NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
11034 pageviews
54 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Zombie U Review Roundup

GameSpot

[pic - click to view]

Video Review - ZombiU - GameSpot.com

IGN - 6.5

[video - click to view]

ONM - 92/100

Edge - 7/10

GI - 5/10

[pic - click to view]

Eurogamer - 9/10

[pic - click to view]

Destructoid - 8/10

More later, gamespot's was just leaked and wasn't supposed to actually be up.

Last edited by Jesszman; 11-18-2012 at 01:25 PM..

54 comments for "Zombie U Review Roundup"

11-17-2012, 09:23 AM         #2
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wonder if it's another

Can't trust GS, fire Gerstmann over low scoring K&L2, backtracking on other reviews
 5 years ago '11        #3
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
Yeah, i'm skeptical, but at the same time I'm not. The game's review embargo doesn't go up until 9am tomorrow, after everyone already has it, that alone says bad things.
 5 years ago '04        #4
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
Im expecting a bunch of 6's and 7's for this game.
 5 years ago '05        #5
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Yoo That review should be fired on the stop and not be let anywhere near video games. It sounds like they gave the game to the wrong idiot who just wanted to play something where you run around mindlessly. Seems he's mad as fu*k that Ubisoft actually made this game into a survival horror game instead of a run around and beat on zombies like an idiot. After watching his review I actually want the game more now because if I wanted to beat on zombies endlessly and easily I can already play L4D or Dead Rising on my 360.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #6
space
space
space
The game. Looks incredibly boring. You're eating zombies half the time and the story obviously has its problems.
 5 years ago '11        #7
space
space
space
I think his main gripe was the fact that it seemed pointless. What's going on with the story? Why does the guy know the name of all of your replacements? And then the combat looks dull as hell. Beating zombies with a bat doesn't look like it's fun at all.
 5 years ago '04        #8
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Based on what the reviewer expected from this game I am encouraged that its not what he expected. Shame on him for reviewing a game based off of what he likes to see in a zombie game and now for what genre the game actually is. A reviewers job should be scoring the game based on what the game is (they seen the previews they know what its about). It should not be based on their expectations of a game.

To me thats great, fu*k a fast a paced zombie experience where you mindlessly take out zombies in an on rails story mode.

I don't expect the story to be very in depth or even great, lets face it its probably like most zombie stories they really are predictable and don't have much to them. As long as the surviving aspect feels good and I feel like I am struggling with a lack of supplies I will know the game is fulfilling its goal

I saw gamefly shipped this game for me so I will get it Monday and judge for myself. I don't expect 9 or 10s. I'd guess 7-8 range and thats fine I am not expecting this huge masterpiece everyone loves.
 5 years ago '04        #9
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
I agree it feels to me this game is a authentic zombie survival type of game your ammo is limited and you dont want to attract noise you have to be very smart about how you f!ght or your positioning this guy was mad as sh*t he probably kept dying you see him jump from like 10 feet onto a zombie lmao

dudes a fu*king idiot
Probably I wouldn't be surprised, Ubisoft did come out and say the game will be frustrating for most and it isn't easy. They said you are going to die and die a lot because people aren't used to survival horror FPSs on console.

They also had one previewer and then later a Ubisoft employee state its the Dark Souls of FPS survival games and we all know those games are no joke in terms of difficulty curve.

I credit Ubi for trying to be original and make a Zombie game that isn't about running and gunning zombies mindlessly, and I will give it a try myself and see if its good or not they earned that much.
 11-17-2012, 01:41 PM         #10
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
See, the problem is what you people are describing sounds kind of interesting...however if you watch the video, that's not at all what it is. Maybe it was the idea, but do you see how boring it looks? Zombie slowly stumbles up, he hit it (with 0 chance of being hit back) like 6 times slow as fu*k, then repeated it. Again. And again. And the fact that he said that's pretty much the weapon you'll have the entire game is worrisome.

It looks like Left 4 Dead if you took out the fun and danger.
 5 years ago '04        #11
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
See, the problem is what you people are describing sounds kind of interesting...however if you watch the video, that's not at all what it is. Maybe it was the idea, but do you see how boring it looks? Zombie slowly stumbles up, he hit it (with 0 chance of being hit back) like 6 times slow as fu*k, then repeated it. Again. And again. And the fact that he said that's pretty much the weapon you'll have the entire game is worrisome.

It looks like Left 4 Dead if you took out the fun and danger.
I don't want it to be fast though, Zombies stumble up slow because its being hit by a cricket bat over and over, if it gets up and bites you all fast after that its bad game design. Thats going to be the only weapon you have all game if your retarded and don't consume ammo also if you don't search for ammo when your low thats on you.

Only thing I fear for this game is that it might have bad game design and cheap mechanics that make deaths feel cheap, because thats lazy development and its a way to cheat the difficulty curve. Hope that not the case.

Ill get it Monday and ill see if its a.ss ill call it a.ss, but I don't think that will be the case. I truly hope this is the Dark Souls of survival horror FPS.

Last edited by K1; 11-17-2012 at 01:49 PM..
 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM         #12
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why would it be the only weapon other than guns though? A semi-open zombie game in 2012 on a next gen system, and you can't pick up weapons?

And it doesn't have to be fast, but based on that one video i just want there's absolutely 0 danger outside of running through an area and getting surrounded. None of the zombies he was f!ghting could do anything at all and it looks like the "hardness" comes from the fact that it takes fu*king 8 hits to k!ll a defenseless zombie. I can guarantee you it's going to nothing like "the dark souls of survival horror", outside it MAYBE being hard there's clearly no adaptation of new strategy's or anything you have to learn, just one vs one zombies with the same weapon, repeat

Looks like a poor mans Day Z mixed with an easier Left 4 Dead, with all the fun sapped out. Of course I haven't played and have no intention of getting a wii u at all so let me know but based on what i saw, not impressed at all
 11-17-2012, 02:07 PM         #13
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
false and Demon's Souls is better
 5 years ago '08        #14
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23333 23333
wii u is trash, news at 11
 5 years ago '04        #15
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 272 272
I pre-ordered

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #16
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,667 | Props total: 17912 17912
this game looks awful
 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM         #17
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Picking up my wii-u tonight and pulling an all nighter

Haven't done this since the fu*king dreamcast

ZOMBIE U HERE I fu*kING COME
 5 years ago '07        #18
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,667 | Props total: 17912 17912
 IronMaiden said:
Picking up my wii-u tonight and pulling an all nighter

Haven't done this since the fu*king dreamcast

ZOMBIE U HERE I fu*kING COME
you wont be able to keep your eyes open playing that boring a.ss game
 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM         #19
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Flawless Image said:
you wont be able to keep your eyes open playing that boring a.ss game
fu*k you! This game is gonna be a 10/10!

But seriously i have played 2 different builds of the game and loved it both times at 2 different events and it's defiantly not for everyone but i really really enjoyed it both times.
 5 years ago '05        #20
kaseemromani 41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,740 | Props total: 248 248
ONM gave it a 92
Gamemaster gave it a 97
edge gave it a 7 add these to op
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments