10 Biggest Movie Flops of 2012

most viewed right now
 104
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
avatar space
space
$20,489 | Props total: 16249 16249
any idiot could have seen that dredd was gonna flop
 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM         #22
S E L F  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soda Pop said:
It was supposed to be the call to arms for Black Hollywood or the film that would prove blacks watch movies or some sh*t.
Well whoever said that is a fu*kin idiot. Blacks don't watch movies? Since when?

Maybe "they don't buy" movies is a new stereotype they're trying to peddle. All black cast and it brought in 50 million. I'd say it did well. Could care less if the studio took a L.
 5 years ago '08        #23
topshotta22 
space
avatar space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
goddamn thats my boy flopped? thats fu*ked up i just saw it a cpl weeks ago and that movie is funny as fu*k, smoked a fat blunt before it and i was fu*kin dying all the way through
 5 years ago '07        #24
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
Hotel Transylvania wasn't a flop Sandler and Samberg ate
 11-17-2012, 10:54 AM         #25
1iamssmedia  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Red Tails and 1000 Words were NOT good....
I have a review for Red tails already recorded and edited, I just dont know if i wanna upload it...
1000 Words Review here, if you wanna see my full opinion....

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '07        #26
jambo 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,125 | Props total: 10 10
 11-17-2012, 03:08 PM         #27
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They gave Dredd zero promotion. I didn't even know it came out in theaters already! gland Sandler flopped again. Hes been awful for over a decade now. He needs to just go away.
 5 years ago '10        #28
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Cee4our said:
airheads, billy madison, happy gilmore, bulletproof, wedding singer, waterboy, big daddy....all hilarious
All those movies came out over 10 years ago
 5 years ago '04        #29
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6423 6423
 S E L F said:
Well whoever said that is a fu*kin idiot. Blacks don't watch movies? Since when?

Maybe "they don't buy" movies is a new stereotype they're trying to peddle. All black cast and it brought in 50 million. I'd say it did well. Could care less if the studio took a L.
when they start pushing out 30 more madea movies and thats it
 5 years ago '05        #30
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
I'm glad Cloud Atlas flopped cuz the Wachowski's fu*ked that sh*t up.
 5 years ago '06        #31
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 UniVersaceDaGr8 said:
dredd needed waaaaaay more media hype to make any real money. cloud atlas got what it had comin. surprised a thousand words didn't do more cuz wack as they can be, eddie been k!llin the family market for a while w/ his movies. and premium rush? a n*gga ridin a bike for an hour 45? n*gga u better have proof of alien life in that lil fanny pack.
 5 years ago '06        #32
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Soda Pop said:
It was supposed to be the call to arms for Black Hollywood or the film that would prove blacks watch movies or some sh*t. Though I disagree with the bs surrounding it, I heard it just wasn't good and it lost 8 million dollars. As hollywood see's it, it's a flop.
if wen u factor in dvd/bluray sales, it did decently
 11-17-2012, 04:03 PM         #33
lifeundthescope  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Red tails was a success for Black cinema George Lucas made that movie to show that making a film with a all-black cast can be successful, White studio's weren't trying to push it saying no one wants to see a film with a all Black cast. Red tails did well period.
 5 years ago '10        #34
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 lifeundthescope said:
Red tails was a success for Black cinema George Lucas made that movie to show that making a film with a all-black cast can be successful, White studio's weren't trying to push it saying no one wants to see a film with a all Black cast. Red tails did well period.
ummmmm... No

Red Tails flopped.

Any time a movie doesn't produce a profit, it flopped. Period.

There are no moral victories in Hollywood


All Red Tails proved to the Hollywood brass was that they're better off making these low budget **** movies because there is a better chance of recouping their investment.

Why would they make another big budget black movie when this movie just proved that the chances of them recouping their budget or making a profit are slim.

Tyler Perry's "Madia Witness Protection" made 65 million and only cost the studio 20 million to make (they made back their money times 3)

Red Tails cost 60 Million to make and made back right around 50 (10 million dollar loss)


Based on this, Which types of movies do you think they're gonna continue to invest in

 5 years ago '08        #35
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 422 422
 TheMindOf said:
ummmmm... No

Red Tails flopped.

Any time a movie doesn't produce a profit, it flopped. Period.

There are no moral victories in Hollywood


All Red Tails proved to the Hollywood brass was that they're better off making these low budget **** movies because there is a better chance of recouping their investment.

Why would they make another big budget black movie when this movie just proved that the chances of them recouping their budget or making a profit are slim.

Tyler Perry's "Madia Witness Protection" made 65 million and only cost the studio 20 million to make (they made back their money times 3)

Red Tails cost 60 Million to make and made back right around 50 (10 million dollar loss)


Based on this, Which types of movies do you think they're gonna continue to invest in

How much did Think Like A Man make?
 5 years ago '07        #36
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
That's my boy was okay. , I avoided the rest of the movies on that list.
 5 years ago '12        #37
gandulez 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$259 | Props total: 548 548
i didnt even know dredd was out.
 5 years ago '05        #38
hily 
space
avatar space
space
$15,360 | Props total: 689 689
Red tails was horrible like so bad it was insulting.
 5 years ago '05        #39
hily 
space
avatar space
space
$15,360 | Props total: 689 689
 lifeundthescope said:
Red tails was a success for Black cinema George Lucas made that movie to show that making a film with a all-black cast can be successful, White studio's weren't trying to push it saying no one wants to see a film with a all Black cast. Red tails did well period.
It lost money, and inaccurately told a wonderful story about truly heroic men.
 5 years ago '10        #40
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 lifeundthescope said:
Red tails was a success for Black cinema George Lucas made that movie to show that making a film with a all-black cast can be successful, White studio's weren't trying to push it saying no one wants to see a film with a all Black cast. Red tails did well period.
the movie cost about 60 mil to make, it made about 50 mil. studios only get like 60 % of revenue. so they got like 30 mil.

when your expenses double what you make it is a flop. period.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 46
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 20
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
70 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
249 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy