Rick Ross Rapper Admits he followed Freeway Rick Ross in Early Interview

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-18-2012, 12:35 AM         #1
7990 pageviews
84 comments

crenshaw90008 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rick Ross Rapper Admits he followed Freeway Rick Ross in Early Interview

[pic - click to view]

Show & Prove: Rick Ross | XXL

Whenever a rapper adopts his tag from a real-life hustler like 50 Cent or Bumpy Johnson, he’s making one hell of a statement. Although he’s already armed with a heavy street rep, Miami native Rick Ross looked toward L.A.’s crack kingpin Freeway Rick to make a name for himself.

“When [I heard his story], it just grabbed me,” says Ross, of his namesake. “It was rumored that he introduced crack to the Crips.” In actuality, the imprisoned Freeway Rick is credited with introducing the deadly drug to the entire city of Los Angeles.

Then the Below image

[video - click to view]

Video Interview Rozay

Freeway Rick's reply

[pic - click to view]

Freeway Ricky Ross Response To Rick Ross: Funk Flex Interview With Open Letter | AllHipHop.com

Freeway Ricky Ross Response To Rick Ross: Funk Flex Interview With Open Letter
by Freeway Ricky Ross

Freeway Ricky Ross

Freeway Ricky Ross continues his battle against rapper Rick Ross, in regards to usage of the name “Rick Ross.” The pair have been at odd’s since Rick Ross released his debut album, Port of Miami, in 2006.

The issue has gone through the legal system, with the rap star coming out the victor on two separate occasions. But Freeway Ricky received a lifeline in the case last week, when a judge ruled that he could pursue a lawsuit against Warner Music, the label that released the album.

Rapper Rick Ross, born William Leonard Roberts II, hosted an interview with Funkmaster Flex last week, where he replied to a number of allegations surrounding the legal beef. This is Freeway Ricky’s full response, in the battle over his own name.

This is Freeway Rick Ross, I’m writing this to reply to William “Rozay” Robert’s interview with Funkmaster Flex addressing my lawsuit. In the streets a name is everything, in Hip Hop it is a career maker. William claims that we are both street dudes and could’ve talked; he and his music label had that chance and thought they could ignore me because I had a life sentence. In prison when you have a federal life sentence you’re considered the walking dead, it is exactly for this reason that they dodged me when I sent multiple requests from prison to sit down about the use of my name and image. When I finally chased William down through my guys on the street, we talked via phone, he gave me a number, and said he would come down to the prison to “chop it up”. He never came, then changed the phone number.

On the street when you take someone’s name and image the first step is to properly approach them, then you can be the lil homie, if they accept. But because he thought I was the walking dead he just stole my name and image. I’m a street dude from LA, it’s documented. William is not a street dude. He is a guy from a good background that had to pass background tests to become an Officer. There’s nothing wrong with being an Officer, just don’t use my name if you were one to gain traction in rap, especially without asking me. I didn’t get treated well by police, they planted drugs and physically beat me, so to have an officer use my name to get into rap is disrespectful.

William said to Big Boy on Power 106 it’s something “sinister” about it regarding being a CO, there ain’t nothing sinister about a CO. It’s a stand up job for a straight guy. I told Gary Webb in interviews for Dark Alliance “Everyday I hustled” then the guy came out with his single “Hustlin.” Well before music labels profiteered on my name and image “RICK ROSS” it had reached everywhere from Time Magazine, CSPAN Congressional Hearings and Newspapers globally, causing global awareness of my image as “RICK ROSS.” I believe the guy studied me, watched TV, read all the press, talked to people that were around me then tricked people when they searched the internet and thought he was me. I had a Louis Vuitton room in my hotel at the Freeway Inn, everybody knew that who were “street dudes.” I turn around and all this guy talks about is Louis Vuitton. In the new “Three Kings” song with Dr. Dre & Jay Z he talks about Crips, the guy knew about me and Crips by his own admission, that’s who I was a.ssociated with because of where I grew up. Also everybody knew I took care of my guys like equals, and was known as the Boss. This guy walks around with my whole image, he has mimicked all of my persona as Rick Ross.

Check out the KDAY LA interview where William explains how he got the name Rick Ross. Under oath he claimed he came up with the name playing football as an All American out the air in 1996. In 1996 I was everywhere on every news channel, newspaper and Gary Webb even did a book “Dark Alliance” on me and the cocaine epidemic. There’s no way someone in love with gang lore like William graduating HS in 96 came up with my name out of thin air. Somewhere between all the lyrics of my image as RICK ROSS moving bricks of cocaine, causing violence/mayhem and being a boss kingpin lost is how my image and right to rehabilitate it has been stolen and licensed. Then I contact Carol City HS just to see if he was All American, and they have no record of a William Roberts playing football in the 90′s. C’mon Man!!!

To have a man tattoo my name on his hands, and then not acknowledge why he did it is a disrespect to me, all my cell mates in for unfairly long crack sentences and the black community that was affected by the cocaine epidemic and Iran Contra Scandal. To have music labels profiteer by pushing the image of the dangerous black criminal is irresponsible. My recent article on Loop 21 and Toure’ article on the Washington Post are a must read to understand. Also you can see the Emmy nominated VH1 Documentary Planet Rock “History of Crack and Hip Hop” to see why my name made William Robert’s career. Telling young people with no hope because of poverty that you can sell drugs and parlay it into a record career is selling false hope.

TELL THE PEOPLE THE TRUTH, THEY GAVE YOU THE MONEY AND YOU HAVE NEVER SOLD A DRUG. IT’S OK TO BE WILLIAM ROBERTS II, rather than the second Rick Ross.

Last edited by crenshaw90008; 11-18-2012 at 01:04 AM..

84 comments for "Rick Ross Rapper Admits he followed Freeway Rick Ross in Early Interview"

5 years ago '05        #2
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,162 | Props total: 1504 1504
Man We know this.....The n*ggas WHOLE IMAGE is cut from Rick Ross......Big Time Drug Dealer moving State to State.....The Beard.....Etc
 5 years ago '10        #3
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
"when rick ross got beef im on the internet talking everyday"
 11-18-2012, 06:03 AM         #4
WordOnThaStreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn this n*gga ross is a foul human being 4 lying like that
 11-18-2012, 06:14 AM         #5
cheenz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh sh*t!!!! you know Grafted is about to come cuss u out for this sh*t rite???
That n*gga is the Bruce Wayne of Stan's Soon as you anyone put anything with Ross name in it on Slumz...it's like this mofo have a Bat Signal!!!!

But yeah Brah...
Be prepared to be called an outsider-White-Racist- and he will claim you dont understand the hip-hop culture in 5...4...3...2...
 11-18-2012, 07:53 AM         #6
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To have a man tattoo my name on his hands, and then not acknowledge why he did it is a disrespect to me, all my cell mates in for unfairly long crack sentences and the black community that was affected by the cocaine epidemic and Iran Contra Scandal. To have music labels profiteer by pushing the image of the dangerous black criminal is irresponsible. My recent article on Loop 21 and Toure’ article on the Washington Post are a must read to understand. Also you can see the Emmy nominated VH1 Documentary Planet Rock “History of Crack and Hip Hop” to see why my name made William Robert’s career. Telling young people with no hope because of poverty that you can sell drugs and parlay it into a record career is selling false hope.
Gotta to that statement.
 5 years ago '09        #7
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
1 minute: yeah man i got my name from him i followed his story

2 minutes later: never heard of freeway ricky, my momma gave me this name

this dude is a cb4 as it gets the sad part people say "its all about music" im sorry but sometimes u have to draw a line, i get embellishing on certain truths but straight out lies and fabrications, sh*t is disgusting
 5 years ago '10        #8
Livin Life 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2781 2781
Damn Ross, I fu*k with his music but sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #9
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,162 | Props total: 11470 11470
You a fu*kin retard if you thought he didn't know who Ross was. When he says he didn't know ricky, he basically saying he don't give a fu*k or doesn't give a fu*k about the question.

Don't be stupid
 11-18-2012, 12:04 PM         #10
cheenz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
You a fu*kin retard if you thought he didn't know who Ross was. When he says he didn't know ricky, he basically saying he don't give a fu*k or doesn't give a fu*k about the question.

Don't be stupid
How the fu*k do you kno wat(Edit)he ment???
The n*gga been a fu*king Liar How can Anyone take anything this n*gga say serious???

STFU u d!ck riding fu*k Boy!!!!!!

If ross came out and Say 'I'm Gay and I like fu*king n*ggas in their a.ss" you be on here saying "What me mean was "He is Gay=Happy And if you Question his s3xuality he will fu*k n*ggas a.sses up=f!ghting" ...n*gga GTFOH and stop carrying water for this n*gga!!

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by cheenz; 11-18-2012 at 12:24 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #11
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 cheenz said:
How the fu*k do you kno that when he ment???
The n*gga been a fu*king Liar How can Anyone take anything this n*gga say serious???

If ross came out and Say 'I'm Gay and I like fu*king n*ggas in their a.ss" you be on here saying "What me mean was "He is Gay=Happy And if you Question his s3xuality he will fu*k n*ggas a.sses up=f!ghting" ...n*gga GTFOH and stop carrying water for this n*gga!!

[pic - click to view]

Retarded.
 5 years ago '10        #12
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 cheenz said:
How the fu*k do you kno that when he ment???

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #13
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
he aint been to sleep in 14 years.....
 5 years ago '04        #14
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
its only entertainment...idk why n*ggas is still gettin all riled up

ppl still gonna listen to Ross music so it dont even matter
 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM         #15
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dash420 said:
its only entertainment...idk why n*ggas is still gettin all riled up

ppl still gonna listen to Ross music so it dont even matter
Don't a.ssume it's n*ggas getting riled up its actually wiiggas hiding behind those avi's.

He picked a drug dealers name for his stage name because it sounded catchy and then the drug-dealer sues him for using the name and he acts like he never heard of him....sound like a good move if you being sued but maybe I'm too intelligent.

White folks make this thread at least once a week but I can't figure out why.
 5 years ago '06        #16
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 3691 3691
not suprised he lies all the time
 5 years ago '04        #17
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
Ross is dumb..

all he had to do when he came out was say... Yes.. I got my name from Freeway Ricky Ross.. his early life is akin to my own and so I felt a connection to the name.. plus alot of my friends called me Rick cause my last name was Roberts and alot of Roberts are also called Rick... or Bobby ..

END DISCUSSION.. Move forward from that.. and none of this bs would be occuring now if he had just paid homage

same thing with Nicki Minaji... if she had done the same.. there woulda been no beef with Kim
 5 years ago '12        #18
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 .Mase Da Rula. said:
Ross is dumb..

all he had to do when he came out was say... Yes.. I got my name from Freeway Ricky Ross.. his early life is akin to my own and so I felt a connection to the name.. plus alot of my friends called me Rick cause my last name was Roberts and alot of Roberts are also called Rick... or Bobby ..

END DISCUSSION.. Move forward from that.. and none of this bs would be occuring now if he had just paid homage

same thing with Nicki Minaji... if she had done the same.. there woulda been no beef with Kim
but then their would have been a small chance that he loses that lawsuit, or Freeway tries to take more credit for his success.

Thats why I a.ssume his standard answer became he didnt know dude. Legal purposes.
 5 years ago '12        #19
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,309 | Props total: 439 439
 Graftedgenes said:
Don't a.ssume it's n*ggas getting riled up its actually wiiggas hiding behind those avi's.

He picked a drug dealers name for his stage name because it sounded catchy and then the drug-dealer sues him for using the name and he acts like he never heard of him....sound like a good move if you being sued but maybe I'm too intelligent.

White folks make this thread at least once a week but I can't figure out why.

Terrible use of ad hominem, How you gonna speculate ad hominem

But yo if you under 18. You still got time to step up ya mental.
 5 years ago '05        #20
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,459 | Props total: 25150 25150
 crenshaw90008 said:
Then the Below
Video Interview Rozay
...Our Old Interview....TRUE Magazine
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy