Are You Ready To Admit TDKR was a letdown?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
If TDKR is a 10 to you, what the fu*k is TDK?

It was a fun movie, I haven't given it my final grade yet because I haven't watched the Blu-Ray rip yet, probably will this week, but to act like it's a perfect movie is just fu*king absurd.
I gave it a 10 also and i liked it better than TDK after watching it the second, third, fourth, fifth and more times... Not everybody will have the same opinion on movies... We like different aspects of the movie... You will not find a better ending to a trilogy... Not to mention you won't find another movie who can mindfu*k you even though you already know the story... The twist at the end of TDKR was amazing... I knew the Batman story going into the movie and all the characters of the film as well from the comics... The fact that Nolan was able to take a story that almost any DC fanboy knows and still put in a twist that surprises you was amazing... Tom Hardy as Bane was almost flawless...

Aside from his voice his portrayal and execution of the character Bane was beyond awesome... He was more imposing than the Joker... The Joker was fun and sadistic... Bane was brute, sadistic and cold blooded... My favorite part is subtle but powerful... When Bane told ol buddy to leave the room and Daggit told him to stay cuz he was in charge and Bane simply and softly placed the back of his hand on his shoulder like Daggit was a dog and said "Do you feel in charge" ... Short simple but powerful line... The f!ght scenes were awesome... The visuals with more than half the movie shot in IMAX was also awesome... The story as i already eluded to was awesome... The only thing that i wouldn't say was awesome about the movie was Catwoman... She was great but Hathaway just isn't s3xy to me so i took away from her a little bit... But the action, story, acting, visuals were all awesome...

If you prefer TDK i can't argue against that... But TDK missed the mindfu*k element... The story was still awesome but there was nothing in there that you didn't expect aside from Heath Ledger's acting... Not to mention with the huge expectation of TDKR following TDK... Nobody thought it was possible to come close to TDK... To match and even exceed those expectations in many people's eyes says alot about how great the movie was...
 5 years ago '04        #22
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
It was a good movie.. It was not great though.. TDK was great. I am almost inclined to put Batman Begins over TDKR
 5 years ago '12        #23
Southwick 
space
space
$2,622 | Props total: 396 396
 Bedewe22 said:
The Dark Knight is overrated beyond belief. No movie in this trilogy is sh*tting on another. With that said, The Dark Knight Rises wasn't a letdown. I probably watched it more in the past couple of months than I watched the other two since they were released years ago.
Especially that first sentence. Dudes love to run with the masses.
 5 years ago '10        #24
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2221 2221
The fact Bane got k!lled by the bi*ch on the motorcycle and we never actually got to see him die destroyed the movie for me. The guy beats Batman to a pulp and then he gets mirked by that hoe?

sh*t was nowhere near TDK.

Edit: The Avengers was a much better movie. As long as Robert Downey Jr plays Tony Starks, they will always have the edge over other movies. I can't remember a more perfect role for someone that RDJ for Ironman.
 5 years ago '12        #25
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
TDK-10
TDKR-9.5

No movie is perfect but Nolan gets real real close
 5 years ago '09        #26
santos0303 52 heat pts52
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
 amp said:
It wasnt as good as i was expecting. that sh*t where dude is like maybe i should u my real name and the bi*ch calls him robin pissed me off. at no point in my mind was robin's real name robin. if that is so someone let me know
That's bc he wasn't the robin from the comic books like you're thinking. Having his name being robin was just a nod as to how he acted as a sidekick to batman while he was gone people still don't understand this
 5 years ago '04        #27
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,909 | Props total: 17478 17478
 AriGold said:
The fact Bane got k!lled by the bi*ch on the motorcycle and we never actually got to see him die destroyed the movie for me. The guy beats Batman to a pulp and then he gets mirked by that hoe?

sh*t was nowhere near TDK.

Edit: The Avengers was a much better movie. As long as Robert Downey Jr plays Tony Starks, they will always have the edge over other movies. I can't remember a more perfect role for someone that RDJ for Ironman.
Marvel in General (besides stupid DD and Electra movies) > DC Movies
 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM         #28
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree. I'm a huge Batman fan but this movie felt rushed to me. Too many meaningless side characters, Bane went out like a bi*ch. The Talia reveal and death was too rushed, Robin's real name is Robin ()

Iduno movie was just alright to me, kinda disappointing
 5 years ago '12        #29
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,129 | Props total: 15806 15806
TDK = 10
TDKR = 9

Heath Ledger as The Joker is a top 10 performance ever put on film.
 5 years ago '11        #30
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
IMO it was a letdown COMPARED to TDK but that doesnt take anything away from it.

TDK 9.6
TDKR 8.8
 11-19-2012, 04:24 PM         #31
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Southwick said:
Especially that first sentence. Dudes love to run with the masses.
And dudes also love to run against the masses. What's your point?

An opinion is just that, an opinion. Dudes try so hard to bash another just cuz they like a movie? ..lame.
 11-19-2012, 04:35 PM         #32
DrZeRo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just watched TDKR.....yeh it pretty much blew c*ck meat compared to TDK, a blah entry in a awesome trilogy like previously stated. But a horrendously bad idea to end it with TDKR especially after the jokers performance.
 5 years ago '04        #33
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
The movie is 9.5 to me while TDK is a 10.. Only let down to me is that they cut all this footage like Bane's origin and other bits that enhanced scenes, just so the film would fit on IMAX reels..
 5 years ago '05        #34
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
Bb = 8.5
tdk = 10
tdkr = 9.0
 5 years ago '12        #35
Southwick 
space
space
$2,622 | Props total: 396 396
 Joehook said:
And dudes also love to run against the masses. What's your point?

An opinion is just that, an opinion. Dudes try so hard to bash another just cuz they like a movie? ..lame.
Is my statement not true? Of course it is. I don't fit in either category and if you don't you should've kept your mouth shut. I just made a statement. True is true. fu*k sh*t is fu*k sh*t. An opinion is an opinion when its your own and not fueled by everyone else's. A dude trying so hard to be captain save a hoe and doing the same thing he accused me of. .. lame.

Last edited by Southwick; 11-19-2012 at 05:02 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #36
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
nolan da gawd!!!!!

He's never made a bad movie...

...and He never will.

5 years ago '04        #37
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,678 | Props total: 6817 6817
I feel that it was a really good movie. The Dark Knight was the only let down for me in the trilogy, and yet it is often called the best (mostly by bandwagon fans). I honestly never got the urge to watch The Dark Knight again & again. I've watched Begins literally dozens of times, and I see the same happening with Rises. The overall story line and Bane's character was incredible....although I can admit Talia's death scene was laughable.

The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight
 5 years ago '04        #38
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 Nu Tymez said:
It was a good movie.. It was not great though.. TDK was great. I am almost inclined to put Batman Begins over TDKR
couldnt say it better. I was disappointed by TDKR. I expected greatness and only got kinda good.
 5 years ago '11        #39
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
the Heath Ledger factor is in full effect in this thread

I gotta TDKR again when I'm in my own element..late at night in my boxers sipping top shelf liquor cell phone off and no ones around to ask me stupid a.ss questions.
 5 years ago '04        #40
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
 dre03 said:
I gave it a 10 also and i liked it better than TDK after watching it the second, third, fourth, fifth and more times... Not everybody will have the same opinion on movies... We like different aspects of the movie... You will not find a better ending to a trilogy... Not to mention you won't find another movie who can mindfu*k you even though you already know the story... The twist at the end of TDKR was amazing... I knew the Batman story going into the movie and all the characters of the film as well from the comics... The fact that Nolan was able to take a story that almost any DC fanboy knows and still put in a twist that surprises you was amazing... Tom Hardy as Bane was almost flawless...

Aside from his voice his portrayal and execution of the character Bane was beyond awesome... He was more imposing than the Joker... The Joker was fun and sadistic... Bane was brute, sadistic and cold blooded... My favorite part is subtle but powerful... When Bane told ol buddy to leave the room and Daggit told him to stay cuz he was in charge and Bane simply and softly placed the back of his hand on his shoulder like Daggit was a dog and said "Do you feel in charge" ... Short simple but powerful line... The f!ght scenes were awesome... The visuals with more than half the movie shot in IMAX was also awesome... The story as i already eluded to was awesome... The only thing that i wouldn't say was awesome about the movie was Catwoman... She was great but Hathaway just isn't s3xy to me so i took away from her a little bit... But the action, story, acting, visuals were all awesome...

If you prefer TDK i can't argue against that... But TDK missed the mindfu*k element... The story was still awesome but there was nothing in there that you didn't expect aside from Heath Ledger's acting... Not to mention with the huge expectation of TDKR following TDK... Nobody thought it was possible to come close to TDK... To match and even exceed those expectations in many people's eyes says alot about how great the movie was...
I agree. I also enjoyed tdkr more. Because I knew it was the end. Alfred had me like that paul pierce smiley, ready to cry and sh*t. And after watching it twice more, it felt even better.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy