GameStop Set To Close 200 Stores, Blames “The Longevity of the Current Console Cycle”

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
191 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 Krazie said:
Those employees have quotas to meet just like the managers, if they under-perform too badly, the company won't hesitate to give them the ax. Gamestop is grimy like that.
Come on man. Gamestop is Grimy like that? No retail is Grimy like that. Retail is a tough field to succeed in these days especially with online shopping. These companies have to f!ght for every dollar. Actually find me a company that won't fire you if you don't perform to their set metrics.
 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM         #62
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought a lot of gamestops being down the street from each other was just here. That place is robbery. All the locally owned stores here downed their trade in value and upped the game prices to get as much money as them.

@ all these companies that are trying to make the unemployment rate go up on purpose.
 5 years ago '07        #63
datni99ajb 
space
space
space
$258 | Props total: 3 3
 IronMaiden said:
Blame your gouging and sh*tty business practice.
 11-18-2012, 02:48 PM         #64
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #65
MC Puto 
space
space
$639 | Props total: 269 269
 DaRealMrLRP said:
(which used to have a FuncoLand on the inside as well)
The one next to the target was a funcoland too.

I used to go there to get Pokémon cards. . Im in Dallas tho.
 5 years ago '10        #66
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,615 | Props total: 689 689
 MC Puto said:
I didn't know gamestops across the street from each other was a common occurrence elsewhere. Here there's one in the mall, one across the street from the mall, and one RIGHT DOWN THE BLOCK next to a Target.

It does suck for the normal employees (time to apply at Best Buy ) I know a ton of people personally who work there, but for real though what the hell do you expect when you're buying 360s from homies for 40 bucks and flipping it for triple the price. Does anyone know what exactly a "restocking fee" is?
We have a few malls around me where there are 2 Gamestops in them. Like the top floor has a Gamestop, then there is one by the food court.
 5 years ago '05        #67
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 508 508
I hate game stop
 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM         #68
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gamestop is trash. Sucks for the workers, always the little people getting the sh*t end of the stick.
 5 years ago '05        #69
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56
the mall near me in dover delaware had an eb and a gamestop in it. when gamestop bought eb they just changed it to a gamestop and there was 2 gamestops in the same mall for years. they just recently closed the smaller of the 2 a few months ago i think.

i havent bought a game from gamestop in years, i buy and sell all my video games on ebay or amazon. i get more money for my game and the person buyin it from me is payin less than wut theyd pay at gamestop so its a win win.
 5 years ago '04        #70
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
A restocking fee is charged in some places because:

If you're returning an item, it has to be restored/refreshed so that it can be sold as an open item, at a loss...and it also costs labor...

example:

you buy a laptop at $399. you use it, dont like it and return it. it is going to be sold at no higher than $359.

it takes me two hours to fully restore the product so that's another $30. and finally. i paid about $392 for that laptop as a company so i make $7 if i sell one. minus the $70 which is a negative $63 (-$63) that i can only make up by selling something with the computer that is pure profit (warranty). if the computer is at the end of its shelf life, i also have to pay that cost ($392) every month i have it past the contract of having to sell a certain amount of units by a certain date.

Last edited by Kalon; 11-18-2012 at 05:18 PM..
 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM         #71
FreshBoideuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They already closed one around my way a few months ago and they did it real quick too, sucks cuz I used to get all of my games from there
 5 years ago '05        #72
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,702 | Props total: 6924 6924
Its too many of them this sh*t was inevitable a mall round my way has two of them inside and one outside the mall sh*t ridiculous
 5 years ago '09        #73
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,067 | Props total: 1113 1113
 Da Ill One said:
Their crooks because people choose to accept their prices... Stop trading games into them and their prices will go up...
Shut up with that "the customers accept being treated like sh*t, not Gamestop's fault " bullsh*t you spout fu*kboy. Gamestop are scumbags and this makes me happy.
 5 years ago '09        #74
xslick504 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,844 | Props total: 1633 1633
n*ggas just opened 2 in the past 3 years here

1 last week

3 total

1 is 30 seconds in a car from my place .... the other 2 are 7 mins from me....

past em all up on the way to Best Buy

Last edited by xslick504; 11-18-2012 at 08:16 PM..
 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM         #75
bobbydrake6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
or maybe its because they did stupid sh*t like this
A & B are both Gamestops....in MISSISSIPPI

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by bobbydrake6; 11-18-2012 at 06:41 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #76
Steelgrip 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,856 | Props total: 6117 6117
when I went to pick up my AC3 guy asked me if I wanted a 3$ warranty on the disk and tried to tell me I couldn't return it if it came pre-damaged.
 5 years ago '05        #77
brooklyn2philly 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 1667 1667
 KURUPTION!!! said:
Come on man. Gamestop is Grimy like that? No retail is Grimy like that. Retail is a tough field to succeed in these days especially with online shopping. These companies have to f!ght for every dollar. Actually find me a company that won't fire you if you don't perform to their set metrics.
U really dnt know gamestop then U ever realize how ur always seeing a new face like every other month at a gamestop? they fire and hire like its for fun!!
 5 years ago '11        #78
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
 brooklyn2philly said:
U really dnt know gamestop then U ever realize how ur always seeing a new face like every other month at a gamestop? they fire and hire like its for fun!!
Thank You. Although, I will say the gamestop I go to out at the mall the same guy has been working at that particular one for a few years though. In some cases, they relocate them to different stores depending on the shortage of employees at said location.

I really don't like messing with gamestop b/c of they're trade-in rip offs. If I go to gamestop and by a game it's b/c it a final option for me which is not very often.
 5 years ago '04        #79
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
Zero fu*ks given. GameStop's been slangin Vaseline and overpriced video games to the public for years. See you sumbi*ches at Best Buy.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago