Nov 15 - Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama Family Last Year

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
The president of Uruguay only MAKES $12,500 a month TOTAL. And he gives most of that away.

The PRESIDENT of Uruguay barely makes enough money to afford a decent family home in certain parts of this country.

11-17-2012, 07:00 AM         #42
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
who in tha hell told u that.not only did it cost that much but it completely shut down tha economy.forecasters predicted its actual losses as high as 7 billion

and i posted it because that article said england taxpayers only spent 57 mil on tha royal family
my bad didnt see it

yeah i know it cost a sh*t load, it still made people money though, maybe not the tax payer but people caked off of it, someones on the recieving end of all that tourism and cost
 5 years ago '08        #43
gangsta_blck 9 heat pts
space
space
$581 | Props total: 0 0
By the way how much was spent on Bush some years ago? Oh them numbers may have got lost.
 5 years ago '10        #44
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
I would agree that Obama's budget should increase...Simply due to his security needs...BUT no president needs to be spending $1.4 BILLION...that is ridiculous.

Last edited by Pete Butter; 11-17-2012 at 09:21 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #45
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,825 | Props total: 2097 2097
Yea I never get the white/black argument when it comes to this sh*t. Its like how dumb u gotta be to not realize that the country is only 13% black and I know not even half of them voted (I'm guessing)

A good chance that Obama's votes were made up of about 80% white. Yall play the Race Card like yall play the Party Card which is just ridiculous. Yall really needa better yallselves for future generations man. Ignorance everywhere
 5 years ago '04        #46
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,386 | Props total: 27 27
 SomeOnesoN said:

[pic - click to view]

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion dollars on everything from staffing, housing, flying and entertaining President Obama and his family last year, according to the author of a new book on taxpayer-funded presidential perks.

In comparison, British taxpayers spent just $57.8 million on the royal family.

Author Robert Keith Gray writes in “Presidential Perks Gone Royal” that Obama isn’t the only president to have taken advantage of the expensive trappings of his office. But the amount of money spent on the first family, he argues, has risen tremendously under the Obama administration and needs to be reined in.

Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the “total cost of the presidency,” factoring the cost of the “biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,” a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

“The most concerning thing, I think, is the use of taxpayer funds to actually abet his re-election,” Gray, who worked in the Eisenhower administration and for other Republican presidents, said in an interview with TheDC on Wednesday.

“The press has been so slow in picking up on this extraordinary increase in the president’s expenses,” Gray told TheDC. (RELATED: Five shocking truths about Michelle Obama)

Specifically, Gray said taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning.

When the trip is deemed political, it’s customary for the president to pay the equivalent of a first class commercial ticket for certain passengers. But Gray says that hardly covers the taxpayer cost of flying the president and his staffers around on Air Force One.

“When the United States’ billion-dollar air armada is being used politically, is it fair to taxpayers that we only be reimbursed by the president’s campaign committee for the value of one first-class commercial ticket for each passenger who is deemed aboard ‘for political purposes?’” Gray asks in the book.

“And is that bargain-price advantage fair to those opposing an incumbent president?” (SEE ALSO: Millions of taxpayer dollars used for Disney World conference)

In the book, Gray admits Americans want their president to be safe and comfortable but argues the system should be reformed to stop the amount of unquestioned perks given to the president.

“There is no mechanism for anyone’s objection if a president were to pay his chief of staff $5,000,000 a year,” he told TheDC. “And nothing but a president’s conscience can dissuade him from buying his own reelection with use of some public money.”

Aside from a salary, the president gets a $50,000 a year expense account, a $100,000 travel account, $19,000 entertainment budget and an additional million for “unanticipated needs,” he notes.

Here is a sample of other pricey taxpayer funded perks exclusively reserved for the president:

The president can to appoint high-paid staffers without Senate confirmation: Obama has 469 senior staffers and 226 are paid more than $100,000 a year, according to the book. Seventy-seven are paid as much as $172,000 per year. He also has appointed 43 “czars.”

The president can vacation for free at Camp David: Gray writes that each round trip made to Camp David costs the taxpayers $25,350. It’s also estimated that the combined transportation and personnel costs for a Camp David visit are $295,000 per night.

The president has a full-time movie projectionist in the White House theater: Projectionists sleep at the White House and are there 24 hours a day in case anyone needs to see a movie. “Compared to the 450 times President Carter used the movie theater in his four years in the White House, the average American citizen, according to industry statistics, goes out to see a movie slightly less than five times a year,” Gray writes.

The president’s family’s gets certain travel and security expenses paid while vacationing: “First Lady Michelle Obama drew flack from the media and irate citizens when it was disclosed that, not counting Saturdays and Sundays, she spent 42 days on vacation — within the span of one year.”

The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer: “Bo made the news when he and his handler were flown to join the president on vacation in Maine,” Gray wrote about the Obama family dog. “It has been reported that the first family’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.”

Keep getting fu-ked America
hater....He still going to be your president
If you don't like it LEAVE America
 5 years ago '08        #47
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 719 719
you ppl dismiss things way to easy. its your world huh, we just live in it
 5 years ago '11        #48
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Obama be in the oval office cutting checks like "At the the top it's just us n*gga"
 5 years ago '10        #49
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
 SomeOnesoN said:
please don't label me.. Republicans lost their way a long time ago. If you are insinuating that I'm a Bush/Republican/Obama hater, please spare me the bullsh*t.. (not going in on any posters above, even tho dailymail itself may be biased, but not I).

In 2008, yeah, I was supporting Ron Paul.. BUT. I also mistakenly said I'd rather have Obama as our president over McCain because I really thought he would change the social structure of perception, primarily racism.. Boy was I wrong. 2 sides of the same coin.
But... you're taking an article from Daily Caller... a new organization that believes Ann Coulter is a genius and every other page in that same news organization has her face all over it... and you're claiming NOT to be biased... so why bring up a... BIASED news organization heavily influenced on the Republican side?

And racism will ultimately never die. Face it, until people drop the negative stereotypes of all races, racism will continue to flourish, until people receive heavy consequence for their racist remark, it will remain a living entity
 11-17-2012, 11:41 AM         #50
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jinusean said:
But... you're taking an article from Daily Caller... a new organization that believes Ann Coulter is a genius and every other page in that same news organization has her face all over it... and you're claiming NOT to be biased... so why bring up a... BIASED news organization heavily influenced on the Republican side?

And racism will ultimately never die. Face it, until people drop the negative stereotypes of all races, racism will continue to flourish, until people receive heavy consequence for their racist remark, it will remain a living entity
But in today's world the definition of racism has transformed into a whole new meaning. Blacks are apparently racist for being even remotely skeptic in their views of our so called American history........and Whites are anything but racist and have every right in the world to want their country to remain one that distinctly caters to them...........hate does need to cease but in order for that to happen we have to get in touch with reality and stop making excuses for our behaviors........we have to change our leaders and our structures..........but too many people are against that for a change on a dramatic scale to really happen.
 5 years ago '07        #51
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,337 | Props total: 2047 2047
 SteveBoogie said:
LOL at you stupid f*ggots trying to rationalize a family spending $1.4B in a year BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK. Stop being fu*king victims.
The fu*k you talking bout, ya bish
 5 years ago '10        #52
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
 Dos-effect said:
But in today's world the definition of racism has transformed into a whole new meaning. Blacks are apparently racist for being even remotely skeptic in their views of our so called American history........and Whites are anything but racist and have every right in the world to want their country to remain one that distinctly caters to them...........hate does need to cease but in order for that to happen we have to get in touch with reality and stop making excuses for our behaviors........we have to change our leaders and our structures..........but too many people are against that for a change on a dramatic scale to really happen.

Another words... what I JUST said
 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM         #53
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jinusean said:
Another words... what I JUST said
No what you said we need to change......with no real significance of the problem or a solution

What I typed was an agreement to your statement but with more deeper perspective.....
 5 years ago '11        #54
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,654 | Props total: 4724 4724
 Got Cheeve? said:
This sh*t is retarded honestly. No matter which napkin is president at current stance, Repubnapkins or Democratpkins, this shouldn't be happening. This is how you know the world is fu*ked, when we spent all this money on failed campaigns (Romney campaign), Presidential pleasures like this, and other events we don't even usually get notified about. sh*t is sad.
of course its not right rich people have enough money to give romney 400 and obama 300 mil but can't pay their taxes without loopholes giving them everything back. And the presidents need to be protected at whatever cost getting your leader knocked off is a sign of weakness.

and the world isn't fu*ked up for this, its juust meaningless money

Last edited by megalomaniacal; 11-17-2012 at 12:21 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #55
missing linX 
space
space
$1,503 | Props total: 150 150
I don't care who the president is. They don't need to be spending money like that. I understand the president travels and can't just be walking around by himself, but still... that's a REAL lot of money. There are way too many homeless people and fu*ked up places in this country that could use attention.
 5 years ago '10        #56
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 ChickzNKickz said:
BX accountant..

Send ya Resume to the White House and put Ronnie down as a referral.
 5 years ago '04        #57
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 missing linX said:
I don't care who the president is. They don't need to be spending money like that. I understand the president travels and can't just be walking around by himself, but still... that's a REAL lot of money. There are way too many homeless people and fu*ked up places in this country that could use attention.
 5 years ago '07        #58
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 SomeOnesoN said:
please don't label me.. Republicans lost their way a long time ago. If you are insinuating that I'm a Bush/Republican/Obama hater, please spare me the bullsh*t.. (not going in on any posters above, even tho dailymail itself may be biased, but not I).

In 2008, yeah, I was supporting Ron Paul.. BUT. I also mistakenly said I'd rather have Obama as our president over McCain because I really thought he would change the social structure of perception, primarily racism.. Boy was I wrong. 2 sides of the same coin.
so the first black president didn't do away racism...you don't say

Last edited by Pistol Peter; 11-17-2012 at 04:40 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #59
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
This is not even an issue compared to tax evasion by the rich, fu*k outta here.
 5 years ago '04        #60
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,591 | Props total: 4040 4040
Should have used his time to write a book on wasteful spending in general in politics .
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Upcoming Horror Movies 2018 (Trailer)
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy