Royce White: "Im Willing To Quit"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,612 | Props total: 4064 4064
 Dun Dada said:
I dont get it cant he just play home games or atleast practice I mean in College im sure he played most of the games...I thought he just had an anxiety of flying not of playing basketball
There running a business before anything else the NBA is a BUSINESS this was a HUGE fu*k up by the rockets not to vet this better but he is not cut out for the NBA plain and simple . He has a disorder that will prevent him from playing in the NBA its that simple this is not for him .
 5 years ago '04        #62
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
He's a fu*kin idiot. The rockets nor any other team is gonna cater to him because he's not that good. He's not superstar talent so he needs to stop acting like a fu*king diva.

n*ggas is hungry as hell for this opportunity and he's throwing it away because he's scared of getting panic attacks on a plane? He shouldve tried getting help for his anxiety before he came into the league.

He was obviously good enough to be the 16th pick in the draft after playing for Iowa State...

DontHateDaGreat said:
So he didn't have to deal with this in college? They just drove everywhere? If he can't get over this then he shouldn't be in the NBA plane and simple

He did deal with it in college, that's how he ended up in Iowa State, instead of a bigger school, couldn't get on the plane for visits.
 11-17-2012, 10:39 PM         #63
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On the one hand, the Rockets should have dealt with this before drafting him. Unfortunately a lot of teams get that mindset of they're gonna do whatever they want, everything else be damned. How many teams have drafted dudes who said flat out "I will not play for you, and would go overseas first" and they draft them and the dude goes overseas.

They should have gotten together with him and dealt with that issue and had something worked out.

Seeing as how they didn't do that, they need to work with him and figure something out now. If they can't or won't, then let the dude out of his contract, he pays back whatever he already got, and just call it a wash.

dude has an offer from the Globetrotters where he only plays the US games, as they drive their bus to most of those games. He'll be fine.
 5 years ago '06        #64
kast 
space
space
$880 | Props total: 328 328
 eCity 420 said:
I hope he overcomes it. Looks like he can be a good player.

Smoke some bud or some sh*t
n*gga that would make it so much worse
 5 years ago '05        #65
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
:( we all dont have the warrior gene
 5 years ago '12        #66
SE Texas713 1 heat pts
space
space
$472 | Props total: 247 247
I felt like the Rockets fu*ked up darfting this kid but i never watched ISU games but they say dude can ball. But I dont feel like they needed him with Marcus morris, patterson, and terrance ross trash a.ss but they also said they would accomadate dude and he feel like they hoeing him. I wish him the best but as a rocket fan, I didnt like the pick from the jump
 5 years ago '06        #67
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
thats crazy, i wish the best for dude
 5 years ago '12        #68
HeightsBound 110 heat pts110
space
space
$11,507 | Props total: 5981 5981
Medically, is there a process you have to go through before being eligible for the draft? Or is that AFTER you get drafted? If not, how in the hell did he even clear to enter the draft, him being in the draft was a waste of everyone's time and money.
 5 years ago '05        #69
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
, how can anybody feel sorry for this dude? okay, yeah he has a mental disorder. I'm not even going to downplay that or pretend i know how it is living with one..but at the end of the day, it's hard to tell whether how he's acting is due to his disorder or because he's a straight up diva f*ggot.

to me, it seems like he's just being a prissy little bi*ch. the rockets are accommodating him better than any other team would. he asked for a fu*ken custom RV and he got one...but the RV pulls up in his driveway to BRING him to training camp and he refuses to get in it! the mutherfu*ker OK'ed it and just spat in the organization's face afterwards.

they created a special set of rules for him..said he can come and go whenever he pleases..n*gga doesnt even have to show up for practice. tell me, have other n*ggas that have disorders who are CLEARLY better than royce fu*ken white able to do that? is ron artest or delonte west able to do that? hell, is even LeBron JAMES able to pull that sh*t off? i don't think so.

he just stopped showing up altogether after the rockets said "listen, you aren't good enough yet to play in games and you need to go spend some time in the d-league to develop your skills." but he wants playing time? scratch that, he's DEMANDING playing time. on the strength of what!?! dudes an unproven rook and he's acting like he's better than every other rookie that had to put in work. he's just using his disorder to hold houston hostage to his demands.

dude better shape up cuz he'll be out of the league with the quickness..no other team would even put up with half of the sh*t the rockets have over the past month.
 11-17-2012, 11:15 PM         #70
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they had dr drew on set on nbatv. He said people with this sickness usually get over it after a few flights. It's more of the fear of the unknown and when you face that fear it almost immediately goes away. I don't know why he just don't stand up to it. The difference in living your dreams and not, the difference between being a millionaire and being broke...seems like an easy call to me.
 11-17-2012, 11:16 PM         #71
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
I'm not even going to downplay that or pretend i know how it is living with one.....
Shoulda just stopped there. Makes you look stupid admitting you don't know what it's like to live with anxiety, and then going on to pass judgement as if you do.
 5 years ago '06        #72
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
 conscious thug said:
Shoulda just stopped there. Makes you look stupid admitting you don't know what it's like to live with anxiety, and then going on to pass judgement as if you do.
exactly

like sayin i dont know what its like to suffer with what you suffer with BUT your actin like a bi*ch by sufferin from it.

5 years ago '05        #73
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 conscious thug said:
i'm passing judgement? how? shut the fu*k up retard.

i said the rockets accommodated him as best they could and he only started really acting up when he DEMANDED playing time and they said no. why should he be granted playing time? just because he has anxiety? the fu*k?

conscious thug.. fu*ken cornball.
 5 years ago '10        #74
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
 conscious thug said:

True but you said you suffer from something similar....If you were in Whites position how would you handle this situation just curious ? Would you be trashing the only organization that gave you an opportunity ?

Does it give him the right to not show up for practices and skip his therapy sessions....I mean its a job now Rockets are paying him a lot of money he just cant skip work....You have something similar and I a.ssume you at least show up for work or school
 5 years ago '05        #75
blah blah blah 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,379 | Props total: 9360 9360
 Dun Dada said:
True but you said you suffer from something similar....If you were in Whites position how would you handle this situation just curious ? Would you be trashing the only organization that gave you an opportunity ?

Does it give him the right to not show up for practices and skip his therapy sessions....I mean its a job now Rockets are paying him a lot of money he just cant skip work....You have something similar and I a.ssume you at least show up for work or school
nobody knows what's going through whites mind or how he feels. you can't just control a mental illness, you can try but it just is what it is. I feel bad for dude but maybe nba isn't for him....
 5 years ago '10        #76
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 Icee said:
The NBA fixed Magic with his AIDS virus, so they fix this poo butt a.ss man's emotional/mental illness. I'm sure he CLEARY heard his agent tell him that NO OTHER TEAM WANTED HIM because he's "TOO RISKY," it's really sad that he hasn't stepped foot in an NBA arena and he's already living up to expectations.

I know this is serious but common now......that's classic
 11-18-2012, 12:04 AM         #77
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He talkin crazy
 11-18-2012, 12:25 AM         #78
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dun Dada said:

Well I think it's a complex situation. On the one hand the Rockets invested a high pick in him, and you would imagine that they would try to do whatever they could to accomodate him. He clearly doesn't feel like they are taking it seriously enough, or he'd probably be at the practices and games.

We've seen historically teams not handle situations like this properly, whether it's Delonte West or whoever that have either issues with manic depression/bipolar disorder or anxiety or depression or whatever. They need to start investing in psychologists and psychiatrists on staff that can deal with this.

This isn't a simple "dude's a pus*y" type thing as I see a lot of people saying. Only people who have never gone through it personally would suggest it is.

On the other hand, it's a business. Do they HAVE to accomodate him and make special arrangements? Not really. They got dude by the balls so to speak, because he's under contract to them. They don't have to trade or release him, they can just dismiss him and fine the sh*t out of him.

However that doesn't help them out publicity wise from those who either are offended at how they are treating someone who has a legitimate disability, or fans who are pissed that they spent a high draft pick on this guy and either aren't doing enough to get him in, or drafted him without handling all this sh*t before hand.

None of us know 100% of the details, but as I said it's a complex issue. I don't envy either side in this because they're both taking public hits for this.

I think the best thing to do would be for the Rockets to release him under the understanding that he will pay back any money they have given him. Salary, bonuses, etc, and they will wipe out any fines he has accrued.

That way he can go on his way and either sign with an NBA team that will accomodate his disability, or he can jump in with the Globetrotters who've offered him a spot.
 11-18-2012, 12:43 AM         #79
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just wait till KG is done with this n*gga
 5 years ago '06        #80
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226
 SOCIALITE said:
they had dr drew on set on nbatv. He said people with this sickness usually get over it after a few flights. It's more of the fear of the unknown and when you face that fear it almost immediately goes away. I don't know why he just don't stand up to it. The difference in living your dreams and not, the difference between being a millionaire and being broke...seems like an easy call to me.
n*gga not tryna hear that. he prolly feels he'd be better off just leaving it alone for his own health;s sake
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago