I thought wii U was next gen? Wii U Memory Bandwidth: 17.5GB/s...360: 22.4 GB/s PS3: 22.6 GB/s

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '04        #101
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
I wonder what you guys will be saying when E3 rolls around. I hear the same thing at the beginning of each gen. Xbox 1.5 anyone?
 5 years ago '10        #102
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
Why are yall arguing about graphics in regards to NINTENDO? this is a company that is known for not giving a fu*k about graphics. It's all about the controls and the gameplay and their games having widespread appeal. they never gave a fu*k about the power of their system. they always do the bare minimum with that sh*t. it's still next gen because it's a new fu*king system that has enough new features to separate it from the previous one.

you all should know what to expect with nintendo. some GOAT mario, zelda, metroid, etc. games and a new type of controller. that's it.
 11-20-2012, 11:43 AM         #103
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Austin Foyt said:
I'm just gonna go with the Wii-HD isn't made for "real gamers". The people that buy the Wii U don't give a fu*k how bad the graphics are. They just want the screen to move when they press a button. That excites them.

[pic - click to view]

11-20-2012, 11:49 AM         #104
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SSJVEGETO said:
I wonder what you guys will be saying when E3 rolls around. I hear the same thing at the beginning of each gen. Xbox 1.5 anyone?
all I kno is this, when I got my 360 I didnt even touch my xbox/ps2 anymore and even traded them both in a month later (and havent looked back since). Thats how a true next gen console should make a gamer feel

if I picked up a wii-u today not only would it not get more playtime than my 360 I wont even use it more than my ps3 and I literally turn on my ps3 like once a month
 5 years ago '08        #105
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
Chief technical officer, Oles Shishkovtsov, explains why Metro’s sequel won’t be appearing.

“[The] Wii U has a horrible, slow CPU,” explained Shishkovtsov. “We had an early look at it, we thought we could probably do it, but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time. It’s something we might return to. I really couldn’t make any promises, though.”

Despite Nintendo’s console offering Metro: Last Light new experiences to its players with it dual screens, when asked Shishkovtsov was adamant that the Wii U would ever seen Metro: Last Light when asked directly.

“We had an initial look at the Wii U, but given the size of the team and compared to where we were last time, just developing for the Playstation 3 is a significant addition.”
 5 years ago '05        #106
kaseemromani 41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,737 | Props total: 246 246
 Austin Foyt said:
Does the Wii u even have achievements/trophies for any of their games?
yeh it has this thing called accomplishments but its up to the dev if they want to impliment them or not
 5 years ago '12        #107
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 1150 1150
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Actually Nintendo is bigger than since Sony is close to bankruptcy.
But isnt that more recently, I meant as a whole, like before the economy went to hell
 5 years ago '04        #108
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
FWIW Black Ops 2 looks noticeably better on Wii U better detail on textures, much sharper and better lighting not bad for launch title graphics.

U's GPU is very good despite what people say, its new hardware its going to get better the more people work with it (instead of hiring an outside team to port their game), they said it will get next gen games so expect that next year. The GPU will be fine.
 5 years ago '07        #109
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
 K1Entertainment said:
FWIW Black Ops 2 looks noticeably better on Wii U better detail on textures, much sharper and better lighting not bad for launch title graphics.

U's GPU is very good despite what people say, its new hardware its going to get better the more people work with it (instead of hiring an outside team to port their game), they said it will get next gen games so expect that next year. The GPU will be fine.
on the giantbomb launch day stream they said nothing about BO2 looking better and actually said framerate issues were worse on both bo2 and arkham city.

only games worth playing on the wiiU right now are Scribblenauts and ZombiU. Super Mario Bros if you haven't played one of those games in a while.
 5 years ago '04        #110
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
 LAwLB15 said:
all I kno is this, when I got my 360 I didnt even touch my xbox/ps2 anymore and even traded them both in a month later (and havent looked back since). Thats how a true next gen console should make a gamer feel

if I picked up a wii-u today not only would it not get more playtime than my 360 I wont even use it more than my ps3 and I literally turn on my ps3 like once a month
We would not have had this problem if the system was plagued with ports from the 360 and PS3. If the devs would have worked on original games, then the results will be better. A noticeable improvement will be seen by E3 2013, just like we saw with the 360. sh*t wasn't that much better until Gears came out and proved everyone wrong.
 5 years ago '08        #111
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
 SSJVEGETO said:
We would not have had this problem if the system was plagued with ports from the 360 and PS3. If the devs would have worked on original games, then the results will be better. A noticeable improvement will be seen by E3 2013, just like we saw with the 360. sh*t wasn't that much better until Gears came out and proved everyone wrong.
but then that SW 1313, Watch Dogs, Samaritan level piff will be hitting at E3 for 720/PS4. Had they dropped it last year, they would have had a good two year run but now they've got a sub 6 month window before the console gets relegated to Wii status when it comes to third party support.
 5 years ago '11        #112
Suge Knight 44 heat pts44
space
space
$517 | Props total: 31 31
Cant wait till E3. Nintendo gonna sh*t on n*ggas

11-21-2012, 12:59 PM         #113
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SSJVEGETO said:
wasnt only the launch games on the 360

XBox Live alone made me stop fu*king with last gen consoles
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy