I thought wii U was next gen? Wii U Memory Bandwidth: 17.5GB/s...360: 22.4 GB/s PS3: 22.6 GB/s

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1061 1061
 One Gud Cide said:
no he was questioning their INNOVATION. Nintendo is KING of the failed peripherals. on top of everything he listed there's things like the virtual boy, gameboy printer, etc. the wiimote added nothing to gaming, even they moved away from it with this, this pad doesn't look like it adds anything, all they do is create pointless "innovation" instead of just focusing on quality
The wii mote inspired playstation move and Kinect though
 5 years ago '07        #82
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
this is literally the only place that i've seen call WiiU a next gen console. bx is delusional.

that being said, there's nothing wrong with getting a WiiU. i'll pick it up when there's more games. i really want to play Scribblenauts Unlimited and ZombiU though.
 5 years ago '11        #83
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
people still trying to say that it isn't next gen? So the fact that it's the first part of the 8th generation of consoles doesn't make it next gen? As for graphics its gotten ports and is just beginning its life cycle you're not going to see anything mind boggling until devs get down and dirty with it.
 5 years ago '08        #84
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23323 23323
 Jesszman said:
people still trying to say that it isn't next gen? So the fact that it's the first part of the 8th generation of consoles doesn't make it next gen? As for graphics its gotten ports and is just beginning its life cycle you're not going to see anything mind boggling until devs get down and dirty with it.
but what dev that isn't being paid by Nintendo to do so is about to get down and dirty with a console that's about to be crushed by MS and Sony in a year's time? a.ssuming the current spec rumors for PS4 and 720 are true, those consoles are looking to have 4-8 gigs of ram. Wii has 2 with one currently dedicated to the OS. Realistically you're looking at games that will utilize at the minimum 4x as much memory as the Wii U.

Wii U is Wii all over again. How you can see it as any different is wishful thinking at this point.

Last edited by Arson; 11-19-2012 at 09:08 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #85
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,286 | Props total: 1085 1085
wether you think nintendo sucks or not is irrelevant

Nintendo is the sole creative mind of the video game universe meaning while they do make crappy innovations they are still innovations. Without Nintendo the other 2 giants are worthless because they don't think outside of the box nor do they have the guts to try something different. Sony and microsoft however are great at making old nintendo sh*t better.

The older guys here that were raised on Nintendo better pray they never close up shop cause its gonna be 1000x worst than when we lost funcoland.

You young cats probably gonna think the sentence above is not in english
 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM         #86
mcfalcons15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Found a pic of XBOX 720 online.

[pic - click to view]

11-19-2012, 01:11 PM         #87
mcfalcons15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngd said:
wether you think nintendo sucks or not is irrelevant

Nintendo is the sole creative mind of the video game universe meaning while they do make crappy innovations they are still innovations. Without Nintendo the other 2 giants are worthless because they don't think outside of the box nor do they have the guts to try something different. Sony and microsoft however are great at making old nintendo sh*t better.

The older guys here that were raised on Nintendo better pray they never close up shop cause its gonna be 1000x worst than when we lost funcoland.

You young cats probably gonna think the sentence above is not in english
Funcoland. These teenage Nintendo haters have no clue. We need to set some rules to this thread. If you never had to do any of these things, then don't post here.

1) Blow a cartridge to get it to work correctly. (Pause)

2) Develop a system for blowing on a cartridge to get it to work correctly. (Pause Again)

3) Use a second cartridge to hold the cartridge that you want to play, down in the system.

4) Used alcohol pads to clean the cartridge.

5) Thrown away the black sleeve that Nintendo cartridges came in.

6) Paused Mike Tyson punch while you ran to the playground to get witnesses, so all your friends would believe that you beat Mike Tyson.

7) Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start

8) 007-373-5963

9) Circled Super Nintendo in ToysRUs Big Book, or KB Toys circular and sat in on mom's pillow.

10) Had to borrow your friends power cord, cause yours had a shortage in it.

11) Stayed in the house for hours, when Street f!ghter 2 came out on Super Nintendo.
 11-19-2012, 02:07 PM         #88
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tj.iscool said:
controller was utter trash
that n*gga had to be trolling

the n64 was the worst controller of all time

I'd use a mouse & keyboard over that shytty a.ss controller
 5 years ago '11        #89
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
 LAwLB15 said:
that n*gga had to be trolling

the n64 was the worst controller of all time

I'd use a mouse & keyboard over that shytty a.ss controller
I didn't say it was the best controller. It innovated b/c it was the first controller with an analog stick, rumble, and a trigger button. Can you n*ggas read, like, at all?
 5 years ago '12        #90
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 1150 1150
Nintendo is not as big of a company as Microsoft and Sony so they cant afford huge losses when making consoles, so instead of aiming to please fu*k n*ggas like you all, they aim for the whole family. The Wii(97.18 million units sold) outsold both 360(70.2 million) and PS3(70 million), they could careless whether 10 hardcore gamers will buy their sh*t cause they know 3 families will buy it, and have to buy 5 controllers for the family and every game each family member wants, and them n*ggas who think nintendo aint change the game need to leave
 5 years ago '06        #91
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 462 462
fu*k what everyone says. I'm loving my wii u. Me and my girl played for like 5 hours straight yesterday when I brought one home.
 11-19-2012, 02:54 PM         #92
mcfalcons15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Triple0 said:
fu*k what everyone says. I'm loving my wii u. Me and my girl played for like 5 hours straight yesterday when I brought one home.
That's your problem right there. Should have been fu*king.
 5 years ago '07        #93
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
with the wiiU, nintendo has finally joined this generation. before this they were off in some lane they carved out completely to themselves.

i define generation by power of the system. not the release dates. I will always a.ssociate the WiiU with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, not the consoles that come next.

as far as im concerned, nintendo is late to a party everyone is about to leave. but like i said before, nothing wrong with getting a WiiU.
 5 years ago '10        #94
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
Mario lost.
 5 years ago '12        #95
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3992 3992
 Higgins said:
you lost it by saying real gamers.

The obvious choice for games will always be pc + nintendo (if you only get to choose one company) thats the true idort
How the fu*k you come up with that? Some of the biggest releases next year come on Xbox and ps3 only.
 5 years ago '12        #96
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 3992 3992
Does the Wii u even have achievements/trophies for any of their games?
 5 years ago '07        #97
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,837 | Props total: 4815 4815
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
Love Nintendo

These ungrateful n*ggas can't pay no respect to the goats

I'm happy with my Wii u and can't wait for Zelda
zelda,metroid,and possibly castlevania and mega man
 5 years ago '04        #98
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6441 6441
i don't think most of their demo give a sh!t about graphics like that.

can i have fun with a group of friends playing this. thats all they are worried about
 5 years ago '12        #99
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 WhosIt said:
Nintendo is not as big of a company as Microsoft and Sony so they cant afford huge losses when making consoles, so instead of aiming to please fu*k n*ggas like you all, they aim for the whole family. The Wii(97.18 million units sold) outsold both 360(70.2 million) and PS3(70 million), they could careless whether 10 hardcore gamers will buy their sh*t cause they know 3 families will buy it, and have to buy 5 controllers for the family and every game each family member wants, and them n*ggas who think nintendo aint change the game need to leave
Nintendo's $530 Million Loss
Publisher once again misses its sales estimates; pledges 3DS and Wii U will return it to profitablity.
by Richard GeorgeApril 26, 2012TweetNintendo continues to lose incredible sums of money, even as the company's new portable dominates the Japanese market and its reported losses were less than its previous estimates. For the 2011 fiscal year (April 2011 through March 2012), Nintendo posted a historic first-ever net loss of $530 million dollars.

Hardware sales didn't quite hit Nintendo's estimates posted just three months prior, which were themselves revised downward from previous expectations. Globally the Nintendo 3DS sold 13.51 million units, Wii sold 9.84 million units and the DS 'family' sold 5.1 million units. Previous estimates were 14 million 3DSs, 10 million Wiis and 5.5 million units DSs. Software sales for the year were 36 million, 102.37 million and 60.82 million units respectively (3DS, Wii and DS 'family').

Accompanying these results, Nintendo released this statement: "While [Nintendo] did post a loss for the recently completed fiscal year, the continuing momentum of the Nintendo 3DS and the global introduction of the highly-anticipated Wii U home console will drive the company back into profitability in the current year." In a separate release, the company forecast a net profit of $245 million for the upcoming year.

Nintendo further clarified that by the middle of its current fiscal year (approx. August 2012), the 3DS will no longer be sold below cost. The company noted New Super Mario Bros. 2, Animal Crossing and a new Brain Age series title are on the way, with the latter coming to Japan sometime this summer.
Nintendo executives will be discussing the company's financial performance as well as plans for the future in an investor's presentation the morning of April 27 in Japan (that's tomorrow afternoon PT here in the United States). Stay tuned to IGN for any breaking news.

5 years ago '04        #100
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,338 | Props total: 2761 2761
 WhosIt said:
Actually Nintendo is bigger than since Sony is close to bankruptcy.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy