I thought wii U was next gen? Wii U Memory Bandwidth: 17.5GB/s...360: 22.4 GB/s PS3: 22.6 GB/s

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 kaseemromani said:
soo i see my post is just ignored i guess because it makes too much sense for the haters?
Fam this is BXGS. fu*k logic most people on this section just speak the first dumb thought that comes to their head and hope they get a rise out of people.
 5 years ago '11        #42
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
 Soraci7 said:
sh*tty port by lazy devs excuses. Wheres the excuse for Zombie U's lackluster graphics?

The reasoning in this section is non existent

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You're right, reasoning is nonexistent here.
 5 years ago '08        #43
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23338 23338
 mystic boy said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You're right, reasoning is nonexistent here.
But those games were still obviously not running on PS2. Wii U isn't providing a noticeable jump in any of the games we've seen so far. If you posted a screenshot of the 360 version and told people it was Wii U you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. When we went from last gen to this current one, the difference was obvious off the top.

PS2

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

PS3

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

right click the images and open them in a new tab

ones a jaggy mess and the other one isn't.

If you're doing Wii to Wii U comparisons then its a big jump but when you compare PS3/360 to Wii U there aint much of a difference
 5 years ago '11        #44
space
space
Don't expect the same power gap for this gen. It's impossible right now. Even if it was, a youtube video wouldn't really do it any justice.

What's more is that the 360 and Wii U have the same basic architecture. Which one is easier to do in a span of 8 months; copy and paste programming code from the 360 version (that was already made) to the Wii U and taking the extra 5 mins to program in the gamepad functionality, or stripping the the game down and reworking it completely, re-rendering it to a native 1080p, making it run at 60 fps, adding more textures and polygons, and tweaking the physics for the Wii U?

You could argue Razor's Edge possibly, but Team Ninja didn't have enough time to properly test the dev kits and still wasn't fully reworked.
 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM         #45
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's not impossible at all it's just not going to happen. the gap already exists
 5 years ago '08        #46
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
 mystic boy said:
Don't expect the same power gap for this gen. It's impossible right now. Even if it was, a youtube video wouldn't really do it any justice.

What's more is that the 360 and Wii U have the same basic architecture. Which one is easier to do in a span of 8 months; copy and paste programming code from the 360 version (that was already made) to the Wii U and taking the extra 5 mins to program in the gamepad functionality, or stripping the the game down and reworking it completely, re-rendering it to a native 1080p, making it run at 60 fps, adding more textures and polygons, and tweaking the physics for the Wii U?

You could argue Razor's Edge possibly, but Team Ninja didn't have enough time to properly test the dev kits and still wasn't fully reworked.
Honestly I see the Wii U picking up right where the Wii left off when it comes to third party games unless Nintendo funds the project themselves(Beyonetta 2).

Only this time dev costs won't be Wii cheap this time around. Wii U is a proper HD console now so devs will be working with HD console budgets if they want to produce a game with all those bells and whistles you mentioned.

But why would they when MS and Sony will be putting out their new super powerful consoles this time next year. I just don't see devs investing top dollar in a Nintendo console that's once again late to the party capability wise.
 5 years ago '07        #47
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
 One-O-One said:
It all about how you personally define "next-gen". I believe next-gen is defined by not only graphical power but also technological innovation.

Wii is weaker than Xbox360/PS3 power-wise, but its innovation revolutionized the videogame industry.

WiiU will be weaker than Xbox720/PS4, but its innovation that drives the system, not horsepower.

[pic - click to view]

close thread
 5 years ago '08        #48
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
Welp the thread title is wrong, the memory is actually running at 12.8GB/s so almost half as fast as PS3/360

original quote from Anantech article:

There are four 4Gb (512MB) Hynix DDR3-800 devices surrounding the Wii U's MCM (Multi Chip Module). Memory is shared between the CPU and GPU, and if I'm decoding the DRAM part numbers correctly it looks like these are 16-bit devices giving the Wii U a total of 6.4GB/s of peak memory bandwidth. That doesn't sound like a lot, but the Wii U is supposed to have a good amount of eDRAM for both the CPU and GPU to use.

User on Beyond3d correcting his math:
That's not right. 800MHz means DDR3-1600 data rate (hence Double Data Rate...):

Quote:
400 MHz fCK for 800Mb/sec/pin, 533MHz fCK for 1066Mb/sec/pin,
667MHz fCK for 1333Mb/sec/pin, 800MHz fCK for 1600Mb/sec/pin
4 chips * (1600Mb/s*16) ->102,400Mb/s -> 12.8GB/s

edit:

Just realized his WiiU has Hynix memory H5TQ4G63MFR-12C 4Gbit (256Mx16) -> 800MHz clock.

So yeah... DDR3-1600.

Last edited by Arson; 11-18-2012 at 08:40 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #49
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 r.burgundy said:
track record for innovation lol?do u remember products like gyrobot,u-force,and tha power glove?they dont have a good track record at all

kats in here trying to short change Nintendo's contribution to gaming ..... ... NINTENDO.
 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM         #50
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no he was questioning their INNOVATION. Nintendo is KING of the failed peripherals. on top of everything he listed there's things like the virtual boy, gameboy printer, etc. the wiimote added nothing to gaming, even they moved away from it with this, this pad doesn't look like it adds anything, all they do is create pointless "innovation" instead of just focusing on quality
 5 years ago '11        #51
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
no he was questioning their INNOVATION. Nintendo is KING of the failed peripherals. on top of everything he listed there's things like the virtual boy, gameboy printer, etc. the wiimote added nothing to gaming, even they moved away from it with this, this pad doesn't look like it adds anything, all they do is create pointless "innovation" instead of just focusing on quality
 5 years ago '04        #52
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
no he was questioning their INNOVATION. Nintendo is KING of the failed peripherals. on top of everything he listed there's things like the virtual boy, gameboy printer, etc. the wiimote added nothing to gaming

WHOA

5 years ago '06        #53
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8651 8651
coppin one regardless for my son...... Nintendo is mostly for kids anyway.

wii u will have 360/ps3 graphics.

Last edited by marcusaka50; 11-18-2012 at 10:28 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 One-O-One said:
kats in here trying to short change Nintendo's contribution to gaming ..... ... NINTENDO.
i didnt try and short change anything.nintendo is short changin yall.they are tha gimmick kings.damn power glove was 80$
 5 years ago '04        #55
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
i didnt try and short change anything.nintendo is short changin yall.they are tha gimmick kings.damn power glove was 80$

The NES's impact on the entertainment industry as whole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the failure of the power glove
 5 years ago '11        #56
space
space
Nintendo fails:
The VB
Power glove
Wii's online support

Nintendo wins:
The NES
SNES controller's diamond button layout
The analog stick, rumble, and the trigger button on the N64 controller
The damn Wii itself
The Wii U

11-18-2012, 11:57 PM         #57
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One-O-One said:
WHOA

how did it add anything meaningful? I've yet to see one game that was actually improved by it, and couldn't be done without it. I've beat probably the 20 best Wii games, emulated, using a 360 controller 100% fine. that's something that shouldn't happen if it truly added anything.

same sh*t is going to happen with the wii u. oh cool I can use a map on the pad, or tap the screen instead of tapping the A button. that's not adding anything
 11-18-2012, 11:59 PM         #58
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheYoungBlunt said:
Why you Nintendo fans forget about N64 and Gamecube like they weren't great consoles? You mentioned the n64 controller and that other sh*t, but N64 was GOAT in its generation and even though sony and microsoft fans dogged on gamecube, it still had some quality games. Super Mario, Pikmin, Smash Bros... thats all that comes to mind, but it was still a sick console.
console wise the N64 was absolute sh*t from the terrible controller layout to the fu*king expansion pack. gamewise, different story, but the console was horrible.

and gamecube sucked d!ck you named 80% of the good games it has. PS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>GC
 5 years ago '07        #59
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,679 | Props total: 16969 16969
 Arson said:
Honestly I see the Wii U picking up right where the Wii left off when it comes to third party games unless Nintendo funds the project themselves(Beyonetta 2).

Only this time dev costs won't be Wii cheap this time around. Wii U is a proper HD console now so devs will be working with HD console budgets if they want to produce a game with all those bells and whistles you mentioned.

But why would they when MS and Sony will be putting out their new super powerful consoles this time next year. I just don't see devs investing top dollar in a Nintendo console that's once again late to the party capability wise.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #60
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,885 | Props total: 17444 17444
 Soraci7 said:
Substance wise it's a current gen console. It's 2012, they needed an HD system.

There's nothing next gen about it besides it being Nintendo's main console on the market when the 720 and PS4 release in the coming years. By the time they do, Wii U will seem like a dated thing of the past like the PS3 and 360 and people will put it back in that class where it belongs.

I'll give it to them though, they've mastered the art of gimmicks and blowing smoke up people's a.sses with their branding now that they've show up to the game 6-7 years into the cycle.

If it was a real next gen console, I'd be owning one. Just a bunch of knee jerking around here really.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago