most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
10525 pageviews
367 comments

PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
The Official Wii U Thread

[pic - click to view]

The Wii U
Release Date: November 18th 2012
The Wii U is the first Nintendo console to support high-definition graphics, capable of producing video output up to 1080p, and has 2 GB of memory with half dedicated to the console's operating system. The console will be released in two versions: a "Basic" white-colored version with 8 GB of internal Flash storage; and a "Deluxe" black-colored version with 32 GB of Flash storage, which includes stand and docks. An HDMI cable will be included with both versions. The Wii U's primary controller is the Wii U GamePad, which features an embedded touchscreen. The touchscreen is used to supplement the main gameplay shown on the television or, with supported games, can allow the player to continue playing games by displaying the main gameplay even when the television is off. In addition to the Wii U GamePad, a more traditional controller, called the Wii U Pro Controller, will also be available.

[pic - click to view]

• The Wii U uses a proprietary optical disc format based off Blu Ray discs, allowing for up to 25GB of storage on a single layer. The disc transfers data at 22.5 MB/sec, which is the faster than any current console; don't expect long loading times.
  • The Wii U is a champion of RAM, with 2GB of system RAM, out of which a staggering 1GB is saved for the system OS.
  • The Wii U supports hard drives of any size from its USB ports, along with SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards upto 64GB of memory, over its SD card port.
  • The Wii U is fully backwards compatible with your Wii, including your Wii games, accessories, controllers, WiiWare games, and Virtual Console.
  • The Wii U is not compatible with Gamecube games and controllers; expect Gamecube games to show up on the Virtual Console, however.
  • The Wii U is 3D compatible. If you have a stereoscopic 3D enabled display, and a game supports it, the Wii U allows for 3D games.
  • The Wii U does not have a system wide achievements system. Games are free to implement achievements if they wish to, and you can ever share these achievements via Miiverse, but there is no such system integrated at the OS level.
  • The Wii U is the first home console ever to have an HDMI cable included in the box. No, seriously.

Price and Bundles

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Nintendo Network
Nintendo Network is Nintendo's second stab at making an online service, and unlike the Nintendo Wi Fi Connection, this one is actually focused and on par with the competition, even exceeding it in several key areas. If you have used a 3DS online, then you already have an idea of what Nintendo Network is like. People who designed the original Xbox Live for Xbox 360 helped in key areas with Nintendo Network, and it shows.

Some key features for Nintendo Network are:
  • Unified user accounts: No more Friend Codes, you will be identified online via your Nintendo Network account, which you make when you first setup your Wii U console. A single console can support up to twelve different Nintendo Network accounts at any given time.
  • eShop: eShop is Nintendo's online storefront for digital offerings, and as anyone with a 3DS will attest to, Nintendo learned from their mistakes from WiiWare and DSiWare. eShop will be offering retail versions for digital games on the day of their release, offering exclusive digital games available only there, demoes, apps, Virtual Console games, and WiiWare games, and DLC, in addition to apps. Your purchases are no longer tied to your console like with the DSi and the Wii, and are instead a.ssociated with your Nintendo Network account; eShop also supports video streaming, screenshots, user ratings and reviews. The eShop on the Wii U will feature a streamlined downloading process to expedite the process and make sure you can jump into your game as soon as possible. Games bought on a Wii U console are playable from all accounts on that console, regardless of whether they are a.ssociated with the game or not.
  • Miiverse: Miiverse is Nintendo's always on, persistent social network built right into the Wii U OS, that is as much of a system showcase as the Wii U Gamepad is. The Miiverse is a social hub, that is the first thing players see when they power the Wii U on. It allows players to chat with each other, message each other, share status updates regarding games, share game information (such as warning for a particularly tough level), and collaborate on beating games together. It also allows users to share their impressions on games via screenshot sharing and reviews on the eShop.
  • Connectivity with 3DS and other devices: A future feature, your Nintendo Network account will be integrated fully with your 3DS account, meaning you finally have a fully integrated Nintendo Network unified account, and never have to worry about your digital purchases and ventures after that. Your Nintendo Network account will also be accessible from PCs, tablets, smartphones, and other internet enabled devices.
  • Internet browser: Wii U offers a full fledged, HTML 5 enabled internet browser that can be accessed at any time during the game without losing your progress,
  • Chatting: Allowing for a full range of messaaging, from text messages to video chatting enabled via the Wii U Gamepad, the Wii U ensures you never play alone. In game voice chat is also supported, albiet on a game by game basis; there is no official Wii U headset, however, and third party ones have to be purchased. Voice chat is supported only via the Wii U Gamepad's headphone jack, so if you are planning on playing with the Wii U Pro controller, make sure to keep the Gamepad somewhere close by.

Nintendo TVii
While the Wii U won't play movie discs, it does support full media integration via Amazon Video, Youtube, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. In addition, Nintendo is providing an unprecedented media service of its own, called Nintendo TVii.

Available only in United States and Canada, Nintendo TVii is a free TV aggregation service that lets you browse content from multiple services, to which you're subscribed such as Netflix and Hulu, Live TV and your DVR/Tivo. You can also comment/chat with your friends whilst watching live TV, via Miiverse and Twitter/Facebook. The Wii U hardware doesn't have Tivo/DVR capabilities built in, so that functionality will only work in this service with separate hardware."

[pic - click to view]

Nintendo TVii enables you to find, watch, and engage with TV shows, movies and sports programming, all from the Wii U GamePad. This free service will be available in the United States and Canada sometime in December for users with a broadband wireless Internet connection.

[pic - click to view]

Nintendo TVii will support all cable and dish carriers in the US and Canada. No major carriers are excluded, and the only requirement for signing up is inputting your cable company's account information to the Wii U. DVR and TiVO functionality are plugged in similarly, where users input information via web, and services resultantly pop up on the Wii U.

Notable Launch Day Games:
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • ZombiU
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Sonic & All Stars Racing
  • NintendoLand
  • Epic Mickey 2
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
  • Just Dance 4
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
  • Darksiders II

367 comments for "The Official Wii U Thread"

5 years ago '05        #2
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Nintendo Network IDs:

BX Name - NN ID
stargod - Stargod520
kaseemromani - Romanithegreat
rockcityv2 - FLOWtv
K1Entertainment - OrangeCrush
SSJVEGETO - TheProtege9020
Jae_Mike - Ja3mik3
ej5486 - Ej5486
mastermind_AD - Frankie_Beverly
stv18 - SteeloGreen

Props to charizard from Gamestop and Google for all the info
Official release is in less then 24 hours. Post up impressions, concerns, hate, thoughts, more hate in the thread as people get their hands on this console. Now that I'm getting once within release window instead of a year later decided it was time for this thread The launch games are kind of meh to me so far due to the fact I've beat most of them already

Last edited by PhI|0z0pH3r; 11-22-2012 at 11:30 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #3
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
 5 years ago '09        #4
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14050 14050
Has anyone received emails saying their orders shipped? I read on some other forums that GameStop and be games have shipped out the wii u's. I preordered with toys r us and haven't received anything. After seeing how awesome mario looks on my 60 inch on jimmy Fallon tonight, I want that sh*t. Toys r us better not fu*k me. If I don't receive it before thanksgiving ill be pissed. I'd have to wait till next week then.
 5 years ago '07        #5
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
already confirmed with walmart that they will have mine ready at midnight.
 5 years ago '05        #6
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,336 | Props total: 1694 1694
Can't believe you guys in the U.S. get it Nov 18. Australians get it on the 30th - we lost
 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM         #7
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've decided I'll cop this, tough decision, but Zombiu looks nice and I'm sure my kids will like nintendo land.
 5 years ago '07        #8
stargod 
space
space
space
$2,746 | Props total: 162 162

Not sure if my Walmart is doing a midnight release.Bouta head there in a few hours to see if someone's foolish enough to let me get it early,see if they got games on the shelves yet.
 5 years ago '04        #9
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
The launch games are kind of meh to me so far due to the fact I've beat most of them already

How you beat them already?
 5 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
How you beat them already?
I'm talking about ME3, AC3, Batman:AC, Darksiders II, Black Ops 2, Epic Mickey 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3. sh*t even today I'm about to acquire Sonic & All Stars Racing for my little nephew and probably play it with hin
 5 years ago '04        #11
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
I'm talking about ME3, AC3, Batman:AC, Darksiders II, Black Ops 2, Epic Mickey 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3. sh*t even today I'm about to acquire Sonic & All Stars Racing for my little nephew and probably play it with hin
Ahh yeah I forgot almost all of the launch games were Multi Plat games...I was thinking you meant like NSMBU and ZOmbieU you beat ...I was like how
 5 years ago '11        #12
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
It's not the same game, it's not the same content.
 5 years ago '09        #13
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14050 14050
 IeatDatAzz04 said:
Yeah Target shipped mine today

Your tv was on Jimmy Fallon

But na that sh*t was funny with him and reggie
I don't watch Fallon. I'm a Conan and kümmel guy, I only watched to see Reggie. Fallon is terrible.
 5 years ago '05        #14
space
space
I'm not expecting mines till Black Friday most likely since I haven't receive any shipping info yet.
 5 years ago '04        #15
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,092 | Props total: 2398 2398
Debating about this. I'm thinking if I see this out on Black Friday I'm in.
 5 years ago '04        #16
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,485 | Props total: 872 872
fu*k gamestop for not doing a midnight launch. Guess oh well. I got BO2 to hold me down until 10 tomorrow morning.
 5 years ago '05        #17
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 480 480
I did a BB in-store pickup. Got an e-mail to go get it tomorrow.
 5 years ago '04        #18
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
My Wal-Mart order has shipped. Target order has not.
 5 years ago '05        #19
space
space
Some lucky kid from GFaqs got his already and some people said they've managed to confused ppl and get theres early from stores. Newegg better have my sh*t here my Wednesday I wanna have this hooked up for Thanksgiving.

GFaq kid that got his.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #20
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
looks beautiful. Can't wait to get mine next year.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
49 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
207 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy