GameStop Set To Close 200 Stores, Blames “The Longevity of the Current Console Cycle”

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #41
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 IronMaiden said:
Blame your gouging and sh*tty business practice.
This ^^^^

It's fu*ked up so many people have to lose their jobs around the country but, lets face it Gamestop has been ripping off customers for years. I stopped trading in my games to GS like 2 or 3 years ago when I found a online site to trade my games to in which I can get much more credit for the games I get rid of.

In the long run, I see gamestop as whole going out of business in the next 5-10 years especially if digital gaming/downloading gets faster and better. The only time I might go to gamestop is when I'm at the mall all I might get is PSN/Live subscription cards.
 5 years ago '11        #42
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 KURUPTION!!! said:
This should be expected. They opened way too many stores when they were having all of that success years back. Economy, online passes, amazon (the God), etc. has added up. They can really offer the deals that other stores offer because they have no product that would recoup the costs outside of used games. If they're blaming this console generation for being to long I wonder what they'll do when no where near as many big budget games come out next generation. Their time is done.
The bottom line is that basically these online sites like amazon is just taking over and eating into gamestop's profits/business b/c they just simply have better deals online overall and they are barely competing with the competition.

One store they seriously need to get rid of very quickly is gameplay (the same as GS but the deals are even worse which is amazing)
 11-17-2012, 11:01 PM         #43
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It funny because I have 2 game stops that are less than 2 miles distance from each other on the east side and even on the west side it's the same situation
 11-17-2012, 11:59 PM         #44
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice, fu*k gamestop, Amazon & ebay>
 11-18-2012, 12:51 AM         #45
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obama is taking a giant hit for him just being reelected, first Hostess, now Gamestop
 11-18-2012, 03:51 AM         #46
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not a fan of gamestop/EB Games at all. Wonder how much the Gamestop CEO makes per year. Lot of times these companies complaining about how they're profits are down, are paying their CEO's hundreds of millions per year. Allegedly Hostess' CEO was getting a 300% raise as they were complaining about paying benefits. smh

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #47
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,376 | Props total: 476 476
the put these lil gamestop places in small areas and rack up too...
 5 years ago '05        #48
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21054 21054
They have too many fu*king stores anyway. We have 3 different stores within 1 or 2 miles of each other. It amazes me that they can all stay open.
 5 years ago '10        #49
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,437 | Props total: 2395 2395
 Flying Jesus said:
the people in charge are not the ones suffering though, the people just trying to earn a buck working at the stores are.
That may be true but there are employees there that straight try and fu*k you over and do so with a straight face then they say "I was just doing what my manger told me to do just following orders" just to make a quick buck I have no sympathy for them.
 5 years ago '10        #50
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
Btw anyoney no how much I can get for bf3 homefront and a 250hd at bestbuys trade in thing?
 5 years ago '04        #51
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 shadydre85 said:
That may be true but there are employees there that straight try and fu*k you over and do so with a straight face then they say "I was just doing what my manger told me to do just following orders" just to make a quick buck I have no sympathy for them.
What do you want them to do or say? They didn't come up with selling gutted copies of games as new, sh*tty trade in values, pushing magazine subs and preorders. It's their fu*king job. You can hate the company all you want, but if you think those employees like what they're being told to do you're mistaken. How exactly did they go outside of policy to fu*k you over?
 5 years ago '08        #52
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
I hate to say it but fu*k them I HAVEN'T got anything from them in years. They have terrible service, I got some sh*t a.ss boxing game for like $18.00 and I'm like this sucks. I go to take it back, put it on the counter the dude just smiling like oh it'll $4.60. I'm like I'm not trading it I'm returning it, his face broke like a bi*ch. fu*k them only as*holes seam to get hired there anyway.
 5 years ago '06        #53
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Da Ill One said:
Their crooks because people choose to accept their prices... Stop trading games into them and their prices will go up...
no they will keep shutting stores and blaming others
 5 years ago '06        #54
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 S.TEX said:
the CEO won't take a hit to his check book so fu*k the little guy, fu*k you little guy!

These guys make a fu*king k!lling raping uninformed consumers and they top it off by firing their pushers. fu*k these guys.
this. they always screw the employees and eventually they will blame Obama
 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM         #55
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

from last year, fu*k you small guy eat a d!ck!
 5 years ago '11        #56
MC Puto 
space
space
$639 | Props total: 269 269
I didn't know gamestops across the street from each other was a common occurrence elsewhere. Here there's one in the mall, one across the street from the mall, and one RIGHT DOWN THE BLOCK next to a Target.

It does suck for the normal employees (time to apply at Best Buy ) I know a ton of people personally who work there, but for real though what the hell do you expect when you're buying 360s from homies for 40 bucks and flipping it for triple the price. Does anyone know what exactly a "restocking fee" is?
 5 years ago '04        #57
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 1361 1361
my local gamestop is still fu*ked up from the hurricane so im guessing its one of them and they just wont renovate.
 5 years ago '10        #58
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
What do you want them to do or say? They didn't come up with selling gutted copies of games as new, sh*tty trade in values, pushing magazine subs and preorders. It's their fu*king job. You can hate the company all you want, but if you think those employees like what they're being told to do you're mistaken. How exactly did they go outside of policy to fu*k you over?
look im not saying all of them like getting a kick out of screwing people over but there are some who do iv seen younger kids get ripped off infront of me at game stop and start crying after they realized they got had as there walking out of the gamestop with the employe laughing i wanted to brake that guys jaw real quick!.
 11-18-2012, 11:04 AM         #59
DaRealMrLRP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MC Puto said:
I didn't know gamestops across the street from each other was a common occurrence elsewhere. Here there's one in the mall, one across the street from the mall, and one RIGHT DOWN THE BLOCK next to a Target.

It does suck for the normal employees (time to apply at Best Buy ) I know a ton of people personally who work there, but for real though what the hell do you expect when you're buying 360s from homies for 40 bucks and flipping it for triple the price. Does anyone know what exactly a "restocking fee" is?
Is you in the bay area, i have the exact same GS locations in my area ... its a damn shame really.

Southland Mall (which used to have a FuncoLand on the inside as well), Outside of the Mall, and the off A Street.

Almost everywhere I go there is roughly 2 of them and the parking lot STAYS empty except on holidays and major release dates
 5 years ago '05        #60
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21054 21054
 shadydre85 said:
Those employees have quotas to meet just like the managers, if they under-perform too badly, the company won't hesitate to give them the ax. Gamestop is grimy like that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago