Phat ass white girl for real
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
151 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
6067 pageviews
69 comments

SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,249 | Props total: 1280 1280
Nov 15 - Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama Family Last Year

[pic - click to view]

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion dollars on everything from staffing, housing, flying and entertaining President Obama and his family last year, according to the author of a new book on taxpayer-funded presidential perks.

In comparison, British taxpayers spent just $57.8 million on the royal family.

Author Robert Keith Gray writes in “Presidential Perks Gone Royal” that Obama isn’t the only president to have taken advantage of the expensive trappings of his office. But the amount of money spent on the first family, he argues, has risen tremendously under the Obama administration and needs to be reined in.

Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the “total cost of the presidency,” factoring the cost of the “biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,” a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

“The most concerning thing, I think, is the use of taxpayer funds to actually abet his re-election,” Gray, who worked in the Eisenhower administration and for other Republican presidents, said in an interview with TheDC on Wednesday.

“The press has been so slow in picking up on this extraordinary increase in the president’s expenses,” Gray told TheDC. (RELATED: Five shocking truths about Michelle Obama)

Specifically, Gray said taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning.

When the trip is deemed political, it’s customary for the president to pay the equivalent of a first class commercial ticket for certain passengers. But Gray says that hardly covers the taxpayer cost of flying the president and his staffers around on Air Force One.

“When the United States’ billion-dollar air armada is being used politically, is it fair to taxpayers that we only be reimbursed by the president’s campaign committee for the value of one first-class commercial ticket for each passenger who is deemed aboard ‘for political purposes?’” Gray asks in the book.

“And is that bargain-price advantage fair to those opposing an incumbent president?” (SEE ALSO: Millions of taxpayer dollars used for Disney World conference)

In the book, Gray admits Americans want their president to be safe and comfortable but argues the system should be reformed to stop the amount of unquestioned perks given to the president.

“There is no mechanism for anyone’s objection if a president were to pay his chief of staff $5,000,000 a year,” he told TheDC. “And nothing but a president’s conscience can dissuade him from buying his own reelection with use of some public money.”

Aside from a salary, the president gets a $50,000 a year expense account, a $100,000 travel account, $19,000 entertainment budget and an additional million for “unanticipated needs,” he notes.

Here is a sample of other pricey taxpayer funded perks exclusively reserved for the president:

The president can to appoint high-paid staffers without Senate confirmation: Obama has 469 senior staffers and 226 are paid more than $100,000 a year, according to the book. Seventy-seven are paid as much as $172,000 per year. He also has appointed 43 “czars.”

The president can vacation for free at Camp David: Gray writes that each round trip made to Camp David costs the taxpayers $25,350. It’s also estimated that the combined transportation and personnel costs for a Camp David visit are $295,000 per night.

The president has a full-time movie projectionist in the White House theater: Projectionists sleep at the White House and are there 24 hours a day in case anyone needs to see a movie. “Compared to the 450 times President Carter used the movie theater in his four years in the White House, the average American citizen, according to industry statistics, goes out to see a movie slightly less than five times a year,” Gray writes.

The president’s family’s gets certain travel and security expenses paid while vacationing: “First Lady Michelle Obama drew flack from the media and irate citizens when it was disclosed that, not counting Saturdays and Sundays, she spent 42 days on vacation — within the span of one year.”

The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer: “Bo made the news when he and his handler were flown to join the president on vacation in Maine,” Gray wrote about the Obama family dog. “It has been reported that the first family’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.”

[pic - click to view]

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year | The Daily Caller

Keep getting fu-ked America image

69 comments for "Nov 15 - Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama Family Last Year"

5 years ago '11        #2
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
Yawwwwnnnnn another bitter a.ss republican complaining. Like all the President don't spend. What u rather him catch a southwest flight to attend meets? U rather him living in the old Cabrini green projects? U act like this a regular guy who can just go walking down the street are go chill somewhere. U talking about a marked man. Go walk in his shoes and be cheap and watch how fast you get k!lled.

Last edited by Suppafresh; 11-16-2012 at 12:25 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20018 20018
lol exactly, Republicans bi*ch about anything and everything .Hilarious, and I hope Texas does secede. We got tons of sh*t leaders who took us to war from Texas. They also give us moron state reps constantly.
 5 years ago '07        #4
space
space
Where is the outrage?
George W. Bush is slated to receive $1.3 million in taxpayer dollars for fiscal year 2013, including $85,000 in phone costs and $26,000 in printing costs, according to a budget proposal compiled by the General Services Administration.

The money -- provided under the Former Presidents Act of 1958, which grants ex-presidents a taxpayer-sponsored "annual allowance" -- goes toward office expenses, staff and travel.

The Daily Caller‘s Alex Pappas reports:

Former President Bill Clinton is requesting more than $1 million. Former President George H.W. Bush is requesting $879,000 and former President Jimmy Carter is requesting $518,000.

As for widows of former presidents, like Nancy Reagan, $7,000 is budgeted for postal costs.

Bush's anticipated phone bill is five times higher than the next closest request, which was submitted by George Bush senior. George W. Bush also had the highest requests for unspecified office equipment ($86,000), travel ($60,000), postage ($20,000) and "other services" ($26,000).
Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation don’t want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.

The right wing has been outraged at the four million dollar plus price tag for Obama’s family Christmas vacation, and they constantly hold George W. Bush up as an example of how thrifty a president should be when going on vacation.

The problem is that W. wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in US history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president, but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president.

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

If cost of the flight was the only expense involved to taxpayers Bush’s vacations would still seem rather economical, but there is more, much more. Unlike the Obama’s $4 million Christmas vacation price tag, which includes the cost of everything from transportation to accommodations for the First Family, the White House staff, and the White House press corps, Bush’s numbers only include the cost of flying the president to Crawford. The cost of transporting and accommodating staff, media, friends and family is not included in Bush’s vacation numbers.

In response to growing criticism that the president was on vacation too much, the Bush administration adopted the Rovian tactic of scheduling, “work events,” while the president was in Crawford so that they could claim that President Bush’s vacations were working vacations. During his infamous pre-9/11 August vacation, the AP reported that, “Using the ranch as a base, he will promote White House initiatives in Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver, Albuquerque, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and San Antonio.”

Bush’s “working vacations” cost taxpayers a small fortune in travel costs because President Bush and his staff would make day trips on Air Force One all across the country in order to counter the criticism that he was on vacation too often. For eight years, Bush essentially used Air Force One as his personal vacation taxi service

What was also not counted in Bush’s Air Force One mileage total were the vacations where Bush flew to Crawford from Camp David such as the following via Media Matters:

In a December 27, 2001, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Sun-Sentinel article (accessed via Nexis), national correspondent Jeff Zeleny reported “[a]fter spending Christmas at the Camp David presidential retreat in Maryland, the president and first lady boarded Air Force One to travel to their ranch near the village of Crawford.”

And on December 26, 2007, The a.ssociated Press reported that Bush took “Air Force One to fly from his Maryland mountaintop retreat to his Texas ranch here to see in the new year.”

FactCheck.org was writing about the anonymous chain emails about Obama’s travel costs and noted in July that the stories about Obama’s travel expenses are, “part of continuing pattern of false and misleading claims about the travels of the president and the first lady,” and that Obama used Air Force One less in his first two years in office than George W. Bush did.

That same pattern of false information about Obama’s travel costs relative to Bush’s is also rampant on right wing blogs, websites, and Fox News. The cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation is a good example of how right wing media can take a small fact like vacation costs or the number of Americans paying taxes in a single year and build an entire misinformation campaign around it.

The total cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation may be $4 million, but George W. Bush spent exponentially more taxpayers dollars, because he used Air Force One for political purposes in an attempt to distract the public from the amount of days that he was spending on vacation. In flights alone just for himself, George W. Bush spent five times more money flying just himself to Texas than Obama is spending on an entire Christmas vacation.

It is likely that the Bush administration spent hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on vacations, but the false outrage machine is on overdrive due to one Obama Christmas vacation.

By not including the cost of everything, the Obama bashers distorted the numbers to make it appear that Obama was lavishly spending taxpayer dollars on vacations, but a look inside the numbers reveals that nobody knows how to waste taxpayer dollars quite like the GOP.

Merry Christmas, Republicans. Here’s to another false Obama smear debunked.
spare me the fake outrage daily caller.
 5 years ago '11        #5
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202 OP
space
space
please don't label me.. Republicans lost their way a long time ago. If you are insinuating that I'm a Bush/Republican/Obama hater, please spare me the bullsh*t.. (not going in on any posters above, even tho dailymail itself may be biased, but not I).

In 2008, yeah, I was supporting Ron Paul.. BUT. I also mistakenly said I'd rather have Obama as our president over McCain because I really thought he would change the social structure of perception, primarily racism.. Boy was I wrong. 2 sides of the same coin.

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 11-16-2012 at 12:44 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #6
space
space
 SomeOnesoN said:
please don't label me.. Republicans lost their way a long time ago. If you are insinuating that I'm a Bush/Republican/Obama hater, please spare me the bullsh*t..

In 2008, yeah, I was supporting Ron Paul.. BUT. I also mistakenly said I'd rather have Obama as our president over McCain because I really thought he would change the social structure of perception, primarily racism.. Boy was I wrong. 2 sides of the same coin.
I wasn't saying you're a republican But I'm pretty sure the dailycaller is a conservative website. Thats all I was saying. And I'm still taking Obama over McCain and Alaska Barbie. Obama hasn't been perfect, no president has, but he was by far the better choice. McCain is on the floor every week talking about who we should bomb.
 5 years ago '11        #7
space
space
 NoTitleSince73 said:
I wasn't saying you're a republican But I'm pretty sure the dailycaller is a conservative website. Thats all I was saying. And I'm still taking Obama over McCain and Alaska Barbie. Obama hasn't been perfect, no president has, but he was by far the better choice. McCain is on the floor every week talking about who we should bomb.
yeah, i had to edit my post in parenthesis. Even thought choosing the less of two evils still makes it evil, I too wanted Obama to win. I sympathize a lot for the people, i really try putting myself in other peoples shoes looking through other people's eyes. Case in point, I gave Obama the benefit of a doubt. I sort of felt betrayed because of his lies, but that goes with any other president.. Sheit, even my grandma called me and bragged about Latinos for Obama.. When I came through she gave me a thumbs up.
 5 years ago '10        #8
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
I bet a few extreme republicans probably thought about turning his on switch; off. And their mad cause they cant touch him. To many perks, keeping him safe......
 5 years ago '07        #9
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
now yall wanna talk about robbing tax payers u rich offshore account muthafu*kers?
 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM         #10
Series 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I doubt this is true.
 5 years ago '11        #11
space
space
Congress placed a provision in the $1 trillion omnibus spending bill for 2012 designed to bar the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from using any of its $30.7 billion taxpayer funds to “advocate or promote gun control.” However, upon signing the bill into law, President Obama issued a caveat of his own:

I have advised Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress’s consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient.
In other words: “Congress may pass laws, but I decide which of its laws are constitutional and which I can simply choose to ignore.”
 5 years ago '05        #12
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,024 | Props total: 537 537
It's hard to be mad at our president when he actually has a hard enough job to warrant what ever... I see fire f!ghters never pay for a meal just in who they are... Yet buffet romney bloomberg jayz don't really do much and kick their feet up.. So no one really gives a fu*k. It's a perk for taking maybe one of the hardest jobs in the world.
 5 years ago '07        #13
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
who in tha fu*k makes these claims up?tha royal wedding alone cost between 30-60 million dollars
 11-16-2012, 08:06 AM         #14
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
who in tha fu*k makes these claims up?tha royal wedding alone cost between 30-60 million dollars
the royal wedding made money, its a big thing for the old generations, promotes tourism and keeps the old culture alive

aint beefin but dunno why you brought that up
 5 years ago '05        #15
autoraptronix 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,526 | Props total: 291 291
 UniVersaceDaGr8 said:
now yall wanna talk about robbing tax payers u rich offshore account muthafu*kers?

ikr
 5 years ago '04        #16
zonicview 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 735 735
Doesn't matter if they are Republican or Democrat they spending our money on bullsh!t
 5 years ago '09        #17
messy marv stan 4535 heat pts4535
space
space
$54,001 | Props total: 67427 67427
the obama camp could have took these trips for a lot less then $1.4 billion
 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM         #18
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ill spend tax money to keep a Black man in the White house so these Whites will be mad IDGAF
 11-16-2012, 07:36 PM         #19
SteveBoogie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL at you stupid f*ggots trying to rationalize a family spending $1.4B in a year BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK. Stop being fu*king victims.
 5 years ago '06        #20
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8920 8920
wtf isnt this normal .
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy