes in it. Second half tho
 5 years ago '07        #107
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 pu$$y said:
of course people are gonna hate on something simply because it's popular. but at the same time, it's not that hard to believe that the gaping potholes, hokey writing, and bad acting actually ruined this film for some people. to say it's a sh*tty movie is a stretch, but to say it's a masterpiece is just as ridiculous. I gave it a 7 in the rating thread and got chewed out for "trying to go against the grain," but JFamis was calling it movie of the year months before it came out. he made up his mid about how he felt before he saw it, and I'm sure a lot of other people did too.

what's worse? blind support or blind hatred?
tha movie didnt have gaping plot holes,and tha sh*t is a comic movie.its supposed to be fun.some of tha writing was cheesy,but again,its a comic book

in this case blind hatred.if u watched tdkr,u obviously enjoyed tha 1st 2 films.this 1 wasnt as good as tdk,but still betta than batman begins.u cant say bane is a bad villain,then praise scarecrow who had all of 3 scenes and was pretty useless
 5 years ago '05        #108
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,471 | Props total: 7123 7123
 Cheeze said:
Not so much the acting, the dialogue really. Some of it was just corny. And towards the end they just telegraphed a lot of sh*t and felt rushed like someone else said. Still dope but still a lot of holes in it. Second half tho
I felt the first half was better than the second half

The scene where Batman makes his first appearance + the first Batman vs Bane f!ght were

The final Batman vs Bane f!ght was dope as fu*k, though. Up until they bust in the door and the Talia plotline is revealed.
 5 years ago '07        #109
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 pu$$y said:
first of all, it did have gaping plot holes. everything about his sand hole prison is a plot hole. Bruce's back is broken, and it gets fixed with push-ups and a guy punching him in the back? he gets from Azerbaijan to NY while injured and barefoot in a matter of hours? and gets past the military blockade without any of his bat gear? the dude in prison without an eye, who can't speak english and needs a translator until, boom, all of a sudden, here's the backstory of this prison in unbroken and completely coherent english? and then tells the story about the child or whatever, and how it's Bane's prison, but doesn't say that the child ISN'T Bane? and there's a TV?

and wasn't the whole appeal of Nolan's Batman that it's dark and realistic? miss me with the comic book excuse, this isn't Marvel.

i thought Begins was the most focused of the trilogy, and it actually depended on its script and acting instead of Slurpee promos and unconditional Nolan fanboy support.

only thing TDKR has on the other two imo is its comic relief, which i thought was perfectly timed and actually made me laugh out loud.
thats not gaping plot holes.u can call them indiscrepencies but absolutely none of that stuff effects tha overall movie.who cares how long his rehab takes.,who cares how he gets out tha desert.every last detail doesnt need to be on film.sh*t was already damn near 3 hours

who said he knew who tha child was,and bane put tha tv in there so bruce could see what was happening in gotham.it seems like your just lookin for any reason to have an issue

it was dark,thats why mofos was gettin bodied,and bruce got his a.ss kicked.because its realistic its not a comic book all of a sudden

it was tha most focused cause its an origin story and not as grand a scope
 5 years ago '04        #110
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 pu$$y said:
how many TDKR threads ending with obama smileys did you make in the months leading up to its release? come on man, be honest with yourself. you know that no matter what happened during that 2 and a half hours you would be on here praising it.
I think you're confusing me with the dude who always has blonde women in his avy. Most of mine I made after the movie was out.
 5 years ago '07        #111
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 pu$$y said:
you're just splitting hairs, bottom line is the script had nonsensical elements that were major parts of the story.



he knew the difference between the child and Bane. yet he didn't feel the need to clarify that to Bruce. pretty big omission on his part, like why even open his mouth at all. and you didn't address his need for a translator. i listed a whole bunch of sh*t from one 20 minute segment in the movie. believe me, i'm not "just lookin for any reasons," these things jumped out at me and kept me from enjoying the movie as much as i wanted to.



ask omega if it's a comic book movie, and he's not the only one. he's right. there is a distinguishable difference between this trilogy and Green Lantern or Thor.



agreed.
your splitting hairs.u can find non-sensical things in any movie if u try hard enough.bottom line is that,none of that stuff affected tha plot,so it isnt a gaping plot hole as u called it.as i said,movie was already 3 hours,we dont need another 40 mins explaining how he got out tha desert.

it was irrelevant who tha child was as tha point of tha story was to get bruce to react witout fear.he was just hidin tha fact he could speak english.ive seen that done in plenty films.again,its not a major plot hole.

of course there is.its a differences between tha comics themselves.both thor and green lantern are both fantasy based,while gotham is more reality based.but more reality based doesnt mean it still aint a comic
 5 years ago '09        #112
TraV 77 heat pts77 OP
space
avatar space
space
$21,101 | Props total: 1838 1838
 r.burgundy said:
tha movie didnt have gaping plot holes,and tha sh*t is a comic movie.its supposed to be fun.some of tha writing was cheesy,but again,its a comic book

in this case blind hatred.if u watched tdkr,u obviously enjoyed tha 1st 2 films.this 1 wasnt as good as tdk,but still betta than batman begins.u cant say bane is a bad villain,then praise scarecrow who had all of 3 scenes and was pretty useless

Can't use this arguement when the general consensus for the whole trilogy has been they're so great because they're "grounded in realism" etc etc.



Side note: did anybody else catch when Bruce got caught when he came back in the city and was talking to Talia and Lucius then when Catwoman took him away and he changed into Batman and saved Gordon from the ice seconds later, he's asking where's Talia at?
 5 years ago '07        #113
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 Travi$ said:
Can't use this arguement when the general consensus for the whole trilogy has been they're so great because they're "grounded in realism" etc etc.



Side note: did anybody else catch when Bruce got caught when he came back in the city and was talking to Talia and Lucius then when Catwoman took him away and he changed into Batman and saved Gordon from the ice seconds later, he's asking where's Talia at?
tha batman comic book is grounded in realism,but its still just a comic book.
 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM         #114
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
?????? seen it like three times gets better every time
 5 years ago '07        #115
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 923 923
will say. this thread is makin a n*gga wanna see that sh*t again bad.
 5 years ago '08        #116
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 r.burgundy said:
your splitting hairs.u can find non-sensical things in any movie if u try hard enough.bottom line is that,none of that stuff affected tha plot,so it isnt a gaping plot hole as u called it.as i said,movie was already 3 hours,we dont need another 40 mins explaining how he got out tha desert.

it was irrelevant who tha child was as tha point of tha story was to get bruce to react witout fear.he was just hidin tha fact he could speak english.ive seen that done in plenty films.again,its not a major plot hole.

of course there is.its a differences between tha comics themselves.both thor and green lantern are both fantasy based,while gotham is more reality based.but more reality based doesnt mean it still aint a comic
I just want to make sure I understand you here..... Nolan took the time to explain how if anyone steps on or off the island it blows, shows the army dude calling off the f!ghter jets, show how the commandos had to sneak in using the supply trucks BUT when it comes to how Bruce is able to get from this random hole in the dirt prison in some random country while he's broke and injured back to Gotham where all travel to and from has been guarded against - just hours before the bomb is scheduled to blow is not important to the plot at all????????
 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM         #117
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just watched it last night, and yep it was a let down.
 5 years ago '07        #118
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 popsjenkins said:
I just want to make sure I understand you here..... Nolan took the time to explain how if anyone steps on or off the island it blows, shows the army dude calling off the f!ghter jets, show how the commandos had to sneak in using the supply trucks BUT when it comes to how Bruce is able to get from this random hole in the dirt prison in some random country while he's broke and injured back to Gotham where all travel to and from has been guarded against - just hours before the bomb is scheduled to blow is not important to the plot at all????????
no its not important to tha plot because tha bottom line is,somehow someway he is gonna get back to gotham.like i said,every last bit of a detail doesnt need to be shown in a movie
 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM         #119
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 popsjenkins said:
I just want to make sure I understand you here..... Nolan took the time to explain how if anyone steps on or off the island it blows, shows the army dude calling off the f!ghter jets, show how the commandos had to sneak in using the supply trucks BUT when it comes to how Bruce is able to get from this random hole in the dirt prison in some random country while he's broke and injured back to Gotham where all travel to and from has been guarded against - just hours before the bomb is scheduled to blow is not important to the plot at all????????
yeah i wondered that sh*t too

magic?
 11-21-2012, 01:40 PM         #120
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
no its not important to tha plot because tha bottom line is,somehow someway he is gonna get back to gotham.like i said,every last bit of a detail doesnt need to be shown in a movie
The point isn't that everything needs to be shown. Its about what was left out vs what was left in. They wasted time showing meaningless sh*t, yet still managed to have a 3 hour movie have huge things missing.

There were so many wasted scenes, yet so many things I didn't get to see that were important.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 71
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 61
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 50
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
121 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy