most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
12540 pageviews
148 comments

ZeusSlaps 774 heat pts774
space
space
$27,786 | Props total: 2432 2432
Royce White: "Im Willing To Quit"

" Houston Rockets rookie Royce White says he is prepared to walk away from the NBA.

Speaking in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, White said he was going to meet with general manager Daryl Morey on Monday to discuss his situation with the team.

The Rockets have said they intend to fine White for every day he remains away from the team or does not attend sessions with a therapist arranged by the team. The Houston Chronicle has reported the Rockets have no plans to trade or release White.

On the situation with White, a Rockets spokesperson said the team stands by its previous statement, "We are committed to his long term success and we will continue to support him now and going forward."

White, the 16th pick in June's draft, has remained absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.

White, who has yet to play in a game, did not attend Monday's game against Miami, Tuesday's practice or Wednesday's game against New Orleans. He said on his Twitter account that the Rockets have been "inconsistent" in helping him.

The Rockets (4-4) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (3-5) on Friday night."

[pic - click to view]

Houston Rockets' Royce White ready to walk away from NBA - ESPN

[pic - click to view]

image you woulda thought setting his family up financially would be all the motivation dude would need to overcome his sickness...

Last edited by ZeusSlaps; 11-16-2012 at 06:26 PM..

148 comments for "Royce White: "Im Willing To Quit""

5 years ago '07        #2
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
damn how did this n*gga make it thru college then
 5 years ago '11        #3
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,273 | Props total: 17737 17737
he's fu*king up b.... there's no win in this situation for him.... if the rockets fall out, no one will come near him... and its not like the rockets arent making concessions to accommodate him already...

I still cant believe this n*gga was on twitter for a whole day going nuts on the rockets......
 5 years ago '10        #4
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
I dont get it cant he just play home games or atleast practice I mean in College im sure he played most of the games...I thought he just had an anxiety of flying not of playing basketball
 5 years ago '11        #5
The One N Only 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 31 31
 Dun Dada said:
I dont get it cant he just play home games or atleast practice I mean in College im sure he played most of the games...I thought he just had an anxiety of flying not of playing basketball
nah i'm pretty sure he just generally has anxiety and it probably got a lot worse with the pressure raising as he transitioned to such a high level of play
 5 years ago '08        #6
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,356 | Props total: 1169 1169
 Dun Dada said:
nah he has the "generalized anxiety disorder"

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #7
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
Big mistake... He's going to regret it in the future... You don't work that hard to get drafted into the NBA, only to quit in your rookie season... I know generalized anxiety disorder is a serious thing, but come on man... Think with your brain...

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 11-16-2012 at 06:30 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #8
Aces Up 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,426 | Props total: 752 752
Honestly I could see things like this becoming a bigger problem in the future. I'm sure players in the past had all sorts of mental illness or some form of G.A.D. I mean didn't Bill Russell throw up before every game because of nerves?

Now there is just names for these types of things and it's becoming more acceptable to talk about it. It wouldn't hurt teams to put more emphasis on mental health of their players as well as their physical health. I hope he can work through it though, many people would k!ll to be in the position he's in right now.
 5 years ago '12        #9
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,264 | Props total: 840 840
I hope he overcomes it. Looks like he can be a good player.

Smoke some bud or some sh*t
 5 years ago '08        #10
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
at least do it for a year and get your money up. what's the worst that's gonna happen to him? he'll cry on the plane?
 5 years ago '09        #11
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
He has a serious disorder and for him the question is does he risk his health to get millions and make fans/family/n*ggas that hang on happy or does he say the best thing for me is to walk away and preserve my life and health while I do something else.

If it's as serious as they say then he doesn't have a tough choice to make.
 5 years ago '11        #12
CoochieCrook 
space
space
$2,941 | Props total: 2767 2767
 eCity 420 said:

Hell he already got anxiety, that weed paranoia gonna k!ll him. naturally chill people don't get paranoid, but as bad as his anxiety is, it might be a good idea for him to stay away from trees.
 5 years ago '11        #13
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Rockets saved us from this fu*k n*gga
 5 years ago '05        #14
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,843 | Props total: 1531 1531
 eCity 420 said:

that can make it even worse.

this can't possibly be easy for him just think about it. he was scared to be in a room full of family, friends, and people that support him. now he has to deal with moving to a new city, being around a bunch of people he doesn't know, no comfort zone basically.

i'd expect the majority of people on this site to be insensitive about something like this but personally i can understand it and hope he overcomes it.
 5 years ago '07        #15
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,633 | Props total: 3280 3280
 Russ369 said:
Big mistake... He's going to regret it in the future... You don't work that hard to get drafted into the NBA, only to quit in your rookie season... I know generalized anxiety disorder is a serious thing, but come on man... Think with your brain...

5 years ago '09        #16
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
 CoochieCrook said:
Hell he already got anxiety, that weed paranoia gonna k!ll him. naturally chill people don't get paranoid, but as bad as his anxiety is, it might be a good idea for him to stay away from trees.
The trees is what got him through in Ames. OAN: I still dont get where everybody gets the whole paranoia with weed from. In all of my years of marijuana I haven't experienced that once and I've been through many transitions and phases of the potency of it.

If it does that to you then you shouldn't be smoking it. Or at the very least you should only be smoking a certain kind.
 5 years ago '05        #17
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,843 | Props total: 1531 1531
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The trees is what got him through in Ames. OAN: I still dont get where everybody gets the whole paranoia with weed from. In all of my years of marijuana I haven't experienced that once and I've been through many transitions and phases of the potency of it.

If it does that to you then you shouldn't be smoking it. Or at the very least you should only be smoking a certain kind.
so you a.ssume the effects you feel are the same for everyone? paranoia/anxiety is a very common effect from smoking herb.
 5 years ago '08        #18
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,356 | Props total: 1169 1169
 dblockallday said:
that can make it even worse.

this can't possibly be easy for him just think about it. he was scared to be in a room full of family, friends, and people that support him. now he has to deal with moving to a new city, being around a bunch of people he doesn't know, no comfort zone basically.

i'd expect the majority of people on this site to be insensitive about something like this but personally i can understand it and hope he overcomes it.
agree i suffer from some minor anxiety but not like what he has, so i can't even imagine what it must be like. and yes smoking makes it worse.
 5 years ago '05        #19
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
nobody will care though....
 5 years ago '09        #20
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,250 | Props total: 13485 13485
Wasted pick
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago